PDA

View Full Version : So who here is from Sonora, LaHabra, Fullerton High School??

RVRGIRL
02-21-2007, 04:09 PM
Other thread is getting to hard to follow along with. We can start our our thread over here... :) ;) :D
#1 Me-RVRGIRL-Heather Lowrance-Minery-Class of 1988-Sonora

robk
02-21-2007, 04:12 PM
Does should have gone to Sonora but went to Brea instead count? :D

wolfie
02-21-2007, 05:05 PM
I see that you decided to leave out Buena Park & Sunny Hills. I don't blame you for wanting to leave out BP.

UltraRide
02-21-2007, 05:09 PM
Sonora...class of 99

RVRGIRL
02-21-2007, 05:10 PM
Wasn't enough room... ;) Really... I went to Hermosa Drive for grade-school... them to Ladera Vista Junior High....
After that I went to Sonora and alot of my friends by me went to
LaHabra OR
Fullerton
So I was just wondering who out here in ***boat land I might of gone to
school with...

Havasu1986
02-21-2007, 05:13 PM
I went to Bellflower but have worked in La Habra for over 20 years. On Lambert west of Idaho. A couple guys I work with went to La Habra High.
Lee Odom 72'. Bill Small 86' and Bob Small 88'.

RVRGIRL
02-21-2007, 05:16 PM
Sonora...class of 99
You are a baby...:) ;)
So do they still have S.W.A.S.??:confused:
I was in that program and really liked it... Back 20 years ago...:rolleyes:

don johnson
02-21-2007, 05:18 PM
I also went to Ladera Vista JHS then on to FUHS class of 1982.

63stevens
02-21-2007, 05:26 PM
Three of my sons and daughter went to Sunny Hills High School 94,98,01, 05.

RVRGIRL
02-21-2007, 05:27 PM
Ladera Vista was pretty fun. Have alot of good memories from LV...

wolfie
02-21-2007, 05:28 PM
A friend of mine went to FUHS in his senior year, Mike Schmee. He was a goalie on the waterpolo team. He graduated in '80

rodnjen
02-21-2007, 07:51 PM
I went to Commonwealth, Ladera Vista(81) and Troy (85).
My wife went to Sonora (91) I believe.
We have been looking at homes near Hermosa and Las Palmas. I tried to make an offer for one on Sunnywood but Jen shut me down.

RVRGIRL
02-21-2007, 08:05 PM
I went to Commonwealth, Ladera Vista(81) and Troy (85).
My wife went to Sonora (91) I believe.
We have been looking at homes near Hermosa and Las Palmas. I tried to make an offer for one on Sunnywood but Jen shut me down.
My friend Sheryl lives on Sunnywood. Alot of really nice houses in that area.
My parents house is on Las Palmas by the bridge. Same house I grew up in.
Houses cost BANK in that area.... My friend was lucky because she bought her parents house on Sunnywood when they built in another state.

Coach
02-21-2007, 08:49 PM
Sonora 89 here.
SWAS. I not sure if Sonora still has it or not but we are looking at starting that type of program in the PYLUSD.
I lived up opposite end of you in Brea up at the top of Puente

shannyb
02-21-2007, 09:08 PM
My cousins went to Sonora. Sherri Cravens she may have graduated in 82 or 83 and Chris Cravens graduated in 89 or 90, I think.

RVRGIRL
02-21-2007, 09:23 PM
My cousins went to Sonora. Sherri Cravens she may have graduated in 82 or 83 and Chris Cravens graduated in 89 or 90, I think.
CHRIS CRAVENS.. Thats a blast from the past. We hung out ALOT. Did a lot of partying at my moms house in Fullerton. When you talk with him again tell him Heather Lowrance said hello. Is he still married to Laura?? Think thats her name... Small world.

LLGirl
02-21-2007, 09:44 PM
Sonora 89 here.
SWAS. I not sure if Sonora still has it or not but we are looking at starting that type of program in the PYLUSD.
I lived up opposite end of you in Brea up at the top of Puente
What is SWAS? We're in PYLUSD, oldest goes to Bernardo Yorba M.S. Great district. Yorba Linda High is supposed to open her Fresh year but it's not looking too promising. She'd rather go to Esperanza anyway.

RVRGIRL
02-21-2007, 09:48 PM
What is SWAS? We're in PYLUSD, oldest goes to Bernardo Yorba M.S. Great district. Yorba Linda High is supposed to open her Fresh year but it's not looking too promising. She'd rather go to Esperanza anyway.
SWAS stands for... School Within A School.
It kind of like being in college a little.
You pick your classes and go at different times of the day.
The nice thing about being in SWAS was that you were selected to be
in the program and you had to have a C or better average.

rodnjen
02-22-2007, 07:52 AM
You like PLYUSD? We love living in Fullerton but are a little uneasy about the schools. We like Yorba but it isn't really covenient for child care at the moment. We have a two year old and one on the way, so we have time. But YL may be in our future. We prefer central and west YL over the Bryant Rancy area. The homes are awesome in BR but the commute blows.

All-Star
02-22-2007, 08:24 AM
Three of my sons and daughter went to Sunny Hills High School 94,98,01, 05.
My daughter is presenty attending Sunny Hills High School :)

Racer277
02-22-2007, 08:45 AM
Troy HS, Fullerton, way, way back (84).
Didn't attend all that much, more often just hung out in the parking lot, or the smoking section...
Funny about the YL High School, my parents lobbied for years to get one built. The district bussed us past about 6-7 high schools on our way to Troy.
I thought all High Schools had smoking sections, dealers, and cops assigned to the parking lot everyday...

Mrs.Racer277
02-22-2007, 02:40 PM
Troy HS, Fullerton, way, way back (84).
Didn't attend all that much, more often just hung out in the parking lot, or the smoking section...
Funny about the YL High School, my parents lobbied for years to get one built. The district bussed us past about 6-7 high schools on our way to Troy.
I thought all High Schools had smoking sections, dealers, and cops assigned to the parking lot everyday...
I think only Troy and Valencia had to cops there daily, druggie school :)

syke-o
02-22-2007, 03:44 PM
La Habra High - Class of 92'

schlepy
02-22-2007, 04:39 PM
I think only Troy and Valencia had to cops there daily, druggie school :)
DRUGGIE SCHOOL??? LOOK AT WHERE YOU LIVE DRUGGIE VILLE.

Ivan Dan
02-22-2007, 04:56 PM
El Dorado in Placentia Class of 94!

Mr. V-Driver
02-22-2007, 05:01 PM
How about Los Altos High, Just over the hill from LHHS.
"Class of 1988"

FASTJTBT
02-22-2007, 06:07 PM
I did class of 76 boy Iam almost as old as boatcop

Wicky
02-22-2007, 06:39 PM
I helped put up the new LED sign at La Habra two years ago....does that count....???:D

Coach
02-22-2007, 06:44 PM
You like PLYUSD? We love living in Fullerton but are a little uneasy about the schools. We like Yorba but it isn't really covenient for child care at the moment. We have a two year old and one on the way, so we have time. But YL may be in our future. We prefer central and west YL over the Bryant Rancy area. The homes are awesome in BR but the commute blows.
PYLUSD has an open enrollment policy now and anyone can come on in. The district really wants more people from outside the area to come to our schools. Go to www.pylusd.org for more info.
Bryant Ranch is one of our top schools but Golden is also very close to Fullerton and is a very good school as well. Check out the API scores of each school in the district. This will give you a good indication of each school.

