PDA

View Full Version : Probs with Dish Network

Windy
02-26-2007, 09:11 PM
I signed up for Dish Network at the LA Boat Show. We're switching from Time Warner to Dish. Well the installer was suppose to come last saturday for the installation between 9 am - 12 pm. Im waiting all morning for him to show up. He calls me at 11:45 to say his van broke down in Long Beach...he said he lost his tranny, so we rescheduled for this evening at 5 pm. He never showed up...never called...never answered his cell. I even left messages on the 800 number that is on the paper work I signed at the boat show. I missed my math class for this, and missed sushi with my hot boat buddies because of this. I cant believe the turd couldnt even call with some type of excuse.
So..now Im questioning the customer service???

Racey
02-26-2007, 09:20 PM
I believe they outsource the installations to private contractors, A few of my buddies have Dish, the service itself and programming is great, especially the h2o channel, but the customer service leaves something to be desired from what I've heard from them.

work2play
02-26-2007, 09:51 PM
We had direct TV then switched to Dish. I hate dish and I'm not a hater. We have had more problems in 3 months with Dish than 2 years with Direct. I'll go back as soon as my contract runs out. Maybe sooner.

76ANTHONY
02-26-2007, 09:54 PM
I signed up for Dish Network at the LA Boat Show. We're switching from Time Warner to Dish. Well the installer was suppose to come last saturday for the installation between 9 am - 12 pm. Im waiting all morning for him to show up. He calls me at 11:45 to say his van broke down in Long Beach...he said he lost his tranny, so we rescheduled for this evening at 5 pm. He never showed up...never called...never answered his cell. I even left messages on the 800 number that is on the paper work I signed at the boat show. I missed my math class for this, and missed sushi with my hot boat buddies because of this. I cant believe the turd couldnt even call with some type of excuse.
So..now Im questioning the customer service???
we had the same issue windy, thier customer service sucks butt to, but we have had it for a year and thats the only issue we have had, so its like everything else, ya know:D

YeLLowBoaT
02-26-2007, 09:59 PM
The custmer survice does suck... I actaully got better custmer survice from the outside contractor( installer) then I did from dish. The sad part is dishs custmer survice is 100x better then comcast cables was and its half the price for more channels...

wolfie
02-26-2007, 10:01 PM
I've had it for 5 years here in Utah and have had no problems. In fact when I had the basement finished the dipsh!t contractor didn't set up the cable correctly. The dish guy came out and he jumped through hoop to try to figure it out. Now I have a really cool setup with surround and no chick shows are allowed down there.

BoneDaddy
02-26-2007, 11:22 PM
I have had Dish for about a year and a half. It has been great. Even the installer was timely and courteous. I had Comcast before I made the switch to Dish and would not wish them on my worst enemy.

ShutYaPieHole
02-27-2007, 01:30 AM
Dish is by far the worst crap on the market!

Mr. Crusader 83
02-27-2007, 05:57 AM
I had direct for years and just recently went to Dish. I like it. But call dish and tell them that you want one of there Dish installers out there and not a subcontractor. That is the only way to get a good install.

LHC30Victory
02-27-2007, 06:10 AM
Hey Windy, We signed with the same guy at the show and his crew showed up to install the upland house, did a good job but were supposed to leave parts for the Havi house for me to install. Well, they didnt leave the right parts. I called Andy and he explained that they got so much business from the boat show and then the home show right after, that they cant keep up the install schedule...
He seemed honest but they are behind. Didnt get my stuff for the Havi house till last night...

topless
02-27-2007, 06:23 AM
I know someone who is a manager at dish. I'll see what I can do for you.

Todd969
02-27-2007, 06:27 AM
Hey Windy, We signed with the same guy at the show and his crew showed up to install the upland house, did a good job but were supposed to leave parts for the Havi house for me to install. Well, they didnt leave the right parts. I called Andy and he explained that they got so much business from the boat show and then the home show right after, that they cant keep up the install schedule...
He seemed honest but they are behind. Didnt get my stuff for the Havi house till last night...
What the heck are you doing awake? Thanks again for dinner, it was great:)

02-27-2007, 06:30 AM
Glad i didnt sign up for dish, ill stay with cox cable never a problem

gramps
02-27-2007, 07:03 AM
I cant believe the turd couldnt even call with some type of excuse.
write an email to ceo@echostar.com I know a lot of people that have had problems and have gotten them taken care of by going that route.

Jetdriver
02-27-2007, 07:06 AM
Had Directv went to Dish, cancelled them as fast as we could and went back to Direct. Dish sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Windy
02-27-2007, 07:50 AM
I was wondering how your install went...it was good seeing you and MiMi. ;)

Windy
02-27-2007, 07:51 AM
I know someone who is a manager at dish. I'll see what I can do for you.
Thanks Ali :)

Windy
02-27-2007, 07:55 AM
write an email to ceo@echostar.com I know a lot of people that have had problems and have gotten them taken care of by going that route.
Thanks...the supervisor for the outside source installer called me first thing this morning...she is sending someone out on thursday.
I will hold on to this email just in case. ;)

Kachina26
02-27-2007, 08:04 AM
I got dish out in Havi, the installers were far from impressive. I like the service/equipment on the dish better than my direct stuff, though. I came out into the garage to find the installer using my upholstered ice chest as a step stool!!! :mad: I grabbed the ladder that was 2 feet away and set it up for his lazy ass.

