PDA

View Full Version : short term disability insurance

jackpunx
02-07-2007, 09:14 PM
does anyone here deal with that or know anything about it?
I work in the motion picture industry and have great insurance now.. I just want to pay a little extra incase I get hurt on or off the job to have some income until I get off disability.
I have a buddy in the business that got this... he got hurt and recieved about 7k a month.. I think he paid 30.00 a month
thanks in advance
Mark

Racer277
02-07-2007, 09:17 PM
I work in the motion picture industry and have great insurance now.. I just want to pay a little extra incase I get hurt on or off the job to have some income until I get off disability.
I have a buddy in the business that got this... he got hurt and recieved about 7k a month.. I think he paid 30.00 a month
thanks in advance
Mark
Check into Aflac...They have sickness, short and long term disability policies.
Some employers also offer disability policies
Mrs.Racer277

Mrs. Bordsmnj
02-08-2007, 07:27 AM
We offer Short Term and Long Term Disability plans with Mutual of Omaha at my work. The plan we have pays 60% of your wages but SDI pays a little more than 50%. With the few employees that have had to file claims, we are learning its not a whole lot, in one guys case, he is only getting and additional $25/week. :rolleyes: ITs better than nothing but its hardly worth the paperwork.
Blah blah blah, I am currently looking to upgrade the plan or get a different plan. I will let you know if I find out anything worthwhile.
:)

Mattman
02-08-2007, 07:39 AM
Aflac is awesome and Blue Shield has a package that has worked for me as well. Try mylifepath.org.

Windy
02-08-2007, 07:40 AM
Its definitely something to think about. While my brother was fighting cancer, he had disability insurance through his company. They paid him 80% of his wages the last year he worked including overtime, for as long as he needed it.

BarryMac
02-08-2007, 07:48 AM
Jackpunx, get hold of Lightning (Ari Crandall), his firm GD Financial is doing Aflac policies (858) 668-0776, I know that he can help you with a policy.
We met you last year in Parker, we were staying next to RD, we fed you some KFC... :D :D It was great meeting you btw...

Jordy
02-08-2007, 07:51 AM
We met you last year in Parker, we were staying next to RD, we fed you some KFC... :D :D It was great meeting you btw...
Wow, ass kissing name dropper!!! :D :D :D

BarryMac
02-08-2007, 07:54 AM
Wow, ass kissing name dropper!!! :D :D :D
Is it the RD or the KFC??? :D :D :D

jackpunx
02-08-2007, 08:00 AM
Thanks to all who replied .. PS thanks for the KFC.. I was starven..LOL
I called Aflac and they said they didnt have the policy I was looking for.. unless I did with 5 or more people.
Im so confused with all this stuff..
I know I have this insurance with my benie's.. but I want some more.. as I just got a new job in addition to the one I have now..
and its pretty risky..
I need to be covered
thanks

Mrs.Racer277
02-08-2007, 08:05 AM
I called Aflac and they said they didnt have the policy I was looking for.. unless I did with 5 or more people.
I know I have this insurance with my benie's.. but I want some more.. as I just got a new job in addition to the one I have now..
and its pretty risky..
I need to be covered
thanks
Mark--They have personal policies------I am not sure what you are looking for though.....Also Metlife, Hartford and Standford have short and long term disability plans.
Let me see if I can find my reps #.
Dia

Jordy
02-08-2007, 08:14 AM
as I just got a new job in addition to the one I have now..
and its pretty risky..
I need to be covered
thanks
You in the parachute testing business full time now? :jawdrop: :idea: :D

jbtrailerjim
02-08-2007, 08:33 AM
thanks in advance
Mark
If you don't mind me asking , what do you do in the motion picture industry?
I just recently got into building studio trailers for the motion picture industry.

riverbound
02-08-2007, 08:36 AM
and its pretty risky..
I need to be covered
thanks
This coming from a guy who jumps out of airplanes ;)
I will look and see what I have. I opted for the injured off the job coverage, because I dont think getting papercuts will prevent me from working. but all the things I do outside of work are not the safest. I know ht eplan I have pays based on the injury, its very similar to Aflac but pays out more.

Baja Big Dog
02-08-2007, 08:37 AM
Check into Aflac...They have sickness, short and long term disability policies.
Some employers also offer disability policies
Mrs.Racer277
Ive heard the commericals are better than the coverage!

Mrs.Racer277
02-08-2007, 09:05 AM
Ive heard the commericals are better than the coverage!
I have had no problems with my coverage.

BADBLOWN572
02-08-2007, 10:00 AM
Parachute testing is safe in comparison. ;) J/K. Would much rather be over insured than under covered!!! That little peace of mind means a lot to me. :)

centerhill condor
02-08-2007, 10:39 AM
it sure comes in handy. One of my clients shattered his lower leg and can't work...our policy covers 80% of his "regular" income. He's been out for 4 months and is just about ready to come back. 80% isn't overtime but it keeps him, the wife and 3 month old daughter in heat, roof, etc.
Everybody should consider long term care insurance. You're out there and if you become totally disabled where are you gonna get the $4k+ for the asisted living?
buy it now while you're young and don't need it!

shockwaveharry
02-08-2007, 10:48 AM
I'm a big beliver in secondary disability insurance. Between state dis. and ING, I was in good shape financially for a full year.
Too bad I didn't have an umbrella policy on the house back then... I do now!

jackpunx
02-08-2007, 12:56 PM
If you don't mind me asking , what do you do in the motion picture industry?
I just recently got into building studio trailers for the motion picture industry.
Im a teamster
this is what I drive.
You should PM me so we can talk ... Who do you work for ?
http://buboosky.com/

jackpunx
02-08-2007, 01:01 PM
LOL.. well.. not testing.. Mine better work..LOL
I guess everytime we jump its a test:eek:
I started a part time job at California super bike school as a coach.. Pretty cool gig.. I get paid to ride someone elses bike on all the major tracks around the world
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6ce09b3127cce8e75e398a85b00000016108BZt3DRq2aI

Racer277
02-08-2007, 01:43 PM
Nice Job!
That is a very cool side job.