PDA

View Full Version : Havasu Electricity Bills

lalhc
02-26-2007, 07:15 PM
What's the average electricity bill during the winter months in Havasu? I have snowbirds in my house right now and last months bill was $144 :jawdrop: and this months bill is $172 :mad: - WTF?
Last year our bills for Jan & Feb were only about $60 w/different snowbirds. I know it has been a little colder this year than last, but has it been that cold that they're running the heater 24/7? I am going to call my property manager tomorrow and have them check out what's going on :idea:

Jyruiz
02-26-2007, 07:21 PM
Between $20.00 and $25.00, the month I had snowbirds it was $74.00 last year for the month of February.

RaceFace
02-26-2007, 07:24 PM
On of my houses (unoccupied) was $17.00 last month, the house we use alot out there was $65.00 last month. Your snowbirds must be keeping the heater at 85 degrees! Have fun with that one! ;)

Havasu1986
02-26-2007, 07:26 PM
We have it set up that anything over $100 the renter has to pay.

HatenWinter
02-26-2007, 07:27 PM
We have snow birds in our place right now too. January's bill was $125 but it was really cold out there, just got Feb's today and it was $92. We include utilities in the rent but we have a $100 cap on electric. Anything over that they pay. It kind of prevents them from cranking up the heater to 85 degrees for 3 months straight!

lalhc
02-26-2007, 07:27 PM
We lived at our house last summer and our most expensive electricity bill was $225, and we ran the crap out of our AC and our pool pump ran for about 8 hrs per day.

lalhc
02-26-2007, 07:30 PM
Do you rent on your own or through a property manager? I use Lake Havasu Vacation Rentals.

Havasu1986
02-26-2007, 07:35 PM
We were with McCulloch who was good. Then Coldwell Banker bought them out and they suck. Just got a letter today that they are no longer going to rent houses that are for rent less then 30 days. Which doesn't apply to me. My snowbird stays 6 months.

cc322
02-26-2007, 08:09 PM
We range between 65.00 and 75.00 928sq ft condo.

wildbillg
02-26-2007, 08:33 PM
LOL what a life to have a bill under $100
I live in Havasu full time and my wife stays home, in the winter it runs about $175 and in the summer it goes up to $500 .......
Oh My house is like 2600 Sq ft with an electric jacuzzi and a pool that runs like 8 hours a day for the waterfall...
Id love to have an electric bill under a hundie one month....:)

TCHB
02-26-2007, 08:35 PM
Remember once you go over the base kilo watt usage your rates go up really quick.

Mrs.Killer
02-26-2007, 09:13 PM
$142.00 this month. Summer about $180.00. Live here full time...

Psycho Squid
02-27-2007, 03:04 AM
What's the average electricity bill during the winter months in Havasu? I have snowbirds in my house right now and last months bill was $144 :jawdrop: and this months bill is $172 :mad: - WTF?
Last year our bills for Jan & Feb were only about $60 w/different snowbirds. I know it has been a little colder this year than last, but has it been that cold that they're running the heater 24/7? I am going to call my property manager tomorrow and have them check out what's going on :idea:WTF? Rental, Snow birds? Sell your boat! Then you can afford it I'm so tired of hearing how people can't afford shit. It's a new world order just ask Bush! Don't rent it out!!! You sound like the average local! Look'in for something for nothing! Live in it yourself punkie. Then the only bill you have is your own. $ 60.00 ELECTRIC BILL OR THE MORGAGE FOR HOW MUCH? I've lived and worked here for 2 1/2 years tired of hearing how lifes bad or things gone wrong or I live on a fixed income. Pay up suckka I have no feelings..........If your a baller.....with a Havasu rental.....$ 40.00 or $ 60.00 a month is nothing for you. Suck it up...MY .02$ I'm sure if the markets good you'll give your renters a kick back for helping you pay it off.

RiverRatMike
02-27-2007, 05:09 AM
for winter time around $100 a month here in LHC and that's even with a pool and electric spa.

