PDA

View Full Version : Boat Dealership Business Location?

Uniqueperformancewest
02-12-2007, 03:57 PM
Hey Guys,
Were still looking for a building, been looking for a long while and Im trying to get an idea of what areas would be good for a boat dealership. Our company will still be doing Lifts aswell as selling the boats. Ive been looking in Corona for a long time and there just isnt anything popping up that would work for what were doing. Just checking to see if you guys have any ideas for other areas. Everyone keeps saying theres alot going on out in the Lake Elsinore area but Im not sure thats where I want to be. Any help would be great guys, thanks in advance I appreciate it.
Thanks John
Unique Performance West, Inc.

Uniqueperformancewest
02-12-2007, 04:29 PM
Anyone?

INSman
02-12-2007, 04:42 PM
As far as the boats go, somewhere reasonably close to water test ;)

whiteworks
02-12-2007, 05:02 PM
I think Elliminator is building a new facility out by perris or somwhere. I have no idea if their current facility is going to be available or still occupied by them in some way.

Uniqueperformancewest
02-12-2007, 06:29 PM
Ya I was thinking it would be great to be near a lake or the ocean for water trials however the only lake is elsinore. However that lake is pretty crappy for taking boats out on like the ones were selling. Ill have to continue to look around for a quality facility near the freeway is also important.
thanks John

HMF'er
02-12-2007, 06:38 PM
Ya I was thinking it would be great to be near a lake or the ocean for water trials however the only lake is elsinore. However that lake is pretty crappy for taking boats out on like the ones were selling. Ill have to continue to look around for a quality facility near the freeway is also important.
thanks John
Elsinore continues to have a bad reputation for being dirty, smelly, etc. A lot of area manufacturers continue to do tests and demos there because its convenient and it has a no speed zone in the middle. Just don't swim in it.

dumbandyoung
02-12-2007, 06:39 PM
John, What are you exactly looking for? How big do you need it? Do you want it all indoor? Do you want it on a busy street? Do you need service bays? ....Give me some specs. Ill see what I can come up with.
Dennis

Uniqueperformancewest
02-12-2007, 06:48 PM
Hey Dennis,
Im looking for a building anywhere from 7-14k with great frontage on the freeway or right off the freeway. I need about 1500-2500 sq/ft for office and a showroom of sorts or something I can turn into a showroom. I need a warehouse for doing the lifts on trucks and storing the boats aswell as any service needs for the boats. I also am looking for a freestanding building that is reasonably new and has great curb appeal.
Thanks John

dumbandyoung
02-12-2007, 06:58 PM
Ill see what I can do. Ill get back with you tomorrow.

HocusPocus
02-12-2007, 07:11 PM
here is a crazy thought.. how about the high desert... victorville/hesperia? silverwood lake is only about 30 minutes away (there is a speed limit but not strictly enforced on the weekdays) and just about every boat buyer in so cal drives up the 15 fwy on their way to havasu or mead.

Nord
02-12-2007, 07:28 PM
They are building all along the 91 by Sleek/Magic. Have you checked it out?? I don't know what the landscape of the insides will be (office or whatnot). I also would keep my eye on the space Sleek has, I heard they may not stay there, but then again, that might be a rumor.
The new buildings are grey with white trim.
~NORD~

Uniqueperformancewest
02-12-2007, 07:44 PM
I have taken a look at the buildings right there near Sleekcraft but they are for medical use so that kind of sucks lol. I would look up in Hesperia/Victorville if I lived closer, I live in orange and thats a long drive to make for work.
Thanks John

Dana Marine Products
02-12-2007, 07:51 PM
There's a pretty cool building right along the 91 where Action Boats used to be. They recently closed up shop, it's just west of Serface Club over by the car dealerships.

Uniqueperformancewest
02-12-2007, 07:55 PM
Hey Dana Marine,
Are you talking about the building that Action was in, if so they leased it like three weeks ago. I looked at it too, the day I called to get info on it they signed the papers and leased it lol. Im starting to think I have really bad luck with finding a building.
John

Ivan Dan
02-12-2007, 11:20 PM
How about something like this???? (http://www.loopnet.com/xNet/MainSite/Listing/Profile/Profile.aspx?LID=14992883&RecentlyViewed=true&ItemIndex=6&PgCxtDir=Down)

boatnam2
02-13-2007, 06:16 AM
sunwest went out of buisness and it still looks empty as of yesterday.off 15 1/2 south of 91 and can be seen from freeway.

Dana Marine Products
02-13-2007, 07:57 AM
That was the building, that sucks! As I'm sure you're aware there's alot of for lease signs all over Corona, but not to many with the Freeway view. We're down off railroad and we get a ton of foot traffic.