PDA

View Full Version : 2 free black labs to good home please read

rivergoer
02-13-2007, 01:42 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/medium/image001.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/medium/image002.jpg
just shoot me a pm if your intersted.. ill get you the info.. seems like they would be great family river dogs.. im posting for a friend at my wifes work.
Looking for family to take two black labs. See information below
Details: Black Labs, Male, Adult, Altered. Darlings Hunter and Fame are two gorgeous pure-bred labs, brothers, who find themselves needing a new home now that their owner has become too ill to care for them. They are truly wonderful dogs. The owner's grandchildren can crawl all over them and like a typical lab, they just lay there and love it. Both are neutered, and up to date on their shots. They are housebroken and are very well behaved. They are about 4 years old. Owner would love to keep these two boys together if possible; they are the best of friends.
The owner has terminal cancer and can't care for them anymore, and he'd really like to find a home for them while he's still able. He's heartbroken and hopes to find a family who can take both together.

rivergoer
02-13-2007, 02:05 PM
just keeping it at the top to make sure these boys get ono a good home..i would take them but i already have two dogs:(

charlyox
02-13-2007, 02:06 PM
I wish I had room.

boatnam2
02-13-2007, 02:11 PM
have plenty of room wish i had the time i would take them in a minute.

Strippoker
02-13-2007, 02:12 PM
Wish we could but the landlord would freak. However if they cant find anyone get in touch with these great people we donate money to them from our swimwear company and they are awesome.
http://www.searchdogfoundation.org/98/html/index.html

thumbs
02-13-2007, 02:15 PM
I sent this to my wife and she wants to discuss when I get home tonight. She rather have a puppy and I rather take an older dog that needs a home. Not sure if we are up for 2 dogs and would hate to see them separated but will think about it.
Do you know how they are around cat's?

rivergoer
02-13-2007, 02:16 PM
have plenty of room wish i had the time i would take them in a minute.
what time to pick them up???? or time to spend with them??

rivergoer
02-13-2007, 02:16 PM
I sent this to my wife and she wants to discuss when I get home tonight. She rather have a puppy and I rather take an older dog that needs a home. Not sure if we are up for 2 dogs and would hate to see them separated but will think about it.
Do you know how they are around cat's?
i could not tell you brother....sorry

Havasu_Dreamin
02-13-2007, 02:22 PM
Not sure if we are up for 2 dogs and would hate to see them separated but will think about it.
I would think separating them would not be a good thing. Especially if they have been together since they were puppies.....

boatnam2
02-13-2007, 02:23 PM
time to spend with them,we work all the time and i have had labs all my life and they need loving(lots).

rivergoer
02-13-2007, 02:26 PM
oh ok..because if it was a pick up issue i would bring them to you.. id hate to see good dogs get put down because of the pound.

jbtrailerjim
02-13-2007, 02:31 PM
I wish we had room for them. I already have a lab and a Great Dane. That would be just way too much dog shit for me. I e-mailed a link to this thread to my wife, so she can ask around at her work.

JetBoatRich
02-13-2007, 02:31 PM
oh ok..because if it was a pick up issue i would bring them to you.. id hate to see good dogs get put down because of the pound.
First off, sorry to hear about the owner.
Great looking dogs:D I don't see them going to the pound:sqeyes:
we have a yellow lab, he is awesome:D
Somebody will give them a good home

Jim W
02-13-2007, 02:39 PM
I'll flip ya $50.00 if you can deliver them..... ;)
Be good, Jim

superdave013
02-13-2007, 02:45 PM
wow, what a heart breaker. :( I lost my best friend to cancer. He told me it was the way to go because he knew it was coming. Gave him a chance to say goodbys and make arragements. Kind of like your friend is doing now.
Man, just reading this brings back all those emotions.
Those are 2 great looking dogs. We already have two and they are so old now I just can't bring in any more. I sure hope they stay together.
Rivergoer, You're a good man for helping out. I'm sure you're helping in other ways too.

boatnam2
02-13-2007, 02:46 PM
time to spend with them,we work all the time and i have had labs all my life and they need loving(lots).
bring them to norco animal shelter as last resort they will not put them dowm our last dog was in there over a year before we adopted her.

boatnam2
02-13-2007, 02:47 PM
pm me before there taken anywhere.

Deano
02-13-2007, 03:00 PM
If he cannot find a home for them to go together, I might take one. It would have to be a pretty mellow dog though. One that can hang at my office during the day. Let me know.

riverbound
02-13-2007, 03:02 PM
My yard is too small for the half pint dog I have now....or I would be all over it :(

Rexone
02-13-2007, 03:14 PM
Just a thought. The West End shelter in Ontario on Mission is a no kill shelter. They don't take strays but they do take dogs in situations such as this. Please don't let them go to the normal shelter. If I could take them I would but I already have 2.
Everything should be done to try and keep them together wherever they end up too. Dogs that grow up together will often go into deep depression when separated.

