PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the Laker talk around here?

DILLIGAF
02-14-2007, 12:30 PM
I know why the Clipper tallk has been quiet...simply because they have been sucking and it just isn't getting better.
Seems the LF's hit the exit also as their team is sucking big ass right now. I knew they couldn't keep it up. When they were playing .700 ball everybody was saying they were only going to get better. Not a chance. Please don't use the injury thing as an excuse as everybody has to deal with that stuff. That is why you play the ENTIRE season peeps. Not 20 games or so.....lol
Alright, back to your originally scheduled bickering, swapping, rants and parties on HB............

Hustler
02-14-2007, 12:33 PM
Your right They are sucking big ASS right now:(

dmontzsta
02-14-2007, 12:47 PM
Are you seriously going to come in and talk some crap? Injuries are an excuse, they have been struggling with them and it does effect it. What is the clippers excuse? The Lakers are still better and have had their entire starting lineup out at one point or another. They have not all been able to play together...STILL.
lol.
The Lakers will be just fine, I dont know about the clippers though.
You must realize the Lakers are missing 2 starters. Luke Walton who really is the glue of that team, he scores 10-12ppg, hustles and gets players easy shots. Kwame Brown, the defense on the inside, he scores 8-10ppg, sucks up 8-10rpg and stops people from dominating them on the inside. They had a 8 game road trip and now get to lick their wounds at home for a bit and wait.
Rumor is the Nets are close to accepting the Lakers offer for Jason Kidd, if they land Kidd, you are going to be talking about instant contenders.
Bynum
Odom
Walton
Kobe
Kidd
Good night. :D
If they do not land Kidd, they will be working on Bibby. PJ has already said they are one key player away and that is at the point.

SHOTKALLIN
02-14-2007, 12:48 PM
Whats this I hear about Garnet wanting to be a Laker?

DILLIGAF
02-14-2007, 12:56 PM
Don...the ultimate HOMER!
lol
What is the record since Mr TD himself has come back? I think 3-8....I told you Don but you would not listen to me.
Try to listen occasionally to others and get out of that tunnel you seem to be in all the time.

DILLIGAF
02-14-2007, 01:01 PM
NO EXCUSE GIVEN
I know why the Clipper tallk has been quiet...simply because they have been sucking and it just isn't getting better.
NOTHING BUT EXCUSES GIVEN
Are you seriously going to come in and talk some crap? Injuries are an excuse, they have been struggling with them and it does effect it. What is the clippers excuse? The Lakers are still better and have had their entire starting lineup out at one point or another. They have not all been able to play together...STILL.
lol.
You must realize the Lakers are missing 2 starters. Luke Walton who really is the glue of that team, he scores 10-12ppg, hustles and gets players easy shots. Kwame Brown, the defense on the inside, he scores 8-10ppg, sucks up 8-10rpg and stops people from dominating them on the inside. They had a 8 game road trip and now get to lick their wounds at home for a bit and wait.
Rumor is the Nets are close to accepting the Lakers offer for Jason Kidd, if they land Kidd, you are going to be talking about instant contenders.
Bynum
Odom
Walton
Kobe
Kidd
If they do not land Kidd, they will be working on Bibby. PJ has already said they are one key player away and that is at the point.

dmontzsta
02-14-2007, 01:07 PM
So you go away and then come back making youself look ever worse! Dude, you are in sad shape. You obviously do not know what you are talking about, so I will end it here. I will talk some crap when the Lakers are in the playoffs and the clippers are watching them from home.
You are very delusional if you do not see what is going on. They are still a top 8 team with injuries.

dmontzsta
02-14-2007, 01:09 PM
Also, Walton left during Odoms comeback game and the Lakers are 3-7 now without Walton, you is a big asset.

DILLIGAF
02-14-2007, 01:10 PM
So you go away and then come back making youself look ever worse! Dude, you are in sad shape. You obviously do not know what you are talking about, so I will end it here. I will talk some crap when the Lakers are in the playoffs and the clippers are watching them from home.
You are very delusional if you do not see what is going on. They are still a top 8 team with injuries.
Last time I looked Don...so are the Clippers and that isn't saying much.
Sounds like you want to argue but it is too painful for you. I was just asking a question on what happened to all the Lakers talk. I fully understand where the Clippers talk went as they aren't winning and it is as simple as that.
Just for Don.......Current Western playoff teams IF it started today:
1 Mavericks* -
2 Suns* 3.5
3 Jazz* 8.5
4 Spurs 9.0
5 Rockets 9.5
6 Lakers 13.5
7 Nuggets 16.0
8 Clippers 18.0

