PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Annual Hot Boat Forums Charity Fund Raiser?

SummitKarl
02-12-2007, 06:41 PM
Through the generosity of many on this board both forum members and manufactures, last year we came together to help raise nearly $2k to help a HB member in need.:D
I would like to see if you all would like to do something like this again, it's a huge undertaking to put together for me, and I could not possibly do it all myself, I would need help setting up, handing out prizes and someone to play Treasurer. sooooo.. if there is enough interest in doing this again this year I am up for it if I can get some help, and just like last year I would like to see it benefit someone on the board. so please vote above and post a suggestion of who or what to benefit.
Thanks
SK
last years flier
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2734MikeMcGookinFlyer14s.jpg

Havasu1986
02-12-2007, 06:47 PM
I had a great time last year and for a good cause. Hopefully the same weekend as the poker run again.:)

life's a river
02-12-2007, 07:47 PM
Count me in again Karl. I had a great time as well. We might get a better turn out if we do not do it the same weekend as the poker run. :idea: Just a thought.
LAR

phebus
02-12-2007, 07:57 PM
Last year was a blast, until someone pulled their car out of the silent auction :D , so hell yes, I say do it again.
WooooooooHoooooooo:)

Mrs.Racer277
02-12-2007, 08:25 PM
Last year was a great....Good turn out...This year should be even better. :)

HavasuSelect
02-12-2007, 08:48 PM
Count me in again! I still have my ***boat keychain:D It truly was a great time last year coming directly off the water to Chuys. Hope to do it again this year.

djunkie
02-12-2007, 09:56 PM
If I can make it I'll go again. Had a good time except I won't eat Chuy's food again. :yuk: :yuk:

SummitKarl
02-13-2007, 08:15 AM
Last year was a blast, until someone pulled their car out of the silent auction :D , so hell yes, I say do it again.
WooooooooHoooooooo:)
LMAO...just tossed that in the trash Saturday when I cleaned out my garage
...winning bid was $26.42:D

Sleek316
02-13-2007, 08:19 AM
Count us in

havaduner
02-13-2007, 08:28 AM
SK, sounds like a good idea, I am willing to ask that this be done in my benefit, as I am in need.
.In need of gas money for the boat!!:D

Mr. Naudio
02-13-2007, 08:28 AM
Count me and Cartoyz in.

Ziggy
02-13-2007, 08:55 AM
Looks like Karl's gonna be Sweating and Stressing..............I'm planning on being out with a few others Poker run weekend........

BarryMac
02-13-2007, 09:03 AM
Hell Yeah, make him sweat his balls off... :D
I'll be there for the Poker Run this year, would love to attend this event, might even be able to donate a few prizes again this year...

AltarGirl
02-13-2007, 09:26 AM
If I can make it I'll go again. Had a good time except I won't eat Chuy's food again. :yuk: :yuk:
Boy, you crazy :)

Ziggy
02-13-2007, 09:46 AM
Boy, you crazy :)Naw, he's got a weak gut...........;) wimp..LOL
He just ordered the wrong thing. Mom usually handles that for him.:D
:)

bigq
02-13-2007, 10:51 AM
Whos Mike?

djunkie
02-13-2007, 10:53 AM
Naw, he's got a weak gut...........;) wimp..LOL
He just ordered the wrong thing. Mom usually handles that for him.:D
I'll make sure to eat before I go this time. :D :D

waterwitch
02-13-2007, 11:43 AM
I can help, just let me know. My fee.... BEER!:D

pixilatedpussy
02-13-2007, 11:44 AM
Through the generosity of many on this board both forum members and manufactures, last year we came together to help raise nearly $2k to help a HB member in need.:D
I would like to see if you all would like to do something like this again, it's a huge undertaking to put together for me, and I could not possibly do it all myself, I would need help setting up, handing out prizes and someone to play Treasurer. sooooo.. if there is enough interest in doing this again this year I am up for it if I can get some help, and just like last year I would like to see it benefit someone on the board. so please vote above and post a suggestion of who or what to benefit.
Thanks
SK
last years flier
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2734MikeMcGookinFlyer14s.jpg
Two requests...
#1 It is on a weekend that the Pixi's can be there
#2 DJunkie cant buy anymore tix!
LMAO!:D

