PDA

View Full Version : Pitbull VS. Honda S2000.

beaverretriever
03-01-2007, 05:39 PM
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3103189
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t206/Sevenpants/drivers_side.jpg
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t206/Sevenpants/drivers_side_2.jpg

bear down
03-01-2007, 05:42 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y213/Sikboy666/Jakkeddog.jpg

GAME TIME
03-01-2007, 05:46 PM
DAAAAAAMMMMNNNNN!!!!!!!:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Garrddogg
03-01-2007, 05:48 PM
WHAT THE FOKC KINDA DOG IS THAT?
im thinkin it would take a .45 to stop it!!

BALLSDEEP
03-01-2007, 05:51 PM
Looks like you have 1 pisses of pit! I have 2 of them and I could go on and on with the stories that mine have done to the house.

BALLSDEEP
03-01-2007, 05:52 PM
That focking thing has bigger arms than me!

RitcheyRch
03-01-2007, 05:58 PM
Nothing a shovel wouldnt have cured.

blown65
03-01-2007, 05:59 PM
Must be some good roids.
that is one buff looking dog.

Forkin' Crazy
03-01-2007, 06:08 PM
Nothing a shovel wouldnt have cured.
Right after it died of lead poisoning!:sqeyes:

Boatcop
03-01-2007, 07:20 PM
Bet he doesn't lock him in the garage any more.

Trailer Park Casanova
03-01-2007, 07:28 PM
Rice eating dog.

YeLLowBoaT
03-01-2007, 07:30 PM
That dog would be dead...

MikeF
03-01-2007, 07:30 PM
That just happened a few months ago to one of my coworkers Lexus IS. The pitbull chewed both front fenders just like that. What a dumb dog!:idea:

angry dad
03-01-2007, 07:33 PM
That just happened a few months ago to one of my coworkers Lexus IS. The pitbull chewed both front fenders just like that. What a dumb dog!:idea:
That would be a Dead dog!!!!!!!!!!!

uvindex
03-01-2007, 07:40 PM
Here's another one from the same litter. :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25311&stc=1&d=1172806773

HammerDown
03-01-2007, 07:47 PM
If that was my dog, and it did that to my car...it would have tire tracks across it's head.

jackpunx
03-01-2007, 07:52 PM
If I was the dog.. I would have been pissed too if you locked me in a garage:)

Mandelon
03-01-2007, 08:45 PM
Back when I used to work for a bank, I was doing REO management. I had to go and serve papers on some owners with defaulted loans. Most of the time is was no big deal, but one home was kinda rural, up in the hills.
As I came down the driveway I saw a large chain link dog run. The lower section had two layers. The 120 pound Rottweiler inside had chewed his out once and they had to put a second layer of chain link over the first.
I rolled quietly the rest of the way up to the house. Two more rotties came trotting out to meet me. Drooling growling and all flashing teeth. I turned off the truck and sat there for a bit. They kinda got used to me. I rolled down the window. they got excited again and leaned up on the side of truck and breathed all over me. After a bit I stuck my hand out the window and they got a sniff of me, and got used to me being there. After I was able to rub them on the head, I eased open the door, and got out.
They were a bit touchy, but I talked to them in a calm voice and they chilled out a bit. I made my way to the front door and knocked. It took a while, but eventually the lady came to the door. She looked surprised.
Huh, she say. No one has ever came to our door before. I gave her the papers with less than steady hands. I was thinking she might shout out some German attack command and I'd be hamburger. But she's cool, takes the paperwork, and I'm on my way.
About 30 days later the Sheriff's lockout is scheduled. I am waiting there out front when the Deputy arrives to do the lockout. The big dog out front was gone, but the other two were still prowling around. By this time i've pulled down the driveway. The Deputy pulls down and catches sight of these two waist high Rotties prowling around. He gets all wide eyed and won't get out of his car. I am a little more confident with these dogs, so I get out and start rubbing ears on em. Turns out their names are Lacy and Daisy are a couple of sweethearts. The cop finally gets out, but he's got his hand on his pepper spray the whole time.
The people were gone, but they'd left the dogs to keep an eye on their stuff. apparently they moved about two houses up the road, and the dogs just kept going back "home".........

bigq
03-01-2007, 09:39 PM
Good Lord!!! I could not sleep at night knowing that was in the house.:eek: :eek:

boatsnblondes
03-01-2007, 09:50 PM
That reminds me...I ran over a pit just like that the other night.....running right down the middle of the tracks.....best thud I ever heard....hate them dogs....

Old Texan
03-02-2007, 04:15 AM
The irresponsible owner must not have sang him the right lullabys when he was a pup......
Or maybe too much raw meat?:devil:

AZJD
03-02-2007, 06:59 AM
That is from pumping the dog full of steroids. It isn't even a fighting dog, they just do it simply to walk around with a hug pit. That dog would get its but kicked by a fighting dog, however the Honda seems to have no chance.

RiverDave
03-02-2007, 01:59 PM
That reminds me...I ran over a pit just like that the other night.....running right down the middle of the tracks.....best thud I ever heard....hate them dogs....
I'm glad to know that your happy that you probably killed someones family pet. Show's alot of character.
RD

RiverDave
03-02-2007, 02:02 PM
That dog in that pic was pumped full of steroids or something.. I've seen ripped out Pit's before from weight training etc.. but that's ridiculous.
RD

dmontzsta
03-02-2007, 02:07 PM
That pit is awesome! Breed him so I can have one of his offspring.
The dog was just expressing how much of a bitch car the S2000 was. :D

wright27
03-02-2007, 02:35 PM
My sister used to live in Bishop and she had a pit that was just as buff as that dog. People used to ask if they shot it up with steroids. They didn't it just swam in the canal by there house everyday. That dog was the most beautiful dog I have ever seen. May God rest your soul Sirus.

Wet Dream
03-02-2007, 03:18 PM
DEAD DOG. I don't care...the dog would be dead.

boatsnblondes
03-02-2007, 09:37 PM
I'm glad to know that your happy that you probably killed someones family pet. Show's alot of character.
RD
I got all kinds of character. I got character you wouldn't believe. Family pet?? Your kidding right??? Family's, like mine...don't let the dog escape in the first place. We bring gunner in at night and keep him warm. Pit bulls serve no usefull purpose..I did some one a favor by the killing a dog that may in the future have mauled some kid to death.
Family pet...yeah right. Dysfunctional family pet.

dmontzsta
03-02-2007, 10:01 PM
Fukkin tweeker:rolleyes: isn't that your type of car;)
Tweeker? That is your fellow cantard boy toy Hanson, you ****ing doosh bag. :D

73kona455
03-03-2007, 03:14 AM
i would introduce cujo to mr colt....:D

LAND_LOVER69
03-03-2007, 07:26 AM
Bet he doesn't lock him in the garage any more.
"As strange as it sounds my car was attacked by Pitts today. I walked out my front door tonight and found 2 big Pitts I have never seen before standing beside my car. I scared them off when I came out and wondered what they were doing around my car. To my horrer they ate my front 2 fenders and bumper, scratched up the hood and both doors. The police report lists it as a felony and are looking for the owners of the dogs. Looks like a trip to Platnum. Pics to follow."
:sqeyes:

riverbound
03-03-2007, 08:19 AM
I got all kinds of character. I got character you wouldn't believe. Family pet?? Your kidding right??? Family's, like mine...don't let the dog escape in the first place. We bring gunner in at night and keep him warm. Pit bulls serve no usefull purpose..I did some one a favor by the killing a dog that may in the future have mauled some kid to death.
Oh boy, here we go again.
Werent you the same one who went on a rampage about the train horns too??
With a name like boats and blondes one would think you would be more relaxed....maybe those 2 things are just things you WISH you had?:confused:

jackpunx
03-03-2007, 08:53 AM
yea.. You "may in the future" walk off of a curb, trip and bleed to death... but nobody keeps you from leaving the house.
Its a sick mind that gets a kick out of killing things that you arnt going to eat.
I agree that most of the "families" that have these dogs are all for the wrong reasons and dont have any business with them..
But all the same... Stay out of my nieghborhood.. dogs do get out.. it is what it is..
and if anyone saw you puposly run over a dog.. you would probably end up with a bigger problem then you had anticipated.

