PDA

View Full Version : correct etiquette for letting pleople tie up to you

Hotcobra270
02-26-2007, 11:11 AM
I always wondered if it was rude not to let someone tie up to you at steamboat or coppercanyon. What do you guys think?
If a POS bayliner came up to you and wanted to tie up, would you let them and be cool about it ? My motto has always be to tie up next to a boat as nice as mine so people dont think I'm gonna be careless while I'm next to their nice boat..
What do you think?

seanv
02-26-2007, 11:14 AM
if i dont know you very slim chance your tying up. i've had some very bad exp. in the past with guys not respecting others property and guests:mad: :boxingguy

BoneDaddy
02-26-2007, 11:14 AM
She's gotta be HOT to tie me up! The boat, that is.:D

Havasu_Dreamin
02-26-2007, 11:16 AM
IMHO, unless you are at some organized event like a regatta photoshoot or a gathering of the HB peeps and I somewhat know you, at leat know who you are based on your boat, unless I know you you can forget about tieing up.....

AZJD
02-26-2007, 11:17 AM
Picky as hell! I don't mind telling anyone NO! Usually gets me in at least one altercation per weekend, and somehow I got designated as the warden of this duty!
Always 50 boats and 3 anchors! We end up with a circle of boats and cleats start straining.

Brian B
02-26-2007, 11:20 AM
I'm that pos Bayliner guy, and I have the utmost respect when tying up to nice boats. I hate being denied more than anything, but I understand!

Deano
02-26-2007, 11:20 AM
I don't tie up to anyone that I don't know on some level....I have friends with pieces of crap and some with nice boats....it doesn't matter to me...the boat type doesn't make the person.

seanv
02-26-2007, 11:23 AM
well said deano

Singleton
02-26-2007, 11:25 AM
If I know someone in your boat, then you can tie up with mine.
If I have no idea who you are, bye bye.

AZJD
02-26-2007, 11:25 AM
Guy to girl ratio needs to be correct. 2:1 girls or better.
Fenders need to be better than decsent, aswell as abundant!
Must have an anchor! Not a crappy little spade.
Must have beer bong (in the event mine developes a line)
And if the boat has any kids on it!!!!! - negative ghost rider the pattern is full
:)

RitcheyRch
02-26-2007, 11:28 AM
Thought this was a thread about tying someone up. My bad, back to your regular scheduled programming. :D

Jordy
02-26-2007, 11:32 AM
Picky as hell! I don't mind telling anyone NO! Usually gets me in at least one altercation per weekend, and somehow I got designated as the warden of this duty!
Always 50 boats and 3 anchors! We end up with a circle of boats and cleats start straining.
If I don't know you, or haven't seen you out on a regular basis acting like a normal human being, good luck. :)
If you get past the first part, the second question is, do you have an anchor??? If I don't know you and you don't have an anchor, hit the road.
If you have an anchor, at least know how to set it and have enough line to set it correctly. No, 60' of line isn't going work to set your anchor in 50' of water. Oh, and I know how many boats I could hold on my last box anchor. Not going to do that again, too much of a headache, especially when the wind picks up in Humbug. No thanks. :notam:
Next, fenders. Don't pull up in a 30+ foot boat with fenders that you stole out of your dad's 16' Bayliner. Get some real fenders. They're not all that expensive for what they do.
Same thing with lines. I love when people pull up in a big boat with little bayliner fenders and some rope they got off a spool at the hardware store. If that's you, just keep going.
Ratio. Yeppers, some of us are that shallow. If we've got a boat load of girls, or 2 or 3 as is usually the case, don't expect to roll up with your sausage barge and tie up. Get your own girls.
Shoes. I've had people call me names because I wouldn't let them walk across the deck/upholstery/hatches (yes, it's happened more than once) with tennis shoes on out in the middle of Humbug. When you hit the boat, take your shoes off or swim around my boat, and pretty much everyone elses boats that I know as they won't put up with it either.
My favorite move is coming in hot, collision course style. If I'm having to run across boats and dive to keep you from parking in the side of my boat, you're probably not going to be tying up with us.
I'm sure I'm leaving some out, but that should be a pretty good start. ;)
p.s. I have no problem being called an asshole because I can tell that you don't respect your stuff enough, which lets me know that you're not going to respect mine. Find someone else to tie up with. ;)

Jbb
02-26-2007, 11:34 AM
The correct etiquette is with the reply......get away from my gelcoat....:mad:
:D
works for me!

