PDA

View Full Version : Any Property Surveyors on the boards for So.Cal?

andy01
03-01-2007, 11:08 AM
I need to get my property surveyed ASAP! If anyone is one or knows one please let me know. It's in Lakewood Ca.
Thank you,
Andy

TOBTEK
03-01-2007, 12:34 PM
ok...... who pissed you off now:confused:

minimatt
03-01-2007, 01:08 PM
Exactly what type of survey are you looking for. Boundary survey, topographic survey, ALTA survey?

Brewzed
03-01-2007, 01:49 PM
Commercial or Residential?

andy01
03-01-2007, 03:47 PM
Exactly what type of survey are you looking for. Boundary survey, topographic survey, ALTA survey?
Property lines for around my property. Like for building a new garage.
Commercial or Residential?
Residential
I'm building a new garage and everything is based off of the property lines. So I need to know exactly where I can build.
Thank you
Andy

buzzaro
03-01-2007, 04:55 PM
Property lines for around my property. Like for building a new garage.
Residential
I'm building a new garage and everything is based off of the property lines. So I need to know exactly where I can build.
Thank you
Andy
How tight is your lot? Most setback requirements are only 5' (check the codes of course).

boatnam2
03-01-2007, 04:58 PM
let me get my tape and orange paint,and i wil cruise by and mark it for you...what you building the baller 2 story garage with the game room on the top.

andy01
03-01-2007, 05:43 PM
How tight is your lot? Most setback requirements are only 5' (check the codes of course).
Set backs are 1' on the side and 3' on the rear. I need all the inch's I can get out of my lot.
Andy

andy01
03-01-2007, 05:46 PM
let me get my tape and orange paint,and i wil cruise by and mark it for you...what you building the baller 2 story garage with the game room on the top.
I am at war with the guy on the drive way side. Things have gone from bad to worse. Code was here today for the addition I did to the garage a couple of years back. I stuck it to him not long ago, now he is sticking it to me, now since code was here today I told him about the guys none permited re-pipe so he will be getting a notice next week. Well the story is now I need to build a new a garage, so two story with a office and lift. Should hold both trucks and the Vette when I am done!!
Andy

not so magical
03-01-2007, 06:41 PM
andy01, i am a newbee but have been a land surveyor for 8 years and live in so cal so i can help you out if you have not found somebody yet

andy01
03-01-2007, 07:24 PM
andy01, i am a newbee but have been a land surveyor for 8 years and live in so cal so i can help you out if you have not found somebody yet
You can me pm or e-mail me with your contact info. Andy871@msn.com I need to get the ball rolling on this. And I would rather give the bizz to someone in Hot Boat Family. I try to use everybody I can from the boards.

CornWater
03-01-2007, 09:05 PM
Let me know if you can't find anybody and I'll get a crew out there. I would rather give the oppurtunity to someone from here who wants/needs the cash though...

andy01
03-01-2007, 10:09 PM
Let me know if you can't find anybody and I'll get a crew out there. I would rather give the oppurtunity to someone from here who wants/needs the cash though...
Thanks, I'll see what who I hear from or what I find out in the next couple of days.

buzzaro
03-02-2007, 06:12 AM
I am at war with the guy on the drive way side. Things have gone from bad to worse. Code was here today for the addition I did to the garage a couple of years back. I stuck it to him not long ago, now he is sticking it to me, now since code was here today I told him about the guys none permited re-pipe so he will be getting a notice next week. Well the story is now I need to build a new a garage, so two story with a office and lift. Should hold both trucks and the Vette when I am done!!
Andy
Oh man, I always love coming out for property disputes. Seems the really pissed neighbor is always the one thats home while youre there:mad: and wants to argue with what your doing the whole damn time.

TheCarDudes
03-02-2007, 08:06 AM
I know Scott and his partner here from the boards. They do the surveys that you need. Tell them George sent you from HB.
On the boards:
me4drvr
brewzed
Contact either one of them by PM but they don't check the boards often. It would be better to call them:
Scott Ohana
Advanced Land Solutions, Inc
work 951-739-7975

me4drvr
03-02-2007, 08:36 AM
Come on now George... I check often... just stay as a lurker ;)
How's the Golf Cart??
Unfortunatly Andy, all we do is commercial work and if your fence has been there for more than 5 years, you may have issues of possesion vs. ownership.
I still have yet to find a reliable house surveyor to sub our work to. We are just way to busy in the commercial world right now. You can try calling Calvada in Corona, (951)280-9960. I saw a newbie with 8 years experience a couple posts up... if you need any advice though, please contact me and I'll do the best I can.
Scott

me4drvr
03-02-2007, 08:39 AM
Hey "not so magical" are you self employed or do you work for a company?
We're always looking for "GOOD" people... we're in Corona and specialize in ALTA surveys... see www.altasurveys.com if you're interested...

DAB
03-02-2007, 09:51 AM
Andy
Good luck.. I went through this shit and it lasted 15 months.. all over a fence line, got it surveyed.. she took me to court (thrown out). I put up the fence, she called Building & Safety claimed it was 15 ft high, two agencies came out measured, one said it was good, the other said it was 18" too high. Our street is sloped so property is approx 18" higher than hers and the county could not understand that. They finally wanted a "cross-cut" which is a slope survey and cost about 2K.. finally got a hold of someone with a brain and the entire thing is on hold, and in 2 months he coming out to sign off on my fence...

LaveyJet
03-02-2007, 10:34 AM
Andy
Here's a "Design" for vents for your new garage...Facing your neighbor of course.
http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger/6003/166/320/280742/image001.jpg

andy01
03-02-2007, 11:38 AM
Here's a "Design" for vents for your new garage...Facing your neighbor of course.
http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger/6003/166/320/280742/image001.jpg
That is fk'n perfect! I need to do a vent on the front, I may take that picture to my sheet metal guy and have him match it! I would see it where I would put it, but he would also look out his master bedroom on the second floor at it.
Here's a rough drawing of what I am doing.
Now
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25337&stc=1&d=1172864113
After
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25338&stc=1&d=1172864227

boatnam2
03-02-2007, 12:37 PM
you better not fuccck with mr miagi-son...he will chop you up like sushi!