PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Know Why...

burtandnancy2
02-25-2007, 05:00 PM
NASCAR doesn't race next week? I know they skip Easter, Mothers Day, etc, but when they're going all the way to Vegas for the next race, why skip a week?

Boatcop
02-25-2007, 05:08 PM
It's the way the schedule is. Not enough time to drive all the way back to NC (or where ever the shop is) and then back to Vegas in one week.

wsuwrhr
02-25-2007, 05:10 PM
Skip a week?
Aren't they racing in Vegas march 4th?
I know we have a spot in the infield.
Brian

Wet Dream
02-25-2007, 05:10 PM
It's the way the schedule is. Not enough time to drive all the way back to NC (or where ever the shop is) and then back to Vegas in one week.
Ding ding ding. :D

wsuwrhr
02-25-2007, 05:14 PM
crap, not until March 11th.
I got the dates wrong.
Hatin it'!
Thinkin I was going to be in Vegas for the weekend.
No houseboating til next weekend for the Wsuwrhr's
Brian

Boatcop
02-25-2007, 05:14 PM
Skip a week?
Aren't they racing in Vegas march 4th?
I know we have a spot in the infield.
Brian
If you have tickets for March 4th, at least your view of the track won't be obstructed by other RVs or spectators.
The action might be a little dull, though.

Jim W
02-25-2007, 05:23 PM
If you have tickets for March 4th, at least your view of the track won't be obstructed by other RVs or spectators.
The action might be a little dull, though.
In my opinion, it is no matter what......
Be good, Jim

dirty old man
02-26-2007, 08:17 AM
COP, I thought they had a car, back up car, spare car for every track, half mile, mile, mile and a half, two mile and super speedway. Are you saying that every team will round trip to the east coast and then back of LV?

womba
02-26-2007, 05:29 PM
I think it cause some of the teams will be going to mexico to race. Usually Bush and Cup races are at the same place but since they introduced the mexico race, the cup race is skipped that weekend. Kind of lame we have to skip a week just to race in another country. :confused:

pm069
02-26-2007, 07:39 PM
I think it cause some of the teams will be going to mexico to race. Usually Bush and Cup races are at the same place but since they introduced the mexico race, the cup race is skipped that weekend. Kind of lame we have to skip a week just to race in another country. :confused:
YOU are correct! The Busch boys will be in Mexico, of course about half the Cup racers run the Busch series too. I heard that Juan Pablo Montoya, left his green card at home (mexico), and is going back to get it. Since he is under contract, all the other guys are following him to make sure he comes back. LOL. They figured that if a Mexican can race in the States, than the good ole boys will race in Mexico. As far as moving the teams back and forth... Most all teams have a minimun of four transporters, to eleminate hustling to N.C. and back to Vegas or whatever venue they happen to be at, to allow set-up time, etc. Kinda make sense, huh?:idea: :rolleyes: :cool:

Boatcop
02-26-2007, 07:56 PM
Montoya is Columbian.
For D.O.M., The teams take 2 cars to every race. They have to be set up unique to every track, even those that appear to be the same. (The 1.5-2 mile "Cookie Cutter" tracks like California, Texas, Vegas, etc.)
Different brakes, shocks, gearing, balance, panard bars, engines, etc. A car that runs well at California may not do as well at Vegas. They'd have to practially trasnport the whole shop with them. And even then they'd need a place to do the change over.
A few years ago RG tried to do the change-over at his off-road shop in SOCAL, so he'd save the cost of 2 cross country trips. That didn't work out so well. Now, even with a state of the art facility only a few hours away from Vegas and California Speedway, he makes the trip back to NC between the 2 races.