PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Jeep

djunkie
02-15-2007, 03:34 PM
So my brother wants to buy a Jeep to leave in Havasu and he doesn't know what to look for. I recomended something newer with fuel injection. What do you jeep experts recomend? And does anyone know of any for sale. Hes probably looking in the $5k-$7k price range.

djunkie
02-15-2007, 03:40 PM
mardonzi has one for sale needs work 2500$ i think is what he wants
I'm sure my brother would want a good running one that doesn't need much work. I don't think he even knows the difference between a screwdriver and a wrench.

Havasu_Dreamin
02-15-2007, 03:41 PM
http://www.theboatbroker.com/getitem.asp?get=item&stocknumber=JE3435

Sportin' Wood
02-15-2007, 04:10 PM
Early 90's Wrangler with a 4.0. Best value in the Jeep world right now. You can get a nice one in that range.

phebus
02-15-2007, 04:40 PM
Depending on what is out there in his price range, a 97 and newer TJ if possible (coil spring suspension) The square headlight YJ's that were made prior to that aren't as desirable.

Not So Fast
02-15-2007, 05:07 PM
Not going to get F.I. for that much $$$ I dont think. And Rick is right about 97 or newer for the coil springs!! JMO NSF

Mandelon
02-15-2007, 05:34 PM
I bought a 94 YJ with a lift, wheels and tires, steering damper for $4000. Its only a 4 banger, but we tow it where we want to go and mostly use if for off road exploring. A bargain I think. Insurance is cheap too.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/medium/mex_trip_081.jpg
I don't worry if it gets scratched, or dirty. Low investment......low worry factor.

Sportin' Wood
02-15-2007, 05:44 PM
I bought a 94 YJ with a lift, wheels and tires, steering damper for $4000. Its only a 4 banger, but we tow it where we want to go and mostly use if for off road exploring. A bargain I think. Insurance is cheap too.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/medium/mex_trip_081.jpg
I don't worry if it gets scratched, or dirty. Low investment......low worry factor.
Thats the very car I speak of. The 4.0 is fool injected all years.
If ya like the coils you can convert the suspension with an off the shelf kit. Black diamond I think. Used to be a Warn kit Superlift owns it now. I think they market it as Black diamond
IMHO the YJ is a little more roomy then the TJ. I hate the dash in the TJ. Tore it out of ours and built a new one.
You can pull a CJ in that price range as well but you better like turning wrenches. they are getting pretty old.
If ya want a basket case I have two or three out back.

Kilrtoy
02-15-2007, 05:58 PM
So my brother wants to buy a Jeep to leave in Havasu and he doesn't know what to look for. I recomended something newer with fuel injection. What do you jeep experts recomend? And does anyone know of any for sale. Hes probably looking in the $5k-$7k price range.
Guess he is looking old then, REALLY OLD

Mandelon
02-15-2007, 06:01 PM
It is a rough ride, how much and how hard is the coilover change?

koyota93
02-15-2007, 06:30 PM
My buddy's dad might have one for sale. Lots of time and money into it.
1976 CJ5
Ford 351W V8, rebuilt manual trans, Holley carb, Edelbrock intake, MSD, Headers, Flowmasters, newer 33" tires, Ford 8.8 rearend, Dana 44 front, full roll cage, 2 race buckets, 5 pt harnesses, custom bumpers, engine cage with shock hoops, fox resevoir all around, and rock sliders.
He debates over selling it all the time, but when he is in the mood to get rid of it, it is within your price range. Let me know if you're interested.
This is an old pic of it, when it was first being built.
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c23/acs42frb/dadscamera139.jpg

Baja Big Dog
02-15-2007, 06:47 PM
Got a nice CJ8 (scrambler) with an LT1 on Nitrous, automatic Curries front and rear, 35's all good let it go for 20 grand, tell your brother save up some nickles and dimes and buy a real Jeep!!!

PaPaG
02-15-2007, 07:20 PM
Got a nice CJ8 (scrambler) with an LT1 on Nitrous, automatic Curries front and rear, 35's all good let it go for 20 grand, tell your brother save up some nickles and dimes and buy a real Jeep!!!
Hey Baja, Why don't we ever get to see that monster at the Park?

