PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to be racing my car on PINKS on the speed channell !!

WVspeedfreak
02-21-2007, 06:22 PM
Just kidding. ;) I wish i had the oppurtunity though. I have a 70 camaro with an all aspirated 461 bigblock that runs 6.80's in the eigth mile. It is all steel , orig. interior, no cage, leaf spring suspension, etc. etc. What do you guys have in the way of fast street cars? Do any of you guys know anyone that has run on pinks??
Mike

RaceFace
02-21-2007, 06:46 PM
Come on Mike, lay some pics on us! ;)

Baja Big Dog
02-21-2007, 06:56 PM
:confused:

SummitKarl
02-21-2007, 07:07 PM
12:32 in the 1/4, as it sits:D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2734FPGFalcon.jpg

FlatStupid
02-21-2007, 07:09 PM
Pretty good for a Ford!!!:D

SummitKarl
02-21-2007, 07:27 PM
Pretty good for a Ford!!!:D
it's all in the Chevy Alternator I use:D

wolfie
02-21-2007, 07:30 PM
Here's my kids car. Healthy 350 in it. Didn't want anything with more HP as he's only 16.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/71_el_camino.jpg

Havasu1986
02-21-2007, 07:31 PM
That would be a good sig line Karl if I wasn't computer ignorant.:mad:

SummitKarl
02-21-2007, 07:33 PM
Here's my kids car. Healthy 350 in it. Didn't want anything with more HP as he's only 16.
must be a damn good kid to get a car like that for 16....VERY NICELY DONE looks good, now lets pray that he dosen't wadd it up like most of us did with our first hot rod:jawdrop:

wolfie
02-21-2007, 08:07 PM
must be a damn good kid to get a car like that for 16....VERY NICELY DONE looks good, now lets pray that he dosen't wadd it up like most of us did with our first hot rod:jawdrop:
He paid for most of it himself. It's become a pretty good hammer over his head. If his grades drop I get it.:D His grades have actually gotten better.
It's his baby so he doesn't race around too much. Although his buddy's sister just ran it over with a lifted truck. Thank god it's pretty low, so the only damage was a little to the front fender where the rear tire hit it.

phebus
02-21-2007, 09:16 PM
I can go zero to barstool in 6.7 seconds. Maybe we should race for tabs. :D

Havasu1986
02-21-2007, 09:25 PM
I can go zero to barstool in 6.7 seconds. Maybe we should race for tabs. :D
I think your campaign advisor should have you refrain from divulging your drinking habits.:D

TBONE1904
02-21-2007, 09:36 PM
Here are a couple we have been plagued with injection problems....well it turned out to be the cam will see what it runs now...It ran a 9.90 but it should be much faster...low 9's high 8's....oh yah just got it painted

dumbandyoung
02-21-2007, 09:46 PM
parents that buy their kids bitchen 1st cars have a specail place in heave reserved for them:D
good luck in the race

sangervdrive
02-21-2007, 09:55 PM
Here are a couple we have been plagued with injection problems....well it turned out to be the cam will see what it runs now...It ran a 9.90 but it should be much faster...low 9's high 8's....oh yah just got it painted
I'm sorry but that hood is disgustiong, I would much rather see a stock hood with a huge hole in it. Love the question marks on the headlight spots though, thats awesome.

TBONE1904
02-21-2007, 10:10 PM
the new paint job is going to have the ? marks also....that pic was 30 minutes out of the booth!.........yah yah yah about the hood you either hate it or know its my car!!!!!!

Magic34
02-21-2007, 10:40 PM
I can probably get you on the show if you are serious. PM me if you really want to be on it. They were filming last weekend in Florida. You probably wont get in until next season, but they can put you on as an alternate for the current season they are filming.

wolfie
02-21-2007, 10:53 PM
I think that you'll have to put a cage in it. Anything sub 12 needs at least a
4 point cage and a drive shaft hoop I believe. I forget what NHRA says the cutoff for time is before you have to have a 6-8 point cage.

