PDA

View Full Version : wireless cards

Redneck
02-07-2007, 03:52 PM
I just bought a wireless card from cingular and did not like it. It was so slow on the internet. Anyone have one from another provider they like? Need to make sure it works in Glamis too. Any ideas????

riverbound
02-07-2007, 03:55 PM
I have the one from verizon, it is slower than my normal internet but not bad. I also use it in Glamis occasionaly.

Garrddogg
02-07-2007, 03:56 PM
Verizon.
it worked the one time ive been to glamis too!

nextel4u
02-07-2007, 04:31 PM
I don't think Sprint has a tower at Glamis yet, Verizon works out there pretty well.
We have Verizon beat as far as speed goes in almost every major market.

Bense468
02-07-2007, 04:41 PM
I've been using Cingular air cards for about 3 years. They are slower, but they get the job done. I use them in glamis. Edge technology will soon hit LA and that is high speed. I used edge card in San Diego this past summer.

dmontzsta
02-07-2007, 04:44 PM
I opted to go without the wireless card. I just bought a new macbook and decided to sign a new contract with Sprint, to get a new phone. I signed up and got the razor with blue tooth broadband, it is pretty sweet and no stupid card to carry. :) The internet seems sufficient enough, not like my T1 or DSL, but enough to get the job done. :)

pixilatedpussy
02-07-2007, 05:07 PM
Ours is a cingular card. Works slow...but what did I expect...it's a WIRELESS card,:D The only problem I have is I cant get a strong signal at the river house! AGHHHHHH!:mad:

Mandelon
02-07-2007, 05:26 PM
I use T mobile and usually get a connection. Often I can hook up to some unprotected systems and its faster that way. Its slow with pictures, but I am satisfied with email transmissions which is mostly what I do with it.

Riverkid
02-07-2007, 05:31 PM
We have Verizon Aircards in all our guy's laptops. They work well. Given we install their EVDO equipment, all the better...:D

Jyruiz
02-07-2007, 07:39 PM
We deploy the Sprint S720 at work, works real well and fast, but I don't think they are setup for highspeed in Havi yet and I know it does not work in Glamis. I use mine in Havi and it is like using dial up, I have heard sprint will be going high speed in Havi later this year though. Even if they don't, I can't complain because it is free.

EAZYKILLER2006
02-07-2007, 07:50 PM
I just bought a wireless card from cingular and did not like it. It was so slow on the internet. Anyone have one from another provider they like? Need to make sure it works in Glamis too. Any ideas????
dude, i went thru the same thing...cingular really sucks... and just so happens... we were at rons shop (rons billets) he said "for havi" its sprint...thats what i am getting, this next week ...;)

GOTTBoat
02-07-2007, 09:56 PM
Cingular/AT&T has been EDGE in SoCal for a couple of years now. Is your air card UMTS (3G) compatible? it will say it on the top, on the back it will have HSDPA (high speed downlink packet access) on it. That is what they are rolling out now starting in high density areas first. Out in Havasu they (Cing.) don't have a network (cell sites) except above the dam and on the road into Havasu Landing. You are most likely roaming on someone elses GSM network when in town unless things have changed in the last year, dont know if they are rolling out 3G out there yet..

nextel4u
02-08-2007, 06:45 AM
We will have the EVDO Coverage (high speed) hopefully by the end of 2007.
It has been planned for quite some time now. The cards work fine out there, just not super fast.
I have a website setup that beats almost every other price on the web for our air cards. www.laptopdsl.com
Or you can call me directly at 702-303-4491
You can talk to Christa too if you like, She is the one in our banner ad on the homepage.
We will give you a great deal on a Sprint Wireless Card.
Thanks
John

Scarab Jet
02-08-2007, 07:44 AM
We will have the EVDO Coverage (high speed) hopefully by the end of 2007.
It has been planned for quite some time now. The cards work fine out there, just not super fast.
I have a website setup that beats almost every other price on the web for our air cards. www.laptopdsl.com
Or you can call me directly at 702-303-4491
You can talk to Christa too if you like, She is the one in our banner ad on the homepage.
We will give you a great deal on a Sprint Wireless Card.
Thanks
John
Do you know if I can get EVDO coverage in Needles area?

Redneck
02-08-2007, 08:08 AM
thanks guys I am probably going to go with T mobile it seems to work the best in glamis. That is the main place I need it.

nextel4u
02-14-2007, 10:47 AM
Do you know if I can get EVDO coverage in Needles area?
Yes we now have EVDO and Rev A which is our fastest connection speed in Needles. you can look at the coverage below, the area in Orange has EVDO.
Go to www.laptopdsl.com and you can check coverage for different areas.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/medium/evdo_coverage.gif

nextel4u
02-14-2007, 10:50 AM
trying to get a bigger picture up
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/evdo_coverage.gif

BoneDaddy
02-14-2007, 10:56 AM
I use Sprint with a Sierra Wireless 580 card and it works great! I used it in Havasu last season with absolutely no problems with speed.:D

dumbandyoung
02-14-2007, 12:49 PM
Verizon