AZJD
02-26-2007, 11:35 AM
If I don't know you, or haven't seen you out on a regular basis acting like a normal human being, good luck. :)
If you get past the first part, the second question is, do you have an anchor??? If I don't know you and you don't have an anchor, hit the road.
If you have an anchor, at least know how to set it and have enough line to set it correctly. No, 60' of line isn't going work to set your anchor in 50' of water. Oh, and I know how many boats I could hold on my last box anchor. Not going to do that again, too much of a headache, especially when the wind picks up in Humbug. No thanks. :notam:
Next, fenders. Don't pull up in a 30+ foot boat with fenders that you stole out of your dad's 16' Bayliner. Get some real fenders. They're not all that expensive for what they do.
Same thing with lines. I love when people pull up in a big boat with little bayliner fenders and some rope they got off a spool at the hardware store. If that's you, just keep going.
Ratio. Yeppers, some of us are that shallow. If we've got a boat load, or 2 or 3 as is usually the case, don't expect to roll up with your sausage barge and tie up. Get your own girls.
My favorite move is coming in hot, collision course style. If I'm having to run across boats and dive to keep you from parking in the side of my boat, you're probably not going to be tying up with us.
p.s. I have no problem being called an asshole because I can tell that you don't respect your stuff enough, which lets me know that you're not going to respect mine. Find someone else to tie up with. ;)
Hmmm, wonder who I saw doing that?:idea:

Jordy
02-26-2007, 11:37 AM
Hmmm, wonder who I saw doing that?:idea:
Well, aside from my little brother, I've seen quite a few people. He's not going to do that again though, aside from having no engine in his boat. :D :D :D

AZJD
02-26-2007, 11:42 AM
Well, aside from my little brother, I've seen quite a few people. He's not going to do that again though, aside from having no engine in his boat. :D :D :D
You mean he's not going to have us tow him with that little rope?:D
Now get to driving so your not late!

Deano
02-26-2007, 11:47 AM
so, If you see Jordy out and want to tie up...You better get out your "pre-tieup to jordy check list":D

Hotcobra270
02-26-2007, 11:50 AM
Cool.. Thanks for the insight.. But if you see a red and gray cobra with a boat full of girls please let me tie up with you guys

H20 Toie
02-26-2007, 11:56 AM
i don't tie up unless someone offers and usually also put out my anchor.
I have only had one time that i refused to let someone tie up to me and that was only becuase he had no fenders or ropes. He thought that since i had a big boat i would have plenty for him to use. ( i do ) but he just kind of annoyed me right off the bat.

YeLLowBoaT
02-26-2007, 11:59 AM
I never let anyone tie up to me.( unless we went out toegther) Then again, when I'm actaully going to go moor some where its normally to eat, take a nap, do the "woo woo dance" ;) with the GF or fish. So I don't want anyone around.

Not So Fast
02-26-2007, 12:17 PM
Double "D"'s maybe!!!!! as a rule NO FRIGGIN WAY, why would you want to raft up with a dirty ole man anyway??:D NSF

BRSTQUEST
02-26-2007, 12:19 PM
So I'm reading the news paper....( Hey firemen/EMT)
And I can across a nice artical on the front page...
So Now I will ask all you firemen/EMTs... WTF?
Because of this article and Yellowboat brining it to my attention, I will not allow any hose draggers near my boat!!!!

havaduner
02-26-2007, 12:21 PM
If I dont know you, you arent tying up to me. If my wife doesnt like you, you wont be anchoring with 100' ft of us either. :D

Mrs.Racer277
02-26-2007, 12:23 PM
Ratio. Yeppers, some of us are that shallow. If we've got a boat load of girls, or 2 or 3 as is usually the case, don't expect to roll up with your sausage barge and tie up. Get your own girls.
Shoes. I've had people call me names because I wouldn't let them walk across the deck/upholstery/hatches (yes, it's happened more than once) with tennis shoes on out in the middle of Humbug. When you hit the boat, take your shoes off or swim around my boat, and pretty much everyone elses boats that I know as they won't put up with it either.
Reminds me of the Poker Run on PC's boat, tied up to Nodigg, turning in circles cuz all the big boats on the end did not have anchors or long enough rope....I remember Nodigg yelling at them. LOL Good times :D

Biglue
02-26-2007, 12:23 PM
If I dont know you, you arent tying up to me. If my wife doesnt like you, you wont be anchoring with 100' ft of us either. :D
NOw that's focking funny. :D

phebus
02-26-2007, 12:25 PM
Hell, I bought my boaty to use it any way I wanted. If someone I know, or someone I want to know wants to tie up to me, let's party!! If they don't have what it takes to get the job done, I've got extras.
It's a boat, not the sistene chapel.
I'm here for a good time, not a long time. :D

Tom Brown
02-26-2007, 12:27 PM
If someone's rub rail is falling off and you can see where they tried to reattach it with some orange, rusting drywall screws, it might be best to wave them along.