Music to my Ears
02-27-2007, 07:18 AM
Do you rent on your own or through a property manager? I use Lake Havasu Vacation Rentals.
We use Lake Havasu Vacation Rentals as well. Do they rent your place out during the summer months too and have you had much sucess with them doing so?
And for the record, my bill this month with snowbirders was $112.

SummitKarl
02-27-2007, 07:33 AM
just opened mine $62.77 for last month and yes I ran my heater, but not my spa:( , think my worst bill yet has been $175 in the summer

lalhc
02-27-2007, 07:40 AM
WTF? Rental, Snow birds? Sell your boat! Then you can afford it I'm so tired of hearing how people can't afford shit. It's a new world order just ask Bush! Don't rent it out!!! You sound like the average local! Look'in for something for nothing! Live in it yourself punkie. Then the only bill you have is your own. $ 60.00 ELECTRIC BILL OR THE MORGAGE FOR HOW MUCH? I've lived and worked here for 2 1/2 years tired of hearing how lifes bad or things gone wrong or I live on a fixed income. Pay up suckka I have no feelings..........If your a baller.....with a Havasu rental.....$ 40.00 or $ 60.00 a month is nothing for you. Suck it up...MY .02$ I'm sure if the markets good you'll give your renters a kick back for helping you pay it off.
I wasn't complaining that I could not afford the bill, I was just shocked how much it was.

lalhc
02-27-2007, 07:47 AM
We use Lake Havasu Vacation Rentals as well. Do they rent your place out during the summer months too and have you had much sucess with them doing so?
And for the record, my bill this month with snowbirders was $112.
We do not rent out our house in the summer. Our contract w/LHVR's is for Dec-April every year.

Mrs.Killer
02-27-2007, 07:47 AM
WTF? Rental, Snow birds? Sell your boat! Then you can afford it I'm so tired of hearing how people can't afford shit. It's a new world order just ask Bush! Don't rent it out!!! You sound like the average local! Look'in for something for nothing! Live in it yourself punkie. Then the only bill you have is your own. $ 60.00 ELECTRIC BILL OR THE MORGAGE FOR HOW MUCH? I've lived and worked here for 2 1/2 years tired of hearing how lifes bad or things gone wrong or I live on a fixed income. Pay up suckka I have no feelings..........If your a baller.....with a Havasu rental.....$ 40.00 or $ 60.00 a month is nothing for you. Suck it up...MY .02$ I'm sure if the markets good you'll give your renters a kick back for helping you pay it off.
Dang!!!! remind me never to bring up my electric bill.......:sqeyes:

Todd969
02-27-2007, 07:49 AM
That's MORTGAGE with a "T":)

2Driver
02-27-2007, 07:52 AM
Wasn't last month the month with record cold and 4 days in the 20's. I know I had a bill similar to summer.

Mrs.Killer
02-27-2007, 07:54 AM
Wasn't last month the month with record cold and 4 days in the 20's. I know I had a bill similar to summer.
Never in the 20's, maybe 30's

Mr. C
02-27-2007, 08:02 AM
LOL what a life to have a bill under $100
I live in Havasu full time and my wife stays home, in the winter it runs about $175 and in the summer it goes up to $500 .......
Oh My house is like 2600 Sq ft with an electric jacuzzi and a pool that runs like 8 hours a day for the waterfall...
QUOTE]
Forget the hundred a month, i'll take your $175 and $500.
Winter runs about $325, summer anywhere from $875 to $950( last july and august)
[QUOTE=TCHB;2412522]Remember once you go over the base kilo watt usage your rates go up really quick.
Who the fock decides what baseline is? They don't have a clue:mad:

PHOTOGLOU
02-27-2007, 08:09 AM
Just got mine last night....... $211..... Have a friend staying there right now..... Maybe he left the microwave on????

Mr. Naudio
02-27-2007, 08:13 AM
well my sewer bill alone is $150.00 in August my water and sewer together was bigger than my power bill at $220.00 every month of the year.

2forcefull
CLAP,CLAP,CLAP,CLAP,CLAP,CLAP, STANDING UP NOW, CLAP,CLAP,CLAP,CLAP
RIGHT FOC'N ON!!!!!!

Sleek-Jet
Remember once you go over the base kilo watt usage your rates go up really quick.
I don't thing Unisource is set up that way. They don't have a usage premium like PG&E or ConEd
One thing to keep in mind though, their electric rate freeze is up in a year or two. Everyone in Havasu is going to see a large increase in their electricity rates.
If you bundle your natti gas bill with your electric bill will drive things up, seems like we don't go a month or two with out southwest gas having a rate increase.

2forcefull
02-27-2007, 08:18 AM
My Wife Works At Southwest Gas, They Make Goooooood Money There

Bad Puddy Tat
02-27-2007, 08:32 AM
Wow!! I'll also take that $100 electric bill. We live here full time. $175-$250 in the winter $450-$600 in the summer. However our home is all electric and about 3000 SF. Home

OutCole'd
02-27-2007, 08:34 AM
Where did he say he can't afford it? He was just asking a question, get back on your meds, will you?

Baja Big Dog
02-27-2007, 08:50 AM
Holy crap, who pissed in your wheaties? I think your name says it.....like Coled said, go to the cupboard, the bottle on the left, Valium, mix it with a couple of Prozac, and chase it with a shot of Jack and your good to go!!!
I think I would check on this guys renters, Ill bet they are growing pot!!!!:jawdrop:

Ms.Havasu
02-27-2007, 09:06 AM
My snow birds ran the electric up to 146.00 last month in a 1200 Sq.Ft. home with no pool. I was a little surprised when I opened the bill myself.
My 2100 Sq.Ft. house with a pool was 180.00 and we have alot of stuff running all day long.ie: 3 computers, 70 gal fish tank, pool, TV's etc.
So I think they leave the heat on all day to get that toasty warm feeling all over. But at least they are making the MORTGAGE payment for us so I'm o.k. with them being comfortable.
Don't even get me started with the sewer fees:devil: :mad:

Kilrtoy
02-27-2007, 09:29 AM
So I think they leave the heat on all day to get that toasty warm feeling all over. But at least they are making the MORTGAGE payment for us so I'm o.k. with them being comfortable.
:
Exactly Michelle, I could not agree with you more....

SummitKarl
02-27-2007, 09:36 AM
well my sewer bill alone is $150.00 in August my water and sewer together was bigger than my power bill at $220.00 every month of the year.
sounds like you need to go get a second meter from the city, (irrigation meter)...they are $900 installed last time I checked, your sewer is based on how much water comes into the property...if you have a pool or are watering plants go get the second meter. my city bill runs about 50-60 a month

Sleek316
02-27-2007, 10:08 AM
My snowbirds this year were less costly this year than in the past. Febuary was $74.00 for 1500 SF. I also cut back the irrigation as your sewer bill is figured on consumption from Jan through April. Lower use means lower bills for the rest of the year. You can cost average your electrical my budget electrical is $90 per month.

Psycho Squid
02-27-2007, 03:34 PM
Holy crap, who pissed in your wheaties? I think your name says it.....like Coled said, go to the cupboard, the bottle on the left, Valium, mix it with a couple of Prozac, and chase it with a shot of Jack and your good to go!!!
I think I would check on this guys renters, Ill bet they are growing pot!!!!:jawdrop:No one in general pissed in my wheaties. Sorry the fact remains here in Havasu It's a price gouging town! Most non locals don't realize most places in LHC have 2 prices ( even the bars. ) With that said, Being a Retirement community every one here seems to bitch and moan about the cost of everything! Just struck a nerve! Just seems everyone in LHC wants it all and for nothing. Never heard many issues regarding Cost when I lived in San Diego. People went and found the money!
The locals have a sang here " WELCOME TO HAVASU"

Havasu_Dreamin
02-27-2007, 04:07 PM
Electrical bill was $65 lat month in Havasu and $40 in La Verne.....