02-22-2007, 12:04 AM
6.80 is pretty quick in the 1/8th! You'll need a full cage (6.99 and quicker, 1/8th), all SFI "spinning" parts, driveshaft loop, non-"c"clip axles, harness, window net, and a host of other heavy goodies that are sure to slow you down!:D
So far Pinks hasn't required anyone follow the HNRA rulebook. After the first real crash (and lawsuit), they'll probably start enforcing rules.

HaulinAss
02-22-2007, 12:40 AM
Pinks is a joke.Fun to watch but wouldnt EVER participate in it.A group of my freinds went down there last Jan after being invited.The 2 cars they brought werent "what Pinks was looking for" Both cars were tight,one a low 10 sec grand nat and a low 9 sec 69 Camaro 10.5 4 link car.Long story was another guy that was backing the deal,who is a COMPLETE ASSHAT named Alex Fagboy or some shit like that.He bought the Black 4th gen SB2 based Camaro from Miller Race cars so he could be on the show.He had the guy who drove for Miller drive it as well in this show,basically doing NOTHING.They took home that 70 Nova from Texas "SUPPOSEDLY" but it was NEVER seen nor was the Camaro.I think it was a BS deal and he never even thanked the people who got him there...................In other words he is a POS.He was back a few months later with another "BOUGHT" car,that being the Wooly Mammoth Vega Wagon.A fellow racer from the bay,Chris Chow piloted that car...........THEY LOST :D
Another freind went to the 9sec deal in AZ for STREET TYPE CARS a few months back,He QUALIFIED the field but his car again "wasnt what pinks was looking for" so when they called all the cars to the lanes they left him out even though he was told he made the field.That fag Rich said oh well you got to race anyhow so dont cry about it.It got ugly and needless to say he came all that way from San Jose for NOTHING! It was kewl however as another homie from PSCA went to the finals but was beat by some POS Altered or some shit,not even a CAR!
That dude Rich is a fukkin homo.If you notice its always the same fukking people always getting on there.I wouldnt waste my time,money or anything.It is kewl to watch from the comfort of my couch though!

RiverRatMike
02-22-2007, 05:06 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2734FPGFalcon.jpg
I find that hard to believe that your falcon runs 12's in the quarter. I think we need to get a race there between the el camino and the falcon soon.

RitcheyRch
02-22-2007, 05:17 AM
Looks good with the IROC wheels. Love those old Elkies.

RitcheyRch
02-22-2007, 05:22 AM
I read about this on a few street racing forums and on the PSCA site.
Pinks is a joke.Fun to watch but wouldnt EVER participate in it.A group of my freinds went down there last Jan after being invited.The 2 cars they brought werent "what Pinks was looking for" Both cars were tight,one a low 10 sec grand nat and a low 9 sec 69 Camaro 10.5 4 link car.Long story was another guy that was backing the deal,who is a COMPLETE ASSHAT named Alex Fagboy or some shit like that.He bought the Black 4th gen SB2 based Camaro from Miller Race cars so he could be on the show.He had the guy who drove for Miller drive it as well in this show,basically doing NOTHING.They took home that 70 Nova from Texas "SUPPOSEDLY" but it was NEVER seen nor was the Camaro.I think it was a BS deal and he never even thanked the people who got him there...................In other words he is a POS.He was back a few months later with another "BOUGHT" car,that being the Wooly Mammoth Vega Wagon.A fellow racer from the bay,Chris Chow piloted that car...........THEY LOST :D
Another freind went to the 9sec deal in AZ for STREET TYPE CARS a few months back,He QUALIFIED the field but his car again "wasnt what pinks was looking for" so when they called all the cars to the lanes they left him out even though he was told he made the field.That fag Rich said oh well you got to race anyhow so dont cry about it.It got ugly and needless to say he came all that way from San Jose for NOTHING! It was kewl however as another homie from PSCA went to the finals but was beat by some POS Altered or some shit,not even a CAR!
That dude Rich is a fukkin homo.If you notice its always the same fukking people always getting on there.I wouldnt waste my time,money or anything.It is kewl to watch from the comfort of my couch though!

x7734x
02-22-2007, 06:18 AM
Did anyone hear about Rich riding around on some guy's GSXR 1000 and dumping it,and then just get's up picks the bike up and walks away? Rich didn't even say anything to the guy after wrecking it.
A good friend of mine was going to run his turbo hayabusa down in Phoenix but the other guy they had that wanted to race backed out after seeing my friends bike.

Run_em_Hard
02-22-2007, 07:00 AM
Pinks have been tryin to get some diesel drags going with some of us over at cumminsforum.com but its hard to throw up your own personal vehicle.

bead
02-22-2007, 12:56 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2734FPGFalcon.jpgis that a sprint? i had a 63 1/2 sprint w/a 4 speed and a 65 w/ a 351w . both very fun cars . yours is beautiful. always looks good in red !

Jrocket
02-22-2007, 09:06 PM
I find that hard to believe that your falcon runs 12's in the quarter. I think we need to get a race there between the el camino and the falcon soon.
Let me know when this happens,cause I'd like to race the winner.

HaulinAss
02-23-2007, 03:52 AM
shit hit me up I have an 86 mustang or 2 with bolt ons id like to play around with.

SummitKarl
02-23-2007, 07:43 AM
is that a sprint? i had a 63 1/2 sprint w/a 4 speed and a 65 w/ a 351w . both very fun cars . yours is beautiful. always looks good in red !
Thank you and yes it's a 64 Sprint..Alu. 347, 5spd,9", 4w disk, RnP steering:D

SummitKarl
02-23-2007, 07:47 AM
so when do you want to race?..cause RiverRatMikes car has not seen reqistration, insurance or the light of day in years:rolleyes: :D

Magic34
02-23-2007, 08:18 AM
Season 1 was a joke. I am good friends with the orig owner of Wolly Mammoth. They never exchanged Pinks in season 1 because people bitched out once they got there.
They changed policy since season 2. Rich does have some dumb ideas, but the show is still #1 on the Speed Channel. 2+ million viewers a week.
They now really do give up pink slips, but I know a few races haev been screwed because of some of the calls Rich makes. Put it this way... Some others on the show dont agree sometimes how stuff goes down.

02-23-2007, 10:13 AM
That Sprint is a light car! Given his engine/trans package Karl probably runs low 12s with the AC on and 3 passengers!:jawdrop: RRM, make sure you don't bring a knife to gunfight! :D
-----Rob

Cruzzze
02-23-2007, 10:22 AM
Here's my two street cars..............
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/photo27.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/photo126.jpg

Run_em_Hard
02-23-2007, 11:14 AM
Damn Cruz thats pretty hard core right there...nice.

Cruzzze
02-23-2007, 11:19 AM
Well the race cars were busy so I brought these two out!........kidding.......I have a blown 500" 55 chev but broke a damn crank in it....nice, so it's motorless as we speak..........

Biglue
02-23-2007, 11:25 AM
I read about this on a few street racing forums and on the PSCA site.
Irocs look very nice on many cars. Especially the 80 and 90's era cars.

superdave013
02-23-2007, 11:30 AM
Cruzzze, you must race against my old highschool pal Mitch Smith.

SummitKarl
02-23-2007, 11:32 AM
Well the race cars were busy so I brought these two out!........kidding.......I have a blown 500" 55 chev but broke a damn crank in it....nice, so it's motorless as we speak..........
ouch.....time to opt for the eagle esp forged crank and H-beam rods:D
BTW first rail I drove was a Dragmaster sling shot, old Dode Martin was buddy of mine, let me try the rail when I was 16....hung my sack over the 9" and let it rip.....9:70 got to the end stoped and puked right on the left slick

Cruzzze
02-23-2007, 11:40 AM
Mitch Smith, yep from back east, great guy, has a couple of cars for sale right now with Jasper engines. I think he's selling cars right now.
Actually, this was a Callies crank, I think when it was balanced, it was dropped. I had a little birdy tell me that from the balancers. S*** happens. I have Carillo rods in it so was never worried about breakage. I only run about 20% boost on it for the street, then I get hastled by the local enforcement officers because the blower, two holleys and the old style hilborn injector scoop sits way out of the hood. 4" above the hood is legal....WTF?

Jrocket
02-23-2007, 07:11 PM
so when do you want to race?..cause RiverRatMikes car has not seen reqistration, insurance or the light of day in years:rolleyes: :D
Whaaaaat? All that barking he does about his camino and he cant even drive it?:rolleyes:
Ok Karl...next time Im up in Havasu I'll let you know so we can line them up.Bring your cash!:D

SummitKarl
02-23-2007, 08:36 PM
Whaaaaat? All that barking he does about his camino and he cant even drive it?:rolleyes:
it's a bench racer thing:rolleyes: :D
Ok Karl...next time Im up in Havasu I'll let you know so we can line them up.Bring your cash!:D
sooooo......what cha bringing:confused: :D
BTW...love your sig line.....that cracks me up:D

RitcheyRch
02-23-2007, 08:40 PM
Thats why they on my MCSS. :D
Irocs look very nice on many cars. Especially the 80 and 90's era cars.

vee-driven
02-23-2007, 09:08 PM
Just kidding. ;) I wish i had the oppurtunity though. I have a 70 camaro with an all aspirated 461 bigblock that runs 6.80's in the eigth mile. It is all steel , orig. interior, no cage, leaf spring suspension, etc. etc. What do you guys have in the way of fast street cars? Do any of you guys know anyone that has run on pinks??
Mike
i was gonna say why, do you have a mustang or a ricer, but i see you have a camaro so nevermind.

Jrocket
02-23-2007, 09:12 PM
it's a bench racer thing:rolleyes: :D
sooooo......what cha bringing:confused: :D
BTW...love your sig line.....that cracks me up:D
My wifes car.I'll even leave my daughters car seat in the back for the humiliation factor.:D

SummitKarl
02-23-2007, 09:21 PM
My wifes car.I'll even leave my daughters car seat in the back for the humiliation factor.:D
well ok then....you mind if I get my dog out of the back seat first:D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/85too_fast1.jpg

Jrocket
02-23-2007, 09:24 PM
Too bad theres no drag strips near Havasu,I'd really like to race your car Karl.Looks like back roads street racing will have to do.

SummitKarl
02-23-2007, 10:41 PM
Too bad theres no drag strips near Havasu,I'd really like to race your car Karl.Looks like back roads street racing will have to do.
not to worry...I have the gate code to the airport :D :D

THE FRANCHISE
02-24-2007, 01:23 PM
1989 MUSTANG 5.0
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/DOWNROCKER1/1989-ford-mustang-gt.jpg

Jrocket
02-24-2007, 04:18 PM
not to worry...I have the gate code to the airport :D :D
Sounds good.I dont get down to Havasu too often,but next time im there we are lining them up.:D

kcvega
02-24-2007, 04:43 PM
Fast street car?http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e105/kcvega/clockerwheelie.jpg

Kilrtoy
02-24-2007, 04:44 PM
Not too sure if I buy that one

kcvega
02-24-2007, 04:51 PM
Forgot to add mine will run 12.32 also.

DMOORE
02-24-2007, 04:56 PM
Fast street car?http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e105/kcvega/clockerwheelie.jpg
Street cars that wheelie rock!!!!!
Darrell.

Jrocket
02-24-2007, 10:17 PM
Forgot to add mine will run 12.32 also.
What does it run?

kcvega
02-25-2007, 06:07 AM
This is along the theme of Pinks so I'll stick to 12's. :)

SummitKarl
02-25-2007, 09:42 AM
This is along the theme of Pinks so I'll stick to 12's. :)
that picture is just a weeeee.... bit more than a 12 sec. hole shot ;)
I would guess 10:90's:D

565edge
02-25-2007, 09:54 AM
This is my little street car.We use this to go on trips and family vacations LOL.Been 9.90 at 138mph with a hurt sbc.Hoping for low 9's this year.

kcvega
02-25-2007, 12:35 PM
that picture is just a weeeee.... bit more than a 12 sec. hole shot ;)
I would guess 10:90's:D About a couple seconds off. Actually it's been 10.50 @ 127.8 on motor on 91 octane. And just a little faster with the plate or fogger. :)
Just a little 400 smallblock.

boatnam2
02-25-2007, 12:43 PM
Street cars that wheelie rock!!!!!
Darrell.
man i miss my old vega agter seeing pic.

SummitKarl
02-25-2007, 06:17 PM
About a couple seconds off. Actually it's been 10.50 @ 127.8 on motor on 91 octane. And just a little faster with the plate or fogger. :)
Just a little 400 smallblock.
not a bad guess from a still photo huh?:D
my neighbor has a 400SBC full roller with a edelbrock dual quad cross ram on it, he wants $3k for it, I am actually considering it for my boat, but been debating if I should just turn my 350 into a all forged 383 for $2k, you have any pros/cons for me to consider:confused:

kcvega
02-25-2007, 06:30 PM
The day of that pic it was running 9.20's and 30's @ 3300lbs. Ever heard of a Vega weighing that much? Endend up on the back bumper later that night. I'd go 383 personally. Never had good luck with factory 400 blocks but that was mainly due to running nitrous and possibly some of my learning curve. :) The 400's just have thinner walls typically and can run hotter.

SummitKarl
02-25-2007, 07:38 PM
The day of that pic it was running 9.20's and 30's @ 3300lbs. Ever heard of a Vega weighing that much? Endend up on the back bumper later that night. I'd go 383 personally. Never had good luck with factory 400 blocks but that was mainly due to running nitrous and possibly some of my learning curve. :) The 400's just have thinner walls typically and can run hotter.
3300lbs:confused: I would expect around 2300, you must have been sand bagging the rear:D
yup that is my hold back on the 400...the heating issue, think I will order the forged 383 Eagle kit:D

WaTchTheGelCoat
02-26-2007, 02:25 AM
Did anyone hear about Rich riding around on some guy's GSXR 1000 and dumping it,and then just get's up picks the bike up and walks away? Rich didn't even say anything to the guy after wrecking it.
A good friend of mine was going to run his turbo hayabusa down in Phoenix but the other guy they had that wanted to race backed out after seeing my friends bike.
From what I heard, he was on a CBR600RR and tried to do a stand up wheelie, and failed, bad. That guy is a complete tool. I know a few people from Chicago that went on that show. Basically that Rich guy makes you race the way he wants. What you dont see on TV is the real negotiations. I ask everyone here to not watch that show. Rich asshat knows absolutely nothing about racing. The show idea is great, that i give to him, but get someone else to run it. Don prudhomme, or another drag racing legend wold make the show muche better.
The bottom line, imhho, the show still looks fake.

HaulinAss
02-26-2007, 02:41 AM
This is my little street car.We use this to go on trips and family vacations LOL.Been 9.90 at 138mph with a hurt sbc.Hoping for low 9's this year.
Hey lemme know if you are down for a lil race.Ill be down in Bako in Apr for that WCHRA deal.Ive beat that car before but im sure its a whole new beast now.So ill be bringing a comparable car ;)

kcvega
02-26-2007, 07:18 AM
3300lbs:confused: I would expect around 2300, you must have been sand bagging the rear:D
yup that is my hold back on the 400...the heating issue, think I will order the forged 383 Eagle kit:D
Mine normally weighs 3100 with me in it. It still has all factory stuff in it, not stripped out. I added 200 lbs to race a Heavy Street class. Pinks should just come to some real street races and film it like some of those 20/20 or whatever shows have done.