Jbb
02-26-2007, 12:28 PM
If someone's rub rail is falling off and you can see where they tried to reattach it with some orange, rusting drywall screws, it might be best to wave them along.
You just had to bring that up,right asshole...:mad: ....I told you the drywall screws were just temporary!...

Tom Brown
02-26-2007, 12:30 PM
I told you the drywall screws were just temporary!...
Get with the program. High rollers run deck screws. :cool:

Mrs.Racer277
02-26-2007, 12:33 PM
Last summer on the way to the Sandbar I get cut off by a guy in a big ass boat, for some reason he had to be between me and our friend I was following. Whatever.......Well later that day the same idiot now wants to anochor behind us at the Sandbar.....Oh goodie I am thinking....he starts walking towards us with his anchor in hand and asks if he can set his anchor under my boat????? I reply "Are you kidding me???" I guess he was a rookie, he was shocked by my answer......I had to explain that we had already moved the boats back twice so they did not get beached and I really did not want boat bouncing on his anchor......Dumb Azz :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Baja Big Dog
02-26-2007, 12:35 PM
Silk neckties work well, but leather lined handcuffs do the job also.....;)

Baja Big Dog
02-26-2007, 12:38 PM
All these cheap asses...I only use the trick stainless drywall screws...

DCBob
02-26-2007, 01:25 PM
Hell, I bought my boaty to use it any way I wanted. If someone I know, or someone I want to know wants to tie up to me, let's party!! If they don't have what it takes to get the job done, I've got extras.
Couldn't o said it any better myself:D

Jbb
02-26-2007, 01:27 PM
Get with the program. High rollers run deck screws. :cool:
Keep it up Brown!.....

John.
02-26-2007, 01:58 PM
geez, how are you supposed to make any new friends if you don't let people tie up? I can understand sending people on their way if they come in disrespectful, but why say no to everyone you don't know? Does that mean when my wife and I go down to Havasu this summer we're going to get cold shoulders if we ask to tie up? What if I'm bringing beer and a hot wife with me?

Jetaholic
02-26-2007, 01:58 PM
Well whadya know...Brown and Jbb screwing each other...

Jetaholic
02-26-2007, 02:00 PM
geez, how are you supposed to make any new friends if you don't let people tie up? I can understand sending people on their way if they come in disrespectful, but why say no to everyone you don't know? Does that mean when my wife and I go down to Havasu this summer we're going to get cold shoulders if we ask to tie up? What if I'm bringing beer and a hot wife with me?
I second this...the whole "If I don't know you" speal...
Yes...understandable if the person comes in disrespectful but if it's obvious the guy just wants to party and him and his crew are really cool, why the hell not? How else are you gonna get to know them? With a rude "I don't know you so no" first impression, you're not off to a good start there.

abraman1326
02-26-2007, 02:06 PM
I'm pretty sure anyone that know's the WCF will be more than happy to let you tie up.
I'm of the opinion that anyone who wants to tie up can. As long as they are respectful of my stuff. I don't have the baller mobile some of you have, but I care for my stuff. I'll let anyone, but once they start acting the fool, I keep the knife onboard to untie in a hurry. For me, it's nice to meet new people and party w/ a different crew every now and then...
BRA

Debbolas
02-26-2007, 02:14 PM
;)
Just don't dance on my deck:D

vee-driven
02-26-2007, 02:30 PM
I guess with this crowd its gonna depend on what kind of beer you have and for the hot wife, if she married to you and your there it dosent do anybody any good. j/k

Jordy
02-26-2007, 02:36 PM
I guess with this crowd its gonna depend on what kind of beer you have and for the hot wife, if she married to you and your there it dosent do anybody any good. j/k
You never know. Lots of swingers on ***boat. Maybe it will be good for anybody there!!! :jawdrop: :devil: :D

seanv
02-26-2007, 02:47 PM
i tried the "hey let's all be friends aproach" that stopped when a dildo with 2 guys and 8 girls tied up in a cruiser. no anchor, cig buts in the water, and music that was so distorted i couldnt tell what it was. after several polite "send out an anchor" requests the wind kicked up and did some damage to my boat. his reply was " dude chill it's just a boat " i cut'em loose and that was the start of my current stand on that issue.