Old Texan
02-14-2007, 01:12 PM
lol.
Bynum
Odom
Walton
Kobe
Kidd
Is the league going to allow 2 balls on the floor?
To quote Doc Holiday, "One for each of 'em" (Kobe and Kidd):D
All Laker plays run thru Kobe don't they?:idea:

DILLIGAF
02-14-2007, 01:18 PM
Is the league going to allow 2 balls on the floor?
To quote Doc Holiday, "One for each of 'em" (Kobe and Kidd):D
All Laker plays run thru Kobe don't they?:idea:
Maybe Kobe becomes the all time 3 point chucker?
:)

dmontzsta
02-14-2007, 01:39 PM
Sounds like you want to argue but it is too painful for you. I was just asking a question on what happened to all the Lakers talk. I fully understand where the Clippers talk went as they aren't winning and it is as simple as that.
1 Mavericks* -
2 Suns* 3.5
3 Jazz* 8.5
4 Spurs 9.0
5 Rockets 9.5
6 Lakers 13.5
7 Nuggets 16.0
8 Clippers 18.0
The Laker talk was only to put you in your place, when you get all loud. The Laker fans never really attacked until they were provoked. It looks like you are asking for it again though.
Would you like us to post up every time they win or lose a game? it is a long season and I know most people on HB dont want to see 82+ Laker threads.
I am glad to see you can go on NBA.com and pull up the standings. Dont forget to mention that Minnesota has caught heat and are only .5 game behind the clippers, so the clippers better walk a straight path (unlikely) or the T-Wolves are going to mow right past them. Then you have New Orleans only 1 game behind the clippers, Golden State only 1.5 and Sacramento only 2 games behind, that last spot is going to be earned, lets see if the clippers can earn the last playoff spot! lol.
If the Lakers get Kidd, I dont see it as a problem. Kobe has been VERY unselfish and will continue to be. You would have Kobe, Lamar, Walton and Kidd all assist type guys on the floor, they would get theirs.
Expect the Lakers to be in the 4-6 spot, once Walton and Kwame come back. Or a trade is made.

acatitude
02-14-2007, 01:40 PM
The Laker talk was only to put you in your place, when you get all loud. The Laker fans never really attacked until they were provoked. It looks like you are asking for it again though.
Would you like us to post up every time they win or lose a game? it is a long season and I know most people on HB dont want to see 82+ Laker threads.
I am glad to see you can go on NBA.com and pull up the standings. Dont forget to mention that Minnesota has caught heat and are only .5 game behind the clippers, so the clippers better walk a straight path (unlikely) or the T-Wolves are going to mow right past them. Then you have New Orleans only 1 game behind the clippers, Golden State only 1.5 and Sacramento only 2 games behind, that last spot is going to be earned, lets see if the clippers can earn the last playoff spot! lol.
If the Lakers get Kidd, I dont see it as a problem. Kobe has been VERY unselfish and will continue to be. You would have Kobe, Lamar, Walton and Kidd all assist type guys on the floor, they would get theirs.
blah blah blah........ homer:D :D
but rumor has it Bibby is on the block

h2oski2fast
02-14-2007, 01:42 PM
Seems the LF's hit the exit also as their team is sucking big ass right now. I knew they couldn't keep it up. When they were playing .700 ball everybody was saying they were only going to get better. Not a chance. Please don't use the injury thing as an excuse as everybody has to deal with that stuff. That is why you play the ENTIRE season peeps. Not 20 games or so.....lol
Alright, back to your originally scheduled bickering, swapping, rants and parties on HB............
It's kind of odd that the only time you bring up the Lakers is when they are on a slow streak.

Jyruiz
02-14-2007, 01:44 PM
You are right, and the season is not over yet, so what is your point? You also said the Clipps were going to be better than the Lakers this season and you were wrong, so why listen to you.:D
The Lakers are just going thru a bad time right now, every team goes thru that, well, except the Suns and Mavs of course. Maybe the Lakers took a page from the Clipps last year and are loosing games to sure up that 6 seed and have an easier apponent in the first round, who knows, but the season is not over yet.

Wild Horses
02-14-2007, 02:33 PM
1 Mavericks* -
2 Suns* 3.5
3 Jazz* 8.5
4 Spurs 9.0
5 Rockets 9.5
6 Lakers 13.5
7 Nuggets 16.0
8 Clippers 18.0
How about them JAZZ!!!!!!!!!

