02-22-2007, 06:55 PM
I have been known to smoke the pink cigar

Havasu1986
02-22-2007, 06:58 PM
Swinger:D

blown dough
02-22-2007, 06:58 PM
Nope, no desire to smell or taste like an ashtray!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom Brown
02-22-2007, 06:59 PM
I'm not a smoker but occasionally, after a terrific meal, I like to head out to the veranda, pick up the pneumatic nail gun, and fire a couple of framing spikes into my cortex.

Jbb
02-22-2007, 07:01 PM
I'm not a smoker but occasionally, after a terrific meal, I like to head out to the veranda, pick up the pneumatic nail gun, and fire a couple of framing spikes into my cortex.
Do you then gyrate in orgasmic spasms?...:D

Forkin' Crazy
02-22-2007, 07:02 PM
Smoked for over 20 years. It has been almost two years without! :cool:

Forkin' Crazy
02-22-2007, 07:03 PM
That explains a lot!!!http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif

mrs.rvrluvr
02-22-2007, 07:03 PM
Swinger:D
jelous?

Tom Brown
02-22-2007, 07:04 PM
Smoked for over 20 years. It has been almost two years without! :cool:
Hey! That's awesome. Good for you, Paul.
It's a great feeling to hear a buddy is taking care of himself. :cool:

shockwaveharry
02-22-2007, 07:05 PM
jelous?
I am! ;)

Tom Brown
02-22-2007, 07:06 PM
Is that you in your avatar?
... because..... well.... holy cow.

Chubby4Life
I quit a couple times, then start back up. My wife says she'd rather see me go outside every few hours than deal with the "quiter's mood" for a week! I'm getting ready to quit again though.:D

Tom Brown
Do you then gyrate in orgasmic spasms?...:D
I enjoy watching the blood squirt out in rhythmic pulses like spooge.

LuckyDaze
02-22-2007, 07:07 PM
I smoke Cigars. :D
~Brian

Boatcop
02-22-2007, 07:27 PM
This poll is invalid, as it doesn't have the required "RD SUX" for one of the choices.

Rexone
02-22-2007, 07:31 PM
Tom there's no weapon at close range that will scare an attacker more than a Senco framing gun firing 16D's rapid fire with the safety held back. I keep one in my office at all times with a long curly hose ready for action in the event some out of control pole smoking bench racer shows up intoxicated and aggressive looking for trouble. A couple coated 16's in the chest or the forehead really slows a potential pole smoker down in a hurry. They work great as an exciting substitute for standard dart competition too but the dart board really takes a beating.
I'm a registered non smoker as well although I did catch my sleeve on fire one time mig welding in the wind.

RitcheyRch
02-22-2007, 07:34 PM
Never had the desire surprising considering my Mother smokes.

Havasu Hangin'
02-22-2007, 07:38 PM
Where's Fast Freddie?
:jawdrop:

Forkin' Crazy
02-22-2007, 07:41 PM
is it because they don't want to see the butts/smell in thier precious car/truck ??
Smokers please enlighten me and others..............:mad:
That is it, but I never started a fire... promise!!! :eek:
http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif

EAZYKILLER2006
02-22-2007, 07:41 PM
How many members are smokers....?
nope , neither of us:mad: i hate smoke

Forkin' Crazy
02-22-2007, 07:42 PM
nope , neither of us:mad: i hate smoke
Love to poke!!!
http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif

Moneypitt
02-22-2007, 07:44 PM
:mad: why do smokers when smoking in thier cars/trucks feel the need to dump "thier" cig butt out the window when done, don't these nimrods have "ashtrays" in thier rides, or is it because thier lazy slobs, or is it because they don't want to see the butts/smell in thier precious car/truck ??
It could be the distration it takes to take their eyes off the road, or blindly fumble for the ashtray. And some of the new stuff no longer has an ashtray. I smoke, but I don't litter the roadways, (anymore).....I got a little deal at Walmart that accepts and extinguishes butts. It has a slanted to the middle recess in the top and is easy to use. I haven't thrown a butt out since I got it........MP

dumbandyoung
02-22-2007, 07:44 PM
social smoker

Biglue
02-22-2007, 08:08 PM
Quit a couple times......always end up smoking again. One of these days I will figure out a ways to quit entirely. :mad:

ratso
02-22-2007, 08:10 PM
... a cigar on very rare occasions... the birth of a child, a marriage, a funeral (my grandpa smoked a pipe for over 70 years) a divorce, and every once in awhile halftime during Monday Night Football.

SoCal_fun
02-22-2007, 08:24 PM
Could you be more specific man http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/7251/smoketx1.gif (http://imageshack.us)
:D :D :D
This was my first thought too! You didn't give any catagories for what we might or might not be smoking. :idea: :)

Mrs.Killer
02-22-2007, 08:24 PM
Nope, no desire to smell or taste like an ashtray!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, what she said.......

Devil's Advocate
02-22-2007, 08:25 PM
only socially...
A few drinks may equal a couple cigarettes.

RaceFace
02-22-2007, 08:28 PM
I started at 14...quit at 19. Its been 20 years. No need to smoke now....I discovered alcohol!!!! WoooHoooo!

blown65
02-22-2007, 08:30 PM
Started at about 13. (special thanks to my cousin)
Quit about 6 yrs ago, so glad too.

ratso
02-22-2007, 08:39 PM
Yeah, what she said.......
My last wife smoked a lot, but it was strange, she never tasted like it... but then there were others that would about make me gag.

Tom Brown
02-22-2007, 08:40 PM
Do you smoke, Ratso? Do they allow smoking in bars in TX?

mrs.rvrluvr
02-22-2007, 08:43 PM
Is that you in your avatar?
... because..... well.... holy cow.
all me with a little help from Doctor Double D:)

Havasu1986
02-22-2007, 08:44 PM
I don't smoke but I chew Red Man. When a smoker blows smoke my way I spit on them. Tobacco is the same in any form.:D

ratso
02-22-2007, 08:45 PM
Do you smoke, Ratso? Do they allow smoking in bars in TX?
A cigar on occasion. Most of the bars here still allow smoking, and yes, a shower is in order after being out in the bars all night. We will be going to non smoking soon. It gets so bad at times that some people will leave because of the smoke and their eyes burning from it...

Tom Brown
02-22-2007, 08:59 PM
That's interesting. I was curious because I knew you had a bar.
I used to work with some younger guys who hung out at a local bar/pool hall regularly. Every few weeks, I'd go hang out with them for an hour or two.
The reason it was only an hour or two was because I'd get some pretty crazy headaches and usually throw up after being in the blue haze of their cigar smoke filled company.
The first time I hung out with these guys I came home dizzy and nauseous. I felt so lousy that I went to bed and went to sleep pretty much instantly. A couple of hours later, I woke up. It was the first time I've ever been woken up by a smell. It was like RJ Reynolds moved their manufacturing plant into my bedroom. I had to get up and move my clothes downstairs.
When I mentioned it to the guys, their first response was, "Oh.... you can't leave your clothes in the room after coming home from the bar. You have to put them outside and then have a shower before going to bed."
:D :D :D :D

Windy
02-22-2007, 09:01 PM
My dad has smoked all my life...and because of this my brother and I have always hated cigs.

ratso
02-22-2007, 09:11 PM
That's interesting. I was curious because I knew you had a bar.
I used to work with some younger guys who hung out at a local bar/pool hall regularly. Every few weeks, I'd go hang out with them for an hour or two.
The reason it was only an hour or two was because I'd get some pretty crazy headaches and usually throw up after being in the blue haze of their cigar smoke filled company.
The first time I hung out with these guys I came home dizzy and nauseous. I felt so lousy that I went to bed and went to sleep pretty much instantly. A couple of hours later, I woke up. It was the first time I've ever been woken up by a smell. It was like RJ Reynolds moved their manufacturing plant into my bedroom. I had to get up and move my clothes downstairs.
When I mentioned it to the guys, their first response was, "Oh.... you can't leave your clothes in the room after coming home from the bar. You have to put them outside and then have a shower before going to bed."
:D :D :D :D
The smell on your clothes the next morning can be pretty nauseous... We are trying to get all the bars to stop the smoking at the same time... a joint effort, so as it shouldn't adversely affect business with some having smoking and some not. Right now we have an ash tray at every table and one per every two seats for people sitting at the bar... I'm ready for it to go away...

rrrr
02-22-2007, 09:32 PM
The smell on your clothes the next morning can be pretty nauseous... We are trying to get all the bars to stop the smoking at the same time... a joint effort, so as it shouldn't adversely affect business with some having smoking and some not. Right now we have an ash tray at every table and one per every two seats for people sitting at the bar... I'm ready for it to go away...
When I come home from a bar, I have to undress in the garage and hit the shower. The smell is fawkin' awful.....
It's been over ten years since I quit, and I'm one of those reformed smoker assholes. :D :D

