PDA

View Full Version : jay waranty question

rivergoer
02-15-2007, 11:08 AM
i just put a 4 in rancho lift in the truck had it installed by baja motorsports. so it was professionally installed. 33 in tires and 17x9 rims.. with rancho shocks.. will it void anything on my warranty..

Daytona100
02-15-2007, 11:38 AM
i just put a 4 in rancho lift in the truck had it installed by baja motorsports. so it was professionally installed. 33 in tires and 17x9 rims.. with rancho shocks.. will it void anything on my warranty..
Yes it will.

riverbound
02-15-2007, 11:40 AM
Yes it will.
ONLY...if they can prove that the lift caused the failure.
Magnusson moss act

Cole Trickle
02-15-2007, 12:33 PM
Your screwed:D;)
Because your RB's brother:devil:

rivergoer
02-15-2007, 12:39 PM
i figured that....damn

Daytona100
02-15-2007, 01:12 PM
ONLY...if they can prove that the lift caused the failure.
Magnusson moss act
In real life claims get declined all the time due to aftermarket add ons.I would call the dealership and ask them if they would decline repairs due to mods.

dicudmore
02-15-2007, 02:55 PM
In real life claims get declined all the time due to aftermarket add ons.I would call the dealership and ask them if they would decline repairs due to mods.
thats a fact--
my last area rep was a real prick about it...no gray area...modified = you're focked in his case

77charger
02-15-2007, 04:30 PM
I can see the extreme excuse.
"well the lift and bigger tires caused more drag on the drivetrain which in turn adds more stress to the motor makin it work extra hard thus causing engine failure"Yup thats it.LOL
:D

riverbound
02-15-2007, 04:33 PM
I have had to deal with that in the past....my stuff got fixed under warranty after a few phone calls were made ;)

Daytona100
02-15-2007, 04:45 PM
I can see the extreme excuse.
"well the lift and bigger tires caused more drag on the drivetrain which in turn adds more stress to the motor makin it work extra hard thus causing engine failure"Yup thats it.LOL
:D
Extended warrenty companies are the worse. I have witnessed them decline a claim because it looked like the customer spun the tires and thats what caused the trans to break. They dont bitch or disclose the facts when there collecting your money only when they need to pay!!!!

HatenWinter
02-16-2007, 08:25 AM
I just bought an '05 chevy truck with a lift. I also bought the extended warranty. They told me at the dealership (not Jay's) that the lift would not affect the warranty (liars):mad:. After reading this thread I called the company (GM Protection Plan) and spoke to a rep. He said that yes it "can" affect the warranty if they can show that the failure was caused by the lift. They will also inspect the lift to see if it was done professionally or not. He said he felt it was still a good plan and alot would be covered that would not be related to the lift like the engine, electrical systems, etc. I guess we'll hope for the best, but they do offer a 60 day money back option if there are no claims.

PHOTOGLOU
02-16-2007, 12:47 PM
Extended warrenty companies are the worse. I have witnessed them decline a claim because it looked like the customer spun the tires and thats what caused the trans to break. They dont bitch or disclose the facts when there collecting your money only when they need to pay!!!!
Dude do you work for a dealer.... These are great answers and just the way I would answer them....

PHOTOGLOU
02-16-2007, 12:49 PM
I just bought an '05 chevy truck with a lift. I also bought the extended warranty. They told me at the dealership (not Jay's) that the lift would not affect the warranty (liars):mad:. After reading this thread I called the company (GM Protection Plan) and spoke to a rep. He said that yes it "can" affect the warranty if they can show that the failure was caused by the lift. They will also inspect the lift to see if it was done professionally or not. He said he felt it was still a good plan and alot would be covered that would not be related to the lift like the engine, electrical systems, etc. I guess we'll hope for the best, but they do offer a 60 day money back option if there are no claims.
The dealer has commited fraud.... You can get the Warranty money back (if you want) immediatly (sp?) BUT Depending on the warranty IE Major Guard, Value Guard, Basic Guard... you got it might still be a good idea to have it.... Let me know if you need help....

HatenWinter
02-19-2007, 04:37 PM
The dealer has commited fraud.... You can get the Warranty money back (if you want) immediatly (sp?) BUT Depending on the warranty IE Major Guard, Value Guard, Basic Guard... you got it might still be a good idea to have it.... Let me know if you need help....
Thanks for the input Jay. After I spoke to the rep about it I feel like it would be in my best interest to keep it for all the other little things that could go wrong. If I have any questions after I get my warranty packet from them I'll give you a call.