DILLIGAF
02-14-2007, 02:51 PM
You are right, and the season is not over yet, so what is your point?
You also said the Clipps were going to be better than the Lakers this season and you were wrong, so why listen to you.
You LF's are making this way to easy....lol So, Juan...what was your point again?

DILLIGAF
02-14-2007, 02:52 PM
It's kind of odd that the only time you bring up the Lakers is when they are on a slow streak.
Read it again Dennis. I KNOW why the Clips have fallen off the board but am just curious as to why the Lakers have?
I am in the kitchen making up some grub and have to go stir the pot a bit :)

DILLIGAF
02-14-2007, 02:55 PM
Expect the Lakers to be in the 4-6 spot, once Walton and Kwame come back. Or a trade is made.
Me...talking loud? lol I have given props to the Lakers many times this season but also mentioned that for them continue as they were was unrealistic. I also mentioned how disappointed I was concerning the Clips.
You LF's have some tremendously thin skin...lol

dmontzsta
Read it again Dennis. I KNOW why the Clips have fallen off the board but am just curious as to why the Lakers have? :)
So DILLF, why have the clippers fallen off?
Also, you were told why the Lakers fell off, but you dont see injury as a valid reason.

cxr133
lol.
Bynum
Odom
Walton
Kobe
Kidd
BLAH BLAH BLAH.....:D
Shaquille o'Neal Wins CHAMPIONSHIPS:rolleyes:

DILLIGAF
02-14-2007, 02:57 PM
So DILLF, why have the clippers fallen off?
Because they have been playing terrible Mr Don.....No excuses. Wasn't it you that said the Lakers had just about the best bench in the NBA. Well, they sure the **** aren't proving it.
You my friend are myopic :)

DILLIGAF
02-14-2007, 02:57 PM

dmontzsta
02-14-2007, 03:05 PM
One player cannot win championships, it takes a team.

dmontzsta
02-14-2007, 03:06 PM
Because they have been playing terrible Mr Don.....No excuses. Wasn't it you that said the Lakers had just about the best bench in the NBA. Well, they sure the **** aren't proving it.
You my friend are myopic :)
So, let me get this straight.
The clippers suck.
Glad we got that out of the way.
The Lakers do have a deep bench, but the bench is not going to win games for them when they have starters that are out. They are still 7 games over .500 and holding down the 6th spot solid with injuries.
What is the point of this thread? Watch more of OTHER teams basketball games and pay attention, rather than sitting on your clippers soap box.:idea:

cxr133
02-14-2007, 03:22 PM
One player cannot win championships, it takes a team.
yeah a team of people to stand around and watch SHAQ dunk, miss free throws and win championships:jawdrop: :D ;)

DILLIGAF
02-14-2007, 03:27 PM
What is the point of this thread?
I GUESS TO GET YOU FIRED UP :idea:

dmontzsta
02-14-2007, 03:39 PM
I GUESS TO GET YOU FIRED UP :idea:
Or make yourself look like an ignorant NBA fan, who only knows about the clippers and has no clue what goes on outside of losing and being angry? :D
crx133: Shaq's lazy fat ass isnt doing a thing, he won Championships by being surrounded by good players and coaches, standing in the key and having the ball passed to him, backing his fat ass into his defender and putting it in the hoop, basically he did the job a center is supposed to do.

AirtimeLavey
02-14-2007, 04:04 PM
Lol....haters always looking for a crack in the door to get a shot in. Poor, poor desperate Clipper fans/Laker haters. Lakers are a team that's progressing and getting better. Who in their right mind (or any solid basketball mind), would think they wouldn't have a slump every now and then. You must not be much of a sports fan to think great teams, especially young teams that are growing, wouldn't have slumps. :rolleyes:
They do have issues to work out, but it's only growing pains. It could be worse, they could be a team that's flashed in the pan once or twice, had a bunch of bandwagoners jump on, then gone back to their normal underachieving historical play - i.e. the Clippers/the permanent JV. :sleeping:
As for the Lakers, first the obvious, they need to get healthy. That includes LO getting back to 100%. Then the youth of this team needs to realize that their early success demands hard work consistently in order to go to the next level. No ones predicting a championship this year, but they're still the best, most entertaining team in the NBA, bar none. Kobe's #1 in jersey sales, so basically, haters, hate away, you only look silly. :D But then again, some of you are used to looking sillly, being Clippers' fans and all......:sleeping: :D

GAME TIME
02-14-2007, 04:07 PM
I'm going to jump in on this one. Reason why there is not as much talk is because the point has already been prooven. The Lakers are better then the Clippers. So far against the Clipps they are 2-0. They will be the 5th or 6th seed and will play either the Spurs or Jazz. Either way, the Lakers should make it to the second round. IF the Clippers get in they will be out in the first round and it will not be a seven game series. The Lakers current streak is sad. And yes, injuries are an excuse for a team playing bad...ask the Suns without Nash.:)

Jyruiz
02-14-2007, 04:28 PM
You LF's are making this way to easy....lol So, Juan...what was your point again?
No point, it was rhetorical. If I had a point though, it would be that you are jumping the gun to early, teams go thru up and downs all season long and there even hope for the Clipps.