HM
03-03-2007, 09:20 AM
You are a character alright. :rolleyes: So, hit and run...killing an animal and running like a pussy and later bragging about it is your definition of "character"? Please, I backed out a steamer this morning that has more character than that.
What a maroon!!!

boatsnblondes
03-03-2007, 11:06 AM
You are a character alright. :rolleyes: So, hit and run...killing an animal and running like a pussy and later bragging about it is your definition of "character"? Please, I backed out a steamer this morning that has more character than that.
What a maroon!!!
What a maroon huh?? I killed an innocent animal, huh? Then I run like a what? A pussy, thats right....and brag about it. Oh, and stay out of my neighborhood, we'll kick your ass if you do it here....blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.
Oh, and the classic line..."hit and run" focking dumbazzes.....as for train horns, your retarded to stick them on a truck...and if you ever blow one at me, your gonna need a lot more than a pittbull to stop whats coming. For you focking retards that think I drive my Yukon around lookiing for pits to run over, here is a pic of what he got in front of. Dumbazzes....:devil:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25394&stc=1&d=1172948729

boatsnblondes
03-03-2007, 11:10 AM
Oh boy, here we go again.
Werent you the same one who went on a rampage about the trin horns too??
With a name like boats and blondes one would think you would be more relaxed....maybe those 2 things are just things you WIH you had?:confused:
BTW, whats a trin horn????

malcolm
03-03-2007, 11:29 AM
Guess I was the only one that saw the word "tracks". ;)

HM
03-03-2007, 11:45 AM
What a maroon huh?? I killed an innocent animal, huh? Then I run like a what? A pussy, thats right....and brag about it. Oh, and stay out of my neighborhood, we'll kick your ass if you do it here....blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.
Oh, and the classic line..."hit and run" focking dumbazzes.....as for train horns, your retarded to stick them on a truck...and if you ever blow one at me, your gonna need a lot more than a pittbull to stop whats coming. For you focking retards that think I drive my Yukon around lookiing for pits to run over, here is a pic of what he got in front of. Dumbazzes....:devil:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25394&stc=1&d=1172948729
Shiat...you didn't say you hit it with a train! LOL Yah, would be kinda hard to go back and leave a note.....Sorry I killed your dog, but he ran out in front of me and only gave me a 1/2 mile to stop. Um...that is information that would have been useful a few posts ago! But, your attitude about doing someone a favor by killing that dog still sucks - and you did brag about it. You are calling us dumbasses because you left out a minor detail that you in a train at the time? LOL Although you have proven beyond a reasonable doubt about your dumbass tendacies here on ***boat. Shall we bring up the MSD incident? LOL!!!

HM
03-03-2007, 11:50 AM
Guess I was the only one that saw the word "tracks". ;)
I read that and thought he hit one at a RR crossing.

boatsnblondes
03-03-2007, 11:52 AM
Shiat...you didn't say you hit it with a train! LOL Yah, would be kinda hard to go back and leave a note.....Sorry I killed your dog, but he ran out in front of me and only gave me a 1/2 mile to stop. Um...that is information that would have been useful a few posts ago! But, your attitude about doing someone a favor by killing that dog still sucks - and you did brag about it. You are calling us dumbasses because you left out a minor detail that you in a train at the time? LOL Although you have proven beyond a reasonable doubt about your dumbass tendacies here on ***boat. Shall we bring up the MSD incident? LOL!!!
I said tracks....as far as the MSD thing...go ahead...I don't care...I still stand byu what I said in that whole thing....the only dumbass is the one that takes it and says nothing....usually I HATE running over dogs and cats...simply cause they don't know better, I actually prefer I run over a person, if given the choice. People do it on purpose, I have have no real remorse, other than the initial stress and shock of it all. But a PIT?? I would swerve to hit a pitt. :D
BTW, conductor heard him rolling under the cars four cars back....great tag.

HM
03-03-2007, 12:22 PM
I said tracks....as far as the MSD thing...go ahead...I don't care...I still stand byu what I said in that whole thing....the only dumbass is the one that takes it and says nothing....usually I HATE running over dogs and cats...simply cause they don't know better, I actually prefer I run over a person, if given the choice. People do it on purpose, I have have no real remorse, other than the initial stress and shock of it all. But a PIT?? I would swerve to hit a pitt. :D
I give you credit for sticking around with some of the stuff you have gotten into. A lot of people run away from ***boat and the "drama."
And, I own a pit/mastiff. The father is 100% pure (english?) pit and the mother is 100% pure english mastiff. He is just slightly over a year old and weighed in at 120 lbs this week...and he is still a bit skinny. He looks like a gigantic pit...and scares the crap out of people because he has saggy red eyes like a mastiff that makes it look like he is pissed off. He is a gigantic doofus....and really is only a threat if you don't like drool (changed my shirt twice this morning before heading out). There are a lot of bad dogs in general out there regardless of breed, but they are bad because of bad breeding and bad owners. I'd be happier if you ran over some of the owners of these bad dogs.....now that would be a "classic tag."

HM
03-03-2007, 12:34 PM
Back to the original post....my pit/mastiff ate one of my $300 Feragamo shoes about a month ago. He brought to me to show how proud he was of the damage.....can't help but laugh. :D

jackpunx
03-03-2007, 01:49 PM
your a f..cking peice of work.. Your parents should be proud..
they really let you drive that train?.. are they suposed to take some kind of test first?
I really hope your just blowing off some steam...

03-03-2007, 02:38 PM
WHAT AN IDIOT!

boatsnblondes
03-03-2007, 03:18 PM
your a f..cking peice of work.. Your parents should be proud..
they really let you drive that train?.. are they suposed to take some kind of test first?
I really hope your just blowing off some steam...
First off, my folks are VERY proud of me.
Second off, I don't have a choice over who gets in front of me. I'm a spectator like the rest of people unfortunate to witness the event. All I do is try to stop the train timely and safely, keeping the passengers as unharmed as I can. That said, trains up here nail people on a weekly basis. We just got one yesterday, I ran down to Fresno last Weds. night to relieve an engineer after a homeless guy used him to commit suicide. People jump in front of us for all reasons, some on purpose, a lot not. That is thier choice. The only thing I begrudge them is the horrendous memories I end up living with. Too many for me.
But dogs and cats and other animals are differant. They are out there because they don't know any better, and I HATE it when I hit them. Nothing I can do, but I hate it. I'm sorry to those of you who do have these kinds of dogs and are responsible to and for them, I'm sure they are great dogs. BUT, that said, I have heard they can be great dogs for ten years, then one day just snap. For no reason. Truth told, they scare the shit oughta me. I don't like hitting anything, but, if I have to, let it be a pitt.
Now, one story real quick, then I will shut up. I was on a train one night, train 703, Bakersfield to Sacramento, and we were coming into Hanford at 80mph. Came around the corner at East Hanford, and there in the headlights are two Chihuahuas in between the rails....nasty ankle biting little termite dogs. Hate them too. Anyways, I blew a little horn at them, and one jumps over over the rail and takes off. The other though, looks at us coming at him, takes off running RIGHT AT US, barking all the way. It was a good death. Never forget that. I hope I go the same way.:D

BadKachina
03-03-2007, 03:34 PM
Pits scare the crap out of me. I have a buddy who has one that can jump at least 6' in the air. He can't leave it outside because it can get it's paws on top of his 7' high fence and climb over. You would be hard pressed to stop that dog from mauling your face if he wanted too. In general the dog is very friendly and playfull but just knowing what it has the potential to do keeps me from taking my kids to his house anymore. I love dogs in general but I would never own a pit myself, I also wouldn't hurt one on purpose unless I thought it was a threat to me.