Mrs.Racer277
02-13-2007, 12:08 PM
Two requests...
Hey didn't you win something last year???
Jerry had to make many trips to his truck with all my winnings. WooHoo :D

djunkie
02-13-2007, 01:24 PM
Two requests...
I still owe you guys big time Pixi. I don't forget things like what you guys did. :D

SummitKarl
02-13-2007, 01:41 PM
well I got our first suggestion for a charity,
it's for one I know of here in town, "Marine Corps charity, Troops Now and Tomorrow." they send care packages to our troops overseas.
Once again Hot Boat Mag. is enthusiastic about this and ready to be the title sponsor of the event:D so there will for sure be some good Hot Boat merchandise and goodie bags at the Fund raiser.
Sooooo...it looks like I am going to roll with this and get it set up, I have already received a Good/nice PM from the poker run staff, and will be talking with them soon.
I am already working on a HUGE car show at Chuys for April 14th so that weekend is out...don't think my ticker could take two shows in one day:D
I should be able to announce a date soon.
please keep the suggestions coming
Karl

djunkie
02-13-2007, 01:42 PM
please keep the suggestions coming
Karl
Any chance on somewhere other than Chuy's? :crossx: :crossx:

phebus
02-13-2007, 01:49 PM
How about the back patio of Mudsharks?

Roaddogg 4040
02-13-2007, 01:50 PM
Karl... don't forget that the Circle Races are at Parker on the 21st and 22nd of April...
Steve

djunkie
02-13-2007, 01:55 PM
:D :D

SummitKarl
02-13-2007, 02:00 PM
good place and I can get 1/2 price on the menu there for the event,
down side..
they charge for that patio
no view
no outside bar
no stage
parking sucks
and most likely DJunkie will still get sick:D, I mean who the hells orders calamari in the middle of the desert:hammer2:
I like the set up at Chuys,
GREAT!!! stage
Killer sunset view
outside bar just to serve us
plenty of parking
room for kids
and nice soft sand to pass out in:D

djunkie
02-13-2007, 02:03 PM
good place and I can get 1/2 price on the menu there for the event,
down side..
they charge for that patio
no view
no outside bar
no stage
parking sucks
and most likely DJunkie will still get sick:D, I mean who the hells orders calamari in the middle of the desert:hammer2:
I like the set up at Chuys,
GREAT!!! stage
Killer sunset view
outside bar just to serve us
plenty of parking
room for kids
and nice soft sand to pass out in:D
Chuy's is cool Karl. Its a good party place. And it was the Carnitas that got me sick. :yuk:

Ziggy
02-13-2007, 02:10 PM
Calamari, Carnitas............its all the same, dead meat.:D
Karl, consider looking into womens groups related to our troups. Locally I know they have "wives of marines" group to help support the lonely, struggling young wives, often with newborns in the home, to cope with life without their husbands here.
Just another thought.

SummitKarl
02-13-2007, 02:17 PM
Calamari, Carnitas............its all the same, dead meat.:D
Karl, consider looking into womens groups related to our troups. Locally I know they have "wives of marines" group to help support the lonely, struggling young wives, often with newborns in the home, to cope with life without their husbands here.
Just another thought.
good idea.....I would like to see a charity in Havasu, something for or something that orginates in Havasu, but yes something to do with Kids/Family is great being that what boating is all about:D

mrs.rvrluvr
02-13-2007, 02:18 PM
Count me and Cartoyz in.
if frank is gonna be there so will we

SummitKarl
02-13-2007, 02:19 PM
Chuy's is cool Karl. Its a good party place. And it was the Carnitas that got me sick. :yuk:
I will sneak in a "Mc Kids" meal for ya
do you want the spider man or telatubies toy:D

