PDA

View Full Version : Good hand held GPS

FUTURE
02-16-2007, 02:41 PM
Wasn't sure where to post this. I'm looking for a good hand held GPS so I can know how fast my boat is. Thanks for the help.

jbone
02-16-2007, 02:57 PM
I got the little Garmin handheld. It was about 100 bucks. The only thing I wish it had was a top speed memory. My model doesn't have that feature.
J

ChumpChange
02-16-2007, 03:01 PM
Wasn't sure where to post this. I'm looking for a good hand held GPS so I can know how fast my boat is. Thanks for the help.
Don't do it! Nobody wants to know the true speed of their boat. It makes it harder to sell. Just make up a number. :D

FUTURE
02-16-2007, 03:09 PM
Don't do it! Nobody wants to know the true speed of their boat. It makes it harder to sell. Just make up a number. :D
I guess it does a hundred. But don't all boats:D

wildbillg
02-16-2007, 03:09 PM
Go on Ebay and look for a Garmin III or III plus they are good units and will do everything you need. (with top speed mem.)

FUTURE
02-16-2007, 03:10 PM
I got the little Garmin handheld. It was about 100 bucks. The only thing I wish it had was a top speed memory. My model doesn't have that feature.
J
I will make sure mine has a recall.

FUTURE
02-16-2007, 03:15 PM
Go on Ebay and look for a Garmin III or III plus they are good units and will do everything you need. (with top speed mem.)
I think I will look into those.

Racey
02-16-2007, 04:19 PM
Garmin Garmin Garmin, any of their handhelds are good for speed from the cheapest one on up, i've had a few and love them, i think i have an E-trex Vista now, it's tranparent blue, love it, has alot higher resolution than the cheap yellow one, had one of those before, which was nice, but very simple, and lacking alot of features of the next higher up one.
Whatever you do dont buy Magellan they are so difficult to use, horrible complicated user interface.

FUTURE
02-17-2007, 05:09 PM
Garmin Garmin Garmin, any of their handhelds are good for speed from the cheapest one on up, i've had a few and love them, i think i have an E-trex Vista now, it's tranparent blue, love it, has alot higher resolution than the cheap yellow one, had one of those before, which was nice, but very simple, and lacking alot of features of the next higher up one.
Whatever you do dont buy Magellan they are so difficult to use, horrible complicated user interface.
???

oilfieldtrash
02-17-2007, 10:46 PM
i use a garmin Etrex Vista and i love it. it has a lot of easy to use features and very reliable. iuse mine everyday for work and also on the weekends in the boat! if you want to piss of you buddies just get in ther boat with it and show them how fast they really are, all my buddies think they are alot faster then they really are!

Dan Lorenze
02-18-2007, 05:57 AM
I've had several Garmins in the past. They make a great product and have excellent customer service should anything happen to it. My current model is the Garmin Map60c. I like the newest Nuvi's from Garmin too..

DaddyMack
02-18-2007, 09:14 AM
I have a little Garmin GPS II Plus that I use for hunting, will that be accurate enough?

Kim Hanson
02-18-2007, 10:09 AM
I use the Magellan GPS 310, works great and like 200 ish bucks..........( . )( . )............:idea:

RitcheyRch
02-25-2007, 04:07 PM
Which one better? There a few different Etrex Vistas out there.
i use a garmin Etrex Vista and i love it. it has a lot of easy to use features and very reliable. iuse mine everyday for work and also on the weekends in the boat! if you want to piss of you buddies just get in ther boat with it and show them how fast they really are, all my buddies think they are alot faster then they really are!

ULTRA26 # 1
02-25-2007, 04:22 PM
J
My little Garmin has the top speed memory and it was about $150 a few years ago. These little guys work well. I think mine is called an E-Trex
JM

GunninGopher
02-25-2007, 05:49 PM
Why does Garmin put the keypad above the screen. There must be a reason but it has always seemed pretty stupid to me.

H20 Toie
02-25-2007, 05:50 PM
Garmin

rude235
02-25-2007, 05:55 PM
try this page......
http://rude-performance.com/gps.html

RitcheyRch
02-25-2007, 06:07 PM
THanks
try this page......
http://rude-performance.com/gps.html