Thorsinc
02-26-2007, 03:26 PM
You didn’t address cigarette smokers, mullets, cut up Levis for swim trunks.

syke-o
02-26-2007, 03:27 PM
i usually let most tie up to me.. if there boat looks in good shape, its not loaded to the max with dudes, and they ask if its cool to tie up and have the proper equipment i will let them... met alot of cool people out there this way... then again my boat isnt worth $200k so maybe i am looking at it differently...

Jordy
02-26-2007, 03:30 PM
You didn’t address cigarette smokers, mullets, cut up Levis for swim trunks.
Dammit, I knew I was going to end up leaving something out. :(
I don't really have a problem with people who smoke, as long as they're not burning holes in my boat, ashing on my interior or gel, throwing their butts in the lake. Put them in an empty can and put the can in a trash bag!!! People who roll up and are throwing trash off the boats aren't going to tie up either. ;)
And like Sean said, I've tried the tie up thing, and I end up losing my mind everytime just based upon the simple things, like fenders, lines, anchors, etc. I go to the lake to have fun and know enough people out there to not have to deal with headaches from people I don't know trying to tear shit up. :D

Havasu_Dreamin
02-26-2007, 03:56 PM
I go to the lake to have fun and know enough people out there to not have to deal with headaches from people I don't know trying to tear shit up. :D
Exactly.....

Jordy
02-26-2007, 04:04 PM
Exactly.....
For example, we've never had a single problem when we've been tied up with this group:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25004&stc=1&d=1172534349
and there were more boats going back the other way. Never an issue with that group and always great times. :D
Get into something like this and it's more headaches than it's worth with boats breaking free because one anchor couldn't hold 75 boats, and then start drifting into other boats. Thanks but no thanks...
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25005&stc=1&d=1172534660
Just looking at the way the boats are floating right when this pic was taken you can tell there are only a couple anchors on that line. It got worse as the day went on. :notam:

havaduner
02-26-2007, 04:15 PM
I already have plenty of friends, most of them will be tied up to me on the other side, so just drop of the beer, if the wife wants to hang with us thats cool, we can drop her off at the end of the day. :D

Cole Trickle
02-26-2007, 04:24 PM
I've tried the tie up thing, and I end up losing my mind everytime just based upon the simple things, like fenders, lines, anchors, etc. I go to the lake to have fun and know enough people out there to not have to deal with headaches from people I don't know trying to tear shit up. :D
agreed.
If you have a decent boat lots of fenders,rope,Anchor's and a good attitude we can make it happen.:) (Basicly almost anyone on this site)
I am OK with a 1-1 ratio guy to girl wise as long as there isn't any gordos;)
There has been too many times where a beat down 16' bayliner or rented pontoon with 100 dudes tries to tie up with zero bouys a mushroom anchor (that wouldn't hold a jet ski) and a 18 pack of beer. This causes me tremendous stress and one of us has to leave to avoid getting into some kind of altercation.:mad: :devil: :idea: :D

707dog
02-26-2007, 04:26 PM
no ropes, no anchor,no bouys, no tie,if you look like good peeps i have no prob love meeting new people but dont like the lil shits who get all pissy cause you tell them no !! get mad if ya want, cuss me out if ya want, when i get my boat back on the trailer and family in the truck at the end of the day...please feel free to say what you had to say when we was out on the water..ill be more than happy to ruin the rest of you weekend:D ...lmao...

Kilrtoy
02-26-2007, 04:34 PM
Do you have any clue as to what religious experiences have occurred on my sistene chapel...
Its a place of worship:D :D :D :D :D

seanv
02-26-2007, 04:40 PM
and,:D it's not the size or design of your anchor. it's how you use it:D :D
i've had my lil 18# mushroom for 6 years and i've held 4 boats in rough wind. if you do like jordy said and payout enough line most anchors should hold no problem.

