PDA

View Full Version : What"s Up With The Spam Section??

Not So Fast
02-22-2007, 08:26 AM
I cant believe all of the nice late model boats being put up for sale, some priced well and some not, but damn it seems to me that a lot of the HBer's are selling out. Is it just tired of boating, the price of fuel, or the inflation on every single thing we now buy ? Maybe the equity lines have dried up or folks have over extended themselves I guess. Maybe riding that fine line HUH?? I wonder if the lake will be less crowded this year because of these things, naw, I doubt that but one can hope. NSF

boatnam2
02-22-2007, 08:31 AM
yea there is alot of stuff for sale.im going to try and sell our deckboat in another couple of weeks.just tired of the bigger boat blues...towing washing etc etc for as much boating as we do now i think a 23ft or so boat would be ok.

OutCole'd
02-22-2007, 08:32 AM
It seems to me, that most are for sale to move up, not out.

phebus
02-22-2007, 08:33 AM
I'm hoping for less crowds too, but I couldn't beleive how crowded it was last weekend. It's February. :confused:
I did go out two days ago though, and I saw about two other boats on the whole lake. :D

phebus
02-22-2007, 08:35 AM
And, I know a couple of the nicer boats are on there because their owners see this as a good time to purchase a bigger and better home for their families.

TCN
02-22-2007, 08:37 AM
I can speak only for us. We are definately not over extended but on a single income somthing has to go in order to get a bigger house at home. When our play house that we paid pennies for is nicer, bigger, newer, better floor plan than our main residence it gets discouraging to go home from the river. Our goal is to find a bigger house without having to sell anything but the main house, but we are finding out that you get what you pay for. Our MAJOR downfall is that we have high standards and I am not a general contractor. My .02. Nick

yopengo
02-22-2007, 08:38 AM
Bigger…I wish…. the wife is putting the screws to me for a Pontoon….:rolleyes:

FREIND OF AA AND TA
02-22-2007, 08:42 AM
If you look at the whole picture it's no big deal. What 30 boats for sale out of the thousands of people on this site. Normal #s to me. Everyone has a different reason. I think it seams like a lot when they are jamed together in one spot. Judging from the amount of people in the channel last Saturday we are scroowed!!!!! Get ready for the busiest summer ever!!!!!

catman-do
02-22-2007, 08:46 AM
Hopefully the ***boat site isnt representative of what to come. I am hoping that the bayliner crowds are the ones getting pinched out this summer.

Havasu_Dreamin
02-22-2007, 08:55 AM
Judging from the amount of people in the channel last Saturday we are scroowed!!!!! Get ready for the busiest summer ever!!!!!
Keep in mind the crowds last weekend were larger than normal for February becasue it was Fireworks weekend AND the weather was fantastic. If the weather had been typical for the time of year the crowd in the channel would have been lessened by at least 75%.....

HocusPocus
02-22-2007, 09:01 AM
if your expecting crowds to drop on any weekend in havi... fah-get about it. this is why i gave up weekends along time ago.. we get in sunday afternoon and leave friday morning.
im glad im not selling anything this year :D

Sandbar Mike
02-22-2007, 09:03 AM
I cant believe all of the nice late model boats being put up for sale, some priced well and some not, but damn it seems to me that a lot of the HBer's are selling out. Is it just tired of boating, the price of fuel, or the inflation on every single thing we now buy ? Maybe the equity lines have dried up or folks have over extended themselves I guess. Maybe riding that fine line HUH?? I wonder if the lake will be less crowded this year because of these things, naw, I doubt that but one can hope. NSF
I think we are all just trying to sell our boats so we can step up to a Magic Deckboat!;)

SummitKarl
02-22-2007, 09:04 AM
everyone has their own reasons for selling, some to move up some to move out and so on,
but yes it does seem to be less crowded each year on the lake, up till 2000 a 20' boat was fine for the lake, then the boom of big boats and hit and even a 23' was pushing it for safety/comfort..it all seemed to peek about 2004, and 2005 was better, last summer there definitely were less boats than years past

