... read about it
http://firesociety.com/article/10263/
http://www.grassfire.org/142/petition.asp

RUCAV
02-09-2007, 09:11 AM
Thats Horse$&^%! Sign the petition.

dirty old man
02-09-2007, 09:13 AM
Are you saying that one of our governmental agencies LIED to us?

dirty old man
02-09-2007, 09:14 AM
Are you saying that one of our governmental agencies LIED to us? I'm shocked

Boozer
02-09-2007, 09:15 AM
I have been following this very closely for a couple of months now. Horse Shit is an understatement to say the least. This thing goes a lot deeper then what the media has let out.

Moneypitt
02-09-2007, 09:19 AM
Even if the President says he will pardon these agents, which he probaby will, the process takes time. It was mentioned on Fox yesteday that the agents have to go through the appealant process prior to any pardon action being taken. The appeals will likely take 1 to 1 1/2 years!!!!!! All the petitions in the world won't change the chain that must be followed through the court system. The pardon won't happen out of the blue, the president doesn't have the power to intervene until the courts deny the appeals........Sad but this info came from the retired federal judge that is the analist for Fox news....MP

RitcheyRch
02-09-2007, 09:24 AM
Absolute crap. I signed the petition.

LakeTrash
02-09-2007, 09:29 AM
The rage I feel over this is over the top.
Why would anybody worth a D--- take these jobs knowing the suites in the big offices will throw you to the wolfs without even a second thought.
Sorry state of affairs for the USA.
LT

Moneypitt
02-09-2007, 09:47 AM
The rage I feel over this is over the top.
Why would anybody worth a D--- take these jobs knowing the suites in the big offices will throw you to the wolfs without even a second thought.
Sorry state of affairs for the USA.
LT
The whole border patrol idea is a farce anyway. Why put life and limb on the line there and then deny the enforcement by local police nationwide. Everytime a local jurisdiction comes up with a law with some teeth in it the feds say "you can't do that". Why does border patrol end at the border? I totally agree these guys were screwed by the very system they believed in, worked hard for, and fought a battle there with one hand tied behind their backs.......Anyone else see a simularity in camel land.........Iraq?...........MP

BeaverJ
02-09-2007, 02:28 PM
This is unreal,,,:mad:

SHOTKALLIN
02-09-2007, 02:31 PM
Even if the President says he will pardon these agents, which he probaby will, the process takes time. It was mentioned on Fox yesteday that the agents have to go through the appealant process prior to any pardon action being taken. The appeals will likely take 1 to 1 1/2 years!!!!!! All the petitions in the world won't change the chain that must be followed through the court system. The pardon won't happen out of the blue, the president doesn't have the power to intervene until the courts deny the appeals........Sad but this info came from the retired federal judge that is the analist for Fox news....MP
If it were a prioity Bush could pardon them with no red tape. The process is not law. Just a formality. He could make a phone call and have them released.

Moneypitt
02-09-2007, 03:24 PM
If it were a prioity Bush could pardon them with no red tape. The process is not law. Just a formality. He could make a phone call and have them released.
Even if they were allowed Appelant bond while waiting for the outcome of a filed appeal, they would be out. The ex fed judge was adamant about the part that says they have to wait through the process for the President to even become involved. I guess it depends on who you know and how much public opinion is on your side..........MP

HM
02-09-2007, 03:31 PM
Makes you wonder if the Mexican Mafia has its fingers in the cookie jar.