PDA

View Full Version : Desert Bar -- Sunday Feb 18th

TheCarDudes
02-07-2007, 08:40 PM
Hit this place for the first time over New Years. The destination was a nice hang out. Cool place to kick back and hav-a-few.
The ride in was great. Some good wheelin, rock gardens and hill climbs. Our group was mixed up with a Rhino, a Jeep, a buggy and a Samurai.
Anyone else in for Sunday, Feb 18th? Thinking about meeting at the the gas station where the start point for off roading begins. It is just couple miles from the damn and it is about 30 to 60 mins of off roading to the bar. Lots of other trails for detours and more fun too.

EAZYKILLER2006
02-07-2007, 08:58 PM
Hit this place for the first time over New Years. The destination was a nice hang out. Cool place to kick back and hav-a-few.
The ride in was great. Some good wheelin, rock gardens and hill climbs. Our group was mixed up with a Rhino, a Jeep, a buggy and a Samurai.
Anyone else in for Sunday, Feb 18th? Thinking about meeting at the the gas station where the start point for off roading begins. It is just couple miles from the damn and it is about 30 to 60 mins of off roading to the bar. Lots of other trails for detours and more fun too.
koolieo...sounds fun! we have never been to the desert bar ...we will be out in havi, with frank and michelle that weekend, they have a ranger...maybe if we dont get to f up from the sat rhino run... we can make it to the sunday run...unless they want to do the boat thing:) ...we will see...

TheCarDudes
02-07-2007, 09:06 PM
We will be there the whole weekend too. We are doing the Rhino run on Saturday also. Thinking about doing a boat dealio on Friday. Maybe a run to Havasu springs or Topock for lunch. Could be a group deal too.

EAZYKILLER2006
02-07-2007, 09:16 PM
We will be there the whole weekend too. We are doing the Rhino run on Saturday also. Thinking about doing a boat dealio on Friday. Maybe a run to Havasu springs or Topock for lunch. Could be a group deal too.
kewl ;) we will throw the boat in the water friday!!! yippie! i love going to topock ...we havent tried to go by boat, to topock this year ...yet...the water looks low...was wondering if anyone has tried to go out that way, by boat yet? we have been docking out at the marina, even tho we have the winsor pass...where are you guys docking out?

TheCarDudes
02-07-2007, 09:56 PM
We have been dropping in at Windsor. Prob gonna buy the pass this time. Seems worth it. Should be a fun Friday.
I don't know about the water level. I'd be totally fine with going to the springs instead of Topock but we can decide that day. Better safe than sorry.

Todd969
02-07-2007, 10:01 PM
We have been dropping in at Windsor. Prob gonna buy the pass this time. Seems worth it. Should be a fun Friday.
I don't know about the water level. I'd be totally fine with going to the springs instead of Topock but we can decide that day. Better safe than sorry.
Last week the level at Topock was LOW. Be very careful.

dicudmore
02-07-2007, 10:07 PM
river level looked OK driving over the bridge--I have personally hit bottom idling into that marina in the past though...its shallow on a good day :wink:
last time up there I had to have one of my passengers climb up on the bow to get un-stuck...that said, I'm game whenever anyone else is :D

EAZYKILLER2006
02-07-2007, 10:09 PM
thanks todd ;) ;) yea we were out there superbowl sunday ...it looked low

EAZYKILLER2006
02-07-2007, 10:14 PM
river level looked OK driving over the bridge--I have personally hit bottom idling into that marina in the past though...its shallow on a good day :wink:
last time up there I had to have one of my passengers climb up on the bow to get un-stuck...that said, I'm game whenever anyone else is :D
wow and i reeeeaaaallllly hate cold water...i swear i will cry for an hour if i get wet :( :( :( right now..... the water is sooo cold...i cant touch the water till july...if we get stuck, i will be sleeping in the boat till help comes...:cry:

dicudmore
02-07-2007, 10:22 PM
wow and i reeeeaaaallllly hate cold water...i swear i will cry for an hour if i get wet :( :( :( right now..... the water is sooo cold...i cant touch the water till july...if we get stuck, i will be sleeping in the boat till help comes...:cry:
just move some weight to the front of the boat--your skinny azz might not work :wink: the day we got stuck vmjtc3 was on board and whatever he weighs, standing on the front of the sponsons was enough to get us free :D
trust me, I'm not about getting in the water this time of year either

