PDA

View Full Version : Verizon Wi-Fi service

BADASS38CHEVY
02-23-2007, 02:03 PM
Has anyone used the Verizon Wi-Fi service and is it as fast as dsl.

BajaMike
02-23-2007, 02:10 PM
Has anyone used the Verizon Wi-Fi service and is it as fast as dsl.
I have about 20 users on the Sprint Wi-Fi, and it's supposed to be faster and have better coverage then Verizon, and it's not very fast most of the time (best in major cities and airports). It's never as fast as DSL.
Most of our users use it as a last resort. They still have DSL or cable at home offices, and usually pay for the high speed Internet most hotels have.
:idea:

lalhc
02-23-2007, 02:14 PM
No, Verizon Aircards are not as fast as DSL. Sprint's technology is actually faster than Verizon in most markets. Sprint has the largest RevA (latest technology) market today. Download speeds on Sprint is much quicker than Verizon & Upload is just slightly faster.
Let me know what you are interested in. I am a Business Solutions Partner for Sprint. My website is on my signature.

C-2
02-23-2007, 03:29 PM
I switched from TMobile Hotpsot to Verizon Wireless Broadband and have been very happy. Pretty fast, and has good signal. I've logged on in Riverside, travleled to West La, then down to OC and back to Riverside without losing the connection.
I was happy with TMobile, just too limited. If you're not on secure sites, buy yourself a 2Wire Orinoco Gold card w/a magnet antenna. You can pick up tons of wi fi and unsecured networks. it's the antenna which seals the deal on finding unsecured hotspots.