Tom Brown
02-22-2007, 09:53 PM
Right now we have an ash tray at every table and one per every two seats for people sitting at the bar...
Right now we have an ash tray at every table and one per every two seats for people sitting at the bar...
A guy I used to work with was into hacking satellite TV. He got discouraged when it got to the point his card needed work every couple of days. For a while he was going to his 'provider' all the time and I went with him one day at lunch.
The place was upstairs of a Chinese food take out service. It was perhaps the worst shithole I've ever been in. There were four young asian men hunched over computers perched atop rickety card tables, banging away on huge stacks of contraband DirecTV cards. Every one of them were smoking. On the tables beside them were salad bowls overflowing with ash and crushed out cigarettes.
They would watch progress bars for minutes at a time, just staring at the screen like they were in a trance. Blue smoke trails curled up from lit cigarettes resting in ice cream pails beside them.
These guys were all but mute. They'd pick up the phone, listen for a while, then say 'yeah' and hang up. It was like a bad Charles Bronson movie.
Our stay in that haze was extended when a call came in and our guy left. After about ten minutes, we asked where he went. The remaining work bee said nothing, nor did they look up from their screens. A couple more minutes went by and we asked if he was coming back. One of the guys broke the eerie smoke filled silence to say two words..... "food delivery".

HCS
02-22-2007, 11:14 PM
I smoked crack, marijuana, cocaine, oil base afghanistan hash mixed with honey oil extracted from high grade plants.
Oh ya..and PCP.
Never smoked tobacco though, it's not only a dirty habbit that shit will kill ya!!!

Moneypitt
02-22-2007, 11:22 PM
I kinda like the laws here in Cal. It keeps me from stopping at the local watering hole on my way home. I quit going to bars that don't allow smoking, (all), but still frequent the ones that have outside seating, (few, and not convienant)....So, in a way the law has assisted me in less alcohol consumption while home in Cali...........MP

spectras only
02-22-2007, 11:31 PM
I smoked crack, marijuana, cocaine, oil base afghanistan hash mixed with honey oil extracted from high grade plants.
Oh ya..and PCP.
Never smoked tobacco though, it's not only a dirty habbit that shit will kill ya!!!
LMAO :)

bwillieb
02-23-2007, 12:48 AM
Oh ya..and PCP.
........Apt lead in to.. PCP.."Oh ya"...........In some circles refered to as..... 'The Spongy Stumbler'............not that I ever:D ........I've seen people do some real strange things on that stuff..........I've got some great stories about that stuff, ..........but to avoid any liable suits.....I'll just say read Chris Lawfords biography(Peter Lawford's son)........His 'Angel Dust" related references are 'very true'.........did over hear a phone conversation from Hyannisport ......."Uncle Teddy's up in a tree with a 'Duster', and won't come down"...............That ones not in the book...........

purrfecttremor
02-23-2007, 04:24 AM
Non smoker for 6 years:D

JetBoatRich
02-23-2007, 04:35 AM
:mad: why do smokers when smoking in thier cars/trucks feel the need to dump "thier" cig butt out the window when done, don't these nimrods have "ashtrays" in thier rides, or is it because thier lazy slobs, or is it because they don't want to see the butts/smell in thier precious car/truck ??
see it all the time:sqeyes: real nice to see the red bouncing down the highway in the dry mountains:sqeyes:

v-drive
02-23-2007, 05:04 AM
I tried to stop a couple of times before my Son who was in kindergarden shamed me into it, I was 28. Thanks Joe(Bowtieomega) if I haven't said it before but I think I have...:D :coffeycup v-drive

photo chick
02-23-2007, 05:12 AM
I just quit after reading this thread :D :D

Mr. C
02-23-2007, 08:49 AM
well my ashtray is full of change, so there is really no other place to put it out, except out the window:D :D :D
And i'm lazy (union workers you know)

catman-do
02-23-2007, 08:54 AM
I quit about 6 mo ago for good! Had quit for 3 years, then went to mexico and found they were so cheap, so figured "why not, its mexico" then got hooked back into it. Now its no more.