DILLIGAF
02-14-2007, 04:28 PM
If there are any haters it is the LF's that hate EVERYBODY else....lol
You guys crack me up. If the Clips are so bad why even bother?
Thanks for helping me pass some time at work today.......
Alright.....I am out of here. I have a better place to be tonight -vs- this damn HB place.....

acatitude
02-14-2007, 04:29 PM
Or make yourself look like an ignorant NBA fan, who only knows about the clippers and has no clue what goes on outside of losing and being angry? :D
crx133: Shaq's lazy fat ass isnt doing a thing, he won Championships by being surrounded by good players and coaches, standing in the key and having the ball passed to him, backing his fat ass into his defender and putting it in the hoop, basically he did the job a center is supposed to do.
now that he isnt a laker he is just a fat lazy ass hangin around the paint:D you are such a homer, lol............ I guess if it takes a team to win then the LA kobes will be out in the second round...because in the playoffs Kobe aint lettin nobody else play with his ball( unless its some maid in a denver hotel) lmao:) :)

dmontzsta
02-14-2007, 04:41 PM
now that he isnt a laker he is just a fat lazy ass hangin around the paint:D you are such a homer, lol............ I guess if it takes a team to win then the LA kobes will be out in the second round...because in the playoffs Kobe aint lettin nobody else play with his ball( unless its some maid in a denver hotel) lmao:) :)
He was fat and lazy then, ask PJ. :D Even though he is fat and lazy he still does his job. His strong point is backing up dudes in the middle. We wont get into Shaq cause he is a completely different story and one that is in the last paragraph of the last chapter.
You are such a homer with the Kobe cracks, grow up and live in the now! The dude has proven he is a different type of player. You are a hater! The man gets cheered for in other arenas, everyone wants to see Kobe, he is the hot ticket in the NBA.

acatitude
02-14-2007, 05:18 PM
Kobe is without a doubt one of the top 5 players in the league. I wish he was a king. His court abaility has never been questioned by me:) . me a hater????? never. you a little thinned skinned???????/ VERY MAYBE:D :D

dmontzsta
02-14-2007, 05:43 PM
Kobe is without a doubt one of the top 5 players in the league. I wish he was a king. His court abaility has never been questioned by me:) . me a hater????? never. you a little thinned skinned???????/ VERY MAYBE:D :D
Calling me thin skinned is funny! :D

KineticoH20
02-14-2007, 07:46 PM
Armchair quarterback:jawdrop:

shueman
02-14-2007, 07:57 PM
Thank goodness we have baseball back real soon....:D

KineticoH20
02-14-2007, 08:28 PM
This is ust like the Hatfields and Mc Coys or Dodgers and Angels oh....wait the Angels have actually had more than one winning season in the last 20 years and have won a title too. The Clipper's well...........nevermind!:sleeping:

mbrown2
02-14-2007, 08:41 PM
Laker Fans have not left the building....
Go grab another bottle of wine and settle in for the 2nd half of the season.......no need to sober up to start some basketball thread....:)

dmontzsta
02-14-2007, 08:51 PM
Laker Fans have not left the building....
Go grab another bottle of wine and settle in for the 2nd half of the season.......no need to sober up to start some basketball thread....:)
lol. nice.

KineticoH20
02-14-2007, 10:15 PM
Tonight Atlanta beats Clips at home outscoring them 34 to 18 in the 4th....ouch:idea:

dmontzsta
02-15-2007, 12:04 AM
Tonight Atlanta beats Clips at home outscoring them 34 to 18 in the 4th....ouch:idea:
And what do you know? Minnesota won tonight, so you know what that means... :D ... "If the playoffs started today" ;) Open mouth insert foot huh DILLF?:D

DILLIGAF
02-15-2007, 07:23 AM
And what do you know? Minnesota won tonight, so you know what that means... :D ... "If the playoffs started today" ;) Open mouth insert foot huh DILLF?:D
I didn't see the Clippers game but ya, seems they stunk it up AGAIN n the 4th. Oh well...........

