PDA

View Full Version : CHP in Havasu

mrs.rvrluvr
02-09-2007, 11:04 PM
Just got back from Havi (day trip) and seen a CHP driving up 95. Seems every time we go there we are passed by CHP in arizona. Why? Seems like they should stick with patroling Cali. Never see AZ DPS in Cali. Hell never see DPS in AZ LOL I don't get it. Not for prisoner transport only see the officer in the car heading back to Cali.

HOTPURSUIT
02-09-2007, 11:11 PM
the officer most likely lives in AZ and has a take home patrol car.

mrs.rvrluvr
02-09-2007, 11:13 PM
the officer most likely lives in AZ and has a take home patrol car.
makes sence except for the 30 mile one way trip that seems a little strange. Isnt the CHP office in NEedles. Seems like a big waste in gas $:idea:

HOTPURSUIT
02-09-2007, 11:23 PM
last time I checked the rule for take home patrol cars and motors is that you cant live more than 60 miles from the station. That was very flexible to, depending if you have a cool sgt.....
He also could have been doing follow up for a crash, hit and run, or crime.. when you work on the border, you deal with people that live CA and AZ

Baja Big Dog
02-09-2007, 11:30 PM
I see him alot, he lives in Havi and commutes to Cali.

Warlockjer
02-10-2007, 05:49 AM
We had one who lived down the street from us. The car was there almost every day. YOUR Calif tax dollars hard at work!!:)

shadow
02-10-2007, 06:12 AM
I work on some of thier cars at the Ford Dealer in Havasu.
a couple of the CHP officers live in Havasu and they also cross the border
as far as patrolling goes.
Don't think they can't pull you over here in Havasu.;)

Boatcop
02-10-2007, 06:18 AM
Commuting.
Not only for those who live in Havasu, but also to Needles.
It's shorter and quicker to go from the Parker Dam area to Needles through Havasu than it is to go down to Vidal Junction and up US 95 in California. They also do this when they have to take a person arrested in Parker Dam to jail in Needles.
SBCSO does the same thing.

Not So Fast
02-10-2007, 06:43 AM
Commuting.
Not only for those who live in Havasu, but also to Needles.
It's shorter and quicker to go from the Parker Dam area to Needles through Havasu than it is to go down to Vidal Junction and up US 95 in California. They also do this when they have to take a person arrested in Parker Dam to jail in Needles.
SBCSO does the same thing.
Thank you BC, why are people so worried about this, there are many more reasons also, MYOB! NSF

Focker
02-10-2007, 07:24 AM
One lives below the 95 near my lots. I wont say the street he lives on. But he is a nice guy!!!

catman-do
02-10-2007, 07:34 AM
So here is a question. If the guys are living in Havasu under an AZ adress but work in California. What state taxes do they pay on their checks? Are they California since thats the location of the employer? If so that sucks, seems like CA and NY have the highest state income tax rates.

Kachina26
02-10-2007, 08:32 AM
One live down the street from me in Havi, another lives by Michele on the lake side of 95.

Boatcop
02-10-2007, 08:39 AM
So here is a question. If the guys are living in Havasu under an AZ adress but work in California. What state taxes do they pay on their checks? Are they California since thats the location of the employer? If so that sucks, seems like CA and NY have the highest state income tax rates.
You pay income taxes in the state that the income is earned in. A lot of people live in one state and work in another, around here. If someone has 2 jobs, one in CA and one in AZ, they pay AZ taxes on their AZ job and CA taxes on their CA job. Doesn't matter where they live.
Military is an exception. They pay income taxes based on their home of record, no matter where they actually live.

Kilrtoy
02-10-2007, 08:43 AM
Stop your crying !:cry: :cry: so what if they are in Havi. Do you even know why.
They respond from their house in emergency situations and YES there is alot of them or would you rather they drive to the station and then the emergency. That would only add say an additional 45 mins to that trip. Hopefully you are never in need of their services and there is a 45 addtional wait because they did not have their vehicles. There are other reasons, but what every....
I can't believe I am sticking up for the CHP

Kachina26
02-10-2007, 08:54 AM
I can't believe I am sticking up for the CHPI can't believe you haven't been able to con your dept. out of a vehicle to take home. ;)

Kilrtoy
02-10-2007, 08:56 AM
I can't believe you haven't been able to con your dept. out of a vehicle to take home. ;)
i have had a take home for over 5 years now

cruser
02-10-2007, 08:56 AM
Boatcop,
There is at least one exception to that tax rule. If you live in Oregon, any income you have is taxable no matter which state you earning it in. They do give you a credit for any taxes paid to another state but they want to be sure to get "their" share. Glad to hear that Az doesn't do that since I am moving there in about 4 weeks and have income in Oregon.

blackcloud75
02-10-2007, 08:57 AM
BC,
Saw a couple of deputies on a T-stop yesterday around 1500 on AZ95/Cienega Springs rd......couldn't tell if it was you......I was flyin' by at about 85mph in the suburban...so it was just a blurr:D

mrs.rvrluvr
02-10-2007, 09:17 AM
Thank you BC, why are people so worried about this, there are many more reasons also, MYOB! NSF
Im not worried just very curious. didn't mean to offend:) :)

Beer-30
02-10-2007, 09:20 AM
Supervisors get take-home cars, especially if they are on-call.
Resident Post personnel (outlaying areas) have take-home cars.

Boatcop
02-10-2007, 09:24 AM
BC,
Saw a couple of deputies on a T-stop yesterday around 1500 on AZ95/Cienega Springs rd......couldn't tell if it was you......I was flyin' by at about 85mph in the suburban...so it was just a blurr:D
Not me. I've been pulled out of uniform, and will be turning in the marked vehicle, as soon as the new one comes in.
But don't worry. I'll still be on the water in the summer. They won't take THAT part away from me. :D

reDECKulous
02-10-2007, 09:32 AM
My buddy is a CHP and lives in Havasu. He has the whole Rice Rd territory.

blackcloud75
02-10-2007, 09:36 AM
If he worked yesterday on rice rd., he was pickin' off BMW's like he was "Ralphie with his Red Ryder BB gun"

Not So Fast
02-10-2007, 09:50 AM
Supervisors get take-home cars, especially if they are on-call.
Resident Post personnel (outlaying areas) have take-home cars.
The straight scoop form one who knows.
There have been letters to the editor in the Todays News Herald several times now and mostly its the friggin snowbirds who complain, like I give a crap about thier feelings, they should take driving lessons instead of complaining, they suck!!!!!!!!!!

Kilrtoy
02-10-2007, 09:55 AM
The straight scoop form one who knows.
There have been letters to the editor in the Todays News Herald several times now and mostly its the friggin snowbirds who complain, like I give a crap about thier feelings, they should take driving lessons instead of complaining, they suck!!!!!!!!!!
maybe they should receive a few 22400 tickets from the chp

Havasu1986
02-10-2007, 10:38 AM
Theres a woman CHP that lives in Havi that patrols the 40. I think she has a pontoon boat.

PaPaG
02-10-2007, 11:14 PM
Just got back from Havi (day trip) and seen a CHP driving up 95. Seems every time we go there we are passed by CHP in arizona. Why? Seems like they should stick with patroling Cali. Never see AZ DPS in Cali. Hell never see DPS in AZ LOL I don't get it. Not for prisoner transport only see the officer in the car heading back to Cali.
A buddy of mine is a Mohave Sheriff in that area and I had asked him the same question, he said that California CHP can take cars home when they live in Havasu or for that matter AZ area if they are a supervisor or higher, Cali/AZ have a 25 mile recip policy that each agency can go into the other state when needed to assist a local officer or while chasing a suspect. I am not sure if they can give a ticket in the other state without a local officer present. AZ to Nevada is only 5 miles. I would assume Nevada to AZ is the same.

Havasu Carrera
02-11-2007, 12:14 AM
Theres a woman CHP that lives in Havi that patrols the 40. I think she has a pontoon boat.
Of course I met her and her family at the sand bar not on the road after breaking the law.:eek:

Robert1050
02-11-2007, 01:01 AM
Can you let us know when he's home, so that we can get home a little sooner?
I sometimes drive my Lightning, I've only gotten it up to 130 so far - I've heard the speed-limiter kicks in around 137 and I'd like to check that......

Kilrtoy
02-11-2007, 02:57 AM
Can you let us know when he's home, so that we can get home a little sooner?
I sometimes drive my Lightning, I've only gotten it up to 130 so far - I've heard the speed-limiter kicks in around 137 and I'd like to check that......
137 , im barely in to third gear...

SHOTKALLIN
02-11-2007, 12:29 PM
Im not worried just very curious. didn't mean to offend:) :)
POSSIBLE BADGE BUNNY?:D

mrs.rvrluvr
02-11-2007, 12:45 PM
what does badge bunny mean:D

HMF'er
02-11-2007, 12:58 PM
what does badge bunny mean:D
Kinda sorta like a golddigger.

Kilrtoy
02-11-2007, 01:11 PM
Kinda sorta like a golddigger.
That sounds so harsh
how about a cop groupie

GMFL
02-11-2007, 04:00 PM
You can't be serious with this. Sounds like the girl was just curious (#1). #2, For ANY Gov't employee, IT IS MY BUSINESS. Sorry. That is the way IT SHOULD BE. If you don't like being watched by everyone, don't be an employee of the State, or Country.
So STFU about MYOB.:mad: :mad:

mrs.rvrluvr
02-11-2007, 04:21 PM
You can't be serious with this. Sounds like the girl was just curious (#1). #2, For ANY Gov't employee, IT IS MY BUSINESS. Sorry. That is the way IT SHOULD BE. If you don't like being watched by everyone, don't be an employee of the State, or Country.
cant we all just get along
I was just curious. I see them alot and couldn't figure out why in AZ. It sounds like there are alot of different reasons some good some not so good. I am not going to sit here and play the "why are my taxes paying for this?" game I just figured somebody here had a good explanation of why.
BTW thanx for sticking up for me GMFL but its no biggie, once again just wondering:) :)

Havasu1986
02-11-2007, 04:51 PM
I'm not sure why this is such a big deal. What incentives would the CHP have when hiring someone. You are going to work the I40 and have to live in Needles. NOT. How many Fireman / Officers do you see on the freeway on their way to work in the O.C. in company cars. My freind works for Cypress P.D. and he takes his work car home to Yorba Linda. IMOP.:)

Not So Fast
02-11-2007, 05:47 PM
So violent, wow!! As stated there are many reasons LE drive cruisers home and why should they have to explain it to folks like you? So stfu to you too! Have a safe drive huh. NSF

Ion
02-11-2007, 05:57 PM
That's a 10-4.

GMFL
02-11-2007, 06:13 PM
So violent, wow!! As stated there are many reasons LE drive cruisers home and why should they have to explain it to folks like you? So stfu to you too! Have a safe drive huh. NSF
Because, by definition, I help to pay their salary.
Maybe, Nancy Pelosi doesn't have to explain her actions either?? BTW, I'm assuming that she is just a little higher up on the public employee payroll scale than a LEO.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=2858225&page=1
Wake the F up. AND, questioning ANY gov't employee has nothing to do with my driving abilities. One more thing, YES I am angry. :devil:
You can also look at the actions of a few of our Colonels in Iraq. Title, position, rank etc, etc, means nothing and all should be questioned by a governed society. Our Founding Fathers wanted it that way after all.

Boatcop
02-11-2007, 06:15 PM
The subject of this thread is the main reason my Dept. doesn't allow take-home vehicles for officers who live out of the County.
We stress the Community Policing concept, in that it's preferable to have the Deputies live in the community, and that marked cars parked in the neighborhood give the residents a sense of security. Why should our County taxpayers pay for the security in other areas?
Also the "questions" that may arise from the public about our cars being seen in other jurisdictions all the time.

Havasu1986
02-11-2007, 06:19 PM
The subject of this thread is the main reason my Dept. doesn't allow take-home vehicles for officers who live out of the County.
We stress the Community Policing concept, in that it's preferable to have the Deputies live in the community, and that marked cars parked in the neighborhood give the residents a sense of security. Why should our County taxpayers pay for the security in other areas?
Also the "questions" that may arise from the public about our cars being seen in other jurisdictions all the time.
If you were working in Needles...would you live there.

Boatcop
02-11-2007, 06:23 PM
Moot point. I don't work in Needles. Or even California, for that matter.

Not So Fast
02-11-2007, 06:26 PM
Because, by definition, I help to pay their salary.
Maybe, Nancy Pelosi doesn't have to explain her actions either?? BTW, I'm assuming that she is just a little higher up on the public employee payroll scale than a LEO.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=2858225&page=1
Wake the F up. AND, questioning ANY gov't employee has nothing to do with my driving abilities. One more thing, YES I am angry. :devil:
You can also look at the actions of a few of our Colonels in Iraq. Title, position, rank etc, etc, means nothing and all should be questioned by a governed society. Our Founding Fathers wanted it that way after all.
Yada Yada Yada NSF

Kilrtoy
02-11-2007, 06:29 PM
NOT IN NEEDLES.
The SBSO tried to make theDEP's Live in needles, that went over like a fart in church. they all live in havasu, I wonder why.
If they had to live in needles , no one would work there
GMFL, All the cops, fireman, teachers, dmv workers , cal trans they all want a raise, so they are gonna raise your Taxes ten fold

Havasu1986
02-11-2007, 06:32 PM
Moot point. I don't work in Needles. Or even California, for that matter.
I think the POINT is..in order to work in a place that nobody cares to be in on the highway. You have the option to live in a better place.

GMFL
02-11-2007, 06:45 PM
GMFL, All the cops, fireman, teachers, dmv workers , cal trans they all want a raise, so they are gonna raise your Taxes ten fold
What? I'm just going to hide more of what I make and the Gov will have to take out another bond or cancel some programs. F'n Unions.

GMFL
02-11-2007, 06:56 PM
Yada Yada Yada NSF
Damn, I missed this on my first read through. GREAT response though.
FWIW, my response to this post was to NSF's comment about MYOB regarding a gov't employee. It was not about the CHP being in AZ. The OP asked "why" and many posted legit/resonable answers.
Personally, I could care less what he was doing in AZ unless he was backing a Jet Ski in at Windsor. And then, only because it was a Jet Ski.

blackcloud75
02-11-2007, 07:01 PM
What? I'm just going to hide more of what I make and the Gov will have to take out another bond or cancel some programs. F'n Unions.
Your very educated on how you pay gov't employees....your right..."taxes are the only way these services are provided":rolleyes: ..........Did you forget other avenues that revenue is generated to offset supposed tax hikes....?
Maybe you should re-educate yourself on how your dollars are spent........

GMFL
02-11-2007, 07:09 PM
Your very educated on how you pay gov't employees....your right..."taxes are the only way these services are provided":rolleyes: ..........Did you forget other avenues that revenue is generated to offset supposed tax hikes....?
Maybe you should re-educate yourself on how your dollars are spent........
Let me guess???? You're thinking Bonds, right?? YEA, those aren't taxes.
Sorry, without taxes there is no Gov't...If you'd like to explain otherwise and then detail as to how the money does not come back to the Citizen paying for it, go ahead, this should be interesting.
Maybe North Korea is supply us with a subsidy? Cuba maybe???

blackcloud75
02-11-2007, 07:11 PM
Let me guess???? You're thinking Bonds, right?? YEA, those aren't taxes.
Sorry, without taxes there is no Gov't...If you'd like to explain otherwise and then detail as to how the money does not come back to the Citizen paying for it, go ahead, this should be interesting.
Maybe North Korea is supply us with a subsidy? Cuba maybe???
A.K.A.-service revenues(i.e.,building permits, ambulance billing, traffic violations, to name a few)

GMFL
02-11-2007, 07:22 PM
A.K.A.-service revenues(i.e.,building permits, ambulance billing, traffic violations, to name a few)
You mean payments from the Citizens? I'm guessing most of which (Building Permits for sure, my occupation) are to pay for their respective programs. I know that the payment of Traffic tickets do NOT pay for our police force.
Quick "for instance” I haven't used an ambulance, so I don't pay that "Fee". I do, however, use the streets and get taxed on it BUT have not received a ticket driving on them, so haven't paid that fee. Little bit of a difference, but "Fees" can not support our Gov't by themselves. OK, Civics lesson over.

