The plot thickens....
http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/homepage/abox/article_1578192.php

Kilrtoy
02-13-2007, 11:19 PM
Guess I missed it, what thickened

robk
02-13-2007, 11:21 PM
Guess I missed it, what thickened
They apparently identified the person who'd leaked them... it was news to me.

wolfie
02-13-2007, 11:25 PM
The fact that the picture were leaked was very insensative, but the parents are missing a bigger problem. Their daughter thought it was alright to steal daddy's car and drive it at over 100 miles per hour, risking other lives.
I guess you have to know your priorities. Have to pay for the damaged car.
The state needs to bill the family for shutting down the toll road, emergency response & clean up. Maybe the starting point for that bill should be maybe $20,000,000?

C-2
02-13-2007, 11:25 PM
Well then, let's see how many people here eat crow.
Wasn't too hard to figure out now, was it?

C-2
02-13-2007, 11:27 PM
The fact that the picture were leaked was very insensative, but the parents are missing a bigger problem. Their daughter thought it was alright to steal daddy's car and drive it at over 100 miles per hour, risking other lives.
I guess you have to know your priorities. Have to pay for the damaged car.
The state needs to bill the family for shutting down the toll road, emergency response & clean up. Maybe the starting point for that bill should be maybe $20,000,000?
I think you need to go back and re-read all the debated threads before you start popping off. :mad:

YeLLowBoaT
02-14-2007, 01:46 AM
$20 mil as a starting price. Give me a fooking break. They should get nothing. The person that realsed the photos should be fired and the CHP needs to pubicly say sorry. Nothing more.
In the end I am glad that she was the only person to get hurt/killed. I'm very glad that no one was injured in the car SHE HIT.
More fuel for the fire
She got exactly what was coming to her... stealing the car and going over 100 mph. The only thing that would be better is if those pics where used at her HS to show what happends when you do stupid shit. Then maybe we might save a life or 2.

msc5195
02-14-2007, 02:13 AM
$20 mil as a starting price. Give me a fooking break. They should get nothing. The person that realsed the photos should be fired and the CHP needs to pubicly say sorry. Nothing more.
In the end I am glad that she was the only person to get hurt/killed. I'm very glad that no one was injured in the car SHE HIT.
More fuel for the fire
She got exactly what was coming to her... stealing the car and going over 100 mph. The only thing that would be better is if those pics where used at her HS to show what happends when you do stupid shit. Then maybe we might save a life or 2.
VERY WELL SAID! I totally agree.

Havasu Luvr
02-14-2007, 07:06 AM
The next thing you know our courts will allow first responders to sue the victims family's and estates for being un-necessarily traumatized viewing the aftermath of such an needless accident.. They should get nothing ! !

C-2
02-14-2007, 07:40 AM
I just don’t buy the idea our teenage children should die for mistakes they make. And if anybody does, then I truly feel sorry for your entire family and can only hope they see your post because it’s pathetic.
But once again, that’s a separate issue and not the topic and lawsuit at hand.
As stated before, this case will not be tried in front of a jury.
WHY?
Because, what happened was not only illegal, but also immoral, tasteless and was an egregious violation of public trust by LEO.
Any jury would see it the same way. CHP knows it, and the family knows it. You put the case in front of a jury and the sky is the limit. Why - beacuase unlike the billy-bad ass behind the keyboard mentality of some of the people who will be on this thread, some people agree it was wrong. The majority of jurors would also agree, which is why they are going to settle.
You know how bad that sounds, an investigating officer perusing accident photos for his own enjoyment and the entertainment of others?
Like I said before, I’m pissed we all have to pay for the poor decision made by an LEO officer. And I’m sure somebody on this board knows the officer, and the dispatcher who leaked the photos.

BADBLOWN572
02-14-2007, 07:54 AM
Personally, I think that the family members are 100% within their rights to be pissed. Every one of us has screwed up in some way or another. Imagine if our mistakes got aired out for everyone to see. Our parents would be criticized, siblings would be tortured at school, etc... Nothing good could come out of it. Some things need to remain private. The CHP did not do so in this case. They let confidential pictures be leaked and broadcast across the internet.
If pictures are going to be used for training/education purposes, fine. However, the identity of the person and details of what happened should remain annonymous. :(
Now with that being said, YES it was 100% the girls fault. Did she get what was comming to her??? That is a matter of personal opinion. At one point in time, we have all done stupid shit and luckily we havent had the same fate. If we did though, I do not think any one of us would want our pictures shown for our family and friends to see. :(

Mr. C
02-14-2007, 08:00 AM
I'm curious as to why the officer's name (who had no reguard for the girl or her families privacy) is not released, seems like many people arrested get slammed, slandered, and everything else in the media, but for the most part when LE does something wrong the names are usually not published.
In some cases i can understand why, but with something like this why is he protected. If i have missed his name published somewhere i appoligize.
Also, for those bashing the girl, her family, think back when you were a kid, can you honestly say you never took the car and drove like an idiot.
I know i did and i am pretty damn lucky this never happened to me.

Racer277
02-14-2007, 08:10 AM
I wonder if the criminal/cop's identity will be better protected by the CHP than the little girl's.
It appears so at this point.
To bad he isn't the one that has to shell out the 20M.

ryantparks
02-14-2007, 08:14 AM
My buddy e-mailed me those photos, the are VERY graphic and not for the lighty at heart!

Kilrtoy
02-14-2007, 08:16 AM
I wonder if the criminal/cop's identity will be better protected by the CHP than the little girl's.
It appears so at this point.
To bad he isn't the one that has to shell out the 20M.
Give me a break, until you understand the records process relax,
Oh and you will shell out the 20 mil since you pay all their salaries.
Someone possibly used some poor judgement, nothing more

Mr. C
02-14-2007, 08:22 AM
Give me a break, until you understand the records process relax,
Oh and you will shell out the 20 mil since you pay all their salaries.
Someone possibly used some poor judgement, nothing more
Not making any comment on the lawsuit.
I think it was alot more than just "poor judgement" JMHO

NOTALENT
02-14-2007, 08:33 AM
20MIL...What a crock. People can sue for anything these days....bullshit IMO.

Seadog
02-14-2007, 08:37 AM
Let's look at this logically. The investigating officer (for lack of more specifics) shows the photos to a dispatcher. While not within the pervue of the job, it was still interagency and not illegal normally. The dispatcher sent the pictures out. that was illegal, but considering the lack of training for dispatchers in some areas, can it be said that their training made this clear?
Unless they failed to document training that says any evidence is confidential, which I doubt, the only legitimate claim is against the dispatcher. Since the dispatcher is not worth anything,the lawyers are not going to mess with them. That is the problem with our legal system. It is not who is guilty, but who has money. The proper way to handle this, is to have the dispatcher apoligise to the family. Depending on the circumstance, punishment should be metted out to the dispatcher. I would not think this merits firing, but if the leak was not an isolated incident, it would. The officer involved should get a reprimand in their record.
The family and their lawyers should go suck eggs. I sympathize with their loss, but the lawsuit and finger pointing is bogus. If they were interested in justice, they would not be going after the state for $20M. They are mad that their daughter died, feeling guilty for whatever they feel went wrong, and are lashing out. And their scumbag lawyer is lining his pockets by blaming the state.

Mr. C
02-14-2007, 09:02 AM
Seadog,
not trying to start an arguement or anything like that, but what would the reason be to show a dispatcher the pics in the first place. Was it just for show and tell or is there another reason? Are they normally shown these?
Either way seems it still falls back in the officer hands to me.
Again no comment on the lawsuit.

Kilrtoy
02-14-2007, 09:09 AM
Mr.C, where do you work.
Im sure I can think of a few things that are done at your place of employment that may not fall within my acceptable levels

YeLLowBoaT
02-14-2007, 09:13 AM
Mr.C, where do you work.
Im sure I can think of a few things that are done at your place of employment that may not fall within my acceptable levels
So whats your take on this, should the person that released the photos be fired?
In most industrys if you release records, you will be fired.

Racey
02-14-2007, 09:14 AM
No one want's to see a teenager die over something so silly, but at a certain point in life you begin taking responsibility for what you do. I knew that if i stole Dad's car whether i wrecked it or not i would be dead when i got home period end of story.
As for the photo's being leaked, I don't think it's necessarily right, but they were on a public road and in the wrong, and maybe the photos will make a graphic enough point to make another kid think twice before racing their cars on the freeways.

Seadog
02-14-2007, 09:15 AM
I am not saying that it was OK to show the pictures, only that I doubt that it was illegal or even unwarranted. If the dispatcher also worked as a secretary, they could have been asked to file or duplicate the pictures for a specific purpose. Or if the dispatcher had worked the report, they could have an authorized reason to view the pictures for several purposes.
In any office, there is an element of trust. Without exact knowledge of why the dispatcher was given access to the pictures, I have to think that it was not a offense. If details show that the officer was involved in the posting or had knowledge of the posting prior to it happening, that is a different story.

Deano
02-14-2007, 09:18 AM
She got exactly what was coming to her... stealing the car and going over 100 mph.
Yea, she got what she deserved for stealing her dads car and going 100.
Death? Give me a break. If you had a daughter that did this and didn’t crash, but got caught by the authorities. Would you think the death penalty is best for her? You might be a sick fuk just like the dispatcher that got off by releasing the photos.
Do you watch snuf videos?

Mr. C
02-14-2007, 09:19 AM
Mr.C, where do you work.
Kilrtoy,
I work in the movie industry.
I'm not disagreeing with you on that, like i said not trying to argue. we all get perks from our jobs.
If i was to give someone a dvd of an acadamy screener and he or she put it up on you tube or wherever it would come back to me not the person. If i had never given it out it would of never been an issue.

Mr. C
02-14-2007, 09:21 AM
So whats your take on this, should the person that released the photos be fired?
In most industrys if you release records, you will be fired.
yes i would be fired on the spot.

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
02-14-2007, 09:25 AM
More fuel for the fire
She got exactly what was coming to her...
I don't know why this comment pisses me off as much as it does. Other than just being a flat-out stupid thing to say, I guess it the heartless short-sightedness that gets me. Did she screw up? Hell yes. Did she DESERVE TO DIE FOR IT? Fawk no. I am doing my best not to call you an asshole for that comment but I'll tell ya that it isn't right.

seanv
02-14-2007, 09:28 AM
Let's look at this logically. The investigating officer (for lack of more specifics) shows the photos to a dispatcher. While not within the pervue of the job, it was still interagency and not illegal normally. The dispatcher sent the pictures out. that was illegal, but considering the lack of training for dispatchers in some areas, can it be said that their training made this clear?
If they failed to document training that says any evidence is confidential, which I doubt, the only legitimate claim is against the dispatcher. Since the dispatcher is not worth anything,the lawyers are not going to mess with them. That is the problem with our legal system. It is not who is guilty, but who has money. The proper way to handle this, is to have the dispatcher apoligise to the family. Depending on the circumstance, punishment should be metted out to the dispatcher. I would not think this merits firing, but if the leak was not an isolated incident, it would. The officer involved should get a reprimand in their record.
The family and their lawyers should go suck eggs. I sympathize with their loss, but the lawsuit and finger pointing is bogus. If they were interested in justice, they would not be going after the state for $20M. They are mad that their daughter died, feeling guilty for whatever they feel went wrong, and are lashing out. And their scumbag lawyer is lining his pockets by blaming the state.
this is one if not the BEST post on this topic. i wouldnt award the family .20 let alone 20mil

C-2
02-14-2007, 09:29 AM
I believe dispatchers are non-sworn employees, anybody know the answer to that?

jbtrailerjim
02-14-2007, 09:35 AM
More fuel for the fire
WTF is wrong with you? What an insensitive shitty thing to say. Would you feel the same way is she was a family member or friend of yours? Would you feel that way if it was your daughter? We were all teenagers at once and we all did some stupid things. She absolutely didn't deserve to die. She made a horrible and tragic mistake.

seanv
02-14-2007, 09:40 AM
question. should the toll booth worker then be allowed to sue the family for 21mil for attempted vehicular manslaughter? or the honda driver that was rear ended? or the tow rig driver that had to see sauch a horrific scene or? or? or?
where do we stop people? this was a bad deal that ended the life of someone. will 20mil bring her back? not hardly. but, in this pussified society we let happen, these stupid lawsuits will continue until we stiffen up the guide lines for such litigations.