H20 Toie
02-26-2007, 04:51 PM
Last summer on the way to the Sandbar I get cut off by a guy in a big ass boat, for some reason he had to be between me and our friend I was following. Whatever.......Well later that day the same idiot now wants to anochor behind us at the Sandbar.....Oh goodie I am thinking....he starts walking towards us with his anchor in hand and asks if he can set his anchor under my boat????? I reply "Are you kidding me???" I guess he was a rookie, he was shocked by my answer......I had to explain that we had already moved the boats back twice so they did not get beached and I really did not want boat bouncing on his anchor......Dumb Azz :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Hey i said i was sorry :)

Boozer
02-26-2007, 05:10 PM
I only tie up when I'm using rental pontoons. I keep an old heavy ass bar b q thats hooked to a 100' metal chain I use as an anchor. Fenders? I tie my gf's kid up to a seat on a 10' dog lead and throw him between the rental pontoon and whoever has the pleasure of being next to me. F*ck the beer bong we come stocked with about 15 meth pipes and some PBR!!!

Sherpa
02-26-2007, 05:22 PM
My biggest problem with people wanting to tie up has been that they never
are around when you want to leave, and so you have the situation of not
wanting to hike to hell to find them, having found them, inform them you're
leaving and they need to tie up to someone else, only to have them tell you
they'll be right there............... 45 minutes later, still no-show, we pull anchor, untie them, and either push their cheap boat onto the beach, or just
let that shit float............
not my problem at that point.............
it's probably easier to either tell them, at any time you're gonna be leaving,
and it's their job to keep an eye on you, and not you chase them.......
--Sherpa............... been there, won't be doing that shit again...............

Jetaholic
02-26-2007, 05:23 PM
F*ck the beer bong we come stocked with about 15 meth pipes and some PBR!!!
Uh....Boatcop?

blown dough
02-26-2007, 05:36 PM
EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

707dog
02-26-2007, 05:45 PM
hey "ultrajohn" we will be down there at the same time.. we can tie up together and watch the sunset...lmao..jokin bro im so looking forward to my havi trip..hope most of ya on the boards will be down there so we can put some faces with some names.....

BajaMike
02-26-2007, 05:47 PM
p.s. "I have no problem being called an asshole"
That's a good one, Jordy.....:D :D :D
:idea:

EAZYKILLER2006
02-26-2007, 06:07 PM
i don't tie up unless someone offers and usually also put out my anchor.
I have only had one time that i refused to let someone tie up to me and that was only becuase he had no fenders or ropes. He thought that since i had a big boat i would have plenty for him to use. ( i do ) but he just kind of annoyed me right off the bat.
same here ;) we have never tried to tie up to anyone;) with out them offering first... i wouldnt have any problem telling someone not to tie up to us :devil: but thats usally cus some freaky shait was going on :jawdrop: and we just didnt want anyone around lol:jawdrop: :devil:http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q71/eazykiller2006/budboats.jpg

WVspeedfreak
02-26-2007, 06:12 PM
I dont tie my flattie to anyone, nor do I let them tie to me, not even my brothers or my dad..... for the simple reason it doesnt have any cleats. But I also have a 43 ' houseboat , and I dont give a crap who ties up , no matter who they are. when we have the houseboat out, it's all about the party.

Baja Big Dog
02-26-2007, 06:14 PM
Uh....Boatcop?
Whats up Jet...got a problem with Pabst????:eek:

Ziggy
02-26-2007, 06:25 PM
I guess you guys all summed it up just fine...no further input needed.
I did get some great new ideas though...........I'm gonna give it my best shot to get called an asshole this season :D:D LOL
Last year at my regatta a ~35' cat pulls up next to me to tie up....Fine, its for the picture and his boat looks real new and perfect. After a few ropes were tossed to him he kept trying to be Mr cool and motor it in. He ended up dinging his 8hr old $100k boat on my bump rail. I had to rub the paint off my rail and he had to go get a 3" stratch fixed. Live and learn idiot, take the offer of help and put you hat on straight:rolleyes:
What pissed me off the most was he looked at me like it was my fault, but everyone (including his crew) told him to shut it down.

beaverretriever
02-26-2007, 06:32 PM
We have tied up only a couple of times. Everytime we have tied up, I end up spending 3 hrs with the buffer taking hairline scratches out of the gell coat.
My problem is no matter how new and clean the bumpers/fenders are when the boats move it leaves scratches.
I really try to not be so fricken meticulous, but its tough when you work so hard to keep your boat looking like glass all the time.

