PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to Todd for Rhino Run IV

Riomouse911
02-24-2007, 08:45 PM
I got up at 0400, made it to LHC by 0830, and had a blast.. again! I just sat down at home, and wish to send a thanks to Todd for doing all the legwork. I saw a few casualties today, but for the most part everyone was stoked...
Oh, and Todd, PM me an address and I'll send you some bucks for a large shirt and a medium shirt.. I left the wallet in the truck during the run...
Throttle was snapping pics again, as were several others.. hopefully some will be on soon!

Throttle
02-24-2007, 10:13 PM
I got up at 0400, made it to LHC by 0830, and had a blast.. again! I just sat down at home, and wish to send a thanks to Todd for doing all the legwork. I saw a few casualties today, but for the most part everyone was stoked...
Oh, and Todd, PM me an address and I'll send you some bucks for a large shirt and a medium shirt.. I left the wallet in the truck during the run...
Throttle was snapping pics again, as were several others.. hopefully some will be on soon!
hey gang... we really had a great day, thank you Todd for all of you hard work in organizing this event... We look forward to doing it again and again and maybe again...
yes I have almost a hundred pics... i will post later for everyone to see...:D

Not So Fast
02-25-2007, 05:58 AM
hey gang... we really had a great day, thank you Todd for all of you hard work in organizing this event... We look forward to doing it again and again and maybe again...
yes I have almost a hundred pics... i will post later for everyone to see...:D
SLACKARD, geeze :D NSF

Mrs.Racer277
02-25-2007, 06:19 AM
Thank you so much Todd...We had a great time :D :D
Thank you and Gary so much for the gas and watching out for me.....I owe Gary BIG time.
XXOO
Dia

Todd969
02-25-2007, 06:26 AM
I didn't get any at Lowes but here's a few from throughout the day.
THERE WAS OVER 100 vehicles and 200 people.
Thanks to everybody that came and made this yet another great ride.:D :D
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r103/todd969/101_1724.jpg?t=1172413329
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r103/todd969/101_1735.jpg?t=1172413471
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r103/todd969/101_1727.jpg?t=1172413496
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r103/todd969/101_1731.jpg?t=1172413519
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r103/todd969/101_1737.jpg?t=1172413542

Todd969
02-25-2007, 06:30 AM
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r103/todd969/101_1738.jpg?t=1172413582
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r103/todd969/101_1750.jpg?t=1172413605
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r103/todd969/101_1756.jpg?t=1172413629
I'll let Mock explain this. The only ouch I know of. His friend had a tire blow in a wash at 40ish.
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r103/todd969/101_1758.jpg?t=1172413654
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r103/todd969/101_1759.jpg?t=1172413783

TOBTEK
02-25-2007, 07:40 AM
looks like Mock will be investing in some beadlock wheels....... cough up details. hope nobody was hurt! gonna have to get a new rhino to play to do these rides.

BigDoug
02-25-2007, 07:45 AM
I gotta say that Todd is doing a fine job organizing and setting these rides up and they just get bigger and better, Chet who owns Topock Marina said he ran out of buns and wasn't really expecting such a massive turn out of people but nonetheless it was fun.
I got to finally meet customers i detail for but never seen them in person and that was nice !!.......
Here is what we saw: I went to greet everybody in the morning at Lowe's and see them off...............as everyone left Lowe's i still saw 5-7 straglers behind in the parking lot, on the way home i saw 4-5 more rhinos cruising in the desert going to Lowe's....... i go home for a few hours and Richelle and i get ready to meet everyone for lunch in Topock, we get to the Terrible's gas station and see alot of them in the parking lot still, now we jump on the "40" and see a few dust trails but mainly towards the train tracks all the way to Topock, im almost there and as i go under a overpass i see a rhino and some quads crossing over me, my thought is "they were lost and stayed on the Cali side for the ride".......we pull into Topock and there was already 8-10 rhinos, this rhino train stretched for a distance of 15 miles or more from the gas station to Topock.......what a sight to see from the freeway :)
Im sure this will not be the end of somthing great as Todd continues this madness :) ....if you have not done this ride ? do yourself a favor and come out and bring the family (as many did) and enjoy the desert in Az.....Doug :)

Throttle
02-25-2007, 07:52 AM
doug, you looked good from the dirt too...

HatenWinter
02-25-2007, 08:08 AM
THERE WAS OVER 100 vehicles and 200 people.
Holy crap! This has turned into quite the event. Nice work Todd!

OutCole'd
02-25-2007, 08:16 AM
Looks like a great turnout, twice what the first one was. Man am I jonesing to do another. Great job again Todd! I can't wait to see all the pics.
I hope all the Mocks are fine! Sad to see one go over.

INSman
02-25-2007, 09:27 AM
Sorry I missed this one and hope Chris is okay :confused:

BigDoug
02-25-2007, 09:37 AM
Cameron, you forgot i look good with or without dirt on me !! :D

phebus
02-25-2007, 09:57 AM
I'm telling you, they should make those roll cages hoop shaped, so they make the Rhino self righting. :D Weebles Wobble, but they don't fall down.
Hope everyone is OK Chris.

Parker44
02-25-2007, 10:34 AM
Just to clarify, the crash was not Chris, it was Jason from Rancho Motorsports. Everyone was fine, even though the crash was at about 50+ mph. Chris saw the accident and he will give far better details that I could. I was with the group that this happened in, but it happened about 400 yards in front of us and I didn't see it until after.

Parker44
02-25-2007, 10:41 AM
Hey, just noticed my post count is 4. I look like an amateur at this posting thing again. Old count was 4,895,756,830 for those of you still watching counting.
This was my first run and it was a blast even though I was the first to break. Didn't even make it to the Lowe's parking lot, put the long travel on the day before, and one of the brake calipers launched itself into the rim breaking it in 4 places. Thanks to Chris for the ride, he had an extra seat, and even though I was ready to pack it up, he drug me kicking and screaming on the run.
Thanks again to everyone, this was a class act all the way.

GHT
02-25-2007, 10:45 AM
Thanks Todd we had a blast. The body it a little beat up today but it was worth it.
Thanks again and it was fun visiting with the people I was able to chat with.
Don

djunkie
02-25-2007, 11:15 AM
Hey, just noticed my post count is 4. I look like an amateur at this posting thing again. Old count was 4,895,756,830 for those of you still watching counting.
This was my first run and it was a blast even though I was the first to break. Didn't even make it to the Lowe's parking lot, put the long travel on the day before, and one of the brake calipers launched itself into the rim breaking it in 4 places. Thanks to Chris for the ride, he had an extra seat, and even though I was ready to pack it up, he drug me kicking and screaming on the run.
You would have had more fun if it was his wife driving. :D :D

Mrs.Racer277
02-25-2007, 01:17 PM
Thanks Todd we had a blast. The body it a little beat up today but it was worth it.
Thanks again and it was fun visiting with the people I was able to chat with.
Don
Good seeing you again.
I am having muscle awarness day myself.....But I really enjoyed the ride on my quad. :)

djunkie
02-25-2007, 01:19 PM
Good seeing you again.
I am having muscle awarness day myself.....But I really enjoyed the ride on my quad. :)
Waaa. I'll bet you went and sat in your hot tub right afterwards. :D :D

BigDoug
02-25-2007, 02:00 PM
She didn't.....Dia was a tired pup.....but shawn sat in the hot tub with another man or (men) :)

Mrs.Racer277
02-25-2007, 02:23 PM
She didn't.....Dia was a tired pup.....but shawn sat in the hot tub with another man or (men) :)
LOL My arm feels much better today......I think you guys scared Debbie out of the hot tub.:eek: :D

shueman
02-25-2007, 04:34 PM
WOW...what a gang....looks like FUN....:cool:

Magic34
02-25-2007, 05:05 PM
looks like Mock will be investing in some beadlock wheels....... cough up details. hope nobody was hurt! gonna have to get a new rhino to play to do these rides.
That is not Mock's Rhino.
Mock's Rhino is to the right of the one with cage damage. You can only see the back half of it in the picture.

Todd969
02-25-2007, 06:39 PM
If anybody was still needing a shirt, please PM the size. We'll be running more this week.
Also so far we were able to raise just over $1,000.00 for the Tinnel fund.
Again to everyone for supporting the cause.

sigepmock
02-25-2007, 07:00 PM
OK first off we had a great time, even with a little late start after getting Parker44's Rhino on the trailer....after that is all fun and games.
Unfortunately Jason of Rancho Motorsports got to test out his Rhino Tech cade at over 50 mph....:eek: On the dirt road just north of the 40 heading back to the gas statio he passed another Rhino going over fifty....as he came out of the dust trail he saw the dip in the road to late and the back end came around on them....not enough time to react and the rhino went over hard...I counted 20 feet between the first impact...then the second hit and another 20 feet to the final resting place....there was a 2 foot hole where the passenger side front of the cage dug in on the first hit....and they walked away without a scratch!!!:)
The couple in the Rhino that he was passing probably had the best view and she was still asking if we needed to call 911 when I finaly caught up. They said he went over at least 3 times. Jason and his buddy Shannon were standing next to the Rhino laughing and double checking all there body parts....absolutely a testament to a good cage and four point belts....the right rear tire was blown off the rim...we swapped that out with a spare.....tightened the battery cables....adjusted the seats (both seat latches were broken in the impact) and the Rhino fired right up and got them all the way back to Havasu under it's own power...although with a slight lean.
We had a great time again and a huge thanks to Todd for organizing another great event.
Chris<-------- Managed to keep his rhino right side up :D

sigepmock
02-25-2007, 07:04 PM
Dave I definitely think you win the award for earliest break down...and Jason wins for best ariel manuvers:eek:
Glad you "decided" to come along for the ride:D

Mrs.Racer277
02-25-2007, 07:10 PM
If anybody was still needing a shirt, please PM the size. We'll be running more this week.
That is awesome!!! :)

l84zrvr
02-25-2007, 07:16 PM
just wanted to say thanks todd for a great time and meeting some new people we had some pics but the camera broke i'm still trying to get them out again thanks

Thorsinc
02-25-2007, 07:46 PM
Todd – Thank you for the effort you put in to organizing this ride. My daughter and I had a blast. These rides will help ease the tensions around my house, as we all miss summer on the water :mad: . We can’t wait to get covered in dirt again!:)
Thank you
Rog

Kilrtoy
02-25-2007, 07:53 PM
There were a few IDIOT RHINO DRIVERS THAT THOUGHT THEY WERE JUST TOO COOL....
PASSING PEOPLE IN COMPLETE DUST AND OFF THE TRAILS........
And who said Jeeps cant hang with RHINO'S... PLEASE........
TODD THAT WAS AWESOME....
Keep it up. we had a blast....

djunkie
02-25-2007, 07:58 PM
Well if you slow poke Jeep guys would have some courtesy and quit blocking the trail then the Rhinos guys wouldn't have to drive off the trail to pass. :D

INSman
02-25-2007, 09:16 PM
I already asked for an XL if they run small or avg., Large if they run big and are pre-shrunk. ;)

selfmade
02-25-2007, 09:22 PM
Thank you Todd and to all the great people that i met this weekend we had a blast

EAZYKILLER2006
02-25-2007, 10:04 PM
Thank you so much Todd...We had a great time :D :D
Thank you and Gary so much for the gas and watching out for me.....I owe Gary BIG time.
XXOO
Dia
YEA GOTTA WATCH THE GAS THING...WE RAN OUT OF GAS, lucky for us , it was 1 street away from our havi house...we had a great time ...

EAZYKILLER2006
02-25-2007, 10:17 PM
hi thanks again for finding my ring:) ...good eye...
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q71/eazykiller2006/laurtieandyvonne.jpg

Kilrtoy
02-25-2007, 10:46 PM
Well if you slow poke Jeep guys would have some courtesy and quit blocking the trail then the Rhinos guys wouldn't have to drive off the trail to pass. :D
Anytime you want to run, let me know...
it may have cost me double to buy of your rhino, But I bought it, to run it.......
the only thing that held me back was the rhino's
I was catching air better than they were and running alot harder..
BUT,
I also understand, you dont pass people while in convoy.
SO WHEN YOU COMING OUT DJ FLAKE of the F TEAM

Kilrtoy
02-25-2007, 10:47 PM
hi thanks again for finding my ring:) ...good eye...
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q71/eazykiller2006/laurtieandyvonne.jpg
DAMN YOU GUYS LOOK GOOD TOGETHER, SORRY WE MISSED THE PARTY SATURDAY NIGHT....NEXT TIME WE WONT MISS OUT:D

djunkie
02-25-2007, 10:50 PM
Anytime you want to run, let me know...
it may have cost me double to buy of your rhino, But I bought it, to run it.......
the only thing that held me back was the rhino's
I was catching air better than they were and running alot harder..
BUT,
I also understand, you dont pass people while in convoy.
SO WHEN YOU COMING OUT DJ FLAKE of the F TEAM
I look forward to giving you a run for your money. The 1st run last year on the 1st beverage stop 4 of us waitied for everyone to clear so we could run hard. And we did. Having that many people makes the ride a litle slow so we just ended up waiting till the path cleared.
Hopefully I can make the next one if I have a place to stay. If not then I won't be out till April when I get my house back.

EAZYKILLER2006
02-25-2007, 10:57 PM
is that you dave?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v70/phlint/My%20Pics/Myspace%20posting/anim199.gifgood seeing you guys ..the rim :( THAT was incredible, to see it actually broke in 4 places:sqeyes: LUCKY no
one was hurt...i was going to give you my spot, or dallas :D and ride with the killers, the dust is ALWAYS sooo bad:( ...and i needed to give my liver a break...but i was tuff and downed all that "jack" and made it!!! :devil:

Kilrtoy
02-25-2007, 11:03 PM
I look forward to giving you a run for your money. The 1st run last year on the 1st beverage stop 4 of us waitied for everyone to clear so we could run hard. And we did. Having that many people makes the ride a litle slow so we just ended up waiting till the path cleared.
Hopefully I can make the next one if I have a place to stay. If not then I won't be out till April when I get my house back.
We have a place for your rhino,trailer and a queen size bed waiting for you. COME ON DOWN...
So what is the date

Kilrtoy
02-25-2007, 11:05 PM
i was going to give you my spot, or dallas :D and ride with the killers, the dust is ALWAYS sooo bad:
STOP TEASING;)

djunkie
02-25-2007, 11:06 PM
We have a place for your rhino,trailer and a queen size bed waiting for you. COME ON DOWN...
So what is the date
I'll know when Todd makes plans for the next ride.

EAZYKILLER2006
02-25-2007, 11:10 PM
STOP TEASING;)
no joke:( you saw how dirty i was...if i didnt drink all that jack:( i know i wouldnt of made the run...i had all that JACK down :D before we left lowes parking lot...NEVER:sqeyes: DID THAT BEFORE AT 930 IN THE MORNING...:devil:

EAZYKILLER2006
02-25-2007, 11:14 PM
I'll know when Todd makes plans for the next ride.
HEY I ASKED FIRST? :( WTF J/K:D well:confused: you did say ya wanted to get jumped...i see how it is...so you're a left handed batter huh? sooo its like that...OKAY... i understand...:yuk:

djunkie
02-25-2007, 11:17 PM
HEY I ASKED FIRST? :( WTF J/K:D well:confused: you did say ya wanted to get jumped...i see how it is...so you're a left handed batter huh? sooo its like that...OKAY... i understand...:yuk:
Left handed batter?
Anytime your feeling froggy you can jump me if you'd like. LOL!!!!!!!!:D :D

Kilrtoy
02-25-2007, 11:18 PM
OK lets make our own SWINGERS RUN...
IM JUST KIDDING PEOPLE

djunkie
02-25-2007, 11:20 PM
OK lets make our own SWINGERS RUN...
IM JUST KIDDING PEOPLE
Don't lie. :D :D

Kilrtoy
02-25-2007, 11:30 PM
Don't lie. :D :D
SO I guess that means I can count you two in:D

djunkie
02-25-2007, 11:33 PM
SO I guess that means I can count you two in:D
Doubtful. But if you get my g/f drunk enough she may try and bring your wife home with us. :D :D

EAZYKILLER2006
02-26-2007, 12:28 AM
oh todd, hubby said he wants another one...hes greedy;) 1 t shirt x large:( I didnt even get one:jawdrop: ...they were sold out :( of the womens...it you get any of the womens tank tops, i will take MEDIUM ...

EAZYKILLER2006
02-26-2007, 12:32 AM
Doubtful. But if you get my g/f drunk enough she may try and bring your wife home with us. :D :D
I HAVE SOME JACK WITH HER NAME ON IT...

Throttle
02-26-2007, 12:33 AM
OK first off we had a great time, even with a little late start after getting Parker44's Rhino on the trailer....after that is all fun and games.
Unfortunately Jason of Rancho Motorsports got to test out his Rhino Tech cade at over 50 mph....:eek: On the dirt road just north of the 40 heading back to the gas statio he passed another Rhino going over fifty....as he came out of the dust trail he saw the dip in the road to late and the back end came around on them....not enough time to react and the rhino went over hard...I counted 20 feet between the first impact...then the second hit and another 20 feet to the final resting place....there was a 2 foot hole where the passenger side front of the cage dug in on the first hit....and they walked away without a scratch!!!:)
The couple in the Rhino that he was passing probably had the best view and she was still asking if we needed to call 911 when I finaly caught up. They said he went over at least 3 times. Jason and his buddy Shannon were standing next to the Rhino laughing and double checking all there body parts....absolutely a testament to a good cage and four point belts....the right rear tire was blown off the rim...we swapped that out with a spare.....tightened the battery cables....adjusted the seats (both seat latches were broken in the impact) and the Rhino fired right up and got them all the way back to Havasu under it's own power...although with a slight lean.
We had a great time again and a huge thanks to Todd for organizing another great event.
Chris<-------- Managed to keep his rhino right side up :D
WOW, I am glad nobody got hurt...

Throttle
02-26-2007, 12:35 AM
DAMN YOU GUYS LOOK GOOD TOGETHER, SORRY WE MISSED THE PARTY SATURDAY NIGHT....NEXT TIME WE WONT MISS OUT:D
thats funny, I was thinking the same thing...:devil:

Throttle
02-26-2007, 12:38 AM
I HAVE SOME JACK WITH HER NAME ON IT...
easy there EAZY...:D :D :D
btw, thanks for that bottle of jack... it tastes so good when it hits your lips...:D

lake p.a.l.
02-26-2007, 07:30 AM
Todd, thanks again for doing such a great job getting this together. We had a blast. Tamara & Rob

Mrs.Racer277
02-26-2007, 09:32 AM
YEA GOTTA WATCH THE GAS THING...WE RAN OUT OF GAS, lucky for us , it was 1 street away from our havi house...we had a great time ...
Was that you getting back to Lowe's really late???? Stoping to talk to Dan??

Todd969
02-26-2007, 10:33 AM
Todd, thanks again for doing such a great job getting this together. We had a blast. Tamara & Rob
Great to meet you also. The next ride info will be posted soon. :)

Throttle
02-26-2007, 10:44 AM
hurry.... up..... geez!

OutCole'd
02-26-2007, 10:48 AM
Anything after March 10th and I'm in......

dicudmore
02-26-2007, 11:43 AM
Was that you getting back to Lowe's really late???? Stoping to talk to Dan??
yeah that was them...

dicudmore
02-26-2007, 11:44 AM
what idiot was riding that?? :eek: Doesn't look like it would offroad for shiat :D
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r103/todd969/101_1756.jpg?t=1172413629

BigDoug
02-26-2007, 11:46 AM
Dan, that's what i was gonna say !! :)

Todd969
02-27-2007, 06:23 AM
Anything after March 10th and I'm in......
How's march 31st for you Bill?

OutCole'd
02-27-2007, 07:04 AM
Excellent!!!!!!!!!

Mrs.Racer277
02-27-2007, 08:27 AM
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Mrs 2LKHVSU
02-27-2007, 08:45 AM
There you go again...stirring the pot! :devil:

Kilrtoy
02-27-2007, 08:48 AM
That would be a little different seeing in all how she usually comes home with us:D

Baja Big Dog
02-27-2007, 09:17 AM
Man I cant wait for more pictures, did anybody get dirty???? I noticed that Havi was pretty quiet, sent all the dust to Cali.....sounds like a ballers delite!!!

Riverguy92345
02-27-2007, 09:18 AM
we had a great time and everyone was great.Any one interested in a run from Parker to the desert bar.We are thinking Easter.
I wonder if the guy that fliped his Rhino is the same one that passed me at 50mph? We were going slow cause you couldn't see more then 5 feet.
I guess with age does come wisdom...lol :idea:

djunkie
02-27-2007, 10:59 AM
There you go again...stirring the pot! :devil:
You can come too hot stuff. :D :D

Mrs 2LKHVSU
02-27-2007, 03:56 PM
You can come too hot stuff. :D :D
You know how I hate to be left out! :D