HM
03-03-2007, 04:09 PM
I'm sure they are great dogs. BUT, that said, I have heard they can be great dogs for ten years, then one day just snap. For no reason.
I totally disagree with people that claim dogs just "snap". I have known several dogs that people have claimed to have just snapped, when in reality, there were lots of warning signs. People say things like, "Spot, you stop that growling you silling dog...he really is a sweet dog, wouldn't hurt a fly, I don't know what got into him....then he "snaps"". That is the exact story of a dog that my sister owns...dog bit my 1 year old daughter in the face....luckily just nipped and no blood and she still claims it is a sweet dog that won't hurt anyone. It will get a broken neck it I see it ever nip at a kid again - won't happen to my kids as I refuse to go anywhere that dog is. One of my dogs is getting a bit skiddish here and there. I take that serious. She had been a great dog around the kids, letting them tug and pull and she just loved it. The other day, she got up and jumped away...and I now won't let the kids play with her and she will be leaving very soon. So, the whole "snapping" is complete bullshit. I will challenge anyone on this. There are always signs. Even when a dog goes rabbid....it does not happen in an instant.

jackpunx
03-03-2007, 04:47 PM
Second off, I don't have a choice over who gets in front of me. I'm a spectator like the rest of people unfortunate to witness the event. All I do is try to stop the train timely and safely, keeping the passengers as unharmed as I can. That said, trains up here nail people on a weekly basis. We just got one yesterday, I ran down to Fresno last Weds. night to relieve an engineer after a homeless guy used him to commit suicide. People jump in front of us for all reasons, some on purpose, a lot not. That is thier choice. The only thing I begrudge them is the horrendous memories I end up living with. Too many for me.
But dogs and cats and other animals are differant. They are out there because they don't know any better, and I HATE it when I hit them. Nothing I can do, but I hate it. I'm sorry to those of you who do have these kinds of dogs and are responsible to and for them, I'm sure they are great dogs. BUT, that said, I have heard they can be great dogs for ten years, then one day just snap. For no reason. Truth told, they scare the shit oughta me. I don't like hitting anything, but, if I have to, let it be a pitt.
Now, one story real quick, then I will shut up. I was on a train one night, train 703, Bakersfield to Sacramento, and we were coming into Hanford at 80mph. Came around the corner at East Hanford, and there in the headlights are two Chihuahuas in between the rails....nasty ankle biting little termite dogs. Hate them too. Anyways, I blew a little horn at them, and one jumps over over the rail and takes off. The other though, looks at us coming at him, takes off running RIGHT AT US, barking all the way. It was a good death. Never forget that. I hope I go the same way.:D
If I were driving a bus full of people.. I wouldnt swerve to miss an animal if it would possibly tip the bus..
I understand that your a spectator..but in the first post you said you would go out of your way to kill a dog.. now you say you hate killing animals.
you just come off like a dick.. I see your back peddeling a little here .. And I understand your statement that if something had to get in front of the train..if you could choose it... it would be a pit..
I think some people are just not animal people, uninformed and dont care to be.
But tell me that you talk to people in person like you did in that first post. If thats the case.. I imagine you are a really good fighter because you would get lots of practice..
If you really feel the way you wrote in the first post.. I suggest just saying that instead of trying to clean it up..
I personaly would respect that.

YeLLowBoaT
03-03-2007, 04:53 PM
i would never put myself or any one else in danger over a animal... if my choice is hit the animal or go off the road, I will hit the animal every time.
Does not mean I will feel bad about. No animals life is worth more then a humans, peroid.

Burn504
03-03-2007, 04:59 PM
I agree that most of the "families" that have these dogs are all for the wrong reasons and dont have any business with them..
Actually most of the families that own pits have great dogs. Its the small amount of bad homes that make it bad for the rest of us.
Look at the thread about pits. Look at all the people that own them just from a HB site.
And to whatever the **** your name is that drives a train for a living. I dont give a **** if you hit it with an airplane coming in for a landing. Feeling good about it is just sick. Saying you would swerve to hit a pit. I hope someone feels that way when they swerve and hit your son/daughter.

Burn504
03-03-2007, 05:07 PM
I have heard they can be great dogs for ten years, then one day just snap. For no reason. Truth told, they scare the shit oughta me. I don't like hitting anything, but, if I have to, let it be a pitt.
and how many experiences in your life have you seen it first hand? how many people do you know that own them?
I would guess 0 of both. Its a scare tactic for the most part from the media. I personally know tons of pit owners and you would think if it was that common these people would have some kind of personal experience of it happening. My guess is those dogs that flipped out after 10years were not perfect for the first 10.. and there were many signs that something wasnt right with the dog.

jackpunx
03-03-2007, 05:41 PM
and how many experiences in your life have you seen it first hand? how many people do you know that own them?
I would guess 0 of both. Its a scare tactic for the most part from the media. I personally know tons of pit owners and you would think if it was that common these people would have some kind of personal experience of it happening. My guess is those dogs that flipped out after 10years were not perfect for the first 10.. and there were many signs that something wasnt right with the dog.
My pitt is 14.. She's just a little slower now..

jackpunx
03-03-2007, 05:44 PM
Actually most of the families that own pits have great dogs. Its the small amount of bad homes that make it bad for the rest of us.
Look at the thread about pits. Look at all the people that own them just from a HB site.
I disagree a little here.. Just go to downtown LA, Venice Beach.. actuall any major city.. I work in them a lot.. the place is litterd with unwanted dogs

Riverkid
03-03-2007, 05:46 PM
I disagree a little here.. Just go to downtown LA, Venice Beach.. actuall any major city.. I work in them a lot.. the place is litterd with unwanted dogs
Bingo. Some of those things like to bite...

boatsnblondes
03-03-2007, 05:55 PM
Do you guys see that?? I said running down the middle of the TRACKS....you guys are the ones who think I run around in the Yukon looking for pets....how retarded is that? As far as what I said, I'm not backtracking....I hate running over dogs, but LOVED running over that pit. I woulda back it up and done it again if I could gotten away with it...but, I got to run his ass over again the next day as the pieces were still between the rails....great tag. As for the swerving comment...focking retard, it was joke..you can't swerve a train...go back to school or something...

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
03-03-2007, 06:04 PM
Thats dog is on roids!!! His bicepts look like a bodybuilders arms:eek: I have seen some swoolen dogs but thats insane!!
If anyone had a pit like that, nobody would phukk around with your property;)

boatsnblondes
03-03-2007, 06:29 PM
Hmmm..lets see...there has been an active movement in Sac for years now to ban them, they are for the most part the most hated of dogs, and even though they do not bite more than other dogs, they are responsible for the majority of deaths every year. I disagree that it goes to the owners, I have talked with people who say the the breed has been so inbred it is unstable now. Every time someone gets attacked, it's almost always a pit. They are the majority of bites lately...

