PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl stains

NautiII
02-27-2007, 08:31 AM
I tried posting this in the "How To" section, but, it has not been approved for two weeks now and I need some help, so I am asking here....I have a stain on the back portion of my sun pad from the cover. Does anyone have any idea what might take it off? I tried 409, Purple Power, Simple Green, etc. It has lightened the stains, but I figure there has to be something stronger, or maybe I can just use some kind of vinyl dye or paint....Thanks!

RitcheyRch
02-27-2007, 08:34 AM
If is white try the Mr Clean magic Eraser.

THATJEFFGUY
02-27-2007, 08:34 AM
I tried posting this in the "How To" section, but, it has not been approved for two weeks now and I need some help, so I am asking here....I have a stain on the back portion of my sun pad from the cover. Does anyone have any idea what might take it off? I tried 409, Purple Power, Simple Green, etc. It has lightened the stains, but I figure there has to be something stronger, or maybe I can just use some kind of vinyl dye or paint....Thanks!
Mr. Clean Magic Erasers !

Havasu_Dreamin
02-27-2007, 09:06 AM
http://www.boatbling.net/store%20photos/vinyl%20sauce%20store%20picture_sm.jpg Boat Bling Vinyl Sauce (https://boatbling.net/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=10&zenid=b258ceb98bcaf688036de126e1f3f2c4
) Also available at various dealers around Southern California and in the Phoenix area as well.....

SummitKarl
02-27-2007, 09:15 AM
all I see is a red x
is it a brown stain? from the cover or is it the color of the cover?
if it's a brown stain let the sun bleach it out being as the sun burned it in, unfortunatly it will return when ever the cover is on in direct sunlight
if it's the color of the cover, get some "boat bling vinyl sauce" and use it full strength or just about any heavy degreaser should do the trick

Racey
02-27-2007, 09:28 AM
Depending on what vinyl it is you might try some paint thinner real quickly and lightly, certain vinyls have resistance to strong thinners, others have zero, the real soft vinyls like flotilla will get screwed up by thinner, but newer vinyls hold up fairly well to it.

SOCALDETAIL1
02-27-2007, 10:43 AM
What is the stain exactly? If it is a scuff use a citris based cleaner w/soft bristle nylon brush. If it is dye from the boat cover or a bag then it has to be bleached out. Mark

Mandelon
02-27-2007, 11:34 AM
I've had good luck with soft scrub.

SummitKarl
02-27-2007, 11:37 AM
I've had good luck with soft scrub.
maybe we should ask Barry what to use:jawdrop: :D

djunkie
02-27-2007, 11:42 AM
What color is your interior? The magic eraser couldn't take off some of the stubborn spots on my interior so I bought some of this. http://www.oileater.com/CleanerDegreaser.html
Just spray it on and use a soft nylon brush to scrub it. Wipe clean with a clean rag and water. I then applied some vinyl protectant afterwards. Works awesome. The brush is key cause it will get into the interior better than that Magic Eraser.