PDA

View Full Version : can any one install a Cooktop & Built in Oven

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
02-12-2007, 01:05 PM
:idea:

BOBALOO
02-12-2007, 01:38 PM
Not just anyone.:D Come on Mel, just slide the old dog out, and remove a couple wires. Remember though, the old elect ovens only had 3 wires. 2 hot wires and 1 ground. The newer ovens take an additional neutral wire to run the clock and light. You might need an electrician if it doesn't match up. If you have a gas oven, good luck. Most new ones are elect.
Cooktop is easy, lift up the old one, disconnect and reconnect the gas or elect and drop the new one in.
(try to get the same sized appliances as the old ones)
BOB(just installed 2 ovens and a rangetop last week)ALOO:D

SHOTKALLIN
02-12-2007, 01:51 PM
This sounds easy enough from Bobaloo's intructions. Let me know if u need a hand. I follow directions pretty good.:D

SummitKarl
02-12-2007, 03:20 PM
:idea:
Mel....if this is at the Havi house, send me a pm and I will shoot up and help you:D

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
02-12-2007, 03:43 PM
well it's at my West Covina house and I am ripping out the old kitchen and puting in new one with new appli's well it sounds easy enough

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
02-12-2007, 03:46 PM
Not just anyone.:D Come on Mel, just slide the old dog out, and remove a couple wires. Remember though, the old elect ovens only had 3 wires. 2 hot wires and 1 ground. The newer ovens take an additional neutral wire to run the clock and light. You might need an electrician if it doesn't match up. If you have a gas oven, good luck. Most new ones are elect.
Cooktop is easy, lift up the old one, disconnect and reconnect the gas or elect and drop the new one in.
(try to get the same sized appliances as the old ones)
BOB(just installed 2 ovens and a rangetop last week)ALOO:D
well when my kitchen is done I will give you call Mr Fix it :D

jdf
02-12-2007, 07:09 PM
mel you are such a handy man want to redo me house from me

a catered life
02-13-2007, 08:10 AM
i dont know crap about installs but i can surely hook up something tasty when you get it done:)

atomickitn
02-13-2007, 08:15 AM
mel its not that hard ... even if you have to pull new wire or run new gas line from the old location....i pass by that area every soo often ..let me know if you need some help i will stop by ..

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
02-13-2007, 08:19 AM
mel its not that hard ... even if you have to pull new wire or run new gas line from the old location....i pass by that area every soo often ..let me know if you need some help i will stop by ..
thanks the kitchen should be done in 10 to 15 days