PDA

View Full Version : Direct T.V. has NO cutomer service

nodigg
02-09-2007, 09:45 AM
Pressed 1 for English and just got off the phone with direct T.V.. They screwed up my order so I wanted to have the parts shipped overnight so I could get back on track. Not only would they not do this, they would not let me pay to do it because the person who can track the order does not get to work until 3 p.m.
SURELY I say, someone else within your company knows how to punch up that information?
"No sir, no one else can do it." " She is not in this office, she is on the east coast"
What if that person dies I say, who does it then? Is the secret lost with her?
" She is the only one sir"
Okay, if you can find someone on duty who can cancel my order, please do so and have them call me back, I hope that person makes it to work sooner or later today.

squirt'nmyload
02-09-2007, 09:49 AM
that sucks....i've never had any problems with them, but i havn't had to call them for anything in a long time

Warlockjer
02-09-2007, 09:51 AM
I HATE having to press 1 for english!!!:mad: Dish is NO better than Direct. I have spoken to them 3 times and got 3 different responses from 3 different people. Customer service?????? Yea right:mad:

HocusPocus
02-09-2007, 09:52 AM
that does sound bad. i have been a dtv customer from the first week it came out and i have never had any problem with thier customer service. i called up last summer to see if i could find out when they do their "free preview weekends" and they gave me 3 months of movie channels for free.

mbrown2
02-09-2007, 09:54 AM
I just switched from Dish to Direct recently and a terrible experience but needed to get off Dish as they were just as bad...after the install....customer service has not been as bad.

blown65
02-09-2007, 10:01 AM
I hate DTV's customer service. Their menu system sucks, you usually get a dead end and get disconnected. On top of that, 90% of the time you get someone that barely speaks english. (unfortunately we have several of receivers with them and I'm stuck calling now and then. )
My parents and sister are not electronically when it comes to electronics, I'm stuck with the job. :)

Boozer
02-09-2007, 10:04 AM
Go buy the parts you need from Circuit City.
Pressed 1 for English and just got off the phone with direct T.V.. They screwed up my order so I wanted to have the parts shipped overnight so I could get back on track. Not only would they not do this, they would not let me pay to do it because the person who can track the order does not get to work until 3 p.m.
SURELY I say, someone else within your company knows how to punch up that information?
"No sir, no one else can do it." " She is not in this office, she is on the east coast"
Okay, if you can find someone on duty who can cancel my order, please do so and have them call me back, I hope that person makes it to work sooner or later today.

buzzaro
02-09-2007, 10:08 AM
I hate DTV's customer service. Their menu system sucks, you usually get a dead end and get disconnected. On top of that, 90% of the time you get someone that barely speaks english. (unfortunately we have several of receivers with them and I'm stuck calling now and then. )
My parents and sister are not electronically when it comes to electronics, I'm stuck with the job. :)
Press the option to ORDER rather than customer service, youll get a live person quicker. When they think they are getting money they are all over it, then have the live person help you or transfer you.

nodigg
02-09-2007, 10:13 AM
Press the option to ORDER rather than customer service, youll get a live person quicker. When they think they are getting money they are all over it, then have the live person help you or transfer you.
Not only do I agree with you, that's how I got on the line with them in the end.

blown65
02-09-2007, 10:13 AM
I just have bad luck with them I think. I usually go that route, but the prob is, when they transfer me I get disconnected and need to call back. :)
Only thing I hate worse is the stupid automated voice calls trying to sell you crap at work.

nodigg
02-09-2007, 10:26 AM
FOOT NOTE
The installer must be an independent, I called him and he fixed me up right away! Thanks Clay!

DILLIGAF
02-09-2007, 10:55 AM
wHY DO THINGS ALWAYS SEEM TO GO SIDEWAYS WITH YOU rICK....LOL
Sorry about the caps.
That sucks!

dumbandyoung
02-09-2007, 10:57 AM
Direct TV sucks....but they are alot better than Time Warner:D

wright27
02-09-2007, 11:27 AM
Direct TV sucks....but they are alot better than Time Warner:D
What is wrong with Time Warner? I have Direct and I am so sick of it I was thinking of switching. I reset the box 2-4 times a day, it is getting old. They are sending out a technician again.

RitcheyRch
02-09-2007, 11:38 AM
I've been with Direct TV for years and have never had any issues.

jbtrailerjim
02-09-2007, 11:43 AM
Don't even get me started on Direct TV. Good product but their customer service sucks!

Boatcop
02-09-2007, 11:43 AM
I had a problem getting my HD/DVR and new dish set up by Direct TV. Not from DTV, but from the contractor that was supposed to do the install. They were in the process of switching contractors, and the one they first called didn't show up when they were supposed to and lied about calling me.
The new contractor (based out of Lake Havasu City) was excellent. He called me when he thought he was going to be late, and gave me his personal number, in case I had any problems.
Direct TV gave me an automatic $50 dollar credit, and $20 off per month for 6 months for my trouble.
They also gave me a "preferred customer" phone number to get to a representative direct, rather than going through the que.

dumbandyoung
02-09-2007, 11:52 AM
Time warner changed the channels all the time. Screwed up my bill all the time. would take 30 minutes to get someone on the phone. Did a very sloppy install. Refused to pay for the 2 extra holes the guy put in my wall. They were really smallt so i just fixed them. To sum it up, I just didnt really care for them.
And for the record, never let any cable or satellite guys run your wires..do it yourself before they get there. So that way all they have to do is mount the dish and hook up the boxes. But when you do this..MAKE SURE YOU ARE HOME. because some assface from Dish Network, ripped down all my clean wiring and put up his sloppy job. I was soooo pist because I even left him a note that I did everything for him. Ive seen them do this to so many other people do it to. Fock the free crappy install. I am very particular about that kinda stuff. I love clean work. :mad:

UnionJack
02-09-2007, 12:41 PM
I agree, there crappy

Not So Fast
02-09-2007, 12:46 PM
Where was all this hate when I posted a switch over post on here about a month ago???????? So far so good and the picture compared to NPG Cable here in Havasu is "no contesto", hands down much better you "bunch of bastards" (my best George Costansa impression) NSF

a catered life
02-09-2007, 01:17 PM
I've been with Direct TV for years and have never had any issues.
we coming up on 5 years with direct tv and have nnever had one problem...the signal is great...i have never had to talk to them just pay my bill via the phone.....to bad you guys are having such a bad time:(

Riveratz
02-09-2007, 01:33 PM
Sounds like you were talking to a sales company that represents them selves as DirecTV. Most of the places you call you think are DirecTV but really are not. DirecTV themselves do not do many of there own sales only a small Percentage. What number did you call?

SHOTKALLIN
02-09-2007, 01:57 PM
ive been waiting on my free hd upgrade and free hd dvr since Xmas. They keep rescheduling.:mad:

buzzaro
02-09-2007, 01:59 PM
Not only do I agree with you, that's how I got on the line with them in the end.
The best part is, thats how I finally got a live person to CANCEL my subscription:D

Riverkid
02-09-2007, 03:21 PM
And just had the new Verizon FIOS system installed, internet and TV. It's VERY nice!

nodigg
02-09-2007, 09:45 PM
Sounds like you were talking to a sales company that represents them selves as DirecTV. Most of the places you call you think are DirecTV but really are not. DirecTV themselves do not do many of there own sales only a small Percentage. What number did you call?
DING DING DING DING! You guessed it. I found this out later. Thank gawd for a great helpful install independent. It warnt Driect t.v. after all sorta?

racecar.hotshoe
02-09-2007, 10:00 PM
What is wrong with Time Warner? I have Direct and I am so sick of it I was thinking of switching. I reset the box 2-4 times a day, it is getting old. They are sending out a technician again.
Tell them to sent you a new box or your leaving them I bet they will sent you one.

Baja Big Dog
02-09-2007, 11:43 PM
I had a problem getting my HD/DVR and new dish set up by Direct TV. Not from DTV, but from the contractor that was supposed to do the install. They were in the process of switching contractors, and the one they first called didn't show up when they were supposed to and lied about calling me.
The new contractor (based out of Lake Havasu City) was excellent. He called me when he thought he was going to be late, and gave me his personal number, in case I had any problems.
Direct TV gave me an automatic $50 dollar credit, and $20 off per month for 6 months for my trouble.
They also gave me a "preferred customer" phone number to get to a representative direct, rather than going through the que.
Badge flasher;)

sleekcrafter
02-10-2007, 02:58 AM
I just dumped Direct TV had them for 13 years, just signed on with Dish network, better package same moneys. Phone, ISP, and TV are on one bill now, big savings so far. Direct TV would spike the signals daily, to burn out pirate cards, resulting in our recievers being turned off. Had to reboot them on a daily basis, it just got old. New system is awsome DVR, and multi receiver boxes are great.

Nord
02-10-2007, 03:03 AM
I have had direct tv for 5 years now and can say I have had no problems with there customer service. Actuallly I can say I have had excellent customer service!! I think that sometimes, sh*t happens. You had to have an overnight to stay on track?? I dunno. If that arguement flies...........

JetBoatRich
02-10-2007, 10:45 AM
It is all about customer service, some don't get it:sqeyes: those don't need to make a career change:rolleyes:

Ned S
02-11-2007, 07:33 AM
Sorry Im not in your area so I cant be of help but can offer a bit of advise. Get you satellite tv service from a independent local retailer. Check them out with the BBB. We have skin in the game in the form of chargebacks so we have to help the customer resolve issues.
If you order direct or from a fly by night dealer you will usually get an installation contractor that is overworked and makes about $13 an hour hence the sloppy work. Dont get me wrong some are good but most are not even from your area so if you have a problem they may be 500mi away.
In other words treat your satellite tv install just like you would any home improvement project. Do your homework. An independent retailer must rely on referrals to survive.

Trailer Park Casanova
02-11-2007, 08:48 AM
We have direct in the RV and it's been good.
The Sony reciever boxes are Da Finest Kine with cool features, reliable and they last.
The direct box's not as cool when compaired.

LUVNLIFE
02-11-2007, 09:33 AM
I have direct. Been great so far. But then again I have my installer on Nex-Tel and pay him in beer:D :D :D

mobldj
02-11-2007, 08:05 PM
time warner sucks,just went back to dish,good deal to.

JetBoatRich
02-11-2007, 08:08 PM
I have direct. Been great so far. But then again I have my installer on Nex-Tel and pay him in beer:D :D :D
That could get expensive:rolleyes:

wright27
02-11-2007, 09:10 PM
I had a problem with my Direct tv. Called them and they came right out and fixed the problem. Only been a few days since he fixed it, but so far so good.

Nord
02-11-2007, 11:41 PM
Once again, great service from Direct Tv. I recently purchased an HDTV. I called them to get prices on recievers and how long the delivery would be and how much per month...........well.............
Reciever is free
first 6 months service is free
next 6 months is 9.99 a month
no contract
free install!!!!!
I might sound redundant, but I'm telling you, you must have caught someone on an off day!!
~NORD~