PDA

View Full Version : Ride Rite Air Bag Kit by Firestone

Nubbs
01-31-2006, 10:55 AM
Does anybody have a hookup for Ride Rite airbag kits by Firestone?

SCRINC
01-31-2006, 12:16 PM
Does anybody have a hookup for Ride Rite airbag kits by Firestone?
Iam going to have the entire kit installed in the AM... Whats a good price for the works... Are they woth the $$$

Nubbs
01-31-2006, 01:08 PM
I'm not sure what a good price is. I seen them at Summit for around $240 for just the air bag kit. Why do you want them? The back end of my pickup sags a bit when loaded. I'll use the bags to level it out.

sigepmock
01-31-2006, 01:52 PM
Summit Racing.com is probably the best price around. I got the Air Lift 5000lbs bags and they work great. If you are just doing the bags, install is a snap. If you are doing a compressor along with it, the price depends on how well they are installed.
Definately worth the money to be able to air them up to haul heavy loads or trailer, then air down when empty. Just remember they don't add to your vehicles overall carrying capacity. It is very easy to overload a truck with airbags and think you're OK.
Just my $.02,
Chris

SCRINC
01-31-2006, 03:22 PM
Summit Racing.com is probably the best price around. I got the Air Lift 5000lbs bags and they work great. If you are just doing the bags, install is a snap. If you are doing a compressor along with it, the price depends on how well they are installed.
Definately worth the money to be able to air them up to haul heavy loads or trailer, then air down when empty. Just remember they don't add to your vehicles overall carrying capacity. It is very easy to overload a truck with airbags and think you're OK.
Just my $.02,
Chris
I was quoted $800.00 for the full system / in cab controls etc.. This is a installed price..
Anyone know if this price is fair??

Nubbs
01-31-2006, 03:27 PM
That is probably a fair price. You'll have roughly $450-$500 in parts. The install will probably take a while since you're getting the compressor and bags installed.

sigepmock
01-31-2006, 03:30 PM
I was quoted $800.00 for the full system / in cab controls etc.. This is a installed price..
Anyone know if this price is fair??
Sounds fair to me.

tahitijet
01-31-2006, 06:06 PM
depending on the truck i charge 800-850 for bags and on board control with install. We have had occasion where the airlift of firestone bags didn't do the job for the weight so we swaped out slam specialities bags and upcharge is pretty minimal for the added ride quality and weight capacity differance.
If you need the parts only give me a call I can beat summits prices usually.

Jordy
02-01-2006, 08:00 AM
I got mine from Summit with the compressor for under $400. The only thing that really turned me off on the whole deal was the gauge/switch mount for the compressor. Couldn't see just screwing that into the dash and having all the lines and wires running in plain sight so I mounted it in the corner of my glovebox, out of sight and out of mind. Same thing with the compressor. It sits up above the spare tire. Works great. ;)