PDA

View Full Version : Custom boat interiors, who's the best?

Bling Bling
02-12-2007, 07:22 PM
Looking for a boat interior company in So. Cal that does one off great customs. Names as well as #s would be great. Thanks

tomcat
02-12-2007, 07:28 PM
Take that hoopty thing to TJ.;)

Tom Brown
02-12-2007, 07:31 PM
Take that hoopty thing to TJ.;)
... but pull your 24s and stainless fenders off before you drop it off.

MR.rvrluvr
02-12-2007, 07:55 PM
there is a place in riverside of of vanburen I think it is called garcia brothers they have been around for a long time and have done three of my boats very good work. would highly recomend them. Don't let the name fool you I have seen schiadas, stokers, genisis, ultras, all kinds of boats in there. Good guys

OutCole'd
02-12-2007, 08:05 PM
How about these guys? (http://www.mtv.com/onair/pimp_my_ride/game/play/)

superdave013
02-12-2007, 08:11 PM
Stitchcraft, I think they are in HB

gmocnik
02-12-2007, 08:27 PM
Looking for a boat interior company in So. Cal that does one off great customs. Names as well as #s would be great. Thanks
ron tesarski (sp?) at custom canvas in montclair....

bwillieb
02-12-2007, 08:50 PM
............North Hollywood Auto Upolstery...........on Vanowen in North Hollywood.................can do any thing...........

BADBLOWN572
02-12-2007, 08:52 PM
I would recommend Designer Marine Interiors out in Corona. They do some awesome work. Have seen a bunch of their work and have never been let down. (951) 371-7000
The Garcia Brothers interiors is called Stratton Interiors. They are out in Riverside right next to the Riverside airport. They did my interior in my boat and it turned out alright. No complaints, but not flawless either. They were however about 40% below Designer on price. That is why I went with them. (951) 637-6990
Stitchcraft in Huntington Beach is hit or miss in my opinion. I have seen some over the top bad ass projects come out of there as well as some things that I can not believe left their shop. Their specialty is automotive show car interiors. They have done a lot of work on the cars for TV shows like Overhaulin. I saw one bench seat that they did. The design was ok, nothing special. The material they used was awesome, but it didn't fit the boat very well. :( They offered to re-do the seat because of the errors, but we were under a major time constraint and couldn't get it back. :( At least they offered to fix the problem. (714) 891-1316
If you want it right the first time and $$$ is not your first concern, I would recommend Designer Marine. Ross (the guy who runs their shop & you want to talk to) is probably one of the best around.

TOBTEK
02-12-2007, 09:27 PM
call Carlos at DCB for his dads #.... I hear he's really good as well. How is the paint turning out???

jbtrailerjim
02-12-2007, 09:50 PM
call Carlos at DCB for his dads #.... I hear he's really good as well. How is the paint turning out???
Carlos dad would be one of my first choices. He does the interiors for Cobra. He does real nice work.

mobldj
02-12-2007, 10:10 PM
quality upolstery in riverside,did the interior in all my show cars,good prices to.ask for ernie

BADASS38CHEVY
02-12-2007, 10:40 PM
I would recommend Designer Marine Interiors out in Corona. They do some awesome work. Have seen a bunch of their work and have never been let down. (951) 371-7000
The Garcia Brothers interiors is called Stratton Interiors. They are out in Riverside right next to the Riverside airport. They did my interior in my boat and it turned out alright. No complaints, but not flawless either. They were however about 40% below Designer on price. That is why I went with them. (951) 637-6990
Stitchcraft in Huntington Beach is hit or miss in my opinion. I have seen some over the top bad ass projects come out of there as well as some things that I can not believe left their shop. Their specialty is automotive show car interiors. They have done a lot of work on the cars for TV shows like Overhaulin. I saw one bench seat that they did. The design was ok, nothing special. The material they used was awesome, but it didn't fit the boat very well. :( They offered to re-do the seat because of the errors, but we were under a major time constraint and couldn't get it back. :( At least they offered to fix the problem. (714) 891-1316
If you want it right the first time and $$$ is not your first concern, I would recommend Designer Marine. Ross (the guy who runs their shop & you want to talk to) is probably one of the best around.
Designer Marine did mine came out perfect. I believe Lavey owns that place. Ross is a great guy he has really good ideas.

Redneck
02-13-2007, 05:18 AM
I would disagree with ya on that one had a bad experience there had to take the boat back 3 times and its still wavy and the lines are crooked. Cost me almost 2000 for a hatch and I have to get it redone now. Maybe I just got a bad deal they came very highly recommended.

Riverkid
02-13-2007, 05:23 AM
Designer Marine did mine came out perfect. I believe Lavey owns that place. Ross is a great guy he has really good ideas.
Correct...

don johnson
02-13-2007, 05:37 AM
I also say Ron at Custom Canvas in Montclair. Does only the best work.

BADBLOWN572
02-13-2007, 06:15 AM
Hmm. If so, that had to happen within the last couple of years. Designer Marine used to be owned by a guy named Kurt. I also know that Kurt owned Specialty Towing. Ross basically has run designer for the past several years. Maybe Kurt sold the company to Lavey. That I do not know.

gmocnik
02-13-2007, 06:52 AM
I also say Ron at Custom Canvas in Montclair. Does only the best work.
just a followup to my previous recommendation of ron...i also had ross at designer do a complete redo of an old hallett. good work but not "custom" or "one off" by any means. all of the other places mentioned above do alot of template work for boat manufacturers...so for that truely custom work, go see ron. don't forget your checkbook...custom does not equal affordable...

Tom Slick
02-13-2007, 07:54 AM
Hey stupid, I already told you Designer Marine in Corona. They are right around the corner from your painter!

Bling Bling
02-13-2007, 08:00 AM
It's getting there. The person that was on to paint the boat, I let go on Saturday. He could not get it together and I think the project was a bit over his head. The body work is done, it's coming out very nice. It's getting some pre rigging done this week now that we have the time. We found another painter and he starts on Friday. I think it was a blessing that the first painter did not work out. I got one person on for the interior, but don't know if it's what I want.
Thanks all for the names and #s.

atomickitn
02-13-2007, 08:10 AM
yes lavey owns designer .....and ross is ..well if you dont stay on top of him to make sure he gets it right you may not get it right the first time , i cant tell you how many times we have had to take things back because they didnt follow directions ...... and another thing he does all of our boats and has for the last 6 years , but for some reason every single one comes back different, i know we havent changed our boats in that time .....and yes they are $$$$, however when they get there s**t together it looks far better than the other guys..... just stay on top of them and bug the crap out of him ...:)

BoatFloating
02-13-2007, 08:19 AM
yes lavey owns designer .....and ross is ..well if you dont stay on top of him to make sure he gets it right you may not get it right the first time , i cant tell you how many times we have had to take things back because they didnt follow directions ...... and another thing he does all of our boats and has for the last 6 years , but for some reason every single one comes back different, i know we havent changed our boats in that time .....and yes they are $$$$, however when they get there s**t together it looks far better than the other guys..... just stay on top of them and bug the crap out of him ...:)
So did Kurt sell it to Lavey? How long ago did this happen:idea:

jackpunx
02-13-2007, 08:20 AM
Stokers are the best!:D