PDA

View Full Version : Mexican Freight Trucks To Be Allowed Further Into U.S.

RitcheyRch
02-25-2007, 10:30 AM
http://www.nbc4.tv/news/11102417/detail.html?dl=headlineclick
OTAY MESA, Calif. -- U.S. Secretary of Transportation Mary Peters has announced that Mexican trucks will be allowed to haul freight anywhere in the United States, not just in the border area.
Peters made the announcement Friday at the Otay Mesa Inspection Facility.
Labor leaders and safety advocates said Mexico has substandard trucks that would threaten national security and endanger U.S. motorists.

SHOTKALLIN
02-25-2007, 10:52 AM
This country doesn't surprise me anymore. They want to make sure that I get a smog check but this is ok? dont get me started.:D

MR.rvrluvr
02-25-2007, 11:39 AM
well we wont have to worry about speedint tickets any more following these clowns

Wet Dream
02-25-2007, 12:15 PM
The door just swung wide open to allow illegals in the coutry. You can fit a lot of Mexicans in a 53' trialer. :D

Not So Fast
02-25-2007, 12:18 PM
Wheres the love for Mexico:rolleyes: How safe do you think these things will be,yeah right but we owe this to them, just ask'em. FREE TRADE MY ASS. Just another little part of us being given away in the name of being fair. NSF

wsuwrhr
02-25-2007, 01:52 PM
Wheres the love for Mexico:rolleyes: How safe do you think these things will be,yeah right but we owe this to them, just ask'em. FREE TRADE MY ASS. Just another little part of us being given away in the name of being fair. NSF
...and not a damn thing we can do about it.
We just vote another body into office is all.
So discouraging.
Brian

19daytona
02-25-2007, 02:41 PM
American trucks are not allowed beyond the border into Mexico, and Mexican trucks will not pass a safety inspection that American trucks must pass.

cc322
02-25-2007, 03:00 PM
I am sure all the class A drivers comming out of Mexico will have done the proper pre trip inspection on there rigs and carring it with them to insure they are safe to be on the road.:jawdrop: :confused:

Outnumbered
02-26-2007, 12:07 AM
The door just swung wide open to allow illegals in the coutry. You can fit a lot of Mexicans in a 53' trialer. :D
NEWSFLASH....The door IS AND HAS BEEN wide open.:eek:

lawbreaker2
02-26-2007, 06:27 AM
:mad: Just let them bring one of those P.O.S. trucks up to ohio, the buckeye bears will be waiting at the border to Impond them, AND they will.:D Ohio bear do not like folk from cali. They think your all drug runners, They bust at least one a week running drugs thur our state.

HighRoller
02-26-2007, 08:01 AM
Yet another case of politicians and corporations selling their souls to make a buck. So much for the American Dream. This sellout could possibly be the death of the independant Owner-Operator. Once brokers/shippers start using Mexican trucks they'll demand the same rates from American trucks. And you can bet your ass that the mega-fleets will jump all over this opportunity. They'll just send a few hundred trucks to Mexico, license and register them there at Mexican rates, pay Mexican insurance and hire a driver for Mexican wages so they can come right back here and collect American freight rates. They'll save billions but we'll never see a dime because it will go right in their pockets.
Being a truck driver, this could be the issue that makes me revisit the possibility of moving to another country. Any place that continues to let its citizens be sold out to appease another country is DOOOMED! I hear New Zealand is nice....

19daytona
02-26-2007, 08:44 AM
They'll be hauling chocolate, because Hershey is closing they're US plants and moving they're operations to Mexico, Heard this on the business channel yesterday.