PDA

View Full Version : Separating the Spam?

tamalewagon
01-30-2006, 02:37 PM
Just a thought...I would like to see the sight separate the boats, tow vehicles and other items into different catagories.

Rexone
01-31-2006, 12:30 AM
It's been suggested. ***boat hasn't responded to the suggestion yet.

Outnumbered
01-31-2006, 12:31 AM
It's a sore subject. Why don't you start a thread in the sandbar on it and see how it goes? :220v: :argue: :220v:

tamalewagon
01-31-2006, 10:13 AM
It's a sore subject. Why don't you start a thread in the sandbar on it and see how it goes? :220v: :argue: :220v:
I'm not looking to create a controversy or another drama thread. I simply thought it was a good idea.

Outnumbered
01-31-2006, 01:31 PM
I'm not looking to create a controversy or another drama thread. I simply thought it was a good idea.
Me too, but it didn't go as planned. HB in winter = DRAMA.

tamalewagon
01-31-2006, 02:03 PM
Me too, but it didn't go as planned. HB in winter = DRAMA.
Isn't that the truth! Nice looking boat in your signature.

Outnumbered
01-31-2006, 03:42 PM
Isn't that the truth! Nice looking boat in your signature.
Thanks. It is for sale if you know of anyone. Its in the Trader Online if you want all the details:
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/1/9/81281619.htm

LUVNLIFE
03-11-2006, 01:04 PM
Just a thought...I would like to see the sight separate the boats, tow vehicles and other items into different catagories.
Makes sense because the forum section moves so damn fast. I check it in the morning and then when I check it at night it's three pages deep.

77charger
03-11-2006, 02:23 PM
was wondering the same thing.On the glamis dunes site they separate it.
rvs trailer
buggies,
quads bikes,
misc.
For here i think 1-boats
2- boat parts,accs(anchors,life jackets,etc,)
3-misc stuff(trucks,bikes,tvs,whatever not boat related)

Cole Sanger
03-13-2006, 01:39 PM
That is cool. I was just thinking the same thing. I come in here and someone has already beat me to it.

SnoopJonnyJon
03-15-2006, 09:50 PM
Yeah, I would like to see a separate spam section for just the flatbottom, and hydroplane type boats. Another for the offshore boats, another for parts, etc.

Not So Fast
03-18-2006, 10:33 AM
Absolutely correct, the new look for classified and the spam section suck :yuk: Take a cue from OSO, not perfect but a HOLE lot better than this :cool: NSF

BigBlockBaja
03-18-2006, 01:20 PM
I think the idea of a sub forum at the top of each forum would be nice with the spam pertaining to that forum would go.
It sucks sifting through pages of golf carts, kitchen appliances, and butt plugs to find what your looking for if you do find it.

HammerDown
03-21-2006, 08:09 AM
Sure in a (perfect world) this all sounds like a great idea, and I agree 110%.
However, sub-forums would work (only if) members will comply with the system. And remember this is Hot Boat, we tend to do what we want :rollside:
At times the problem, some don't follow the rules as it is. They simply post what they want, where they want, when they want, and that's the truth.
Maybe because of the above, this is why the Spam section is a simple dumping area for "spam". Or I can see a lot more Moderators needed for this place.
If you're looking for something particular in the "Spam" section...simply do a search in that thread...if it's there it should come up. :cool:

Fiat48
03-28-2006, 07:57 PM
If we could at least sort out boats and parts. Busy over there all the time.

LUVNLIFE
04-01-2006, 06:13 PM
Absolutely correct, the new look for classified and the spam section suck :yuk: Take a cue from OSO, not perfect but a HOLE lot better than this :cool: NSF
That would be an excellant place to pattern off of. The way it is now moves to much with all the traffic. Not that it's bad, hell that's great. But we have to make it user friendly.

HM
04-22-2006, 12:21 AM
If you're looking for something particular in the "Spam" section...simply do a search in that thread...if it's there it should come up. :cool:
Most of the stuff I buy, I was never looking for! Impulse/opportunity buys!
And you'll need two forums for Mouzer as he will need a forum for the stuff he is selling and a forum for the stuff he is buying. Although, that might confuse Mouzer as he may end up buying stuff from himself!