Baja Big Dog
02-23-2007, 08:56 AM
Real men can quit....................Stoker.................... .:confused:

Jbb
02-23-2007, 09:12 AM
I just quit after reading this thread :D :D
:rolleyes:

Liberator TJ1984
02-23-2007, 09:14 AM
Luckily , Since both my parents did a good job of Fumigating my brother and me as a kids , neither one of us ever started or had the desire to...
and like Ratso stated ,I will be glad when they put the Bar Smoking ban in effect ;) I got enough second hand smoke to last till I'm 100 already :mad:

ULTRA26 # 1
02-23-2007, 09:49 AM
Been smoking since I was 14. I am in the process of quiting that I am confident will work. Designed a schedule that over a period of 10 weeks will eliminate smoking forever. The schedule began with no smoking allowed during 2 hours of the day. The 2nd week adds 2 more non somking hours, and so on I am in the 5th week and and I am not smoking during 11 hours of the day. The beginning of each week is a bit difficlult but I have found that after 2 or 3 days, no problem. The number of cigs I am smoking is less than half then when I started. Under a 1/2 pack a day now. Quiting in this manner requires dedication and will power, as does any method of quiting. It just seems a bit less traumaatic and stressful than going cold. Anyone who wants a copy of my quit smoking schedule, is welome to it.
John M
ps My Son had asthma, so I haven't smoked in my house in 25 years. Can't stand the smell of smoke.

Jbb
02-23-2007, 10:08 AM
A guy I used to work with was into hacking satellite TV. He got discouraged when it got to the point his card needed work every couple of days. For a while he was going to his 'provider' all the time and I went with him one day at lunch.
The place was upstairs of a Chinese food take out service. It was perhaps the worst shithole I've ever been in. There were four young asian men hunched over computers perched atop rickety card tables, banging away on huge stacks of contraband DirecTV cards. Every one of them were smoking. On the tables beside them were salad bowls overflowing with ash and crushed out cigarettes.
They would watch progress bars for minutes at a time, just staring at the screen like they were in a trance. Blue smoke trails curled up from lit cigarettes resting in ice cream pails beside them.
These guys were all but mute. They'd pick up the phone, listen for a while, then say 'yeah' and hang up. It was like a bad Charles Bronson movie.
Our stay in that haze was extended when a call came in and our guy left. After about ten minutes, we asked where he went. The remaining work bee said nothing, nor did they look up from their screens. A couple more minutes went by and we asked if he was coming back. One of the guys broke the eerie smoke filled silence to say two words..... "food delivery".
Egg foo ash...:D

Caribbean Jet
02-23-2007, 10:25 AM
Never understood smokers. My parents smoked when I was younger and I always had asthma. As soon as I moved out it pretty much went away. I can see how some of the Baby boomers got sucked into smoking, but why the kids today. We know that its most likely going to kill you or give you health issues. Its also so expensive and you smell bad.
To each their own.

BajaMike
02-23-2007, 10:32 AM
I smoked as a kid but quit a long time ago. One of the easiest things I ever did.
The government/tobacco company story that nicotine is addicting is total bull shit……People quit smoking for 50 years without patches and gum and all the other nonsense.:(
But once the government & tobacco companies convinced everyone it was so “addicting”……all of sudden it’s so hard to quit and you need all these aids to do it. It’s their conspiracy to keep all the sales revenue and tax revenue rolling in.:idea:
And who do you think provides the nicotine for the patches and gum???:confused:

Tom Brown
02-23-2007, 10:34 AM
And who do you think provides the nicotine for the patches and gum???:confused:
I just assumed it was scraped off the ceiling tiles of bars and lounges. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif

All-Star
02-23-2007, 10:48 AM
Pole smoke?

BarryMac
02-23-2007, 11:16 AM
Never smoked Cigarettes, however the Zig-Zag man had a tattoo of me on his arm... :D :D
Lots of ladies here that smoke the pink pole, I think Jbb should start another poll... :D

Desert Rat
02-23-2007, 11:17 AM
Also known as the White Owl??:sqeyes:
You should have a third catagory
EX smoker. It is what alot of us would pick.
I quit in 1989 when a inturn treating my oldest son for asthma asked if I smoked. When I replied yes she pointed to my son who was at the time inhaling Abuterol through a nebulizer and said most of his troubles breathing were my fault, in fairness I didn't think I was doing anything wrong being raised in that enviorment myself. Anyway I pretty much quit at that moment. I do smoke cigars outside fro time to time though