YeLLowBoaT
03-03-2007, 06:32 PM
Thats dog is on roids!!! His bicepts look like a bodybuilders arms:eek: I have seen some swoolen dogs but thats insane!!
If anyone had a pit like that, nobody would phukk around with your property;)
Actaully if you lived next to me with a dog like that... Animal control would be at your house on a regular basis... and if it made any aggressive acts towards any one or any ones pets. I would shoot it.

riverbound
03-03-2007, 07:15 PM
Actaully if you lived next to me with a dog like that... Animal control would be at your house on a regular basis... and if it made any aggressive acts towards any one or any ones pets. I would shoot it.
......and after a certain ammount of "false" alarms... to A.C. You would be fined by them. Had a neighbor that tried the same chicken sh*t stunt with my Rotties. They looked mean but complete whimps and would only lick uyou to death. Would call and complain saying they were out running around and acting aggressively. the first couple times A.C. would come out and investigate, there was never a problem. After about 6mos Animal control started billing the Azzhole for calling in false complaints. My guess is you and boatsand blondes talk big game online but would actually do nothing in person, except bitch about it on some message board.

riverbound
03-03-2007, 07:19 PM
BTW, whats a trin horn????
fixed the spelling just for you....I also misspelled wish, fixed that also.
I assumed you were smart enough to figure it out. but just in case trin was supposed to be train. ;)

boatsnblondes
03-03-2007, 07:34 PM
......and after a certain ammount of "false" alarms... to A.C. You would be fined by them. Had a neighbor that tried the same chicken sh*t stunt with my Rotties. They looked mean but complete whimps and would only lick uyou to death. Would call and complain saying they were out running around and acting aggressively. the first couple times A.C. would come out and investigate, there was never a problem. After about 6mos Animal control started billing the Azzhole for calling in false complaints. My guess is you and boatsand blondes talk big game online but would actually do nothing in person, except bitch about it on some message board.
I already got one pitt to my name....bring yours on over...I'm more than happy to do society a favor by adding to the body count...no need to hide here...I'm right out in the open.
As for the spelling...I got it, you didn't....;)

YeLLowBoaT
03-03-2007, 07:35 PM
You know nothing about me...Thrust me I would do alot more then just type on a forums. I would also make sure every one on the street knew about the dog and called as well. One person is one thing...but when 10-25 ppl are all calling about it. You will get what you want. If Animal control won't get rid of that dog. A few phone calls to the local news sations/papers. Saying there is a aggressive pit that looks like the one in that picture, it will be gone. Its just a matter of who removes it...
Tell me... would you want a dog like that living next to you? Now how about if you had your 10 year old SPECIAL ED cousin living with you?

03-03-2007, 10:27 PM
I already got one pitt to my name....bring yours on over...I'm more than happy to do society a favor by adding to the body count...no need to hide here...I'm right out in the open.
Your an idiot! If I saw you run that dog over and laugh about it , I'd kick the shit outta you!

riverbound
03-03-2007, 11:01 PM
No where did I say I have a pit...but I can tell you this much... I (like most people here) treat my dogs like family, and I HIGHLY doubt you would ever get close enough to do harm to ANY member of my family.;)

riverbound
03-03-2007, 11:11 PM
You know nothing about me...Thrust me I would do alot more then just type on a forums. I would also make sure every one on the street knew about the dog and called as well. One person is one thing...but when 10-25 ppl are all calling about it. You will get what you want. If Animal control won't get rid of that dog. A few phone calls to the local news sations/papers. Saying there is a aggressive pit that looks like the one in that picture, it will be gone. Its just a matter of who removes it...
Tell me... would you want a dog like that living next to you? Now how about if you had your 10 year old SPECIAL ED cousin living with you?
Well, If the dog actually did display aggresive behavior I would agree.....but you and boats and blondes are basing your opinions SOLEY on looks ;)

riverbound
03-03-2007, 11:12 PM
Your an idiot! If I saw you run that dog over and laugh about it , I'd kick the shit outta you!
These 2 are invinceable as long as they hide behind their computer screens:rolleyes:

riverbound
03-03-2007, 11:24 PM
Oh..I got it... I even laughed as my dumb a$$ was driving my boat all day today ;)

boatsnblondes
03-03-2007, 11:48 PM
Oh..I got it... I even laughed as my dumb a$$ was driving my boat all day today ;)
OK, now THAT hurt.....:eek:

Burn504
03-04-2007, 01:26 PM
i wouldnt say an unwanted stray has anything to do with my comment about "families with pitbulls"
and im from San Diego.. So dont give me the "over here is different story". I got my Pit in Encanto...

RiverDave
03-04-2007, 01:36 PM
boatsnblondes, your a sick ****. That's basically all it's going to come down to on this message board. I got the fact that you hit it with a train by the way.. The fact that you take joy in it is the reason why your a sick ****. The fact that you back peddled and then came back again with joy afterwards shows your a spineless sick ****. Have a good day Mr. Sick ****.
RD

BRSTQUEST
03-04-2007, 02:31 PM
After having two pits charge me while at work, I can say without any doubts pits are very different than any other dogs. They have been breed to a point where faimly lines can not be traced. When the little bastards went to dog hell, I did not feel bad or any remorse. I was upset at the fact the bad guy now knew we were there and put us into more danger.
Pits are bad dogs....PERIOD

RiverDave
03-04-2007, 02:34 PM
After being attacked by two black labs (different instances) they are bad dogs period. They are like no other breed, total family pet then next thing you know they are biting the shit out of you for trying to walk away.
Sounds kinda funny doesn't it? Well it happened to me, yet I'm not going to be so bold as to say that an entire breed of dog is bad just becuase I happened to get attacked by two of the same breed at different points in my life.
RD

BRSTQUEST
03-04-2007, 02:48 PM
After being attacked by two black labs (different instances) they are bad dogs period. They are like no other breed, total family pet then next thing you know they are biting the shit out of you for trying to walk away.
Sounds kinda funny doesn't it? Well it happened to me, yet I'm not going to be so bold as to say that an entire breed of dog is bad just becuase I happened to get attacked by two of the same breed at different points in my life.
RD
Does not sound funny to me at all. Having an animal attack you is a very dangerous experience and I would not discount that. All dogs have a brain which makes them capable of acting on their own, that is why all dogs should be treated with respect. But the sad truth is, as a percentage, pits are more aggresive and their blood lines have been damaged by poor breeding and the like. If you look at reliable statistics compiled by a reliable source you will see pits are the far and away leader in human attacks. I know people here own and love their pits, but facts are facts and these dogs have been damaged and have caused to much damage.

RiverDave
03-04-2007, 03:40 PM
Well BreastQuest, lets see some reliable facts from reliable sources as you put it. I put up the stats from the "American Temperment Testing Society" that tests every breed of dog, and their tests are indifferent to breed, yet that somehow isn't good enough for the people that are hating on them. They get their stats from www.ihatepitbulls.com and www.ilistentothemediatoomuch.com and somehow think they are the real deal?
Let me ask you a question. Do you own a dog? Have you owned a pit? Do you have any 1st hand experience with pits (other then 2 charging you)?
Would you be interested in meeting mine and seeing if your feelings are still the same at the end of the day?
RD

Tom Brown
03-04-2007, 03:48 PM
I'll tell you what, Dave. If you will back me to get the kite tube ban lifted, I'll recommend preschoolers poke pit bulls in the eyes with sharp sticks.