BALLSDEEP
02-13-2007, 03:15 PM
Wow word spreds quick....I just received an email at work about these same dogs.

axkiker
02-13-2007, 04:57 PM
if i was not across the country i would take them both.

redneckcharlie
02-13-2007, 05:22 PM
Ttt:)

Bradman
02-13-2007, 06:33 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/medium/image001.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/medium/image002.jpg
just shoot me a pm if your intersted.. ill get you the info.. seems like they would be great family river dogs.. im posting for a friend at my wifes work.
Looking for family to take two black labs. See information below
Details: Black Labs, Male, Adult, Altered. Darlings Hunter and Fame are two gorgeous pure-bred labs, brothers, who find themselves needing a new home now that their owner has become too ill to care for them. They are truly wonderful dogs. The owner's grandchildren can crawl all over them and like a typical lab, they just lay there and love it. Both are neutered, and up to date on their shots. They are housebroken and are very well behaved. They are about 4 years old. Owner would love to keep these two boys together if possible; they are the best of friends.
The owner has terminal cancer and can't care for them anymore, and he'd really like to find a home for them while he's still able. He's heartbroken and hopes to find a family who can take both together.
I know how difficult it would be to split them up, but if you are willing to do so, one of them would have a great home with us. We would love to have the male.

Hardly Satisfied
02-13-2007, 06:54 PM
I know how difficult it would be to split them up, but if you are willing to do so, one of them would have a great home with us. We would love to have the male.
Mike take them both

JetBoatRich
02-13-2007, 08:27 PM
Mike take them both
:D great idea:D

Kindsvater Flat
02-13-2007, 08:38 PM
Are they hunting dogs or companion dogs? I might have someone interested in both.

MudPumper
02-13-2007, 09:11 PM
I'll take both of them. Shoot me the info please.

MudPumper
02-14-2007, 06:25 AM
Any info on these dogs??? My wife and I want them.:)

boatnam2
02-14-2007, 08:16 AM
Any info on these dogs??? My wife and I want them.:)
nothing worse then wanting to help out but you cant get any info.i feel for you mp!

Wet Dream
02-14-2007, 08:39 AM
Mud, I hope you get BOTH of them. There are way too many other people on here that don't understand "would like to keep them together". You can't separate dogs like this. You'll get so much more out 2 of them than you ever will just one.

charlyox
02-14-2007, 08:44 AM
Thanks for stepping up Mudpumper. That's great.

Troy McClure
02-14-2007, 08:47 AM
MP, Try IM ing the original poster. His IM info is in his profile.
I hope you get these dogs.

BALLSDEEP
02-14-2007, 08:48 AM
I am sure this is a joke, I have received this email about 3 times already at work. I am sure the dogs are gone by now since this email has probably gone all around the world by now.

Baja Big Dog
02-14-2007, 08:58 AM
Sniff...sniffff..snifff....do I smell a scam?:confused:
Rivergoer...are you home!!!! Maybe someone should talk to riverbound since he claims to be his neibhor..........:sqeyes:
Hope Im wrong.

thumbs
02-14-2007, 08:59 AM
Mud, I hope you get BOTH of them. There are way too many other people on here that don't understand "would like to keep them together". You can't separate dogs like this. You'll get so much more out 2 of them than you ever will just one.
I think everyone understands that it's in the best interest to keep them together. Some of us have offered to take one IF they can't find a home for both. I rather see them split rather than go to a pound that might put them down.

Troy McClure
02-14-2007, 09:00 AM
I am sure this is a joke, I have received this email about 3 times already at work. I am sure the dogs are gone by now since this email has probably gone all around the world by now.
If true, that's a pretty sorry way to play people.:mad:

BALLSDEEP
02-14-2007, 09:23 AM
If true, that's a pretty sorry way to play people.:mad:
Agreed...

BobbyB
02-14-2007, 10:08 AM
If you can't find a home for them, please PM me (or boatnam), before you take them anywhere. I have 1 black lab and a Beagle. I don't need another (two) dog, but I hate to see a good dog go down.

Wet Dream
02-14-2007, 10:11 AM
I think everyone understands that it's in the best interest to keep them together. Some of us have offered to take one IF they can't find a home for both. I rather see them split rather than go to a pound that might put them down.
A rescue will NEVER put them down.

rivergoer
02-14-2007, 10:54 AM
i sent the contact info to you mud pumper...hopfully you get i touch with the owner.

MudPumper
02-15-2007, 10:20 PM
I sent an email but have not heard anything back yet?????? Does anybody know if this is a real deal or what?