PDA

View Full Version : Press 1 for ENGLISH? WTF!!!

nodigg
02-09-2007, 09:18 AM
Called an American company in North Carolina, based in the U.S., run by americans, sitting in the U.S., (North Carolina) and the first thing on the recording was Press 1 for English? That just WAAAAYYY wrong.
:mad:

RitcheyRch
02-09-2007, 09:21 AM
I hate it as well.

Moneypitt
02-09-2007, 09:27 AM
Maybe we need to start paying bills to these companies in Pesos......When I finally get to speak to someone at these companies I always bitch about that recording..............Then again, I called a local retailer (Harbor Frieght) about replacement parts for a piece of their equipment. I was calling INDIA......I asked if the local warehouse had the parts so I could pick them up and was told NO. Guess what, the parts were shipped 4 miles from THAT local warehouse for $7.00 bucks!!!!! I could've driven there for a lot less than that and had the parts that same day....India, WTF...............MP

Tequila-John
02-09-2007, 09:35 AM
Crazy

SummerBreeze
02-09-2007, 09:38 AM
I was thinking the samething It should be push #1 for spanish

thumbs
02-09-2007, 09:40 AM
Are they nuts! That might help increase their business.

Mandelon
02-09-2007, 09:44 AM
Para espanol, oprima numero dos. :rolleyes:

nodigg
02-09-2007, 09:48 AM
It is kinda funny when a dude from North Carolina tires to use a spanish accent though. Pourfayvooor aprayma ael nooomayro doez.

Warlockjer
02-09-2007, 09:54 AM
the first thing on the recording was Press 1 for English? That just WAAAAYYY wrong.
:mad:[/QUOTE]
I totaly agree!!!

thumbs
02-09-2007, 09:57 AM
the first thing on the recording was Press 1 for English? That just WAAAAYYY wrong.
:mad:
Would you rather have English be number 5 on the list?

HocusPocus
02-09-2007, 10:02 AM
http://boortz.com/images/press_1_for_english.jpg
it should be english right off the bat... then if you want any other language you need to call another number.. i think thats being generous. :D

RiverToysJas
02-09-2007, 10:05 AM
So American companies can't do business outside the US? They can't offer customer service/support in languages from Countries they may also do business?
If they asked you to dail 2 or 3.....that'd be another story.
I'm all for "ALL AMERICAN", but that company might be doing a world wide business (bringing other countries money here! ;) ). At least they didn't move their call center to India!
RTJas :D

nodigg
02-09-2007, 10:06 AM
Would you rather have English be number 5 on the list?
At least were number one?:idea:

nodigg
02-09-2007, 10:07 AM
http://boortz.com/images/press_1_for_english.jpg
it should be english right off the bat... then if you want any other language you need to call another number.. i think thats being generous. :D
I'm all for that idea.

topless
02-09-2007, 10:08 AM
What's worse is when you call a local company and they say "No Habla English"

RiverToysJas
02-09-2007, 10:09 AM
What's worse is when you call a local company and they say "No Habla English"
Now that's just wrong! :mad:

nodigg
02-09-2007, 10:10 AM
So American companies can't do business outside the US? They can't offer customer service/support in languages from Countries they may also do business?
If they asked you to dail 2 or 3.....that'd be another story.
I'm all for "ALL AMERICAN", but that company might be doing a world wide business (bringing other countries money here! ;) ). At least they didn't move their call center to India!
RTJas :D
I'm all for world wide business Jason, but shouldn't americans expect english as a given? and all others to have to do the bob and weave instead?

DILLIGAF
02-09-2007, 11:00 AM
They can give out different numbers for different languages if they want so calling directly in they get the appropriate language with no choice. This however costs a little bit more money.
Yes, I hate having to make a choice for english myself. Being in the industry I always let them know about it.
We have set up auto attendants for multi-languages before and the customer makes the final decision how they want the choices. Regardless of what we have to say or not.
Whatever the majority language is for their clients should be the default language. Other than that a choice should be made.
That being said....it is a pet peeve :)

KineticoH20
02-09-2007, 11:06 AM
Press 1 for Spanish,2 for greek, 3 for latin, 4 for french, 5 for Chineese, 6 for Japaneese, 7 for Korean, 8 for Swaheli, 9 for German 10 for Arabic FOR ENGLISH PLEASE STAY ON THE LINE:eek:

Desert Rat
02-09-2007, 11:07 AM
Who can argue with the Duke!!!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1forenglish.jpg

LAND_LOVER69
02-09-2007, 12:21 PM
I called a customer's house one day and got his answering machine.
"Hi you've reached the Smith residence. For English please stay on the line and wait for the beep. For all other languages simply hang because I want nothing to do with ya." BEEP
All I could do was laugh. I had to call back to hear it again and leave my message for him.
:D :D :D

OCMerrill
02-09-2007, 12:22 PM
At least we english speaking americans are still choice "1".
Will this change in the future.:idea:
For english press "9"? That would suck.:D

RitcheyRch
02-09-2007, 02:58 PM
Good idea. Might have to do something similar for our house. :D
I called a customer's house one day and got his answering machine.
"Hi you've reached the Smith residence. For English please stay on the line and wait for the beep. For all other languages simply hang because I want nothing to do with ya." BEEP
All I could do was laugh. I had to call back to hear it again and leave my message for him.
:D :D :D