BRSTQUEST
03-04-2007, 04:02 PM
Well BreastQuest, lets see some reliable facts from reliable sources as you put it. I put up the stats from the "American Temperment Testing Society" that tests every breed of dog, and their tests are indifferent to breed, yet that somehow isn't good enough for the people that are hating on them. They get their stats from www.ihatepitbulls.com and www.ilistentothemediatoomuch.com and somehow think they are the real deal?
Let me ask you a question. Do you own a dog? Have you owned a pit? Do you have any 1st hand experience with pits (other then 2 charging you)?
Would you be interested in meeting mine and seeing if your feelings are still the same at the end of the day?
RD
I was thinking more along the lines of The Jounal of American Veternary Medical Association. Professional journals tend to be the most advanced and unbaised when it comes to statistical information. I currently do not own a dog. I have owned several dogs in my life and have had good luck with all. They have ranged from small lap dogs to a big German Shepard. I have had male and female, mutt and pure breed. I think the best temperment was a mixed breed lab/gs/dobbie female. She was a great dog with a great attitude. I have not owned a pit as I believe they are dangerous and I do not want to be responsible for a horrible incident which I could have prevented. I liken it to this, I am sure there are some "good" gangsters in the world, but I sure won't be letting any come stay with me. Its not a matter of if, but of when....Sorry, I do not want to meet your dogs or anyother pits for that matter.....I am willing to be around ALL others but not these,,,,Sorry

RiverDave
03-04-2007, 04:15 PM
Ok, can you please show me the medical journals where it says that Pits have more human bites then any other breed? I'd be really interested in reading the article.
I also think it's sad that you can so easily condemn something when self admittedly you have zero first hand experience with it. Sounds alot like those people that try to outlaw performance boating becuase it's "dangerous" but if you ask any of them they've never been on one, and or truthfully know anything about them. That's something to think long and hard about.
You've had one experience with them and it was negative so now you are willing to believe in all the hype. I've had 2 pretty intense experiences with black labs in my life as I mentioned before, and honestly the only other dog attacks that have happened to friends of mine or people I know have been golden retrievers of all things and one with a doberman (own dog turned on the owner one night). How dumb would it sound if I said I'll meet with Akita's, Rotties, Pits, terriers etc.. but not retrievers or labs. How would it look if everytime someone brought one around if I recoiled in fear, or crossed the street?
At the end of the day a dogs a dog. If you love one then you have to love all, becuase theirs bad poodles out there, same as there's good pits. In reality 99% of the time it's bad owners and good owners as opposed to the dog itself though.
RD

YeLLowBoaT
03-04-2007, 04:16 PM
um RD did you look at the links I put out by the CDC? they came out of a medical jounral.

RiverDave
03-04-2007, 04:23 PM
um RD did you look at the links I put out by the CDC? they came out of a medical jounral.
Uuummm Yellowboat we already went over this. CDC statistics come from where? And what breed of dog do they file the stat under if it has even a remotely square head? So how are those stats skewed in which direction?
Those people are no more dog experts then you are, neither are the people taking the reports from the dog bites.
Why do the vast majoriy of k-9 experts agree that they make GREAT family pets especially if you have kids?
RD

YeLLowBoaT
03-04-2007, 04:30 PM
Uuummm Yellowboat we already went over this. CDC statistics come from where? And what breed of dog do they file the stat under if it has even a remotely square head? So how are those stats skewed in which direction?
Those people are no more dog experts then you are, neither are the people taking the reports from the dog bites.
Why do the vast majoriy of k-9 experts agree that they make GREAT family pets especially if you have kids?
RD
the CDC took the numbers from all the local, animal control/ police as well as hospitols.
I have yet to seen one so called "dog expert" that has had anything published in a scientific journal of any kind saying pits make good family pet and are safe. Let alone show proof of that statement... Yet I have seen countless reports form Animal control departments that pits attack more on a per dog basis then any other breed and do the most damage.

OutCole'd
03-04-2007, 04:37 PM
Just a question here. Pits may not attack more than other dogs, (I have done any research on this), but what dogs do the most damage when they do attack? I had a pit years ago, he was a great dog, but got into a couple of fights and I swear, that dog would not stop till the other dog was dead if you let it keep going. Break a board over its head, garden hose cranked up down it's throat, just would not net go or stop. I gave him up because it was just not worth the risk to me with little kids around, I just never trusted the dog after seeing how agresively it would fight.
Labs or poodles may bite more, but do they kill more?
Again, not trying to hate, just asking a question.

Tom Brown
03-04-2007, 04:45 PM
Small poodle breeds seem particularly prone to biting, from what I have found. I don't think they're biting out of animosity but they'll take your pant leg as quick as look at it. It's always somewhat disorienting walk across someone's living room and notice there is a little more resistance on one leg than the other.

RiverDave
03-04-2007, 05:27 PM
Just a question here. Pits may not attack more than other dogs, (I have done any research on this), but what dogs do the most damage when they do attack? I had a pit years ago, he was a great dog, but got into a couple of fights and I swear, that dog would not stop till the other dog was dead if you let it keep going. Break a board over its head, garden hose cranked up down it's throat, just would not net go or stop. I gave him up because it was just not worth the risk to me with little kids around, I just never trusted the dog after seeing how agresively it would fight.
Labs or poodles may bite more, but do they kill more?
Again, not trying to hate, just asking a question.
If it's a question of damage, then German Shepards should be banned as well. As well as Alaskan Malamutes, or well pretty much any dog over 30 - 40 pounds.. If you backed a full size poodle into a corner and it decided to attack it could do significant damage to a person(s).
Should they not sell cars that can break the speed limit becuase of potential damage? Or will they have to come up with an equation of some sort to predict potential damage to deem whether or not it should be legal? Will a F-250 at 80mph cause as much damage as a Ferrari at 180mph?
Why does it matter the capabillities of something? If you have a 100mph boat should you not be allowed to run it on Castaic becuase the speed limit is 35mph? The potential is there to break the law, kill yourself and others etc.. Should that be illegal becuase of capabillity?
I realize the other two are stretches of an example, but a really pissed off St Bernard (Kujo for example) could very easily kill someone. If it's a matter of the capabillity of the breed then how come were not talking about other breeds as well? I dunno about you, but I'd be a hell of alot more concerned for my well being if I randomly came across a Mastiff (even though they are related) then I am about my 52lb pit/chow mix.
RD

RiverDave
03-04-2007, 05:42 PM
the CDC took the numbers from all the local, animal control/ police as well as hospitols.
I have yet to seen one so called "dog expert" that has had anything published in a scientific journal of any kind saying pits make good family pet and are safe. Let alone show proof of that statement... Yet I have seen countless reports form Animal control departments that pits attack more on a per dog basis then any other breed and do the most damage.
Well I don't want to take statements off the "pro pitbull" sites becuaes you'll shoot them down as being propaganda for the breed.. So a random site like oh I dunno.. Dog Breed Info maybe? Again indifferent to which breed, they just report about the natural tendancies of each breed.
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/americanpitbull.htm
Some snippets from the website
That sly smile, those determined eyes, that unwaning pleasure to please... the mere quality and characteristics of the APBT have evoked more human emotional, rational, and irrational response than any other breed that exists today. By no means are these dogs people-haters or people-eaters. Their natural aggressive tendencies are toward other dogs and animals, not people. However if they are properly socialized they will not even be aggressive with them. These are truly quality companions for quality owners only! The American Pit Bull Terrier is a good-natured, amusing, extremely loyal and affectionate family pet, which is good with children and adults. Almost always obedient, it is always eager to please its master. It is an extremely courageous and intelligent guard dog that is very full of vitality. Highly protective of his owners and the owner's property, it will fight an enemy to the death. It is usually very friendly, but has an uncanny ability to know when it needs to protect and when everything is okay. The American Pit Bull Terrier can be willful and needs a firm hand. They are generally okay with other pets if they are raised with them from puppy hood. For the most part they are very friendly, but not recommended for most people. Excellent with children in the family, they have a high pain tolerance and will happily put up with rough child play. As with any breed, they should not be left alone with unfamiliar children. Originally used as fighting dogs, the powerful American Pit Bull may go for the throat of strange dogs. A minimum of training will produce a tranquil, obedient dog. Socialize very thoroughly when young to combat aggressive tendencies and be sure to keep the dog under control when other dogs are present. It has given outstanding results as a guardian of property, but is at the same time esteemed as a companion dog. When properly trained and socialized, this is a very good dog and a great family companion. Unfortunately, some choose to promote the fighting instinct in the breed, giving it a bad name.
Would a website called "Dog breed info" suffice? Being that's all the website is dedicated too is information about various dog breeds?
Incidentally that same website isn't afraid to call a spade a spade with regards to dog bites.
The Toy Poodle is sensitive and remarkably intelligent. Highly responsive, they are said to be one of the most trainable breeds. Pleasant, happy, perky and lively, they like to be with people. Demanding and delightful; very amusing and clever, but they are reserved with strangers and should be socialized as a puppy. It makes a very good watchdog for its size. Any effort the owner puts into training and socializing will be well rewarded. Some bloodlines may be high-strung and timid. They may snap if they are teased or surprised. They do best with older, considerate children and are generally good with other pets and dogs. Unless trained, this breed tends to bark a lot
Often used as working dogs, German Shepherds are direct and fearless, eager and alert. Bold, cheerful, obedient and eager to learn. Known for their tremendous loyalty and courage. Calmly confident, but not hostile. Serious and almost human in his intelligence. They have a high learning ability. German Shepherds love to be close to their families, but they are very wary of strangers. This breed needs his people and should not be left isolated for long periods of time. They only bark when it is necessary. German Shepherds have a very strong protective instinct, so they should be extensively socialized to prevent over-guarding when they are an adult. Aggression and attacks on people are largely due to poor breeding, handling and training. A well bred, well-adjusted, and trained dog is for the most part generally good with other pets and excellent with children in the family. They must be firmly trained in obedience from an early age. It is extremely important to purchase your German Shepherd from a reputable breeder. Some are timid and skittish and may be prone to fear biting. Research a puppy's lineage carefully. To be successful pets, these dogs should be trained and socialized from an early age with a firm and loving hand. Coercive or angry training does not succeed well with these dogs. To be truly happy, the German Shepherd needs a task in life. The breed is so intelligent and learns so readily that it has been used as a sheepdog, guard dog, in police work, as a guide for the blind, in search and rescue service, and in the military. The German Shepherd also excels in many other dog activities including schutzhund, tracking, obedience, agility, flyball, and ring sport. His fine nose can sniff out drugs and intruders, and can alert handlers to the presence of underground mines in time to avoid detonation, or gas leaks in a pipes buried 15 feet underground. The German Shepherd is also a popular show and family companion.

YeLLowBoaT
03-04-2007, 05:50 PM
And what scientific journal did that come from? Where is thier data to back that up? I didn't see any, all I saw was opinion from a dog breeding org.
Read some of the none highlighted sections...

RiverDave
03-04-2007, 06:01 PM
Ok let me help you out again with your statistics.. Would you be willing to except wikipedia?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pit_bull
Pit Bull is a term used to describe several breeds of dogs with similar physical characteristics. The American Pit Bull Terrier and the American Staffordshire Terrier commonly fall under the category of "pit bull." There are several other breeds that can fall under the category of pit bull, including: the Argentine Dogo, the English Bull Terrier, the American Bulldog, and the Perro de Presa Canario. These breeds are usually not included by breed name in any Breed Specific Legislation (see below), but are usually included because of a broad definition and confusion as to what a pit bull actually is. All of these breeds as well as many others (including Great Danes, Newfoundlands and Rottweilers) are members of the Molosser family of dog breeds.
Since they are related to other dogs like Mastiffs, and Newfy's.. Would you say that they should all be put down and banned as well?
RD

Wheeler
03-04-2007, 06:03 PM
[QUOTE=boatsnblondes;2421772]What a maroon huh?? I killed an innocent animal, huh? Then I run like a what? A pussy, thats right....and brag about it. Oh, and stay out of my neighborhood, we'll kick your ass if you do it here....blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.
Even though, I do not agree with you totally on Pit Bulls, I was waiting for your response to the two Yahoos, HooRah!

YeLLowBoaT
03-04-2007, 06:04 PM
The difference between Pits and American Staffordshire Terriers is a difficult one. Even breeders can't agree. The main difference is the bloodline. Amstaffs are show dogs and dog fighters won't use dogs with Amstaff blood. As time progresses there will be more of a difference
from the link you just posted... So even dog breeders can't tell them apart...
hmmm intresting...

RiverDave
03-04-2007, 06:08 PM
Yellowboat, I'll ask you the same questions i asked BreastQuest.
have you ever owned a pit? Do you know anyone that owns one? Have you ever had 1st hand experience with the dogs? (Not just a visit in the park, but being around one for a period of time)
Would you like to meet my pit/chow mix to see if it changes your opinion on anything?
RD

RiverDave
03-04-2007, 06:11 PM
Incidentally with regards to your CDC statistics I happened to read this on Wikipedia as well
Legal issues in the USA
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) published a study concerning deaths from canine attacks. Although often cited, the CDC report cautioned that the accuracy of the data "requires complete ascertainment of deaths and an accurate determination of the breed involved, and the denominator requires reliable breed-specific population data (i.e., number of deaths involving a given breed divided by number of dogs of that breed).
However, such denominator data are not available, and official registration or licensing data cannot be used because owners of certain breeds may be less likely than those owning other breeds to register or license their animals." [17]
These caveats notwithstanding a CDC study detailing dog bite related fatalities in the US between 1979 and 1998 reveals that roughly one-thirds were caused by Pit Bull type dogs. The highest number of attacks (118) were by Pit-bull type dogs, the next highest was Rottweilers at 67. The full report can be accessed at: [3]
A followup to the study published in 2000 by Journal of American Veterinary Medical Association suggested that "generic non–breed-specific, dangerous dog laws can be enacted that place primary responsibility for a dog’s behavior on the owner, regardless of the dog’s breed. In particular, targeting chronically irresponsible dog owners may be effective." [18]
CDC claimed one thing, the Veterinary Medical Association claims it's the owners not the dogs. Weird how the experts with regards to dogs would be saying that?
RD

YeLLowBoaT
03-04-2007, 06:23 PM
no I have never owned a pit, yes I do know a few ppl that own pits, I lived next to 3 of them for about 4 years. They were very well trained and what you could call "sweet"... the owner went away for 2 days ( marine recuriter, his wife was at home) for training... while he was gone, 1 of the pits killed the other 2. All of the dogs where with in a few months of age, same breeder, male, but diffrent litters. they had the same father. 2 were fixed, 1 was not... guess which one killed the other 2. Animal control came out, they It could not be calmed down by the owner or animal control, The owner ended up shooting it. Animal control said it was most likly cuased by dog in heat near by and he was getting rid of rivals.
I would not like to see your dog, one dog does not dictate how the rest of the breed acts.