blackcloud75
02-11-2007, 07:29 PM
You mean payments from the Citizens? I'm guessing most of which (Building Permits for sure, my occupation) are to pay for their respective programs. I know that the payment of Traffic tickets do NOT pay for our police force.
Quick "for instance” I haven't used an ambulance, so I don't pay that "Fee". I do, however, use the streets and get taxed on it BUT have not received a ticket driving on them, so haven't paid that fee. Little bit of a difference, but "Fees" can not support our Gov't by themselves. OK, Civics lesson over.
Your right "fees" wouldn't keep gov't's a-float.....but like I said these revenues reduce the chance of tax increases........just keep hiding your money, keep cheating the system and keep wondering why our society is tankin' when it comes to ethics.....I am done, refer to my signature

mrs.rvrluvr
02-11-2007, 07:35 PM
:) WOW

Beer-30
02-11-2007, 07:39 PM
Well, it's a good thing CHP is not paid from taxes. It's CA DMV reg fees. I guess that takes them out of this rant! :idea:

GMFL
02-11-2007, 07:41 PM
Your right "fees" wouldn't keep gov't's a-float.....but like I said these revenues reduce the chance of tax increases........just keep hiding your money, keep cheating the system and keep wondering why our society is tankin' when it comes to ethics.....I am done, refer to my signature
Sorry if you're running away because you couldn't support your argument, but as I've already stated those fees do NOT reduce the chance of tax increases, they only SUPPORT the respective programs.
Also, I never said I cheated anyone. Everything I do is by the book, any amount of money that I don't have to pay toward the tax base, I don't. In addition, I not only pay my fair share, I employ a few that also pay their share. Any money I don't have to pay toward taxes, is funneled back into my co. to generate more business/jobs, to further increase the total amount of taxes paid. So get off your Liberal high-horse and refer to your own Sig line.
Don't know how we got of on this tangent:confused: :confused: :confused:

GMFL
02-11-2007, 07:43 PM
Well, it's a good thing CHP is not paid from taxes. It's CA DMV reg fees. I guess that takes them out of this rant! :idea:
YEA, what he said!!!

SummitKarl
02-11-2007, 08:24 PM
I didn't read the whole thread just your post
There is a CHP that lives on the South end of town close to McCulloch and Highlander and has a take home car

DrinkinSpeed
02-11-2007, 10:40 PM
Stop your crying !:cry: :cry: so what if they are in Havi. Do you even know why.
They respond from their house in emergency situations and YES there is alot of them or would you rather they drive to the station and then the emergency. That would only add say an additional 45 mins to that trip. Hopefully you are never in need of their services and there is a 45 addtional wait because they did not have their vehicles. There are other reasons, but what every....
I can't believe I am sticking up for the CHP
Well Kilrtoy, thank you so much for sticking up for me. If by chance I stop you it's good for a free pass, just make sure you ID yourself. (I can see it now, everyone I stop this summer identify themselves as Kilrtoy) See we're not all bad and as for taxes. I'm withheld from CA. then have to file State with California whom returns most of the money then file with AZ since I'm an Arizona resident and pay AZ taxes. It's based on the state of which you claim residency in and I'm an AZ resident. And yes, I'm also subject to call out day or night which is why I bring my car home. 39 miles from my driveway to the Needles office. And yes, I have a pontoon boat, purple/yellow Playcraft powertoon extreme. If you see me on the water stop by and say hi!

Robert1050
02-11-2007, 10:59 PM
137 , im barely in to third gear...
Yeah, but can you launch a boat with it, move a 10,000+ LB travel trailer short distances or drive over parking stops with that thing?
Robert

Kilrtoy
02-11-2007, 11:03 PM
Well Kilrtoy, thank you so much for sticking up for me. If by chance I stop you it's good for a free pass, just make sure you ID yourself. (I can see it now, everyone I stop this summer identify themselves as Kilrtoy) See we're not all bad and as for taxes. I'm withheld from CA. then have to file State with California whom returns most of the money then file with AZ since I'm an Arizona resident and pay AZ taxes. It's based on the state of which you claim residency in and I'm an AZ resident. And yes, I'm also subject to call out day or night which is why I bring my car home. 39 miles from my driveway to the Needles office. And yes, I have a pontoon boat, purple/yellow Playcraft powertoon extreme. If you see me on the water stop by and say hi!
Exactly , I have to pay Cal and Az. I usually never drive the 40, always on Rice road

Kilrtoy
02-11-2007, 11:22 PM
what are you commenting on this chp thread for anyways ????? :eek: ;)
KEY BAIT, I knew you would show up

lawbreaker2
02-12-2007, 07:09 AM
:d