PDA

View Full Version : Was going to go to Havasu today...

DILLIGAF
02-17-2007, 10:33 AM
but I woke up feeling like shit. My lungs burn like a mofo when I cough and now my head is all stuffed up. I have been fighting this off for the past week but I guess it finally caught me :(.
Very windy out here in BHC and LHC and that combined with the flu type stuff would make for a miserable day. Just guzzled some Nyquil and getting ready to watch some movies and try to knock this shit out of me today/tonight.
:(

phebus
02-17-2007, 10:38 AM
Too bad, we were looking forwrd to seeing you Tom. Guess we'll have to wait, and either come up your way, or wait and see you next time you make it down here.
Wind isn't bad here yet, just a stedy breeze, and yesterday was great just hanging out in the channel. My face got fried, but it's great to get some color.
Get better.............
Rick

DILLIGAF
02-17-2007, 10:40 AM
Too bad, we were looking forwrd to seeing you Tom. Guess we'll have to wait, and either come up your way, or wait and see you next time you make it down here.
Wind isn't bad here yet, just a stedy breeze, and yesterday was great just hanging out in the channel. My face got fried, but it's great to get some color.
Get better.............
Rick
Thanks Rick...I think 3-12 to 3-16 I am supposed to be down there with Heavy D and his sons for spring break.
Hope to see you then

ratso
02-17-2007, 10:49 AM
but I woke up feeling like shit. My lungs burn like a mofo when I cough and now my head is all stuffed up. I have been fighting this off for the past week but I guess it finally caught me :(.
Very windy out here in BHC and LHC and that combined with the flu type stuff would make for a miserable day. Just guzzled some Nyquil and getting ready to watch some movies and try to knock this shit out of me today/tonight.
Nyquil and Theraflu...

Throttle
02-17-2007, 11:06 AM
:idea:
mmmmmm. hope you feel better soon Tom, as for you Rick - I hope you get sun poisoning with that kinda talk... be there 2morrow, no channel though... my boat is having some servicing in CA, jamie and I are gonna do some ridin at standard wash with the kidz... need to figure out where to watch some fireworks and get some grub for dinner...:)

RiverRatMike
02-17-2007, 11:11 AM
I got the same shit as you, very bad fever and deep down muchus in my lungs and can't even cough up. Muscles hurt and no energy at all. It sucks bad!

Not So Fast
02-17-2007, 11:13 AM
You're the only one that's not here. I am amazed at the Windsor ramp this morning, looked like the 4th, and combined with the snowbirds it was dangerous as a lot of the guys on here will attest to. Ask slowinhavasu as he watched a pontoon do not 1 but 2 360's in THE SLIP, trying to get out ???? NSF

Throttle
02-17-2007, 11:19 AM
You're the only one that's not here. I am amazed at the Windsor ramp this morning, looked like the 4th, and combined with the snowbirds it was dangerous as a lot of the guys on here will attest to. Ask slowinhavasu as he watched a pontoon do not 1 but 2 360's in THE SLIP, trying to get out ???? NSF
this makes me feel better that my boat is not going to get wet, thanks NSF!:D

Nord
02-17-2007, 11:59 AM
I'm a vinyl repair, oil change, and new impellor away from going out :)
Sucks you feel bad. But then again, I'd rather be sick out there, than feeling good at work....................;)
~NORD~

bigq
02-17-2007, 12:22 PM
Stomach flu has been going around down here, I hate puking, take stuffy head and bad lungs over that. get well;)

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-17-2007, 10:33 PM
Hope you feel better soon, Tom.

boatnam2
02-18-2007, 12:49 AM
just getting over it lasted about 2-3 weeks.dont remember being sick that long.

HOOTER SLED-
02-18-2007, 02:47 AM
:devil: :devil: Tom stop being a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayaaaaaaaaaaatc h roll wit it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OverKill
02-18-2007, 03:12 AM
I'm going to be there Sunday the 25th. Would you guys keep me posted if that Flu stuff is still floating around. If so I will just stay on the strip.

Dan Lorenze
02-18-2007, 05:53 AM
I've been fighting the same thing for over a week. :(

slowinhavasu
02-18-2007, 05:57 AM
QUOTE=phebus;2396917]Too bad, we were looking forwrd to seeing you Tom. Guess we'll have to wait, and either come up your way, or wait and see you next time you make it down here.
Get better.............
Rick[/QUOTE]
HE HE HE.........http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o235/slowinhavasu/IMGP0804.jpg

slowinhavasu
02-18-2007, 06:10 AM
No shit ha....
Then trying to get back on the trailer you have the guys milling around right in front of the docks/ramp....GO OUT AND WAIT....then, when your trailer is on the ramp then pull back in.....
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o235/slowinhavasu/IMGP0820.jpg

DILLIGAF
02-18-2007, 07:40 AM
:devil: :devil: Tom stop being a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayaaaaaaaaaaatc h roll wit it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shit, the Nyquil had me on my back most of yesterday. Being out on the lake in the wind would not have helped at all. Feeling better today though......

Not So Fast
02-18-2007, 09:03 AM
No shit ha....
Then trying to get back on the trailer you have the guys milling around right in front of the docks/ramp....GO OUT AND WAIT....then, when your trailer is on the ramp then pull back in.....
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o235/slowinhavasu/IMGP0820.jpg
You know what, as we all said that the Magic Dragster boat, well, purty ugly. But when I saw it yesterday inperson it really wasnt that bad, infact it looked sort of cool, defintely different. Not my taste but much better in person and an EYE CATCHER for sure.
As I watched Slowinhavasu eyeballing those idiots spinning around INSIDE the slip I was cracking up, but only because it wasnt ME. It got better because the rental out fit that rented them the boat had their trailer sticking out right by the dock so when they made their attempt to get under way the back end swung around and snagged the trailer not once BUT TWICE and started dragging it towards a couple of pretty nice boats, it got pretty intense so you were smart in getting out of there Cary or you would have been involved BIG TIME. More evidence that some type of "boating license" be put into effect because these Snow Birds had absolutely no clue and there were 15 of them on the boat!!!!!! NSF

phebus
02-18-2007, 10:29 AM
When we came in yesterday, I backed the trailer in, and my wife tried to put the boat on the trailer, but couldn't get a straight shot because of all the other boats mingling around waiting for someone to bring the trailer down. I got pissed at a gray and orange boat for being right behind our trailer, so I walked to the back of our trailer, and yelled at my wife to just ram the fockers, full speed ahead. They looked at me all pissed, but they did move. :D

TRUMP TIGHT
02-18-2007, 10:45 AM
So it wasnt what you thought it was?