PDA

View Full Version : What Manufacturer was Missing at the Show?

ChumpChange
02-07-2007, 09:51 AM
I don't recall seeing Commander this year and of course we all know Trident was not there as well. Who else was missing that is usually there?
Who took Commander's spot upstairs?

Jyruiz
02-07-2007, 09:55 AM
Commander was not there last year either.

BALLSDEEP
02-07-2007, 09:56 AM
Didn't see any Fountain's. Overall was kind of disappointed in the boat show. It seemed better in previous years.

beaverretriever
02-07-2007, 09:58 AM
MTI
Turbine Marine.
Damn, if they were there, I would have gone down to buy a boat. Well, too bad. Their loss.. ;) :D

V-DRIVE VIDEO
02-07-2007, 09:58 AM
Didn't see any Fountain's. Overall was kind of disappointed in the boat show. It seemed better in previous years.
Fountain was down in the dungeon.;)

Jyruiz
02-07-2007, 09:59 AM
There was one fountain, a 38'r but is was in a very poor location. I had the same feeling about the show.

ChumpChange
02-07-2007, 10:03 AM
There was one fountain, a 38'r but is was in a very poor location. I had the same feeling about the show.
There were three fountains I thought. I climbed in two of them.

Jyruiz
02-07-2007, 10:06 AM
There were three fountains I thought. I climbed in two of them.
I climbed in one, but it was upstairs, near where Magic has there boats.

BALLSDEEP
02-07-2007, 10:40 AM
I guess I missed them. Thats kind of surpring that they were down stairs. In past years they had some big boats and were up top.
I didn't think this years show was that good, I was kind of surprised that there were no houseboats/ timeshares on display either.

XFactor
02-07-2007, 10:58 AM
Is Orion there? I don't recall seeing them.

blackcloud75
02-07-2007, 10:59 AM
Bahner.........:D

TCN
02-07-2007, 11:04 AM
Bahner.........:D
We had one of those. I still miss that boat.

beaverretriever
02-07-2007, 12:11 PM
No. I don't even think Martin is building right now. To my knowledge he is very busy laying up and spraying for Lightning.

dumbandyoung
02-07-2007, 12:14 PM
I didnt see Lightning. I thought they were supposed to reveal their new deck at the show?
Also didnt see Howard.

Member: 7673
02-07-2007, 12:24 PM
3 Fountains downstairs in the corner. Good looking boats, friendly staff.
Nice Cigarrette, Spectres & Nordics 43 cat and 46V was impressive and different. My 00.2cents

Havasu_Dreamin
02-07-2007, 01:41 PM
IAlso didnt see Howard.
Upstairs, same location they have had for years.....

Quality Time
02-07-2007, 01:55 PM
I only saw a 35 and a 38 Fountain? The other boat was a 28 Skater!

ChumpChange
02-07-2007, 01:57 PM
I only saw a 35 and a 38 Fountain? The other boat was a 28 Skater!
The american flag fountain was their 29. It was between the other two.

Trailer Park Casanova
02-07-2007, 02:11 PM
Is Commander off the radar screen? Missing two boat shows.
What's become of them?
What killed them off?
Seem'd like a popular boat for quite some time.
Always one in the group.

ChumpChange
02-07-2007, 02:15 PM
Is Commander off the radar screen?
What killed them off?
The ***boat forums!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

KineticoH20
02-07-2007, 02:17 PM
Out of business!

John.
02-07-2007, 02:26 PM
Is Commander off the radar screen? Missing two boat shows.
What's become of them?
What killed them off?
Seem'd like a popular boat for quite some time.
Always one in the group.
I talk to the owner occasionally on myspace. They are still around, just chose to not be at the boat show. They are offering like a $1000 referral to anyone who directs people their way (and a purchase is made).

hoolign
02-07-2007, 02:28 PM
I don't recall seeing Commander this year and of course we all know Trident was not there as well. Who else was missing that is usually there?
Who took Commander's spot upstairs?
Lund??
:D

dumbandyoung
02-07-2007, 02:39 PM
Out of business!
Really? That Fast? ..damn!

ChumpChange
02-07-2007, 02:50 PM
Out of business!
Nah! They're still around, just don't have the money for the show. They still have boats sitting at their place off the 91 at least.

shippingguy
02-07-2007, 02:59 PM
Nah! They're still around, just don't have the money for the show. They still have boats sitting at their place off the 91 at least.
I think he was talking about Orion! I do not know if they are out of business, but I know that Lightnings 27 Cat and 25 deckboat that were supposed to be at the show are the Orion molds and Martin is laying them up. So I hear.

mbrown2
02-07-2007, 03:04 PM
I think both Commander and Carerra have realized that they sell just as many boats through advertising as they do with advertising + boat show investment. Someone said on here or that I was talking to that to be at the boat show it would take selling X amount (5 to 15 boats) of boats sold to call the show a success. For a well established builder maybe they still sell their yearly forecast without boatshow presence.
Now for an up and comer like Trident I think they need to invest and be at the show. It seems like another year missed to convey the Trident's value to its intended audience. It is also another year for their competition to close the gap on the new items that Trident brought to market first.
Eventually I would think the absence at the show and the emergence of other builders at the show in the same market segment (Ultra, Dominator, Dana, ect) would hurt Commander and Carerra sales but maybe not.

socalmofo
02-07-2007, 03:24 PM
Out of business!
Since When? Is he just working for Lightning now?

Quality Time
02-07-2007, 03:24 PM
The american flag fountain was their 29. It was between the other two.
Now that you mention it, I did see that one as well, getting old sux!

KineticoH20
02-07-2007, 03:44 PM
Since When? Is he just working for Lightning now?
From what i hear yes, just gel coating. Maybe he should have stayed at Ultra?

KineticoH20
02-07-2007, 03:46 PM
I think both Commander and Carerra have realized that they sell just as many boats through advertising as they do with advertising + boat show investment. Someone said on here or that I was talking to that to be at the boat show it would take selling X amount (5 to 15 boats) of boats sold to call the show a success. For a well established builder maybe they still sell their yearly forecast without boatshow presence.
Now for an up and comer like Trident I think they need to invest and be at the show. It seems like another year missed to convey the Trident's value to its intended audience. It is also another year for their competition to close the gap on the new items that Trident brought to market first.
Eventually I would think the absence at the show and the emergence of other builders at the show in the same market segment (Ultra, Dominator, Dana, ect) would hurt Commander and Carerra sales but maybe not.
I would agree with all that;)

EmpirE231
02-07-2007, 03:52 PM
DANG... anyone have a true inside scoop on orion? I really liked that 25' canopy cat!

ChumpChange
02-07-2007, 03:53 PM
DANG... anyone have a true inside scoop on orion? I really liked that 25' canopy cat!
Well maybe if you had bought one, they'd still be in business. :D

Goodtime$
02-07-2007, 03:58 PM
yah,
Martin is spraying for Lightning now in their Riverside Glass Shop. You can reach him there. If you want a 27 Orion or the new 25 Orion Deck, they are now Lightnings and can be ordered for those guys up in San Fernando Valley.
As for the 25 Canopy Cat, Martin will still lay one up as an Orion and have it built for you. If you have any questions, pm me and i will send you more details. We will only build a small amount of these 25s this year.
Thanks

Bense468
02-07-2007, 04:36 PM
Anyone see that 26 flat deck cat downstairs on the back row? Never had heard of the mfg. I don't remember the name but do remember the guy saying they were from alabama.

Singleton
02-07-2007, 05:12 PM
Anyone see that 26 flat deck cat downstairs on the back row? Never had heard of the mfg. I don't remember the name but do remember the guy saying they were from alabama.
Can't remember what month but I think PowerBoat mag had a write up on that boat (thinking Nov or Dec).

dicudmore
02-07-2007, 09:58 PM
From what i hear yes, just gel coating. Maybe he should have stayed at Ultra?
I would bet Martin is doing just fine...spraying and laying up boats for Lightning etc. Arguably the best gel-coat guy in the business, and no doubt in select company...The "Orion" boat was always kind of a side project, and still available...

dicudmore
02-07-2007, 10:01 PM
RPM...Revolution Performance Marine...I believe Doug Wright designed the boat. Write up was very favorable on it. That boat at the show was the first one built, looked good for being the first. Its for sale on OSO for 95K

KineticoH20
02-07-2007, 10:07 PM
I would bet Martin is doing just fine...spraying and laying up boats for Lightning etc. Arguably the best gel-coat guy in the business, and no doubt in select company...The "Orion" boat was always kind of a side project, and still available...
Yes, must be in the genes, because the whole family are gifted boat builders.

dicudmore
02-07-2007, 10:08 PM
Yes, must be in the genes, because the whole family are gifted boat builders.
Joel, and I can't remember the rest but very true :cool:

beaverretriever
02-07-2007, 10:32 PM
I guess everyone missed my post #13 when I said what was up with Martin and Orion...LOL..
Martin sprayed my boat, and I think it looks super sick. :)

C-2
02-07-2007, 10:34 PM
Caliber One WAS THERE....but I really didn't expect it. Had to do a double take.

dicudmore
02-07-2007, 10:38 PM
I guess everyone missed my post #13 when I said what was up with Martin and Orion...LOL..
Martin sprayed my boat, and I think it looks super sick. :)
saw it, just clarifying :D
yes, your boat does look sick :D

beaverretriever
02-07-2007, 10:57 PM
saw it, just clarifying :D
yes, your boat does look sick :D
Thanks...

Brewzed
02-08-2007, 09:41 AM
If Hawaiian has money for the show every year, every builder should be able to make the show. Did any of you guys check out their boats?
I stop by every year just to see how jimmie rigged they are.

MC ORION
02-08-2007, 09:54 AM
Hi guys,
I am still in bussiness!!!
I decided not to go to the show this year, because the thruth is I would rather use the money building a boat for a customer. My company is still in business we are just trying to reorganize ourselfs to work out some of the problems we had in the production aspect of our boats. I have decided to actually go back into the spraying booth and oversee all the aspect of the boat building myself.
Since I will be doing that for my boats why not make money building the boats for Lightning as well.
My company is up and running in Riverside
2750 Mulberry St Riverside Ca 92501
Lightning is buying hulls from me to sell them as Orion by lightning creating some revenue for us as well. I figure Ultra and other companies did it before, why not us if it will bring money in.
We are trying to get ourselves healthy (money) again to provide a better product for our customer with out all the head aches from last year.
And about the coment about not leaving Ultra, It was just time to leave. Ultra was a great stepping stone to get my company started. I will always be greatfull to Jhon and Leah for the opportunity to show my work. They certainly got what they paid for when I spray for them, and now my gelcoater Jaime can continue to do great work for them using the system I tought him. I am really proud of the work he is doing.
Any ways, thank you for at least noticing that we are not at the show.
Just remember, we are still in bussiness.
Last year we did OK with sales and we did not advertise that much. This year I am looking forward to the same and hopefully a little more sales. Thank you again and I'll see you guys at next years LA show with our new models 29' canopy, new 25' cat and deck boat. These models will be at the show next year.
Martin Casillas
Orion Custom Boats

beaverretriever
02-08-2007, 10:00 AM
Martin,
I think you sprayed my boat. My wife and I love it. Keep up the good work.
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/7771/cimg1579640x480zo8.jpg

KineticoH20
02-08-2007, 11:07 AM
Caliber One WAS THERE....but I really didn't expect it. Had to do a double take.
Yep , and the booth was like a ghost-town:sleeping:

Jesster
02-08-2007, 11:18 AM
Raylar wans't there. Yesterday anyway.

work2play
02-08-2007, 09:49 PM
I don't remember seeing e-ticket at the show.

Baja Big Dog
02-08-2007, 10:25 PM
The ***boat forums!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:
GOOD!!!!

KingTUT
02-11-2007, 03:51 PM
Raylar was at show. Heard rumours that he pulled out, because to many people giving him hell on product failures. Wish he was there,so i could to !

Kilrtoy
02-11-2007, 04:00 PM
I passed right by Raylar just like I did the year before:D

jbtrailerjim
02-11-2007, 04:03 PM
I was kind of surprised to not see E-Ticket there.

King on the River
02-11-2007, 04:09 PM
would of liked to see Cheetah.

hotlavey
02-11-2007, 04:44 PM
would of liked to see Cheetah.
And Kachina?

Smokin Joe
02-11-2007, 04:47 PM
This is one sign of the current economy the list of no shows holding on to there money for a tight year ahead. I would suspect that boat sales at the show were very soft as I did not see many closer's grinding to make sales they were just standing around.
Did not see the lifeline vests trailer ...
joe

Riverkid
02-11-2007, 05:11 PM
Raylar wans't there. Yesterday anyway.
Should have called me... Carpool? :D

Jesster
02-11-2007, 08:26 PM
Hey Bob, I will remember that for next year. :D

Raylar
02-13-2007, 12:45 PM
Raylar was at our booth next to Dana on the first Friday thru Monday of the show. We had to pull out early because of a medical emergency in my family and Larry had to get back to get the motors and products shipped to Miami for the BIG SHOW there starting th 15th! We got to talk to a lot of interested parties, future customers and some existing customers. We even had some honest frank discussions with a few customers who had some problems with our equipment which has been taken care of. We don't hide from anyone, my phone is always on. We premeired our new LSM550 all aluminum small block motor in the booth and I am sure it will generate more excitement as time goes on. We are way ahead of the curve here with this new motor! We thought the show was quite a bit slower than last year, but there were still some really great boats and products on display and I hope all the exibitors had some degree of success, because its really expensive to set up for a show and God knows the LA Boat Show is to long at 10 days plus setup for most exibitors. If the worlds biggest boat show can come off beautifully in Miami in 4 days, why does it take 10 days in LA to do 1/4 of a show? Still has me wondering? I think more west coast boaters are going to have to realize that any boat show deal can be made at any builders place if you're really a serious buyer. Its also great to have lots of different builders products on display at one place so comparisons can be made, but 10 day! come on.
We expect a big increase in sales this year mostly because new boat buyers in this (realestate) shrunk'in economy lots of owners will be upgrading versus buying new. The attendance and new boat sales at this years LA Show is a great indicator of that fact!
We will also be annoucing soon some upgrade kits for HP525's and 600SCI's that will include our own custom PCM 555 ECM re-programming.
Raylar thanks its customers and fellow Hot Boaters and can assure everyone in the industy "You ain't seen nothin yet!"
Regards,
Ray @ Raylar