PDA

View Full Version : Toyota sucks at Daytona!!

HCS
02-10-2007, 12:44 PM
They suck.
There's eight Toyota's, two are in the race due to championship previsionals.
The remaining are all running too slow and probably won't make the race.
About 183 mph.
Their in trouble.
:D
We'll see how they qualify. If they do....

cdog
02-10-2007, 12:51 PM
Yep. Saw that. They had AJ's car all taped up tring to make a hot lap and still was 50th in speed. I'm looking forward to seeing Juan Pablo M and Boris Said kick some ass this year.

tmdog
02-10-2007, 01:22 PM
Maybe they are sandbagging.

Trailer Park Casanova
02-10-2007, 02:22 PM
Maybe they are sandbagging.
Ya called it right on there.
The crew chief quit, IMHO the drivers,, well,, ya wonder if they are for plubicity and to get the team flowing with experience, not to look like upstarts and win.
I like Waltrip, interesting and popular as hell, makes for a good TV show, but on the Nextell track the guy is all gloss.
Look for Toyota to sandbag for a year or two or three.
Then they'll come back serious, with contending drivers and cars.

iparky
02-10-2007, 02:29 PM
Thats not sandbagging if they wait for couple of years. They can sand bag during qualifing then come back in the 150s and kick some ass. Look at Bill Davis Racing with Jeromy, they just might surprise all of us.:eek: That will sure put some nay sayers on a :idea:

Baja Big Dog
02-10-2007, 02:34 PM
After Pratice, Toyota's 4,11,12,17. I dont think that is too bad.
Having motor bearing problems.
Dale is sucking..........never been a good qualifier.

scooooter7
02-10-2007, 05:40 PM
Doesn't this race look like an IROC race??

Trailer Park Casanova
02-10-2007, 06:36 PM
In spite of all the new changes,, it'll be a good NASCAR year.
Toyota will be a contender sooner or later.

Baja Big Dog
02-10-2007, 07:14 PM
HMMMMM
Toyota 8th and 17th, only one Ford and one dodge ahead of Toyota, maybe they dont really SUCK!

v-drive
02-10-2007, 07:22 PM
I don't think they expected to do well at all. They were on a fact finding outing. i would bet that they will come back stronger when the race counts..
v-drive

Ken F
02-10-2007, 07:31 PM
If you remember they didn't do very well in WW2 either.

angry dad
02-10-2007, 07:47 PM
Fuc... Toyota!!!
Effin Rice!!!!!!:mad:

Baja Big Dog
02-10-2007, 07:49 PM
Yea and they lost how much money???? OPPS:confused:

Stoneman
02-11-2007, 06:28 AM
They raced in NASCAR during WW2?

MikeF
02-11-2007, 08:02 AM
Toyota is the name and facilitator.
Now, the engines do have most of all the best attributes of what is legally within the rules of what nascar will allow.
It is still up to the team members to make the best of what they have and whatever situations are upon them.
Usually any new "team" will take some dialing in with as many people are involved in a racing program.
I'm sure they will improve over time. :mix:
Extenuating circumstances, such as crashes and what might be called bad decisions will happen and learning from them will be the course.
Every nascar team deals w/ the same things, and only one can finish first!
My thoughts.........:D

Bow Tie Omega
02-11-2007, 08:20 AM
I don't think they expected to do well at all. They were on a fact finding outing. i would bet that they will come back stronger when the race counts..
v-drive
Well, the Bud Shootout counted last night as far as winning $240,000 was concerned, sandbagging in practice is one thing, but doing it in the Bud shootout is another, that is a race. WIth that being said, Toyota has some work to do, no doubt about it. But lets remember that this is a restrictor plate race. there are only 3 races in the car of yesterday, as if my mermory serves me correctly, the final Talledega race will be in the COT. TOyota has the very difficult duty of not only designing a competetive car of yesterday for the first time, but also the COT at the same time. I believe that even Toyota is being stretched pretty thin this year as far as man power is concerned. I have a feeling that the emphasis of their R&D is being put on the COY at the Mile and a half - 2 mile cookie cutter tracks, which happen to be the majority of the races for the year and the majority of the races the COY will be in. Their restrictor plate porgram will improve this year, but not to the level of power house dominance, that would be a huge waste of money, time and resources, even by Toyota's standards. I believe the real guage of the Toyotas and where they are developement wise will not be seen until the Fontucky and Vegas races. Next year at Daytona however, look out. Toyota has "alot" of experience using a rear wing and front splitter on fendered vehicles, much more then everyone else, and it will show.