SummitKarl
02-13-2007, 02:22 PM
Count me and Cartoyz in.
those car toys gift certs are always a big crowd favorite:D

djunkie
02-13-2007, 02:24 PM
if frank is gonna be there so will we
I'm going for sure now. :wink: :p :p

djunkie
02-13-2007, 02:24 PM
I will sneak in a "Mc Kids" meal for ya
do you want the spider man or telatubies toy:D
SPIDER MAN! SPIDER MAN!! SPIDER MAN!!!:D

phebus
02-13-2007, 02:29 PM
Karl, what about the soldier from Havasu, Patrick Tinnell that there is ongoing fund raising for a park here in town?
I bet you would be able to solicit more raffle prizes from the local community knowing it would be in honor of a soldier from town, and the proceeds would benefit the local community.

djunkie
02-13-2007, 02:33 PM
Karl, what about the soldier from Havasu, Patrick Tinnell that there is ongoing fund raising for a park here in town?
I bet you would be able to solicit more raffle prizes from the local community knowing it would be in honor of a soldier from town, and the proceeds would benefit the local community.
Is that the guy they were suposed to build the skate park for?

phebus
02-13-2007, 03:33 PM
Is that the guy they were suposed to build the skate park for?
Yes, Pfc. Patrick A. Tinnell, 25 of Lake Havasu City, was killed by an explosive device while on duty in Iraq. There is ongoing fund raising to build the skate park.
I feel it would be a good thing for a fund raiser in this town to contribute to this.

OutCole'd
02-13-2007, 03:35 PM
I'm in as long as Phebus stays the hell away from me.

JB in so cal
02-13-2007, 03:40 PM
I'm in as long as Phebus oils up my shoulders.
Who are you??!!!

SummitKarl
02-13-2007, 03:40 PM
good idea, it's on the list:D he was a very nice young man, we use to compete with each other at the Havasu Happening Burnout contest:D

SummitKarl
02-13-2007, 05:32 PM
I'm in as long as Phebus stays the hell away from me.
LOADING..............OutCole'd Macho Man Mix...track1..:jawdrop: :D

pixilatedpussy
02-13-2007, 08:58 PM
Hey didn't you win something last year???
Jerry had to make many trips to his truck with all my winnings. WooHoo :D
No:(

pixilatedpussy
02-13-2007, 08:58 PM
I still owe you guys big time Pixi. I don't forget things like what you guys did. :D
;) ;) ;) It was our pleasure~

life's a river
02-13-2007, 09:16 PM
Whos Mike?
Long story short. Mike is a fellow boater and skiracer who had a bad liver disease and moved his family (wife and kids) from Cal. to Utah to get on a shorter transplant list. His insurance would not cover the majority of the bill because he was out of state. (I don't get it either) He received his transplant back in April and is doing great. Depending on the timing of this years fund raiser, I'm sure he would love to come out and meet some of the people who helped at last years event. Several of his family members were at last years event including his parents and his cousin Gery (Catalinaskiracer) on the boards.
I'm looking forward to this years event.
LAR

pixilatedpussy
02-13-2007, 09:23 PM
Long story short. Mike is a fellow boater and skiracer who had a bad liver disease and moved his family (wife and kids) from Cal. to Utah to get on a shorter transplant list. His insurance would not cover the majority of the bill because he was out of state. (I don't get it either) He received his transplant back in April and is doing great. Depending on the timing of this years fund raiser, I'm sure he would love to come out and meet some of the people who helped at last years event. Several of his family members were at last years event including his parents and his cousin Gery (Catalinaskiracer) on the boards.
I'm looking forward to this years event.
LAR
How is he doing? Send our love!:)

life's a river
02-13-2007, 09:37 PM
How is he doing? Send our love!:)
I talked to Gery last week and he said Mike is doing Great. I'm going to send Mike an E mail and inform him of this years event.
LAR

SummitKarl
02-13-2007, 09:52 PM
No:(
Dia kept your prize?........leave it to a "B" crew member:D
ok so what day is good for the Pixi's this year:D

SummitKarl
02-13-2007, 09:53 PM
I talked to Gery last week and he said Mike is doing Great. I'm going to send Mike an E mail and inform him of this years event.
LAR
That would be cool if Mike could make it, I look foward to meeting him:)