Chico&Zeus
02-26-2007, 07:19 PM
Jordy forgot a few others...first of all, if you have a Kachina, it's out of the question. I know everyone has seen pictures of this, but remember that pictures can be altered.......http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e270/azjd/kachinatieup.jpg
Second, if you have gel that contains a Fat Necked Goblin, an Alien, Wizards, Trolls, Dragons, Farm Animals, Pirates, Drag Racers or Fat Necked Ladies...FORGET IT!!!!
Then see if you comply with the rest of his "rules for tie-up"....then, Just then, Maybe.:D :D :D

Jordy
02-26-2007, 07:33 PM
That's a good one, Jordy.....:D :D
:idea:
Figure that will make someone a great quote. :D :D
Jordy forgot a few others...first of all, if you have a Kachina, it's out of the question. I know everyone has seen pictures of this, but remember that pictures can be altered.......http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e270/azjd/kachinatieup.jpg
Second, if you have gel that contains a Fat Necked Goblin, an Alien, Wizards, Trolls, Dragons, Farm Animals, Pirates, Drag Racers or Fat Necked Ladies...FORGET IT!!!!
Then see if you comply with the rest of his "rules for tie-up"....then, Just then, Maybe.:D :D
Really simple explanation, that's not my boat. :D :D

BajaMike
02-26-2007, 07:50 PM
Figure that will make someone a great quote. :D :D
I was tempted, but I need to have Melbatoast keep reminding me and everyone else about "my people"......:idea:
:eek: :confused:

Faceaz
02-26-2007, 08:30 PM
We don't really ask to tie up to other people, but if they ask, meeting new people is always a great time. Besides, you can always untie if the people turn out tto be jerks. One rule - NO pontoon boats, the metal on those can do a ton of damage.

Jetaholic
02-26-2007, 08:47 PM
Whats up Jet...got a problem with Pabst????:eek:
Yeah I do! What about it!? :D

hoolign
02-27-2007, 04:35 AM
I always wondered if it was rude not to let someone tie up to you at steamboat or coppercanyon. What do you guys think?
If a POS bayliner came up to you and wanted to tie up, would you let them and be cool about it ? My motto has always been to tie up next to a boat as nice as mine so people dont think I'm gonna be careless while I'm next to their nice boat..
What do you think?
I think I may just adapt this way of thinking! It may just be the way to go! i'm gonna start with my house! If you don't have a 800K house..you aint commin into mine! I mean really, if you can't afford to live in one like it, you aint good enough for me! because from where I sit, the amount of money you can spend ..identifes your character! No one with a 100K house would ever treat it with respect anyways right? well there goes over half my friends! but wtf?
Next ..If you don't own a brand new truck or car..you aint gettin into mine..the same must be true about people who don't have the luxury of not being able to afford a new vehicle..they must be scum!
Enough of that BS! WTF is this POS bayliner deal?? I don't suppose there are any morons who own a 27 foot cobra out there are there? No probably not..cause everyone knows, your values and level of respect are soley based on your income! or available credit I should say. I think I'm gonna adapt a differnet philosophy..If you didn't pay cash for your toys, and don't have fun with what you have.. you can stay the hell away from me! Don't matter to me what you run... just have fun with it, and treat everything with respect! This may just work!

Jbb
02-27-2007, 05:06 AM
I think I may just adapt this way of thinking! It may just be the way to go! i'm gonna start with my house! If you don't have a 800K house..you aint commin into mine! I mean really, if you can't afford to live in one like it, you aint good enough for me! because from where I sit, the amount of money you can spend ..identifes your character! No one with a 100K house would ever treat it with respect anyways right? well there goes over half my friends! but wtf?
Next ..If you don't own a brand new truck or car..you aint gettin into mine..the same must be true about people who don't have the luxury of not being able to afford a new vehicle..they must be scum!
Enough of that BS! WTF is this POS bayliner deal?? I don't suppose there are any morons who own a 27 foot cobra out there are there? No probably not..cause everyone knows, your values and level of respect are soley based on your income! or available credit I should say. I think I'm gonna adapt a differnet philosophy..If you didn't pay cash for your toys, and don't have fun with what you have.. you can stay the hell away from me! Don't matter to me what you run... just have fun with it, and treat everything with respect! This may just work!
Look at Hooli,gettin all....Dr. Laura.....and shit.....:D

hoolign
02-27-2007, 06:20 AM
Look at Hooli,gettin all....Dr. Laura.....and shit.....:D
Don't make me start typing in bold italic..Size 7:mad:

Jbb
02-27-2007, 06:43 AM
:jawdrop:

Mrs.Racer277
02-27-2007, 08:30 AM
Hey i said i was sorry :)
LOL
It was a Fountain :) :)

Jetaholic
02-27-2007, 08:41 AM
WHY THE HELL NOT???

seanv
02-27-2007, 09:05 AM
ooohhh this is gettin good:D
i just put the bag in the microwave....