Wheeler
03-04-2007, 06:28 PM
Does not sound funny to me at all. Having an animal attack you is a very dangerous experience and I would not discount that. All dogs have a brain which makes them capable of acting on their own, that is why all dogs should be treated with respect. But the sad truth is, as a percentage, pits are more aggresive and their blood lines have been damaged by poor breeding and the like. If you look at reliable statistics compiled by a reliable source you will see pits are the far and away leader in human attacks. I know people here own and love their pits, but facts are facts and these dogs have been damaged and have caused to much damage.
And here are some stats, that support your claim.
http://www.dogbitelaw.com/Dog%20Attacks%201982%20to%202006%20Clifton.pdf

RiverDave
03-04-2007, 06:39 PM
Out of an article from the New Yorker.. They spoke to the president of the ATTS
A Georgia-based group called the American Temperament Test Society has put twenty-five thousand dogs through a ten-part standardized drill designed to assess a dog’s stability, shyness, aggressiveness, and friendliness in the company of people. A handler takes a dog on a six-foot lead and judges its reaction to stimuli such as gunshots, an umbrella opening, and a weirdly dressed stranger approaching in a threatening way. Eighty-four per cent of the pit bulls that have been given the test have passed, which ranks pit bulls ahead of beagles, Airedales, bearded collies, and all but one variety of dachshund. “We have tested somewhere around a thousand pit-bull-type dogs,” Carl Herkstroeter, the president of the A.T.T.S., says. “I’ve tested half of them. And of the number I’ve tested I have disqualified one pit bull because of aggressive tendencies. They have done extremely well. They have a good temperament. They are very good with children.” It can even be argued that the same traits that make the pit bull so aggressive toward other dogs are what make it so nice to humans. “There are a lot of pit bulls these days who are licensed therapy dogs,” the writer Vicki Hearne points out. “Their stability and resoluteness make them excellent for work with people who might not like a more bouncy, flibbertigibbet sort of dog. When pit bulls set out to provide comfort, they are as resolute as they are when they fight, but what they are resolute about is being gentle. And, because they are fearless, they can be gentle with anybody.”
Then which are the pit bulls that get into trouble? “The ones that the legislation is geared toward have aggressive tendencies that are either bred in by the breeder, trained in by the trainer, or reinforced in by the owner,” Herkstroeter says. A mean pit bull is a dog that has been turned mean, by selective breeding, by being cross-bred with a bigger, human-aggressive breed like German shepherds or Rottweilers, or by being conditioned in such a way that it begins to express hostility to human beings. A pit bull is dangerous to people, then, not to the extent that it expresses its essential pit bullness but to the extent that it deviates from it. A pit-bull ban is a generalization about a generalization about a trait that is not, in fact, general. That’s a category problem
Later from the same article..
“I’ve seen virtually every breed involved in fatalities, including Pomeranians and everything else, except a beagle or a basset hound,” Randall Lockwood, a senior vice-president of the A.S.P.C.A. and one of the country’s leading dogbite experts, told me. “And there’s always one or two deaths attributable to malamutes or huskies, although you never hear people clamoring for a ban on those breeds. When I first started looking at fatal dog attacks, they largely involved dogs like German shepherds and shepherd mixes and St. Bernards—which is probably why Stephen King chose to make Cujo a St. Bernard, not a pit bull. I haven’t seen a fatality involving a Doberman for decades, whereas in the nineteen-seventies they were quite common. If you wanted a mean dog, back then, you got a Doberman. I don’t think I even saw my first pit-bull case until the middle to late nineteen-eighties, and I didn’t start seeing Rottweilers until I’d already looked at a few hundred fatal dog attacks. Now those dogs make up the preponderance of fatalities. The point is that it changes over time. It’s a reflection of what the dog of choice is among people who want to own an aggressive dog.”
Experts agree, it ain't the dog it's the owners.. EVERYTIME.
RD

Tom Brown
03-04-2007, 06:47 PM
Experts agree, it ain't the dog it's the owners.. EVERYTIME.
Well then let's have pit bull owners put down.

YeLLowBoaT
03-04-2007, 06:49 PM
RD the ATTS is a FOR PROFIT company... you have to pay to get your dog tested... and if it fails, it can be tested again in 5 months. its by no way a good judge of temperment of a breed. It also does not check things that could cuase attacks... for example taking away food or a dog in heat.
If anything I would say pit owners( atleast the better ones) are more likly to have thier dogs tested, to "prove" that thier dog is not aggresive. That is not a good sample of test subjects to make a determination. The number of dogs tested compared to the number of dogs in the total, its a drop in the bucket.

RiverDave
03-04-2007, 07:03 PM
RD the ATTS is a FOR PROFIT company... you have to pay to get your dog tested... and if it fails, it can be tested again in 5 months. its by no way a good judge of temperment of a breed. It also does not check things that could cuase attacks... for example taking away food or a dog in heat.
If anything I would say pit owners( atleast the better ones) are more likly to have thier dogs tested, to "prove" that thier dog is not aggresive. That is not a good sample of test subjects to make a determination. The number of dogs tested compared to the number of dogs in the total, its a drop in the bucket.
Tested over 1000 dogs that would fall under the category "Pitbull" compared to the rest of the #'s tested by them I'd say they pretty much are the bucket, and the bucket passed.
Incidentally, dog attacks are set off by a variety of things.. Food deprivation? Dog in Heat? What about a dog being spooked, or a dog in unsure circumstances? gunshots, umbrellas randomly opening to scare the dog. People approaching in friendly, moderate & threatening manners etc.
Ever try to catch a stray dog on the 4th of July? You'll get bit. I don't think you could find a BETTER test to put a dog through to see if it'll become people aggressive or not in an unusual circumstance.
In any event this argument has gone on for days, and it's pretty obvious being that I've owned them for years with no problems your not going to change my opinion on it. You have little first hand experience with the breed and aren't willing to give them a chance so your opinion isn't going to change on them as well. Just going in circles and honestly I'm tired of arguing about it.
In my opinion (after owning 2 of them) you would be hard pressed to find a more loyal, family companion then a pitbull. In your opinion after having no personal experience with them they are a threat.
RD

Desert Rat
03-04-2007, 07:13 PM
Looks like something from the game DOOM!!!!!:sqeyes:

Tom Brown
03-04-2007, 07:19 PM
That dog is bad ass, for sure. :D

Tom Brown
03-04-2007, 07:26 PM
For those of you who aren't convinced, here is a pic of a pit bull mauling a child.
http://neatorama.cachefly.net/images/2007-02/dog-hugs-baby.jpg

boatsnblondes
03-04-2007, 08:48 PM
The reality of the situation is this. Right now everyone is circling thier wagons around the poor helpless pitts.....gag.....these poor helpless dogs are just being picked on by us humans because we got nothing better to do. Wah wah focking wah, cry me a focking river you focking asswipes. You want a pit around the kids? Great, keep one. Buy two, hell, make it a threesome. Do whatever the fock you want RD, <btw, now I know why everyone says RD SUX!> you wanna stick up for them, do it all day, bro. Enjoy. It may be true, pitts don't bite any more than other breeds, thats comforting huh??? BUT, and here's the catch, they ARE responsible for the majority of mauling deaths in the US. SO, if we use that formula, as an excuse to let them around your kids RD, it's true they won't bite your kids anymore or less than say, my dumbass yellow lab sleeping here next to me, BUT, odds are that if they do bite your kids, they won't stop till your kids are dead and then some. SO, just so I don't have to say it later dumbazz, I TOLD YOU SO. Sick of all of your stats and BS on here dude, the dogs are sick in the focking head, get over it. And keep them away from me and mine, "sweet" or not, I shoot to kill.

beaverretriever
03-04-2007, 09:18 PM
HOLY SMOKES. When I posted this thread, I had no idea it would get so heated....LOL :D

BRSTQUEST
03-04-2007, 10:46 PM
I know iam not going to get anyone who owns a pit to change their mind about the quality of the breed, but lets all remember we are at the top of the food chain. The reason we are at the top is due to the fact our brain allows us to reason and rationalize our actions. We do not act soley on instinct as do dogs. Alot of poor dog owners have ruined it for some well trained, well thinking owners, but these dogs are more dangerous than others. Pits attack more than any other breed, regardless if its poor owners or not they attack more. If I could tell the difference between a good pit and a bad pit all would be good, but I can't and if another charges at me its going to get shot just like the other two.......And show me a car which has been damaged in such away as the honda from a lap dog, ain't going to happen