SummitKarl
02-22-2007, 09:16 AM
I can speak only for us. We are definately not over extended but on a single income somthing has to go in order to get a bigger house at home. When our play house that we paid pennies for is nicer, bigger, newer, better floor plan than our main residence it gets discouraging to go home from the river. Our goal is to find a bigger house without having to sell anything but the main house, but we are finding out that you get what you pay for. Our MAJOR downfall is that we have high standards and I am not a general contractor. My .02. Nick
THATS THE POINT OF IT.......:D
hell just returning to the smog, crowds and traffic was depressing enough for me to get out of S.D.;)

jbtrailerjim
02-22-2007, 09:32 AM
everyone has their own reasons for selling, some to move up some to move out and so on,
but yes it does seem to be less crowded each year on the lake, up till 2000 a 20' boat was fine for the lake, then the boom of big boats and hit and even a 23' was pushing it for safety/comfort..it all seemed to peek about 2004, and 2005 was better, last summer there definitely were less boats than years past
Well hopefully this summer will be even better than last. I took a break from Havasu last summer (been going since 86) and actually was going to sell my boat. I was really sick of the crowds and there seemed to be more and more idiots and dirtbags out on the lake. I dunno, maybe I'm just getting old. After a lot of thought though, I decided to keep the boat and I am going to give it a go again this summer. My wife and my two boy's really love going and I didn't want to take that away from them.

cdog
02-22-2007, 09:33 AM
Your boat is awesome. If I could use it I'd buy it. We have to squeeze out 2 kids over the next couple of years. Gonna b busy.:eek:
When I buy our next boat we most likely will be going with a deck boat due to the family. But I may be picking up another Schiada V- drive sometime soon so you never know.

Relaxalot
02-22-2007, 12:53 PM
We are selling our boat because we have our eyes on a new rig. We want to stay a part of crowding problem but be a bigger part.

vee-driven
02-22-2007, 12:56 PM
Your boat is awesome. If I could use it I'd buy it. We have to squeeze out 2 kids over the next couple of years. Gonna b busy.:eek:
When I buy our next boat we most likely will be going with a deck boat due to the family. But I may be picking up another Schiada V- drive sometime soon so you never know.
speaking of spam and schiada v-drives, i got one for sale with a new price of $25k, i am selling it because the next thing you know i had 3 boats and i only need 1, and eventually i want a magic party cat anyways.

TOBTEK
02-22-2007, 12:57 PM
We are selling our boat because we have our eyes on a new rig. We want to stay a part of crowding problem but be a bigger part.
Dan the man, what do you have your eye on?

cdog
02-22-2007, 01:00 PM
speaking of spam and schiada v-drives, i got one for sale with a new price of $25k, i am selling it because the next thing you know i had 3 boats and i only need 1, and eventually i want a magic party cat anyways.
My dad and I have been talking about your boat. We're waiting till he gets his 06 bonus and when I sell the 29 Shockwave to see if we can do it.:) Maybe..............Just Maybe..............;)

dumbandyoung
02-22-2007, 01:09 PM
I would defiantly agree that it was less crowded last year. Especially on the holiday weekends. I mostly stay on the river up by needles or sandbar and I noticed a drop from the few years before. I remember back when I couldn't get a spot on the beach. Last year the Ez- Ups were spread out. I wouldnt. If any thing i hope the seadoo crowd dies down. Its gotten to be fockin crazy in the last few years..my .02

Not So Fast
02-22-2007, 01:54 PM
I would defiantly agree that it was less crowded last year. Especially on the holiday weekends. I mostly stay on the river up by needles or sandbar and I noticed a drop from the few years before. I remember back when I couldn't get a spot on the beach. Last year the Ez- Ups were spread out. I wouldnt. If any thing i hope the seadoo crowd dies down. Its gotten to be fockin crazy in the last few years..my .02
I really dont know how anybody can say it was less crowded last year, especially on Havasu. We have been here 5 years now and without a doubt it has gotten more crowded each year and I spend a lot of time at the Windsor Ramp so I have seen it with my own eyeballs. Saturdays last year were so bad that the ramp was closed on any given Saturday usually by 12 at the latest and when they werent they were so crowded that it was a nightmare of which I have no desire to be part of. Being retired does have its advantages I guess because I usually boat during the week and even then its sometimes crowded. No SORRY,but Idont buy that it is less crowded, and dont tell me about Mohave, its worse on the ramps there!! NSF

ChumpChange
02-22-2007, 02:06 PM
I want a bigger boat. You should always sell things when you don't need to. That way you can wait to get your price. :D

AFD
02-22-2007, 02:16 PM
If you arent over extended why not take an equity line on your primary residence to use as a down payment on the new house, and rent the one you are in now.
I have no idea where you live or how the rental market is there, but if you have equity in your home it would make sense.