Jordy
02-27-2007, 09:08 AM
ooohhh this is gettin good:D
i just put the bag in the microwave....
Why are you stirring the pot you big bling bling boat owning asshole?!?!?!? :mad: :devil: :eek: :D

Biglue
02-27-2007, 09:20 AM
All I know is Jordy will not anyone tie up to his new boat. It would only deprive the world of seeing that gel scheme that makes the Picasso and DaVinci types roll in their graves. :D :D :D :)

seanv
02-27-2007, 09:44 AM
Why are you stirring the pot you big bling bling boat owning asshole?!?!?!? :mad: :devil: :eek: :D
wait a sec there jordy. my boat is all white. no trend setting paint/gel scheme like your new patron.
oh, i think i need to add that if your boat run atleast mmm let's say 85mph on gps then you cant tie up:D :devil:

catman-do
02-27-2007, 09:54 AM
For me it depends on how the people in the boat are acting as they pull up and the level of driving experiance the driver has. If he drives like a jackas.s or has friends acting like idiots then get the fock outa here! I dont like the steroid supply boats pulling up next to me. Seems that everytime they come around its a bunch of little swinging dix, bumping some shaggy song, and acting like they are going to either kick someones arse or start bench pressing port-a-potties.

Jordy
02-27-2007, 09:57 AM
oh, i think i need to add that if your boat run atleast mmm let's say 85mph on gps then you cant tie up:D :devil:
Does it have to be off the trailer??? :D :D :D

DCBob
02-27-2007, 10:09 AM
For me it depends on how the people in the boat are acting as they pull up and the level of driving experiance the driver has. If he drives like a jackas.s or has friends acting like idiots then get the fock outa here! I dont like the steroid supply boats pulling up next to me. Seems that everytime they come around its a bunch of little swinging dix, bumping some shaggy song, and acting like they are going to either kick someones arse or start bench pressing port-a-potties.
:D :D :D

seanv
02-27-2007, 10:46 AM
Does it have to be off the trailer??? :D :D :D
gee jordy do i need to answer that:rolleyes:
oh, NO rentals!!! last season i saw a rental loaded with illegals all wearin maywest style flotation and sending off rollers in the nowake.:D :mad:

91nordic29
02-27-2007, 10:48 AM
we don't like to have someone we don't know or are acquainted with tie up with us. jst too much trouble if they turn into a--holes when they drink.:)

seanv
02-27-2007, 12:35 PM
we don't like to have someone we don't know or are acquainted with tie up with us. jst too much trouble if they turn into a--holes when they drink.:)
isn't that 90% of us on here:D

nodigg
02-28-2007, 09:16 PM
Reminds me of the Poker Run on PC's boat, tied up to Nodigg, turning in circles cuz all the big boats on the end did not have anchors or long enough rope....I remember Nodigg yelling at them. LOL Good times :D
Always amazed at how many guys can afford the bling boat, the cool fake 4x4lifted truck all painted and polished to match with no sidewall height tires and cannot or will not spend any money or effort on a set of fenders or an anchor.
(But I love yelling at them):mad: :D
I don't care what boat brand they have as long as they are friendly and respectful. I side with Jordy on the first question sent back to them that ask however....YOU GOT AN ANCHOR? Toss it out and float back to me then. Do NOT expect to tie up to me then drop your friggin; anchor straight down on that 1/4" polypro floating ski rope! Unless you are a Hot boat forum addict that is. Then you get a buy.:D

nodigg
02-28-2007, 09:20 PM
We have tied up only a couple of times. Everytime we have tied up, I end up spending 3 hrs with the buffer taking hairline scratches out of the gell coat.
My problem is no matter how new and clean the bumpers/fenders are when the boats move it leaves scratches.
I really try to not be so fricken meticulous, but its tough when you work so hard to keep your boat looking like glass all the time.
That reminds me, I only use MY fenders when I tie up. Unless the other guy paid for the soft covers too. Stops ALL the scratching!