PDA

View Full Version : That time of the year again....

02-23-2007, 02:24 PM
It that time of the year....The season has opened for the annual "Refinery fire/explosion-sowecanjackupthepriceoffuel" Today's noon news said to expect a $.40-.50 cent/gallon price jump over and above the rising price now because of a refinery fire in Texas and other refinerys are shutting down for routine maintenance. Seems strange there never is a fire or explosion when the prime drive season is winding down or they do their "routine maintenance" in the off season. :mad: :mad:

Jordy
02-23-2007, 02:26 PM
Thanks alot Dub-ya!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
p.s. that was put there for those who don't understand the theory of supply and demand and need a conspiracy scapegoat, and for the tree huggers who haven't allowed a new refinery to be built in 30 years or so and don't understand the theory of supply and demand!!! ;)

Biglue
02-23-2007, 02:30 PM
p.s. that was put there for those who don't understand the theory of supply and demand and need a conspiracy scapegoat, and for the tree huggers who haven't allowed a new refinery to be built in 30 years or so and don't understand the theory of supply and demand!!! ;)
Supply and demand???? :confused: :D

Jordy
02-23-2007, 02:32 PM
Supply and demand???? :confused: :D
OK, Lue, just for you, I'll put it into terms that you can comprende:
Let's say that INS deports 4 of your lawn mowing crew, that would cut into your supply, while at the same time, you low-ball the union landscapers with your crew of vagabond illegals and pick up a few extra contracts for apartment and townhouse lawns, so now your demand increases. How many extra cases of Bud Light are you going to be buying a week for your now limited supply of labor, in order to meet demand??? :D :D :D

Biglue
02-23-2007, 02:45 PM
OK, Lue, just for you, I'll put it into terms that you can comprende:
Let's say that INS deports 4 of your lawn mowing crew, that would cut into your supply, while at the same time, you low-ball the union landscapers with your crew of vagabond illegals and pick up a few extra contracts for apartment and townhouse lawns, so now your demand increases. How many extra cases of Bud Light are you going to be buying a week for your now limited supply of labor, in order to meet demand??? :D :D :D
None.......460 delivers. Bucket-o-chicken per case. :D

460 jus getn it
02-23-2007, 02:45 PM
Holy mother of god.
Lue feel free to take jordys foot out of you ass any time.............LMAO

Biglue
02-23-2007, 02:46 PM
Holy mother of god.
Lue feel free to take jordys foot out of you ass any time.............LMAO
Touche'......wash my shoe off once you get it out of your ass and return it to me........wouldja? :D :D :D :D

460 jus getn it
02-23-2007, 02:49 PM
Touche'......wash my shoe off once you get it out of your ass and return it to me........wouldja? :D :D :D :DYea i saw that, even a blind horse finds water sometime. Nice one bitch

HCS
02-23-2007, 02:53 PM
A barrel of oil was at the lowest level in 7 years last month. Any one see the prices dive at their local gas station??
Not freaking here, the price dropped maybe a dime a gallon if that.
When the price per barrel goes up the local stations don't have a any problem at all jacking the price up 2 and 3 bucks per gallon. But when the price drops they knock it down pennies. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif
There... now I feel better. Not! http://www.***boat.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

Throttle
02-23-2007, 02:56 PM
A barrel of oil was at the lowest level in 7 years last month. Any one see the prices dive at their local gas station??
Not freaking here, the price dropped maybe a dime a gallon if that.
When the price per barrel goes up the local stations don't have a any problem at all jacking the price up 2 and 3 bucks per gallon. But when the price drops they knock it down pennies. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif
There... now I feel better. Not! http://www.***boat.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif
I think I paid more for gas earlier today when I left irvine... but through parker it seemed lower

Biglue
02-23-2007, 03:16 PM
I think I paid more for gas earlier today when I left irvine... but through parker it seemed lower
Regular was $2.09 last week in Havasu.

Baja Big Dog
02-23-2007, 04:35 PM
Hey Jordy, lets wake up the sleeping giant BigWarlock, and sick him on this thread....

BajaMike
02-23-2007, 04:39 PM
Damn, now Jordy's giving us Economics 101.........:idea:
p.s. you just have to be able to read the fine print !! ;)

AZJD
02-23-2007, 04:41 PM
I just got smacked for 2.81 per gallon diesel!:mad: 50.00 bill got me 3/4 tank! I am going to love that first tank of fuel in the boat!

Jordy
02-23-2007, 04:42 PM
I just got smacked for 2.81 per gallon diesel!:mad: 50.00 bill got me 3/4 tank! I am going to love that first tank of fuel in the boat!
Sure am glad I'm riding with you and Rob all Summer. Why do I need a boat??? :D :D :D

AZJD
02-23-2007, 04:43 PM
Sure am glad I'm riding with you and Rob all Summer. Why do I need a boat??? :D :D :D
Wind power!:D :D
And what do you mean riding around with rob? You guys will both be with me and my new blue motor!haha:D :D :D :D :D

AZJD
02-23-2007, 04:44 PM
Can i put a sail on the Warlock?