EAZYKILLER2006
02-07-2007, 10:27 PM
just move some weight to the front of the boat--your skinny azz might not work :wink: the day we got stuck vmjtc3 was on board and whatever he weighs, standing on the front of the sponsons was enough to get us free :D
trust me, I'm not about getting in the water this time of year either
so your saying we need to bring "big Al again"...lol shhhh :devil: J/K AL, you know your my number one:D ...now looky what ya went and made me say...:devil:

HavasuSelect
02-08-2007, 06:42 AM
I think we might be seeing you on Sat and Sun, We're doing the Topock run and I've been wanting to get back to the Desert Bar.

2Driver
02-08-2007, 08:19 AM
What is the 4x4 way like?
I am equipped for the trail however, our friends have a stock FJ cruiser with rear locker. I doubt they want body damage.

INSman
02-08-2007, 08:24 AM
PAGING Cole Trickle, please pick up the white courtesy phone !! :D

mbrown2
02-08-2007, 08:50 AM
What is the 4x4 way like?
I am equipped for the trail however, our friends have a stock FJ cruiser with rear locker. I doubt they want body damage.
Its not bad and you don't have to worry about body damage....maybe arizona pin striping from overgrowth......a stock FJ should be fine....there is only about 1 spot where I actually have to engage 4 wheel drive....its just rock bed's, very little off camber stuff, 1 climb with rock beds.....just don't really want something that is big without ground clearance back there...

mbrown2
02-08-2007, 08:52 AM
On the 17th is the annual Desert Bar for Charity so the road is shut down between approximately 9 - 11:30....it is always a good time...we will be there walking the 5K to the desert bar...:)

2Driver
02-08-2007, 10:24 AM
Its not bad and you don't have to worry about body damage....maybe arizona pin striping from overgrowth......a stock FJ should be fine....there is only about 1 spot where I actually have to engage 4 wheel drive....its just rock bed's, very little off camber stuff, 1 climb with rock beds.....just don't really want something that is big without ground clearance back there...
Thanks, So where do you pick up the trail and how do you find your way to the bar?
Anyone have GPS coords?

djunkie
02-08-2007, 10:33 AM
:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Cole Trickle
02-08-2007, 10:51 AM
Pretty sure we have 3-4 SXS's that would be intrested in some AZ side of the river riding. I don't think I want to sit around all day but if you want to meet up and do some exploring and then hit the Desert bar for lunch and cocktails I am more than game:D:devil:
We need to find a place to unload that is safe to leave the trucks.:idea:

djunkie
02-08-2007, 10:53 AM
Pretty sure we have 3-4 SXS's that would be intrested in some AZ side of the river riding. I don't think I want to sit around all day but if you want to meet up and do some exploring and then hit the Desert bar for lunch and cocktails I am more than game:D:devil:
So is Alan going or not? Tell him to sack up and lets go!!! :D :D

Cole Trickle
02-08-2007, 10:56 AM
So is Alan going or not? Tell him to sack up and lets go!!! :D :D
I don't think so:( :jawdrop:
What time are you gonna be on the road that friday?

djunkie
02-08-2007, 10:56 AM
I don't think so:( :jawdrop:
What time are you gonna be on the road that friday?
You tell me. I can't leave until you do. The g/f is gonna try to get off at noon.

Cole Trickle
02-08-2007, 11:03 AM
You tell me. I can't leave until you do. The g/f is gonna try to get off at noon.
Probably try and leave around 4:30pm maybe earlier if they let jen off before that.....I will be waiting on her;)

djunkie
02-08-2007, 11:07 AM
Probably try and leave around 4:30pm maybe earlier if they let jen off before that.....I will be waiting on her;)
Well if Christina gets off early maybe we'll just meet you at your house and follow you out.

Cole Trickle
02-08-2007, 11:10 AM
Well if Christina gets off early maybe we'll just meet you at your house and follow you out.
Cool...Dan lives across the street so we can all load up and bomb out. sometimes Jens work lets them off early for holidays so she would be getting off at 1:30..home by 2:15 and on the road by 2:45:D
I will leave a little before her so I can load the Rhino and pack the truck.

djunkie
02-08-2007, 11:11 AM
Cool...Dan lives across the street so we can all load up and bomb out. sometimes Jens work lets them off early for holidays so she would be getting off at 1:30..home by 2:15 and on the road by 2:45:D
I will leave a little before her so I can load the Rhino and pack the truck.
Well I'll tell the g/f to put in for half day then. She'll be home before 1 and we can be out there around 2 probably.

Cole Trickle
02-08-2007, 11:27 AM
Well I'll tell the g/f to put in for half day then. She'll be home before 1 and we can be out there around 2 probably.
I wish...Thats why we took Tuesday off because 2 people in her unit already have friday off so she was denied.
I would guess that she is home at 4:15 unless something magical happens.Cruise on over early and we can drink some road sodas before we make the woman drive;):D :devil:

djunkie
02-08-2007, 11:29 AM
I wish...Thats why we took Tuesday off because 2 people in her unit already have friday off so she was denied.
I would guess that she is home at 4:15 unless something magical happens.Cruise on over early and we can drink some road sodas before we make the woman drive;):D :devil:
:idea: :idea: :D

INSman
02-08-2007, 01:38 PM
Cool, you have all my numbers.. Just call on Friday sometime or early Saturday to discuss. ;)

mbrown2
02-08-2007, 01:56 PM
Thanks, So where do you pick up the trail and how do you find your way to the bar?
Anyone have GPS coords?
You can pick it up right behind River Island Market....pretty easy to find the Desert Bar...after climbing the big hill and on your way down a couple miles in to the trail you come to trail map station...go to your left and it will take you on your way to the desert bar...if you go right it will take you back the desert bar front road..

Psycho Squid
02-08-2007, 02:58 PM
Never been to the desert bar but I have been told there is only one way in and out. Rumor has it that the L/E stakes it out for DUI offenders. If it's true be careful.....:idea:

Cole Trickle
02-08-2007, 03:25 PM
Never been to the desert bar but I have been told there is only one way in and out. Rumor has it that the L/E stakes it out for DUI offenders. If it's true be careful.....:idea:
Just tell them you know River Dave;):D:devil:

djunkie
02-08-2007, 03:35 PM
:idea: :idea: :idea:

djunkie
02-08-2007, 03:35 PM
Just tell them you know River Dave;):D:devil:
That may get you an extended vacation. :D

Cole Trickle
02-08-2007, 04:01 PM
That may get you an extended vacation. :D
Don't forget the pepper spray and the white on white crime with the night sticks!!!
Jens getting off at 1:30 so we leave at 3:00:D:eek:

mbrown2
02-08-2007, 04:06 PM
Rangers do sit on the bluffs watching for idiots...From my experience they are not staking DUI'rs....I mean if you blasting down the dirt road in and out of traffic when there are tons of riding space off the road, you will probably get pulled over...I have seen some idiots on the main road become a threat to normal bar traffic.
Also there is another way in and out (backway they call it) and you do not see any rangers as the traffic is very light on this trail....mainly motorcycles, quads, jeeps and now Rhinos...

djunkie
02-08-2007, 04:07 PM
Also there is another way in and out (backway they call it) and you do not see any rangers as the traffic is very light on this trail....mainly motorcycles, quads, jeeps and now Rhinos...
That'll have to be the way we take. :D

djunkie
02-08-2007, 04:08 PM
Don't forget the pepper spray and the white on white crime with the night sticks!!!
Jens getting off at 1:30 so we leave at 3:00:D:eek:
Sweet!!!! :D