Wild Horses
02-15-2007, 09:07 AM
I'm going to jump in on this one. Reason why there is not as much talk is because the point has already been prooven. The Lakers are better then the Clippers. So far against the Clipps they are 2-0. They will be the 5th or 6th seed and will play either the Spurs or Jazz. Either way, the Lakers should make it to the second round. IF the Clippers get in they will be out in the first round and it will not be a seven game series. The Lakers current streak is sad. And yes, injuries are an excuse for a team playing bad...ask the Suns without Nash.:)
Easy there turbo, the Jazz have their allstar out of action with a broken leg and they are still winning! Seems to me like the last team the Lakers lost to at home the Jazz beat them.:D So don't count your chickens anytime soon.:idea:

a catered life
02-15-2007, 09:26 AM
for the record like i have always said the clippers are now and always will be a second rank team in LA in my book...they are the little brother to the lakers.....yes they had a great run last year but GOOD teams have a run every few years but GREAT teams make a run EVERY year...if we dont make the playoffs we make changes to make them next year...if the clippers dont make the playoff its seems to be ok with their management......thats the difference between a good team and a great team.....i'm not a clipper hater but i am a true NBA fan i love the game....and yes the lakers are playing like a pee wee team for the past 4 games but you you must remember our injuries have been out of control this year and we have a lot of young players...no we might not make it to the western conference fianls this year but we are laying the ground work for future ringsssssssssssss........

GAME TIME
02-15-2007, 11:49 AM
Easy there turbo, the Jazz have their allstar out of action with a broken leg and they are still winning! Seems to me like the last team the Lakers lost to at home the Jazz beat them.:D So don't count your chickens anytime soon.:idea:
I'm not talking about who can beat what teams. It's all about match ups and the two times the Lakers played the Jazz, the Lakers matched up very good. They lost at Utah (lost by 6, which they should't have) and smoked the Jazz (by 30) at home. In a 7 game series vs the Jazz, the Lakers should win. Of course anything can happen. Against the Spurs this year they are 2-1. Either way, I like the Lakers in both of those situations.

DILLIGAF
02-15-2007, 12:48 PM
I'm not talking about who can beat what teams. It's all about match ups and the two times the Lakers played the Jazz, the Lakers matched up very good. They lost at Utah (lost by 6, which they should't have) and smoked the Jazz (by 30) at home. In a 7 game series vs the Jazz, the Lakers should win. Of course anything can happen. Against the Spurs this year they are 2-1. Either way, I like the Lakers in both of those situations.
Ahhhh, go get some ice chips and give them to Shauntee already :)

DILLIGAF
02-15-2007, 11:15 PM
5 and rollin'....:)

dmontzsta
02-15-2007, 11:23 PM
Dont get too happy, remember they have lost alot now, so they are bound to start winning! They are really missing Walton, it is amazing how key he is to this teams success. It was good to see Odom getting a little more aggressive.
BTW: Denver and Minnesota have taken the 7th and 8th spot. Looks like the clippps will make an early exit like all the years past. :D

DILLIGAF
02-15-2007, 11:26 PM
Dont get too happy, remember they have lost alot now, so they are bound to start winning! They are really missing Walton, it is amazing how key he is to this teams success. It was good to see Odom getting a little more aggressive.
BTW: Denver and Minnesota have taken the 7th and 8th spot. Looks like the clippps will make an early exit like all the years past. :D
At this point it looks pretty much like that concerning the Clips :(
I thought the Lakers were going to start winning when TD came back. Seems his value is slightly over-rated

AirtimeLavey
02-15-2007, 11:37 PM
Yep, it's been ugly. It's fixable. Need some better rebounding among other things. Would like to see LO finish better. Need Walton and KB back. Still got another run in them.

JetBoatRich
02-16-2007, 04:50 AM
Lakers are going the wrong direction right now:sqeyes: but they will rebound here soon:rolleyes:

dmontzsta
02-16-2007, 07:53 AM
At this point it looks pretty much like that concerning the Clips :(
I thought the Lakers were going to start winning when TD came back. Seems his value is slightly over-rated
Give him time to get back into game shape, even the announcers and coaching staff as saying this. Last night was the first game since he came back, where he actually attempted a dunk, then he came down and grabbed his knee realizing it was alright. No worries about Odom, once he is 100% he will get his 20-10-5.
They need Walton and Kwame back. With Kwame people cannot just run a muck in the middle and with Walton the offense becomes easier.