Coach
02-22-2007, 06:48 PM
I don't think it will open in time as well. Actually I hope it never opens. I teach and coach at Espy and when the new school opens Espy will never be the same. We will have 4 high schools with about 1400-1600 students and be in one league together playing in a much lower division. I know that a smaller school sounds great, but trust me Espy does not feel as big as it is. I went to Sonora with 1200 kids and College with 900 and Espy doesn't feel that big to me. Either or the Frosh class of YLHS will have a choice as to what school they want to attend. All are great schools, my daughter will be at Travis next year

Racer277
02-22-2007, 07:26 PM
DRUGGIE SCHOOL??? LOOK AT WHERE YOU LIVE DRUGGIE VILLE.
Nice Caps lock
I live in Druggie Ville?????? :confused: :confused: :eek: Really???
BTW I was not trying to offend, I tease the hubby all the time about the cops being there and the fact that they had a smoking section in High School.
I went to El Dorado and there was no such thing.
I have heard that Troy has changed since back in the 80's
MRS.RACER277

SIXDAYZ
02-22-2007, 07:52 PM
Come on, the Troylet wasn't that bad!! I graduated from there in '86, and my sister in '84. Nothing but good memories. It was all what you made of it I guess.

Sportin' Wood
02-23-2007, 07:41 AM
I think my Mom & Dad went to Fullerton, but class of 67.(guessing)

kphayes
02-23-2007, 10:55 AM
How about going back a little further. Laguna Road elementry and Parks Jr. High in Fullerton. Was on my way to Sunny Hills but moved to San Diego after 8th grade in '85.
Kyle

Racer277
02-23-2007, 11:05 AM
Come on, the Troylet wasn't that bad!! I graduated from there in '86, and my sister in '84. Nothing but good memories. It was all what you made of it I guess.
That was my point.;)
I thought all HS's were that way, until I met some uppity-ups from Eldorado and Esperanza. Then I found out that not every HS had a cop assigned full time, and that the (on campus) smoking area isn't standard. Who knew?:D
Know wonder the girls from Canyon Hills acted like they were slumming when they drank our beer...
Anyone else go to Billy Barty's RR for the punk shows?
I was too young to get into clubs, but we were always able to get in there. I saw ALOT of epic punk bands back in the day.

Opinionated
02-27-2007, 07:59 AM
Hi, this is my first post on this site!!!. I grew up in Fullerton and went to Sunny hills, Sonora SWAS and even LaVista (yeah the one for the screw ups) lol. I graduated in 93. I just wanted to say that this is a great site and it has already helped me alot with my soon to be new boat purchase. I just got rid of a wakeboarding boat and am moving onto the next stage.

rodnjen
02-27-2007, 08:12 AM
Hi, this is my first post on this site!!!. I grew up in Fullerton and went to Sunny hills, Sonora SWAS and even LaVista (yeah the one for the screw ups) lol. I graduated in 93. I just wanted to say that this is a great site and it has already helped me alot with my soon to be new boat purchase. I just got rid of a wakeboarding boat and am moving onto the next stage.
Welcome and good luck with your purchase. I still live walking distance from Troy/La Vista, we really like the area.

Opinionated
02-27-2007, 08:15 AM
Thanks. I ended up moving out to Murrieta 4 years ago and I love it. I still drive into OC 3-4 times a week for work, but that is changing soon. My parents still live in Fullerton, but they are thinking of moving out by me eventually also.

Cole
02-27-2007, 08:22 AM
Anyone know Steve Read at Sonora HS...He is a teacher and graduated in maybe 82? He is my cousin!!

All-Star
02-27-2007, 08:22 AM
How about going back a little further. Laguna Road elementry and Parks Jr. High in Fullerton. Was on my way to Sunny Hills but moved to San Diego after 8th grade in '85.
Kyle
I drive by Parks Jr. high everyday while taking my Freshman daughter to Sunny Hills High School.
Great area. I love the school.

Racer277
02-27-2007, 08:23 AM
Welcome and good luck with your purchase. I still live walking distance from Troy/La Vista, we really like the area.
There are some beautiful houses in those hills.
We've looked, but we can not stand the crowds and traffic. Once we moved out, it's hard to move back into.