Trailer Park Casanova
02-11-2007, 08:37 AM
What's everyones take on the Team Toyotas drivers?
Contenders? Has-beens? NFW?
Waltrip complained the last 2 seasons his problems were the cars he was driving.
Will that all change now? Colorfull guy, good for the sport.
Another interesting twist to NASCAR.
What's your take?

burtandnancy2
02-11-2007, 10:04 AM
What model Toyota has a 358 inch push rod engine with only 1 cam?

wsuwrhr
02-11-2007, 10:12 AM
I believe the engine in the Tundra is the 358. At least I hope so. The same engine with the small block Chevy bellhousing pattern.
Brian

Trailer Park Casanova
02-11-2007, 10:13 AM
Early Land Cruiser in-line 6???

Kilrtoy
02-11-2007, 01:24 PM
After Pratice, Toyota's 4,11,12,17. I dont think that is too bad.
Having motor bearing problems.
Dale is sucking..........never been a good qualifier.
Dont you mean or a good racer either

Baja Big Dog
02-11-2007, 01:37 PM
Dont you mean or a good racer either
AH Kilr...you just ripped my heart out!!!
3 poles
3 victories
at Daytona
1999, won Daytona and the championship!!!
Sucking today

Kilrtoy
02-11-2007, 02:00 PM
AH Kilr...you just ripped my heart out!!!
3 poles
3 victories
at Daytona
1999, won Daytona and the championship!!!
Sucking today
Im gonna go out on a limb here, I dont ever recall Jr winning any Winston cup/Nextel cup championship.
Take away his daddys money and he will do even worse

Baja Big Dog
02-11-2007, 02:48 PM
Im gonna go out on a limb here, I dont ever recall Jr winning any Winston cup/Nextel cup championship.
I heard his Mommy and him were having a problem, something about control of the business.

Boatcop
02-11-2007, 04:50 PM
He was talking about Dale Jarret. Waltrip's hired champion, so he'll have at least one of his cars in the first five races. After that, they'll be watching from the hauler as it leaves the track before the green flag drops.

CHAD1
02-11-2007, 05:03 PM
14,15,17 Not Too Bad
Whats Up With Oil In Waltrips Intake?

Kilrtoy
02-11-2007, 05:08 PM
He was talking about Dale Jarret. Waltrip's hired champion, so he'll have at least one of his cars in the first five races. After that, they'll be watching from the hauler as it leaves the track before the green flag drops.
OOOPS, sorry

Bow Tie Omega
02-11-2007, 05:23 PM
14,15,17 Not Too Bad
Whats Up With Oil In Waltrips Intake?
Not oil, more like cheating. Nascar confiscated the manifold. Rumor has it that they were drilling out holes on the intake to help get more air into the motor by bypassing the restrictor plate and possibly using a fuel additive. Waltrip can not get into the race on his own, he needed some help. I think that it is a fair bet to say that from here on out that Michael Waltrip will not win another Nextel Cup Race in his career. He was at DEI during the peak of their restrictor plate dominance, never won before that and probably will never win after. His personality will only carry him so far........:D Have you guys heard the story that after Michael wrecked Robby and the whole helmet throwing incident that Robby had his wrecked car stripped to the frame and had it dropped off on Michael's front yard.....I laugh every time I hear that.

