PDA

View Full Version : I hate trying to eat right

ratso
02-09-2007, 04:30 PM
I have just about cut out all fried foods, eating more greens, fruits, vegetables etc... no more Cokes... but I'll splurge a couple nights a week... and have dessert one night. I go down to the BBQ joint, grab me a 3 meat combo, brisquet and sausage, 2 helpings of potato salad, and a slice of pecan pie for tomorrow... I get bread and pickles and onions too. Well, I get home, polish off the brisquet and sausage and potato salad, sit back and get to thinking, "Man, that just ain't gonna cut it"... so I take my 2 slices of bread and go to the fridge and get out this chicken salad I made a couple of nights ago, and load these two pieces of bread down with it, I mean pile it on... polish that off, and dang if that pecan pie ain't looking good... So I eat that...I hope I don't have any more cravings before I go in to work tonight.:jawdrop: I know there's some Tostitos, shredded cheese, jalapenos... nachos are sounding tempting...http://***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif
Gonna be a rough day at the gym tomorrow...
Anybody else have trouble sticking to a diet or just plain healthy eating?

bigq
02-09-2007, 04:35 PM
Dude! That would kill me if I ate all that and can you image the gas...

ratso
02-09-2007, 04:37 PM
Dude! That would kill me if I ate all that and can you image the gas...
I have pretty high metabolism, but those nachos might do me in...

acatitude
02-09-2007, 04:38 PM
yea lettuce and brocoli starts to suck after a while.. id rather be fat and happy lol bring on some more fried chicken mashed taters and gravey. no sweat ratzo, as I get older and fatter I just add more hp to my boat..:D :D .

thumbs
02-09-2007, 04:38 PM
Went to the Doctor a few months ago. He told me no more cokes, no spicy foods, smaller portions, don't eat after 8pm, eat veggies (I don't eat a single one other than corn), take vitamins and no fried foods. I thought I went to see a doctor not a comedian.

ratso
02-09-2007, 04:41 PM
yea lettuce and brocoli starts to suck after a while.. id rather be fat and happy lol bring on some more fried chicken mashed taters and gravey. no sweat ratzo, as I get older and fatter I just add more hp to my boat..:D :D .
I'm a meat potatos and gravy man myself! That's all my mom and dad ever cooked when I was growing up.

RitcheyRch
02-09-2007, 05:11 PM
Is extremely tough to eat right these days with fast food available on every single corner.

Misogynist
02-09-2007, 05:23 PM
I used to be a diet Nazi.... steamed veggies... skinless chicken........ salads with only vinegar, no oil. No fried foods.. tiny-azz portions...... Starved myself down to 160.. people thought I had contracted aids or something. Then my joints started to act like I had arthritis. Doc said I need more than 5 grams of fat per day in my diet. Started eating a little more protein and splurged some more. Started going to the gym and working out. I'm up to 190, but my pants still fit...... so I guess I've put on more muscle than fat, but my friends tell me they can see my face has fattened up. So I guess some of it is fat. But I couldn't live eating only pocket lint and rice cakes.:mad:

Beer-30
02-09-2007, 05:50 PM
I have found that eating salads and veggie sandwiches during the weekly work routine works easier for me. I'm not giving up regular beverages, though. I have tried a few times, and I will give up some other food before I give up the real taste of a soda.
Anyway, then I eat whatever I want on the weekends. It keeps me at my target weight, but I still get to enjoy the foods (on the weekends, anyway).

Dribble
02-09-2007, 06:00 PM
I've been watching what I eat for six weeks. No chips pretzels doughnuts etc. I cut out a bunch of sugar and cut way down on the carbs. I've lost twelve pounds and am shooting for about 5 more. I'll be back to 170, which is where I was four years ago before I busted my leg. I still drink a couple of silver bullets a day though, and have a piece of dark chocolate every day also.

BOOGEYMAN
02-09-2007, 06:05 PM
Just done have all those tempting foods at your house and you wont beable to eat them! Fill your house with nothing but good foods and thats all you have to eat, works for my anyway. i did the 6 week to lean in the last months issue of musscle and fittness and lost 3% of my body fat and over 12lbs, almost 3 pant sizes and love it! Now back to 188 with 11%, my goal is 195 with 9 % by june, got to get shreded for the ladies......:)

hoolign
02-09-2007, 07:13 PM
I have just about cut out all fried foods, eating more greens, fruits, vegetables etc... no more Cokes... but I'll splurge a couple nights a week... and have dessert one night. I go down to the BBQ joint, grab me a 3 meat combo, brisquet and sausage, 2 helpings of potato salad, and a slice of pecan pie for tomorrow... I get bread and pickles and onions too. Well, I get home, polish off the brisquet and sausage and potato salad, sit back and get to thinking, "Man, that just ain't gonna cut it"... so I take my 2 slices of bread and go to the fridge and get out this chicken salad I made a couple of nights ago, and load these two pieces of bread down with it, I mean pile it on... polish that off, and dang if that pecan pie ain't looking good... So I eat that...I hope I don't have any more cravings before I go in to work tonight.:jawdrop: I know there's some Tostitos, shredded cheese, jalapenos... nachos are sounding tempting...http://***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif
Gonna be a rough day at the gym tomorrow...
Anybody else have trouble sticking to a diet or just plain healthy eating?
I had 12 triangle Spanokapita's from Costco! with 4 JD's so far! may just heat up some spring rolls in a bit!

Kim Hanson
02-09-2007, 07:49 PM
I like to start the morning with a pot of coffee and a big Ole chill dog :D first coffee break have a 6" steak and cheese sub with black olives, jalapenos, habaneros and honey mustard. Lunch is usually what was made for supper the night before ( I like to take to work is steak & lobster and giant prawns dripping in butter ) I buy my steaks from a steak house here, custom done to the size you like, lobster and prawns comes right to my door ! Supper consists of a cooler full of ice cold beer :D :D Hell ya I eat right.........( . )( . )............