mobldj
02-27-2007, 09:47 AM
i had no problem with dish 2 months ago,friend got the royal screwing like your getting,differant installers i guess.but anything is better than time warner!

atomickitn
02-27-2007, 09:55 AM
you go hunny !...damm i cant belive we missed sushi with the gang..:devil:

JetBoatRich
02-27-2007, 05:45 PM
Screw Dish, i will stick with Direct:D

blown65
02-27-2007, 06:15 PM
Be careful with Dish. Seems they like to screw you when it comes to money time. Our sec at work signed up with them, bought the equipment but they installer was supposed to bring it out with him. (I believe she ordered it online)
Anyhow, install time comes, no equip. Dish tells her she has the equipment and is trying to rip them off. Turns into a huge pissing match and basically ends that either she sue them to get her money back or deal with canceling. (She needed to return the equip that she never got)
No thanks, Ill stick with our DTV. Its been pretty good except when you have to call in and understand someone that barely speaks english.

ClownRoyal
02-27-2007, 06:23 PM
I have Dish, DirecTV, Comcast, and NPG Cable. Bunch of BS. But if I would consolidate it would be DirecTV.

Windy
03-02-2007, 07:58 AM
UGH....they sent the same turd back out to our house yesterday. The supervisor was all apologetic for him not showing up or calling on monday, and asks when she can send a different installer. We set it up for yesterday. I open the door and let them in. We chatted about the installation for a few minutes. Then I asked him his name, to be sure this is the same guy the flaked on monday, and saturday. He confirms his name. So I asked him what happened to him on monday...I told him he really put us out, and it was totally unprofessional of him to just not show up or call. He insisted that he called me from a pay phone. We waited hours for him to show, and my phone never rang. I called his cell and left 2 messages. Why would he even need to call me from a pay phone when he has a cell phone? He is full of crap. He then said to me..."Are you calling me a liar?" I replied with, " If you say you called me on monday, then yes I am, because I have no calls or messages from you." Then he starts cursing...F this...Were F'N out of here...Cursing all the way out the house. He calls his supervisor and tells them that I threw him out.
Bobby was on his way home from work, so I called him and told him what just happened. He says..."He cursed at you?" He was more than a little pissed. They are dealing with him now.:D

Jbb
03-02-2007, 08:02 AM
Maybe he found your demeanor.....abrasive.....like......sandpaper :jawdrop:

Windy
03-02-2007, 08:09 AM
Maybe I was abrasive?? He starts cursing in my house, because I questioned why he didnt show up or call on monday???
If he thought my demeanor was abrasive...then I cam only imagine what they thought Bobbys demeanor was like when he called the 800 number after I told him what happened.

Jbb
03-02-2007, 08:13 AM
If he thought my demeanor was abrasive...then I cam only imagine what they thought Bobbys demeanor was like when he called the 800 number after I told him what happened.
:p

Jordy
03-02-2007, 08:13 AM
That's what it sounds like to me!!! Windy, stop hating!!! :D :D :D
p.s. RD SUX! :)

Jbb
03-02-2007, 08:21 AM
That's what it sounds like to me!!! Windy, stop hating!!! :D :D :D
p.s. RD SUX! :)
Haters.....:rolleyes:

Windy
03-02-2007, 08:51 AM
Haters.....:rolleyes:
Thats a bit "harsh."

boatnam2
03-02-2007, 08:58 AM
only thing i hate about dish is when you dont pay your bill,that annoying reminder keeps popping up and you have to grab the remote out of your holster to remove it....

Jordy
03-02-2007, 09:00 AM
Thats a bit "harsh."
Have Bobby call him and then tell THE JBB to STOP HATING!!! :D :D :D

Jbb
03-02-2007, 10:08 AM
Thats a bit "harsh."
Harsh..:jawdrop:
ok......sorry...:(

Windy
03-02-2007, 10:10 AM
Harsh..:jawdrop:
ok......sorry...:(
Its a joke.:)

Jbb
03-02-2007, 10:16 AM
Its a joke.:)
Yeah.....it is....

Windy
03-02-2007, 10:20 AM
Yeah.....it is....
Hater.

Jordy
03-02-2007, 10:21 AM
Yeah.....it is....
Dammit The JBB, STOP HATING!!! :mad: :eek: :devil: :jawdrop: :idea: :D

Jbb
03-02-2007, 10:22 AM
Hater.
that's harsh....:jawdrop:

Jbb
03-02-2007, 10:22 AM
Dammit The JBB, STOP HATING!!! :mad: :eek: :devil: :jawdrop: :idea: :D
Fine......:)
serenity now
RD SUX...

Windy
03-02-2007, 10:48 AM
We have Dish at my house and we havent had too much problems with the at all. The only problem we had was when we upgraded to HD. The installer was of course a subcontractor and didnt know coax from HDMI. They do outsource their instalations. Thats where they have the majority of their problems. I think if you did demand a DISH installer I dont think you'll have a problem and I feel their programming is better also.
Yeah...they are a subcontracted installer. We plan of filing a complaint. I will be calling Dish directly today. Someone else told me to have a Dish installer come out for the installation to.