C-2
02-14-2007, 09:44 AM
question. should the toll booth worker then be allowed to sue the family for 21mil for attempted vehicular manslaughter? or the honda driver that was rear ended? or the tow rig driver that had to see sauch a horrific scene or? or? or?
where do we stop people? this was a bad deal that ended the life of someone. will 20mil bring her back? not hardly. but, in this pussified society we let happen, these stupid lawsuits will continue until we stiffen up the guide lines for such litigations.
The basis of the claim was over the illegal release of the photos, not the cause or fault of the accident. I think we all agree it was her fault.
And yes, punitive damages sometimes slap us into shape. That's their purpose, the same as when mommy and daddy used to beat our asses.

Biglue
02-14-2007, 09:59 AM
WTF is wrong with you? What an insensitive shitty thing to say. Would you feel the same way is she was a family member or friend of yours? Would you feel that way if it was your daughter? We were all teenagers at once and we all did some stupid things. She absolutely didn't deserve to die. She made a horrible and tragic mistake.
He's always got some form of against the grain in his posts. Don't always agree with what he says either. The girl focked up royally and it cost her her life. Enough said. At the end of the day its her parents lamenting and mourning her passing the way it happened. Some people need to STFU at times because WE AS PARENTS can be facing what that family is going through at anytime. I know I wouldn't want to hear some assholes remark like that if it were me and my family. Common decency and half or brain would tell you that.
Now as far as the law suit, I think it's a horrible idea to go through with that. I do believe the family needs to face the fact that their daughter took her life into her own hands and risked many others at the same time. The person who leaked the photos should be made responsible for violation of their privacy. But not to the extent of the lawsuit but discipline wise.

wolfie
02-14-2007, 10:17 AM
He's always got some form of against the grain in his posts. Don't always agree with what he says either. The girl focked up royally and it cost her her life. Enough said. At the end of the day its her parents lamenting and mourning her passing the way it happened. Some people need to STFU at times because WE AS PARENTS can be facing what that family is going through at anytime. I know I wouldn't want to hear some assholes remark like that if it were me and my family. Common decency and half or brain would tell you that.
Now as far as the law suit, I think it's a horrible idea to go through with that. I do believe the family needs to face the fact that their daughter took her life into her own hands and risked many others at the same time. The person who leaked the photos should be made responsible for violation of their privacy. But not to the extent of the lawsuit but discipline wise.
I agree totally. The people involved in the leak of the photos need to be held responsible for what they did. Not just because they may have hurt the feelings of the family, but because it is against policy. Firing should definitely be an option. People need to be held accountable for their actions.
As far as a lawsuit? I think it is completely rediculous. Next they'll be sueing Porsche for making a car that allowed their daughter to drive at those speeds.

Baja Big Dog
02-14-2007, 10:23 AM
OK, now Im pissed, lets take a poll,
How many of you have experinced the ultimate low in life, not losing a favorite dog, not sinking your 100k boat, not wrecking your prized car, not losing your house to a fire......
But suffered from the unlimate no no in life, and is putting YOUR child in a grave. For WHATEVER reason.
I can say you cant comment on this until you have put yourself in the shoes of these parents, well trust me, this is a comment that cannot and will not be justified, this is an experience that no one wishes on their worst enemy, it is the lowest of lows, and some people never get over it, trust me!
Read the post, they are sueing for releasing pictures of a dead child, yes a child, regardless of age, regardless of how much money they have, regardless of what led up to the horific results that are pictured, regardless of it being the result of a lack of training (come on!), regardless of what ever stupid unthought of comments that are made (She had it comming!!), what a show of intelligents, the utter stupidity of comments that have nothing to do with the thread, its amazing the lack of thought that some people will use just to get the post count up! Next time just put the :devil: or if your happy about the stupid comment you made that had nothing to do with the real situation then put up a :) , and move on.
This is the best forum that you and I will have access to but sometimes the line is crossed.
Those of you that have delt with first hand as I have will understand my comments, those of you that have not directly dealt with this that understand what these people went through will understand my comments, and then the ones that will realize or realized when they posted stupid comments that are too proud to appoligize know that your appoligy is accepted, printed or not!
Now lets all have a good day (this comment was brought to you by Prozac!)

bunny 166
02-14-2007, 10:29 AM
Personally, I think that the family members are 100% within their rights to be pissed. Every one of us has screwed up in some way or another. Imagine if our mistakes got aired out for everyone to see. Our parents would be criticized, siblings would be tortured at school, etc... Nothing good could come out of it. Some things need to remain private. The CHP did not do so in this case. They let confidential pictures be leaked and broadcast across the internet.
If pictures are going to be used for training/education purposes, fine. However, the identity of the person and details of what happened should remain annonymous. :(
Now with that being said, YES it was 100% the girls fault. Did she get what was comming to her??? That is a matter of personal opinion. At one point in time, we have all done stupid shit and luckily we havent had the same fate. If we did though, I do not think any one of us would want our pictures shown for our family and friends to see. :(
Good post Danny--Yes, it was her fault, and her family will suffer for as long as they live with their loss. We all did stupid stuff when we were younger--hell, there's even been threads about the stupid shit you pulled when you were a kid...Yes, she is damn lucky she didn't kill anyone else, and maybe I would feel different if she would have taken out my family on her joy ride, but her family doesn't deserve to have her pics blasted all over the internet. I've seen them--they are horrific. I know Rock-a-bye baby and others on this board drive by that site many times a week--I pass it at least 4 times a week myself. I think of her everytime I go through that booth and the torture her family is dealing with. I think someone should pay for leaking the pictures--If it were my daughter, I'd do the same. :( JMO...
By the way, there is no attendant at that booth; you just drop money in the bucket or pre-pay with fastrak...

C-2
02-14-2007, 10:37 AM
I’m not a proponent of any litigation, especially against government agencies.
However, in this case, the family has suffered actual and I’m sure future damages as the result of the leak. Should the family bear the costs of this illegal act, both financially and emotionally? I don’t think so.
Fawk, their kids dropped out of school because they were being stared at like freaks. That’s not going away anytime soon. It breaks my heart to think what those kids must be going thru. What type of price do you put on that?
As I said before, sometimes people sue for various reasons, not just a payday. The mother sounds receptive with her comments about CHP making the right choice (and trust me, they didn’t do it out of the kindness of their hearts – they are purely mitigating their damages).
We’ll see how it shakes out.

C-2
02-14-2007, 10:39 AM
I agree totally. The people involved in the leak of the photos need to be held responsible for what they did. Not just because they may have hurt the feelings of the family, but because it is against policy. Firing should definitely be an option. People need to be held accountable for their actions.
As far as a lawsuit? I think it is completely rediculous. Next they'll be sueing Porsche for making a car that allowed their daughter to drive at those speeds.
And wolfie, sorry I jumped your shi*t last night, It was uncalled for and I'm sorry.;)

Biglue
02-14-2007, 10:46 AM
OK, now Im pissed, lets take a poll,
How many of you have experinced the ultimate low in life, not losing a favorite dog, not sinking your 100k boat, not wrecking your prized car, not losing your house to a fire......
But suffered from the unlimate no no in life, and is putting YOUR child in a grave. For WHATEVER reason.
I can say you cant comment on this until you have put yourself in the shoes of these parents, well trust me, this is a comment that cannot and will not be justified, this is an experience that no one wishes on their worst enemy, it is the lowest of lows, and some people never get over it, trust me!
Read the post, they are sueing for releasing pictures of a dead child, yes a child, regardless of age, regardless of how much money they have, regardless of what led up to the horific results that are pictured, regardless of it being the result of a lack of training (come on!), regardless of what ever stupid unthought of comments that are made (She had it comming!!), what a show of intelligents, the utter stupidity of comments that have nothing to do with the thread, its amazing the lack of thought that some people will use just to get the post count up! Next time just put the :devil: or if your happy about the stupid comment you made that had nothing to do with the real situation then put up a :) , and move on.
This is the best forum that you and I will have access to but sometimes the line is crossed.
Those of you that have delt with first hand as I have will understand my comments, those of you that have not directly dealt with this that understand what these people went through will understand my comments, and then the ones that will realize or realized when they posted stupid comments that are too proud to appoligize know that your appoligy is accepted, printed or not!
Now lets all have a good day (this comment was brought to you by Prozac!)
That is one of my biggest fears man, I'm sure many parents share that with me. I couldn't even imagine what it is like. I sincerely wish that you are granted the strength to cope with that experience. Sorry to hear about your loss.

sdpm
02-14-2007, 10:54 AM
More fuel for the fire
She got exactly what was coming to her... stealing the car and going over 100 mph. The only thing that would be better is if those pics where used at her HS to show what happends when you do stupid shit. Then maybe we might save a life or 2.[/QUOTE]
WOW! That's all I can say!

redneckcharlie
02-14-2007, 10:57 AM
First let me say, its very unfortunate a young lady died! With that being said, and not trying to sound insensitive. Where is the expectation of privacy coming from? This was an act that was brought on by someones irresponsibility. I think its extremely unfortunate the family has to see the photos and deal with this, but the fact is the daughter did this. What if a passerby was the first there and took those photos? Is that illegal? Can they sue them? This accident occured on a public road, I really think someone feeling like they have any expectation of privacy in a situation like this is absolutely misguided. The people that have expressed the feeling the family has alot of guilt are most likely correct. I can almost guarantee that this young lady had exhibited that type of behavior in the past, and it probably went unchecked. How is filing a lawsuit and dragging this tragedy out going to protect their other children? Its not. Someone has a monetary motivation for this course of action. To me, that is way below photos being seen.

Cole Trickle
02-14-2007, 11:17 AM
First let me say, its very unfortunate a young lady died! With that being said, and not trying to sound insensitive. Where is the expectation of privacy coming from? This was an act that was brought on by someones irresponsibility. I think its extremely unfortunate the family has to see the photos and deal with this, but the fact is the daughter did this. What if a passerby was the first there and took those photos? Is that illegal? Can they sue them? This accident occured on a public road, I really think someone feeling like they have any expectation of privacy in a situation like this is absolutely misguided. The people that have expressed the feeling the family has alot of guilt are most likely correct. I can almost guarantee that this young lady had exhibited that type of behavior in the past, and it probably went unchecked. How is filing a lawsuit and dragging this tragedy out going to protect their other children? Its not. Someone has a monetary motivation for this course of action. To me, that is way below photos being seen.
I agree with alot of this.
Pictures are taken daily exploiting someones privacy. I imagine half of teh people on this board watch ET , the E channel or have bought a tabloid magazine atleast once in there life. the celebrities can't do anything about the photos taken in a public place.(Brittney,anna Nicole,etc..)
With that being said I never clicked on the photos because I don't want to see things like that. I think it is amazingly sad that this young woman lost her life being irresponsible. (I would still like to know what time it happend and if there were drugs or alcohol involved)
I think the people that leaked the photos should be fired and that the parents should be thankfull there daughter didn't take anyone else with her.I don't think they deserve one dollar in damages.

wolfie
02-14-2007, 11:21 AM
And wolfie, sorry I jumped your shi*t last night, It was uncalled for and I'm sorry.;)
No offense taken. This is a very hot issue. We all have very strong opinions about subjects dealing with our kids. I may not have stated my position as well as I had intended. For that I apologize. I am not unfeeling for the families. I have lost an unfortunate number of people in my family within the last few years (my brother and father with whom I was very close being two of them) so I understand their lfeelings of loss. I think that their feeling should have been taken into consideration before releasing the photos. The part I am amazed at is the fact that so many people are so quick to sue. It's an unfortunate part of our society. The fact that their daughter had something to do with the accident has been lost.
I'm sure that the $20,000,000 figure is just an opportunistic lawyer involved in that figure. Do I think that they deserve something? I don't know. Maybe for the pain of seeing their daughter's unfortunate accident spead across the nation through the internet due to a public employee disregarding policy. But the amount just seems rediculous. Again, there was some involvement by the daughter.
If I seem callous I apologize. I just have a hard time with the attitudes lately.
One of the reasons I left So. Cal. is that the environment my son was exposed to. Tthe " I want mine", " I'm going to give my kid everything that I didn't have" , " I don't want my kid to have to work as had as I did for things", "it's not my kids fault that they did this, it's societies fault", and the "Boys will be boys, I did thing like that when I was his age" attitudes. This permissiveness is more dangerous to the child than people realize.
This to me seemed to fit the pattern. If it doesn't then I again apologize. I may be mistaken. It wouldn't be the first time and won't be the last. Just ask my wife, she'll be more than happy to tell you that I'm wrong as that's her enjoyment in life.

Baja Big Dog
02-14-2007, 11:24 AM
More fuel for the fire
WOW! That's all I can say![/QUOTE]
Hey Einstein, never drove over a 100 MPH (LIAR), ever drove in a stupid manor (liar), guess what, as stupid and moronic as your comments are I (and Ill bet nobody on this fourm) wishes death to you!!!

Kilrtoy
02-14-2007, 01:01 PM
Kilrtoy,
I work in the movie industry.
I'm not disagreeing with you on that, like i said not trying to argue. we all get perks from our jobs.
If i was to give someone a dvd of an acadamy screener and he or she put it up on you tube or wherever it would come back to me not the person. If i had never given it out it would of never been an issue.
You havent I know a few who have and have been caught, and NOTHING HAPPENED. I have seen movies months before release, granted they are still not the finished product, but none the less, the movie from the company. It is common practice in your business

Kilrtoy
02-14-2007, 01:05 PM
Im just curious where everyone is geting their info
THE NEWSPAPERS AND NEWS ON TV...
Sorry, they never ever ever lie or tell a story that is not the truth.:rolleyes:
Back to arguing people.

OCMerrill
02-14-2007, 01:16 PM
I have said this before in posts previous. It was a tragedy. Did the girl get what was coming to her...GOD NO! "She deserved it" give me a focking break. What an uneducated, down right back wards ass comments some of these are.
Now here is where I become unpopular - There is no way this was a first offense for this teen. Stealing a car - There were issues here long before this incident. I fault the parents for her getting the keys in the first place. I believe her parents bare some blame in this horrific situation and the lawsuit...Will a lawsuit shift some of the blame and the focus off the parents?...Absolutly. I am not down playing the fact that I am sure they are devastated beyond words.
Should the pictures have made it to the internet? Lets face it...people like to LOOK! Not all but...I did not look at all the pics. I stopped and just decided I did not need the memory. Yes I am in control of ME.
Were their Rights" violated? Tough to say. Policy was and that might equal money. Most policies like this are put in place because of previous litigation.
I have never lost a loved one and couldn't imagine loosing one of my kids. Fact is the daughter stole the car and made a critical error. There is more to blame here than just the CHP officer that made the bad judgment call. The fact that the officer broke policy most likely will win a judgment at some point. A Judgment you and I will have to pay for.
So maybe an official apology from both the parents of this girl (again very sad) and the CHP. They both fawked up.:(

little rowe boat
02-14-2007, 01:19 PM
The girl made a fatal mistake. Did she deserve to die for this mistake ?absolutely fuc ing not. Anyone that thinks she got what she deserved is a fn insensitive assh0le.
Did the Chp/ an officer screw up by releasing some pics? fn right he or she did and should be disciplined appropriately. Should the family of the dead girl collect the sum of 20 mil. because of someones screw up? I don't think so.
I am sorry for the families loss but not to the sum of 20 mil.

Mr. C
02-14-2007, 01:22 PM
You havent I know a few who have and have been caught, and NOTHING HAPPENED. I have seen movies months before release, granted they are still not the finished product, but none the less, the movie from the company. It is common practice in your business
they are lucky, and yes people do it.
so you are saying it is common practice for this to happen in LE depts.
I guess if you do it and don't get caught that makes it okay.
like i said not looking to argue:D

Kilrtoy
02-14-2007, 01:40 PM
they are lucky, and yes people do it.
so you are saying it is common practice for this to happen in LE depts.
I guess if you do it and don't get caught that makes it okay.
like i said not looking to argue:D
Read post 46...
And YES CILIVIANS do process everything up and down the legal system...
So who knows what really happened...

Mr. C
02-14-2007, 01:44 PM
Read post 46...
And YES CILIVIANS do process everything up and down the legal system...
So who knows what really happened...
Why ***boat of course:)
fair enough

superdave013
02-14-2007, 01:47 PM
No one want's to see a teenager die over something so silly, but at a certain point in life you begin taking responsibility for what you do. I knew that if i stole Dad's car whether i wrecked it or not i would be dead when i got home period end of story.
yeah but tell the truth, you did it anyway didn't you? lol
I know I sure did. Right up to the point when Mom and dad were going to church on a Sunday. There was dad's wagon complete with missing hub cap and about 20' of chain link fence hanging out of the back of the car. Opps
Man, chain link is a bitch to cut off a driveshaft with a hangover (and a major beating).

vdrivenman
02-14-2007, 01:54 PM
I beleive the driver of the porsche was old enough to know the consequences for her actions. impared or not she stole the car,drove at high speed w/o regard for herself or others. she paid the ultimate price!
did the famalies of those who died in the towers on 911 or the pentagon sue for the repeated showing of footage. how many times did they relive that nightmare.how many scared children,wifes,husbands,mom's & dad's have that image forever in their mind.
both sides made a conscious choice to violate the law or policy knowing full well the outcome! you play you pay.
20 mil won't fix shit !!!

sdpm
02-14-2007, 02:08 PM
WOW! That's all I can say!
Hey Einstein, never drove over a 100 MPH (LIAR), ever drove in a stupid manor (liar), guess what, as stupid and moronic as your comments are I (and Ill bet nobody on this fourm) wishes death to you!!![/QUOTE]
I didn't write this. I was quoteing it from another post.

wolfie
02-14-2007, 02:24 PM
Just to clear the air, I want to go on record by saying that in none of my posts where the statements that I thought "she got what she deserved". I want to make sure that my posts are not confused with any statements leaning towrds that conviction.

Baja Big Dog
02-14-2007, 07:47 PM
Just to clear the air, I want to go on record by saying that in none of my posts where the statements that I thought "she got what she deserved". I want to make sure that my posts are not confused with any statements leaning towrds that conviction.
Youre a man....:)

Kilrtoy
02-14-2007, 07:55 PM
I beleive the driver of the porsche was old enough to know the consequences for her actions. impared or not she stole the car,drove at high speed w/o regard for herself or others. she paid the ultimate price!
did the famalies of those who died in the towers on 911 or the pentagon sue for the repeated showing of footage. how many times did they relive that nightmare.how many scared children,wifes,husbands,mom's & dad's have that image forever in their mind.
both sides made a conscious choice to violate the law or policy knowing full well the outcome! you play you pay.
20 mil won't fix shit !!!
WITH THAT SAID
THIS CASE IS CLOSED

MBlaster
02-14-2007, 08:48 PM
That family and their lawyers will be cashing some big checks very soon.
LEO has a rough job but they do some stupid shiat that cost us all money.

RaceFace
02-14-2007, 09:03 PM
I made the mistake of emailing the pictures to a few friends before I saw them all....and boy I heard about it. I actually felt bad by contributing to the circulation of those and I apologized to my buddies for it. IMHO no parent should have to see pictures like that of their child, no matter what the circumstances are, fault or no fault. My boys are 4 and 7 and as Im sure every parent feels as their children reach driving age, it scares the hell out of me...and I DEFINATELY wouldn't want to have people I know and strangers emailing my family the pictures of the tragedy that my family had just gone through. Just my .02.

Baja Big Dog
02-14-2007, 10:53 PM
I made the mistake of emailing the pictures to a few friends before I saw them all....and boy I heard about it. I actually felt bad by contributing to the circulation of those and I apologized to my buddies for it. IMHO no parent should have to see pictures like that of their child, no matter what the circumstances are, fault or no fault. My boys are 4 and 7 and as Im sure every parent feels as their children reach driving age, it scares the hell out of me...and I DEFINATELY wouldn't want to have people I know and strangers emailing my family the pictures of the tragedy that my family had just gone through. Just my .02.
Race...your .02 cents is worth a million dollars!!! Make sure those kids know how you feel. Every day............

blown65
02-14-2007, 11:03 PM
I like what you said right there. Seems everyone (ok not everyone but quite a few) are either dwelling on the girls mis-judgment or the LE unbelievable choice in releasing the pictures. I don't know if I personally agree with the 10 million, maybe I'd feel better if they did sue but donate the majority of it to some sort of cause. I know the last thing I'd want is my family to see gruesome pictures of my daughter all over the internet. I too would probably be out for blood of those responsible of that.
At the least, those responsible for the release of those pictures should be fired.

riverroyal
02-15-2007, 04:51 PM
I did,if it was my son I think I would sue.Just to prove a point,then donate the money to some worthy cause

RaceFace
02-15-2007, 04:57 PM
Race...your .02 cents is worth a million dollars!!! Make sure those kids know how you feel. Every day............
I let them know it every day. They are my world and I would probably split right down the middle if anything happened to them.
Thanks for the words Baja.