TheCarDudes
02-15-2007, 11:38 PM
I have a 1985 Jeep CJ-7 for sale. It has an inline 6 cylinder that has been upgraded to the new fuel injection. Automatic, hard top, warn full floater rear axle, dana 35 front axle, lockers, winch, etc...etc.... The list goes on. This is a very nice Jeep that is set up for everything from and every day driver to wheelin the trails on the weekends.
Please PM me for details. The Jeep is located in Havasu right now. might take it back to California.
Asking price $6700.00 obo.
I will try to post pics if anyone is interested.

Not So Fast
02-16-2007, 02:37 AM
I have a 1985 Jeep CJ-7 for sale. It has an inline 6 cylinder that has been upgraded to the new fuel injection. Automatic, hard top, warn full floater rear axle, dana 35 front axle, lockers, winch, etc...etc.... The list goes on. This is a very nice Jeep that is set up for everything from and every day driver to wheelin the trails on the weekends.
Please PM me for details. The Jeep is located in Havasu right now. might take it back to California.
Sure, please post them. NSF

djunkie
02-16-2007, 03:05 AM
Post the pics and I'll show him.

djunkie
02-16-2007, 03:08 AM
I know nothing about Jeeps (except the old flat fender Willy's) and neither does my brother. This is strickly gonna be a leave it at the river and play around with vehicle. Not looking for an everyday driver just a toy. I'm mostly concerned with getting a newer fuel injected model cause I like that better and maybe I won't have to wrench on it for him as much. :D Also would like something that has a full cage and not the short cut back one that I seem to have seen before. As for suspension I'm sure a small mod may be in order. Nothing drastic. Just enough to fit a little better rubber under the fender and make playing around Havasu fun for him.
Now another question. Whats the chance of this thing being used to tow a 23' 5000lb boat to the launch ramp and back?

Hallett
02-16-2007, 05:23 AM
Call Frank at car toys in havasu he has a real nice jeep for sale.
928 680-0203.

Mandelon
02-16-2007, 05:32 AM
Now another question. Whats the chance of this thing being used to tow a 23' 5000lb boat to the launch ramp and back?
Didn't Froggy's Jeep Death Pool prove that was do-able?? :D

Sigus
02-16-2007, 05:56 AM
[QUOTE=
Now another question. Whats the chance of this thing being used to tow a 23' 5000lb boat to the launch ramp and back?[/QUOTE]
I used to use my 93yj to launch a 22 Daytona at Windsor. No problem in or out. Had to keep the tire presure low so they would grab while braking. Boat and Trailer were around 4000Lbs.

76ANTHONY
02-16-2007, 06:00 AM
I know nothing about Jeeps (except the old flat fender Willy's) and neither does my brother. This is strickly gonna be a leave it at the river and play around with vehicle. Not looking for an everyday driver just a toy. I'm mostly concerned with getting a newer fuel injected model cause I like that better and maybe I won't have to wrench on it for him as much. :D Also would like something that has a full cage and not the short cut back one that I seem to have seen before. As for suspension I'm sure a small mod may be in order. Nothing drastic. Just enough to fit a little better rubber under the fender and make playing around Havasu fun for him.
yeah, awhahahaha aint gonna happen, so you might as well just give me the fricken boat already focker:D :D

TheCarDudes
02-16-2007, 06:30 AM
OK. I will get Jeep Pics up and posted here very shortly. As for suspension mods, it has a small lift (2 or 3 inches) and already has BFG All terrain tires. I'm pretty sure ther are 31" tall.
I'll get the photos up and all exact specs on everything. :)
I can also be contacted on the cell# if someone wants to see it in person over this weekend.
PM me for the cell#.
George
Photos on the way......

WYRD
02-16-2007, 07:50 AM
OK. I will get Jeep Pics up and posted here very shortly. As for suspension mods, it has a small lift (2 or 3 inches) and already has BFG All terrain tires. I'm pretty sure ther are 31" tall.
I'll get the photos up and all exact specs on everything. :)
I can also be contacted on the cell# if someone wants to see it in person over this weekend.
PM me for the cell#.
George
Photos on the way......
Is it reg in CA or AZ?

Sportin' Wood
02-16-2007, 07:58 AM
Braking would be my only concern. Wire up the trailer brakes and go for it.

WYRD
02-16-2007, 08:00 AM
So what kind of basket cases do ya got, Im always looking for a project:idea:

Sportin' Wood
02-16-2007, 08:01 AM
It is a rough ride, how much and how hard is the coilover change?
I'm not sure on price. Its a fairly extensive conversion. Your going from leaf spring hangers to a link type system. I can tell you how to get a better ride out of your leafs over a few beers sometime.

BarryMac
02-16-2007, 08:06 AM
I want the Jeep in Sportin Woods Avatar, the only way to rock. Plus it has a new beefy front differential... :D :D ;)

Sportin' Wood
02-16-2007, 08:07 AM
So what kind of basket cases do ya got, Im always looking for a project:idea:
I grab every dirt cheap roller CJ7. I have two rollers right now. One is more complete but has a little rust in the normal spots, the other is fairly straight less complete but has a Summers Brothers rear end in it and wide track 30 front.
I also have a completly beat tub with a proven cage.( the cage held up great the body did not)
a 65 jeep pick up complete roller
and a 69 Blazer that looks like it fell into blender but I'm not selling that beater. Its too damn fun to crash.

Sportin' Wood
02-16-2007, 08:08 AM
I want the Jeep in Sportin Woods Avatar, the only way to rock. Plus it has a new beefy front differential... :D :D ;)
The new jeep smokes the one in my avitar and it jumps way better.:D
http://www.durkadurka.net/parker425-07/bitd-parker425-07-jeepspeed/images/dsc_5865wtmk.jpg

djunkie
02-16-2007, 10:14 AM
The trailer has surge brakes so I'm probably SOL on using it to launch the boat. First time I have to brake hard the trailer will probably come around and smack me silly. :D I'm gonna look into the early 90's ones. I'd like to find him something with a 4.0 FI. I think that would be a lot more fun than a 4 banger. He picked up a Trader and theres a ton of them in there for around $5-6 k.

Mr. Naudio
02-16-2007, 11:00 AM
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s206/fawcer/1.jpgCall Frank at car toys in havasu he has a real nice jeep for sale.
928 680-0203.
928-208-1360
thanks hallett 350 ci vortech 330bhp 380 ftlbs 1 yr left on warranty
msd ignition with headers all under hood new carb,off road eddy starter,alt,rad,water pump,all belts hoses everything
had knee surgery thursday need to sell before i get credit card bill hospital wanted money up front
$13000 FIRM

Mr. Naudio
02-16-2007, 11:06 AM
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s206/fawcer/2.jpg
35x14.5 pit bull rockers
chevy 10bolt fr
12 bolt rear
just rebuilt tubo 350
no air

WYRD
02-16-2007, 11:07 AM
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s206/fawcer/1.jpg
928-208-1360
msd ignition with headers all under hood new carb,off road eddy starter,alt,rad,water pump,all belts hoses everything
had knee surgery thursday need to sell before i get credit card bill hospital wanted money up front
$13000 FIRM
Would that pass CA smog?

djunkie
02-16-2007, 11:10 AM
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s206/fawcer/1.jpg
928-208-1360
$13000 FIRM
That is a nice looking Jeep. But way out of his price range. Not that it isn't worth it though. I bet its fun with the 350 in it. :D :D

Wheeler
02-16-2007, 11:17 AM
Look in the white sheet, the snow birds are here now and dying as I speak.
Jeeps are always available.

djunkie
02-16-2007, 12:03 PM
Look in the white sheet, the snow birds are here now and dying as I speak.
Jeeps are always available.
Good idea. I'll pick one up while I'm there this weekend.

Mr. Naudio
02-16-2007, 12:32 PM
No problem hitch already there.
:)

WYRD
02-16-2007, 02:52 PM
http://images.webkrafters.com/trinity/28800/00jeep28816-1.jpg
I want this one
LT1 motor:idea: