PDA

View Full Version : Little Giant Ladder

phebus
01-30-2006, 04:46 PM
Just got one, went to use it, and had the frickin' thing come slamming down on the back of my wrist. My wrist is swelling up like a grapefruit, I can't feel my fingers, and my thumb feels like someone is sticking pins in it.
Damn, off to the hospital for some pictures. Goose first........ :mad:

BigBlockBaja
01-30-2006, 04:54 PM
Just got one, went to use it, and had the frickin' thing come slamming down on the back of my wrist. My wrist is swelling up like a grapefruit, I can't feel my fingers, and my thumb feels like someone is sticking pins in it.
Damn, off to the hospital for some pictures. Goose first........ :mad:
Were you using it "Like seen on TV"?

phebus
01-30-2006, 04:59 PM
Maybe those infomercial focks will sign my cast. :mad:

phebus
01-30-2006, 05:03 PM
Not only was I stupid enough to smash my wrist, but I'm stupid enough to stay here and keep posting with an ice pack on it. :hammerhea
Other people are leaving this site, because their onion skin is too thin to take some criticism (meant at no one in particular), and I'm not smart enough to leave. :cry:

phebus
01-30-2006, 05:09 PM
mom bought one i sent it back,POS :mad:
Smashed her wrist huh? :rollside:

Flying Tiger
01-30-2006, 05:20 PM
They make a plastic version for homeowners.
I swear by the metal one for tight places,, I've had two of them for 15 years,,, and have been bit like you have several times.
----but they will take your fingers off if it catches you napping when ya set it up.
Ya have to LPS/wd 40 the lock/slide/pin doohickies regulary,,
keep the local urgent care number and address written on the side of the ladder with a felt tip pin, and a viccodin.

Hardly Satisfied
01-30-2006, 07:41 PM
Did you follow the instructions??

phebus
01-30-2006, 07:45 PM
Obviously not, and it took a whole career to do it, but I now have broken every fire department rule. "Never place your hands through the rungs of a ladder" :crossx:

bunny 166
01-30-2006, 07:47 PM
Sorry to hear of your injury, Rick, but I'm sure it will have no effect on your boat driving abilities this weekend.... :) See you out there!

LHC Kirby
01-30-2006, 07:51 PM
Rick didn't follow the rules??? now there is a first - NOT

phebus
01-30-2006, 07:52 PM
Still hurts like a mother, and my fingers and thumb are still tingling, but I thought it would be better to just wait and see if I really need medical help.

phebus
01-30-2006, 07:53 PM
Rules are for quitters. :)

phebus
01-30-2006, 07:55 PM
Kirby, the funny thing is, when the extension came down, it pinched my hand between the rungs, and I couldn't get it out. I yelled for Nicole, and she asked if she should call the Fire Dept. I told her if she did, when I got my hand free, I would kill her. :rollside:

LHC Kirby
01-30-2006, 08:05 PM
Kirby, the funny thing is, when the extension came down, it pinched my hand between the rungs, and I couldn't get it out. I yelled for Nicole, and she asked if she should call the Fire Dept. I told her if she did, when I got my hand free, I would kill her. :rollside:
Boy you sure know how to screw up a good coffee table conversation...

YeLLowBoaT
01-30-2006, 09:03 PM
Those things are such a joke... not only are they crap, but they weight a ton compared to any AL ladder( same size of any of its postions.) I remember seeing a clip of a QVC guy "showing" how good it was, only to have it colaps on him....

Tom Brown
01-30-2006, 09:06 PM
Other people are leaving this site, because their onion skin is too thin to take some criticism (meant at no one in particular), and I'm not smart enough to leave. :cry:
We need more role models like you. :cool:

Music to my Ears
01-30-2006, 09:07 PM
[QUOTE=phebus]Just got one, went to use it, and had the frickin' thing come slamming down on the back of my wrist. My wrist is swelling up like a grapefruit, I can't feel my fingers, and my thumb feels like someone is sticking pins in it.
QUOTE]
So how about I drive to the boat show Wednesday? :)

AltarGirl
01-30-2006, 10:50 PM
My friend got her husband 2 & her Dad 1 so that they can do scaffolding. :confused:
I thought it looked pretty cool, but definitely a dangerous finger smasher :crossx: :crossx:

BigBlockBaja
01-30-2006, 11:08 PM
Evening Altergirl..
I deliver these things to peoples houses sometimes and they are no where as light as they advertise on TV. I can imagine smashing boby parts in them...

AltarGirl
01-30-2006, 11:10 PM
Evening Altergirl..
I deliver these things to peoples houses sometimes and they are no where as light as they advertise on TV. I can imagine smashing boby parts in them...
They just seem like an accident waiting to happen :rollside:

Rexone
01-30-2006, 11:34 PM
I've had one for years and love it. Many contractors use em too. You do have to be careful on the finger thing though (duh). They are much sturdier than the cheepo warehouse store variety.

Tequila-John
01-31-2006, 05:55 AM
i love mine. Helped a friend hang a light had that ladder extented 26 feet i was on the second to the last step. NO PROBLEM i weight 264 also.

jus a baker
01-31-2006, 10:52 PM
Use one all the time, guess you got to be smarter than the ladder. :)

maxwedge
02-01-2006, 12:56 AM
Would that be similar to this ladder?
http://www.bofunk.com/video/2805/fall_off_a_ladder.html

Big Boys Toy PE857
02-01-2006, 04:40 AM
One of the guys that works for me got one and we used it on a job. I told him I was glad he bought it cause now I won't. I thought it was very heavy, cumbersome and difficullt to use, and we didn't even encounter the hurting ourselves part.

phebus
02-01-2006, 07:34 AM
How can you say it's heavy and cumbersome? It's 24 ladders in one you know :)
Actually the reason I got it was you won't find anything better for laddering on stairs. Great if your painting, or hanging crown. If I just wanted an A frame, or an extension ladder, I would use (and own) one of those. Much lighter and easier to use.

HammerDown
02-01-2006, 08:58 AM
Not mechanically inclined...step away from the killer ladder. :D
I've used them several times for carpentry/painting/construction work, no complaints here.