AZJD
02-23-2007, 04:45 PM
Maybe i could use 460's Fubu's!:D
I know I know! Shut up pinwheel! There I beat you too it Tyro!:D

Jordy
02-23-2007, 04:47 PM
Wind power!:D :D
And what do you mean riding around with rob? You guys will both be with me and my new blue motor!haha:D :D :D :D :D
You know, Froggy did make a good suggestion today when I mentioned having to put the Donzi on the trailer again with one engine and no power steering. We need to flip flop engines. The port engine has been the good one so far and the starboard has been the problem. We need the good engine with the power steering pump. That way I can at least put it on the trailer with one engine WITH power steering. I think he's onto something. Now why don't you suggest it to Rob. I had to tell him about the boat breaking last time. Now it's your turn for a suggestion. :D

AZJD
02-23-2007, 04:48 PM
You know, Froggy did make a good suggestion today when I mentioned having to put the Donzi on the trailer again with one engine and no power steering. We need to flip flop engines. The port engine has been the good one so far and the starboard has been the problem. We need the good engine with the power steering pump. That way I can at least put it on the trailer with one engine WITH power steering. I think he's onto something. Now why don't you suggest it to Rob. I had to tell him about the boat breaking last time. Now it's your turn for a suggestion. :D
My suggestion is we go out on the warlock and leave the sleeping giant alone!;)

Jordy
02-23-2007, 04:50 PM
My suggestion is we go out on the warlock and leave the sleeping giant alone!;)
We could just put the sleeping giant in the pool and have a floating party pad in the back yard with no worries!!! :D :D :D

AZJD
02-23-2007, 04:52 PM
We could just put the sleeping giant in the pool and have a floating party pad in the back yard with no worries!!! :D :D :D
How long before "K" has him getting a new Outer limits?:D :D
We can all sell our boats and ride in style! I think I might make a call! You got the # right?

Jordy
02-23-2007, 04:56 PM
How long before "K" has him getting a new Outer limits?:D :D
We can all sell our boats and ride in style! I think I might make a call! You got the # right?
If by "K" you mean "C" then I figure it's just a matter of time. That new 51' Outerlimits "Performance Yacht" is pretty bad ass. :D :D :D

AZJD
02-23-2007, 04:58 PM
If by "K" you mean "C" then I figure it's just a matter of time. That new 51' Outerlimits "Performance Yacht" is pretty bad ass. :D :D :D
K, C, details details! You know who I mean!:D

Jordy
02-23-2007, 05:00 PM
K, C, details details! You know who I mean!:D
I do like your thinking though:
http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.com/files/13483.jpg
:D :D :D

AZJD
02-23-2007, 05:02 PM
I do like your thinking though:
http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.com/files/13483.jpg
Naw, it's got a Myco trailer......I don't like those. hahaha:D :D

Jordy
02-23-2007, 05:03 PM
Naw, it's got a Myco trailer......I don't like those. hahaha:D :D
It's almost got enough orange to be a DCB though:
http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.com/files/13483_2.jpg

Jordy
02-23-2007, 05:04 PM
Here is a cabin shot of another one (it was on a Myco trailer as well :( )
http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.com/files/10002_8.jpg

AZJD
02-23-2007, 05:04 PM
It's almost got enough orange to be a DCB though:
http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.com/files/13483_2.jpg
That pigs only got 2 engines?

Jordy
02-23-2007, 05:06 PM
That pigs only got 2 engines?
Yeah, only 1075 Mercs too. The one with the cabin I posted has 1200 Sterlings. :D

AZJD
02-23-2007, 05:07 PM
Yeah, only 1075 Mercs too. The one with the cabin I posted has 1200 Sterlings. :D
Booo, I want quad 2.5's!:D :D :D

Jordy
02-23-2007, 05:08 PM
Booo, I want quad 2.5's!:D :D :D
You mean like dual, or even triple QUAD 2.5's??? :D :D :D

AZJD
02-23-2007, 05:12 PM
You mean like dual, or even triple QUAD 2.5's??? :D :D :D
Well whats the beam on that boat?

Jordy
02-26-2007, 09:28 AM
Well whats the beam on that boat?
Not that big. :D

AZJD
02-26-2007, 09:43 AM
Not that big. :D
So u could only squeeze 4 of those off the back!

dirty old man
02-26-2007, 10:26 AM
To get this back on track; I have to use the good stuff in my car, and its just under $3.00 here, and by summer will probably be way over again. In the marina I know it'll be at $4.00+ (but worth every minute of it)

Big Warlock
02-26-2007, 12:10 PM
Hey Jordy, lets wake up the sleeping giant BigWarlock, and sick him on this thread....
Damn It BBD leave me out of it!!! LOL :D

Big Warlock
02-26-2007, 12:17 PM
Neither of you need to bring up the "Outerlimits" issue up with "C"!!! You need to forget the whole thing, got it? I don't need any more grief than what I already have! I think I have my hands full moving from West Scottsdale to East Scottsdale, car issues, Newport Beach issues, Costa Rica Issues and Puerto Vallarta issues. So please stop helping me ok???? :D Go find someone else to help out!! :rolleyes: