PDA

View Full Version : Havasu to Topock water level

DEMOMAN
02-27-2007, 06:05 PM
We are taking the boat out on its maiden voyage this weekend. How is the water level heading up river from Havasu?

ClownRoyal
02-27-2007, 06:18 PM
We are taking the boat out on its maiden voyage this weekend. How is the water level heading up river from Havasu?
Prop-damaging low!:mad:

jrgaudettes
02-27-2007, 06:23 PM
Prop-damaging low!:mad:
Yup, I found that out a few weeks back. :(

DEMOMAN
02-27-2007, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the heads up

dicudmore
02-27-2007, 06:33 PM
Thanks for the heads up
several of us are gonna roll to the springs saturday morning

ClownRoyal
02-27-2007, 06:38 PM
several of us are gonna roll to the springs saturday morning
No problems once you are in. But the launch ramps suck. Can't see going up to Topock until the water is up. Down to the Springs will be no problem. Have fun.
Anyone know when the water level will go up? Who is in control?

FRENCHIE
02-27-2007, 06:42 PM
WENT UP lat weekend, prop up, keep on plane and no problems...felt bad for the 2 or 3 21 ft boats i saw stuck though, that had no clue and were in the water pushing out!! bloody marys were good at topac too!!!:D

Mr. Crusader 83
02-27-2007, 07:33 PM
Low!!!

Havasu Carrera
02-27-2007, 07:33 PM
Is there a low spot after the shallows?:eek: I thought the mouth of the river was the only shallow spot and you could stay center and left and just cruise on through?! Not any more? Do we need to send a few bay liners through to dredge it. Hey Crusader! Is KC still looking for a little jet?

dumbandyoung
02-27-2007, 08:07 PM
No problems once you are in. But the launch ramps suck. Can't see going up to Topock until the water is up. Down to the Springs will be no problem. Have fun.
Anyone know when the water level will go up? Who is in control?
This may not be completely accurate..buts is what i remember...
The farmers used to bein control. There was some water irrigation control organization that had control over the water that came out of lake mohave. well all these out of state developers were coming in to Az, one of which is my uncle. The developers were having trouble obtaining water rights because guess what the farmers had in their best interest? lol
So these developers sitting on their land that they cant get water rights for fought mohave county or the state to get rid of this organization that was one sided and ran by farmers. So there was some agreement that is letting the builders have their water rights in 2005. but no other developers can come in for another ten years. So i have no clue who regulates it know, but there is a fight over that water.

Ivan Dan
02-27-2007, 08:19 PM
It looked pretty low this past Saturday so I didn't chance it and headed down towards the springs instead.

Not So Fast
02-28-2007, 07:10 AM
445.7 as of yesterday. Normal in summer is 448 or so!!!!!! NSF

Mr. Crusader 83
02-28-2007, 07:28 AM
Is there a low spot after the shallows?:eek: I thought the mouth of the river was the only shallow spot and you could stay center and left and just cruise on through?! Not any more? Do we need to send a few bay liners through to dredge it. Hey Crusader! Is KC still looking for a little jet?
YEAP. I found him one trough Todd969 but he doesnt want to spend that much.

phebus
02-28-2007, 07:28 AM
Water level was so low last week, that the Marina was closed to launching of boats over 24' (didn't effect us,we launch at Windsor), and you couldn't launch anything of size at Windsor south. I wouldn't risk a trip up river. You can look down from the highway, and see the chanel around the island at the mouth to get an idea of the best path, but from the water, you can't distinguish it, and your running on experience only.