Eliminator 4 Life
02-22-2007, 02:16 PM
Im selling mine to get a bigger boat:D Maybe even a deck:)

Relaxalot
02-22-2007, 02:20 PM
Dan the man, what do you have your eye on?
Looking at a new Howard, Conquest, Magic, Shockwave Deck or ? Deck. Right now I am in tire kicker Toby mode but I am looking...I thought my boat would fly off the shelf and that would give me the green light. I do not want two boats in the garage.
Dan Zachary( phoenetically and genetically superior brother)

mrs.rvrluvr
02-22-2007, 06:16 PM
Looking at a new Howard, Conquest, Magic, Shockwave Deck or ? Deck. Right now I am in tire kicker Toby mode but I am looking...I thought my boat would fly off the shelf and that would give me the green light. I do not want two boats in the garage.
Dan Zachary( phoenetically and genetically superior brother)
our conquest is in the spam we would love to sell it to you so we can buy tobys boat.

Havasu_Dreamin
02-22-2007, 06:20 PM
Looking at a new Howard
Just took delivery of a Howard Sportdeck in December. If you've got any questions let me know. Gene and Mike at Howard, in addition to everyone else, were great to work with and they build a phenomenal boat.
If you go the Howard route from what I understand if you were to order today you would not get it delivered until sometime in July due to current orders…..But that should not discourage you.....

Tom Brown
02-22-2007, 06:36 PM
I'm surprised you were able to find any boats in the spam section.
What that section really needs are categories for different items. If we encourage ***boat to set up a more organized system, I'm sure it would be extremely popular.

Member: 7673
02-22-2007, 08:29 PM
I must be hanging out in the wrong spots:eek:
We are talking about Havasu...Right??:confused:;)

Chipster27
02-22-2007, 08:47 PM
What that section really needs are categories for different items. If we encourage ***boat to set up a more organized system, I'm sure it would be extremely popular.
Ironic you should say that. I just posted the same suggestion in the "Site suggestion" forum. Minimally a Boats and Other subforums would be nice

ratso
02-22-2007, 08:49 PM
...like on Scream and Fly Tom? lol...:D

TheCarDudes
02-22-2007, 09:14 PM
I guess I'll be one of those contributing (sp) to the crowding this year. We just bought a home on the south side of town and bought the Howard the same month. We have actually been coming to Havasu twice a year for a couple of years but with the new purchases, we intend to be there at least every other weekend.:D
I think I'm going to try CatTail to see if the extra 5 mile drive is worth no crowds.?.?

Relaxalot
02-22-2007, 09:59 PM
I guess I'll be one of those contributing (sp) to the crowding this year. We just bought a home on the south side of town and bought the Howard the same month. We have actually been coming to Havasu twice a year for a couple of years but with the new purchases, we intend to be there at least every other weekend.:D
I think I'm going to try CatTail to see if the extra 5 mile drive is worth no crowds.?.?
We have a place on the South Side. Welcome to the neighborhood. Looking forward to meeting you.

Relaxalot
02-22-2007, 11:00 PM
our conquest is in the spam we would love to sell it to you so we can buy tobys boat.
You have a beautiful boat. I think it is priced well. Toby was kind enough to give me a ride in his DCB. I understand why you want to buy it. We are leaning toward the Howard. When my wife says she likes a boat like that why argue? Good luck you should have no problem selling it.

Cas
02-22-2007, 11:31 PM
Ironic you should say that. I just posted the same suggestion in the "Site suggestion" forum. Minimally a Boats and Other subforums would be nice
I suggested something similar awhile back also. I thought it would be good to put a spam section at the top of the different forums. Jet stuff in the bet boat area, v-drive stuff in v-drives, cats in the cats section....you get the idea. It seems like a natural seperation and rather easy to monitor, hell I even offered to moderate one but that part of the suggestion is off the table now.