PDA

View Full Version : Half Asleep

cxr133
01-31-2006, 03:17 PM
So.... i was kinda half asleep/inubriated last night
BUT did a Police officer shoot a guy laying on the ground??
i thought i remember seeing something like that on the news

phebus
01-31-2006, 03:23 PM
No, he told the guy to get up first, then shot him as he was getting up.

cxr133
01-31-2006, 03:27 PM
what city was that... and how come i havent heard anything today about it??

desertbird
01-31-2006, 04:24 PM
Shooting (http://www.nbc4.tv/news/6604502/detail.html)
It's questionable at best.
It sounds like they were each talking smack (cop and soldier) about serving time for their country, etc.
I couldn't tell if the cop says get up or not. (I think just the dude says "I'm getting up, ok?" then bang bang)
Why the hell are you driving 100+ MPH down a city street in Chino, and then getting in a high speed chase with the cops?
Servicemen or not (and I have a lot of respect for them) I always give law enforcement the benefit of the doubt.
This one, like I said, is questionable at best. Judge for yourselves.

desertbird
01-31-2006, 04:33 PM
Well,
Now I am even more suspicious.
The NBC clip now says that the video was confiscated by the sheriffs. Hmmm...it was on nbc this morning, I watched it.
Somebody needs to find it on the net.

djunkie
01-31-2006, 04:36 PM
They just showed the video on the news. Cop was arguing with the guy while he was on the ground. Cop told the guy to get up. As he was getting up he shot him. HMMMMM!!!!!!!

Biglue
01-31-2006, 04:41 PM
It sounds like they were each talking smack (cop and soldier) about serving time for their country, etc.
I couldn't tell if the cop says get up or not. (I think just the dude says "I'm getting up, ok?" then bang bang)
Why the hell are you driving 100+ MPH down a city street in Chino, and then getting in a high speed chase with the cops?
Servicemen or not (and I have a lot of respect for them) I always give law enforcement the benefit of the doubt.
Agreed but if the driver was not armed, there is no justification for using lethal force. That soldier was way outta line no doubt but were his actions really warranted of his own shooting?

djunkie
01-31-2006, 04:44 PM
I completely agree with you. It looked to me that the cop said to get up. But I only saw it once. I'm sure the investigators will sort that out.

desertbird
01-31-2006, 04:50 PM
It's unfortunate that the first inclination from the news media is to make the officers look like the bad guys.
Even worse is the soldiers wife who's story says "He was getting out of the car with his hands up when the officer shot him." We've all seen the video of him on the ground and out of the car for this conversation. Why stop airing the video, only then to air this chick who is making it up as she goes along? :argue:

shootingstar72683
01-31-2006, 04:50 PM
Some people just shouldn't play with guns. That's what desk duty is for.