Boatcop
02-11-2007, 05:39 PM
Just read this on JAYSKI.COM. Misspellings are his.
Kenseth, Kahne times disallowed; Waltrip's car impounded: #9-Kasey Kahne and #17-Matt Kenseth qualifying times/speeds been disallowed, both will start at the end of the 2nd Gatorade Duel race. The #17 and #9 cars were found to have illegal aerodynamic devices/enhancements. NASCAR's Jim Hunter said both infraction is considered as serious as the one that caused #48-Johnson's crew chief to be suspended after Daytona 500 qualifying last year. While the crew chiefs have not been suspended, NASCAR has not rules out anything, penalties are forthcoming. Also, the #55 Toyota was impounded by NASCAR and Hunter said the car would be inspected 'with a fine tooth comb'. Both Kahne and Kahne will be allowed to start their respective Duel 150's from the rear. No word on what will happen with Waltrip and the #55 team.(PRN's Garage Pass Radio Show), #17-Kenseth had qualified 11th, #55-Waltrip 25th, #9-Kahne 28th.

Jim W
02-11-2007, 05:56 PM
What model anything has a carb on it??? 1986ish???? Was the last of carbs on production vehicles.
Gees, that was only 20 yrs. ago...................
Be good, Jim

HCS
02-12-2007, 08:48 AM
I'm sure Toyota will improve that's kinda of obvious.
I am suprised Waltrip would go out on a limb and be one of the first teams to experiment with the car.
Doesn't look like Nascar likes the cars either.
NASCAR pulls Waltrip's intake, then impounds the whole car
'We’re committed to try to stop all of the games being played,' official says after inspectors finish
By JIM UTTER / The Charlotte Observer
Michael Waltrip at work during Nextel Cup practice at Daytona International Speedway.
Stephen M. Dowell/Orlando Sentinel/MCT
This NASCAR 'gotcha!' not the first or worst at Daytona
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. Apparently NASCAR’s crackdown on rule breakers during last year’s Speedweeks didn’t get the message across.
For the second straight season, Daytona 500 qualifying day kept NASCAR inspectors busy.
“We’re committed to try to stop all of the games being played,” said NASCAR vice president Jim Hunter. “The parties involved will have to tell the story however they want to tell it.
“NASCAR is charged with maintaining integrity in that garage and I think we’re going to do whatever we need to do to do that.”
The day started with inspectors confiscating the intake manifold of Michael Waltrip’s No. 55 Toyota Camry during pre-qualifying inspections.
“Our inspector caught a substance inside that we really didn’t know what it was,” said Robin Pemberton, NASCAR vice president for competition. The substance, described by NASCAR officials as “highly unusual,” was sent back to NASCAR’s research and development center in Concord for further analysis.
After qualifying, NASCAR officials also impounded the entire car. NASCAR vice president Jim Hunter said officials decided to impound the car earlier in the day but allowed Waltrip to qualify. Hunter said NASCAR officials planned to do a thorough inspection of the car and its engine.
At this point, no penalties have been assessed to Waltrip’s team. It could be several days before NASCAR has an answer on the substance.
Ty Norris, general manager of Michael Waltrip Racing, said NASCAR had not told the team it did anything wrong.
“They just don’t know what it is and they want to check it out,” he said. “I haven’t even seen it. It’s in a plastic bag.” Asked if members of his team put a substance on the manifold, Norris responded, “That’s ridiculous.” Following qualifying Sunday, NASCAR also announced it had disallowed the qualifying times for the cars of Kasey Kahne and Matt Kenseth.
Hunter said both cars had unapproved aerodynamic enhancements. Both drivers will start at the rear of the field of the second 150-mile qualifying race on Thursday.
Last year, Chad Knaus, crew chief for driver Jimmie Johnson, was ejected on 500 qualifying day after an aerodynamic-enhancing device was found on the rear window of No. 48 Chevrolet. He was suspended for three races and fined $25,000.