PDA

View Full Version : installed new rub rail and realized it was different colors!

dschifan
02-17-2007, 09:13 PM
just put on blue anodized rub rail on my 22 daytona i'm fixin up. i got the first two sticks on around the transome and half way up the sides and did a really good job on the bends. i then throw two more sticks on each side making it almost to the bow on each side. i then stand back and realize that the last two sticks are a lighter shade of blue when butted up next to each other! does anyone know how i can fade the anodize a little to help it blend in. its only noticable at the seam where the two pieces come together. i'm going to call the boat shop i bought it at and tell them, but the labor i put into it is whats really pissin me off!:mad:

C-2
02-17-2007, 10:43 PM
The rubraill on my Hallett also did the same after a few years - two different shades where they butt up to each other. I would also like to hear any input - although mine really doesn't bother me much considering one of my horse's also took a bite out of my gel.:sqeyes: :sqeyes:

slowinhavasu
02-18-2007, 06:14 AM
Leave it, you will be the only one to notice it.........:D

dschifan
02-18-2007, 12:21 PM
ha ha, i know thats what my dad said and once i get the insert installed it will be even less noticable.