PDA

View Full Version : Wouldn't want to work for Primedia right now

roostwear
02-09-2007, 03:37 PM
Primedia puts buff books on the block
Automotive News / February 9, 2007 - 1:42 pm
DETROIT -- Primedia Inc. said today that it is exploring the sale of its Enthusiast Media segment of special-interest magazines and Web sites, which includes the monthly "buff books" Motor Trend and Automobile

Sportin' Wood
02-09-2007, 08:00 PM
Doesn't Cyclone work for Primedia?

dmontzsta
02-09-2007, 09:21 PM
I saw this coming.
I used to advertise in 4 of their mags (music industry). At $550 each, we were seeing 2-3 contacts per month and none were turning into jobs. After 7 years of this, I pulled them all sometime last year. Everyone shops the internet now and magazines are phasing out. Sort of sad...

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-09-2007, 09:28 PM
That is true. Magazines are 3 months late with everything. Especially the off-roading ones. Mags like National Geographic or health magazines will be okay, but I'm sure the news mags are suffering, along with some of the others that need to report any kind of "news". All the new prototype cars are seen online before the mags can write the stories. Race results are up that afternoon. The times they are a changin'. I still like magazines and subscribe to way too many of them. You know. . . ***boat should put out a magazine. :D

shockwaveharry
02-09-2007, 09:50 PM
...Everyone shops the internet now and magazines are phasing out. Sort of sad...
I'm not so sure. It just doesn't feel right reading off a lap top in the can. :D Magazines are still going to be around for a while, methinks.

Big H
02-11-2007, 03:03 PM
Well all these magazines used to be owned by other companies before Primedia purchased them and with very few exceptions, all the magazines still exist. There aren't any guarantees of when or if a sale will be completed so we'll wait and see. Topping that, the editorial staffs have a buffer of sorts as the higher up "suits" are the ones that should be worried. The axe starts at the top. Both Cyclone and I are employed by Primedia under the PEM section currently up for sale. Any buyers out there?

riverracerx
02-11-2007, 05:54 PM
What up Big H. I was hangin' with your homie at the show for a few days..
See you in April