RiverDave
03-05-2007, 12:35 AM
The reality of the situation is this. Right now everyone is circling thier wagons around the poor helpless pitts.....gag.....these poor helpless dogs are just being picked on by us humans because we got nothing better to do. Wah wah focking wah, cry me a focking river you focking asswipes. You want a pit around the kids? Great, keep one. Buy two, hell, make it a threesome. Do whatever the fock you want RD, <btw, now I know why everyone says RD SUX!> you wanna stick up for them, do it all day, bro. Enjoy. It may be true, pitts don't bite any more than other breeds, thats comforting huh??? BUT, and here's the catch, they ARE responsible for the majority of mauling deaths in the US. SO, if we use that formula, as an excuse to let them around your kids RD, it's true they won't bite your kids anymore or less than say, my dumbass yellow lab sleeping here next to me, BUT, odds are that if they do bite your kids, they won't stop till your kids are dead and then some. SO, just so I don't have to say it later dumbazz, I TOLD YOU SO. Sick of all of your stats and BS on here dude, the dogs are sick in the focking head, get over it. And keep them away from me and mine, "sweet" or not, I shoot to kill.
Your a sick fock. Honestly I feel kinda sad for you. I know it's not gonna matter what I say on here, but really bro you should look into some councelling and some anger management classes.
RD

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
03-05-2007, 06:41 AM
Its all good bro. I have had agressives pits for 12 years and my neighbors are cool peeps. My dogs dont bark all night nor do they roam the hood. They stay contained.
Now cats are aminals I dont care too much for. We have several roaming around here and they come in my doggy door. I sure wish the owner would keep them inside:mad: Sooner or later my dogs are going to get them. I dont wish anything like that but they are playing with fire............

photo chick
03-05-2007, 07:07 AM
You're first few sentences make it sound as though you're jealous of the attention pits get.
That being said....I must add to your erroneous stats...The #1 killer of children is PARENTS and their negligence!! Should we then kill them all or maybe we can ban people having children based on this?
The dogs are focked in the head?? Seems you'd get along well with them!:2purples:

boatsnblondes
03-05-2007, 08:38 AM
Your a sick fock. Honestly I feel kinda sad for you. I know it's not gonna matter what I say on here, but really bro you should look into some councelling and some anger management classes.
RD
Don't feel sorry for me dude, I own two Yellow labs...four legged pillows...love them to death....I just don't stack the odds like you do...why take the chance?? Really?? You feel cool walking down in Newport with a Pitt? Do you walk them on Sundays in Fashion Island with everyone feeling all gangsta like? Maybe it's to keep back all them juicy Milfs??? God knows you wouldn't want one of THEM to get near you....in Newport, what are you really trying to protect?

boatsnblondes
03-05-2007, 08:42 AM
You're first few sentences make it sound as though you're jealous of the attention pits get.
That being said....I must add to your erroneous stats...The #1 killer of children is PARENTS and their negligence!! Should we then kill them all or maybe we can ban people having children based on this?
The dogs are focked in the head?? Seems you'd get along well with them!:2purples:
How did you get there?? We were talking about dogs..and no one said anything about the number one killer of kids...since when do human parents MAUL their kids?? Sheesh...you need to read more slowly....hey, it all boils down to this...a few more tragic instances of these dogs tearing up kids, and they wil be rounded up and destroyed......as far as I'm concerned, why wait???

boatsnblondes
03-05-2007, 09:05 AM
Honestly Dave, why are you so angry at not only me, but all those who expressed dislike for the breed?? You spent nearly all of page four pulling up useless info on the dogs in a lame attempt to stick up for them. Why the trouble? Your not going to change anyones mind any more than we are going to change yours. The subject is just far too polarizing. So lets just agree to disagree, and next time I'm down in Newport visiting my folks, I'll buy you a beer somewhere? Lets just both chill..and by the way, pitts are not my favorite thing to run over with a train...that honor goes to a two way tie...between coyotes and possums...with the edge going to possums..:D
Have a good one today dude....:D

photo chick
03-05-2007, 09:27 AM
The above highlighted writing by YOU is how I got there honey.....maybe you should use the keyboard more slowly!!!

Jbb
03-05-2007, 09:30 AM
The above highlighted writing by YOU is how I got there honey.....maybe you should use the keyboard more slowly!!!
Look at PC....gettin all....hard ass.....and shit....:p

photo chick
03-05-2007, 10:26 AM
Look at PC....gettin all....hard ass.....and shit....:p
No Jbb....You know me....I'm all sweetness!:D

Jbb
03-05-2007, 10:28 AM
No Jbb....You know me....I'm all sweetness!:D
hmmmmm

RiverDave
03-05-2007, 11:17 AM
Honestly Dave, why are you so angry at not only me, but all those who expressed dislike for the breed?? You spent nearly all of page four pulling up useless info on the dogs in a lame attempt to stick up for them. Why the trouble? Your not going to change anyones mind any more than we are going to change yours. The subject is just far too polarizing. So lets just agree to disagree, and next time I'm down in Newport visiting my folks, I'll buy you a beer somewhere? Lets just both chill..and by the way, pitts are not my favorite thing to run over with a train...that honor goes to a two way tie...between coyotes and possums...with the edge going to possums..:D
Have a good one today dude....:D
Easy there turbo.. Angry? Who said I was angry? I believe your the one talking about "shoot to kill" "happy to kill a pit" "best sounding thud" etc.. I said you should seek some councelling and anger management. Guys like you are the problem with pits, not the dogs. Some typical Type A with something to prove gets ahold of one and it isn't too long before "Like owner, like dog." You don't know me or my dog yet your already making threats about killing? The problem is even if I put it to the hooked on phonics level your never going to see the irony in this situation.
As far as that beer, well lets not and say we did. I've honestly got better shit to do with my time then hang out with guys that "shoot to kill." Turns out they don't do much at bars but get ya in fights (usually ones that are impossible to win) or get ya thrown in jail. I know quite a few of "you" and I got done with that shit by the time I turned 21. Type A's really don't do much excite me much as far as personallity goes.
I will say though I don't much appreciate your threats on the internet, especially not when it comes to my dog. They are what they are though, typical type A on a keyboard.
I have a good dog, a gentle dog, a dog with personallity, a member of the family. My dog is like my child to me, and you seem to not even blink an eye at threatening my dogs life. You bro are the one with the problems.. Not my dog. That became evident the instance you opened your mouth and inserted the keyboard. I don't need to threaten on the internet, just about everybody on this board knows exactly what would happen if you showed anything but kindness to my dog so I'll leave it at that. Take your tough guy shit and head on down the tracks.
RD

Big H
03-05-2007, 11:23 AM
I'm married and we have an 11 year old daughter. My mom and my mother in law both went ballistic when we told them we were getting a pit bull from a friend's litter. Went through all the usual media fed hype with them and as of next month my dog will be 4 years old. Had her since she was old enough to come home...in my daughter's hands. You can't really predict their behavior, sure, and it takes a responsible pet owner to ensure the safety of your guests and other animals in the neighborhood. I have a great family dog as the breed is known for and the dog sleeps with my daughter and lets me know if something is going on outside which is exactly what I want. As for her being dangerous to my family's health, it's possible, but if I wanted to I could hand my daughter a hammer and let her bash that dog to death and that dog wouldn't move an inch towards her. I am far more dangerous to your well being that dog is...I got a good pit bull for sure and I wouldn't trade her for any other breed in the world. My .02 cents is done.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
03-05-2007, 11:24 AM
I had a Pit once and she ate the neighbors dog. Oh well I sure miss her. She sure liked people but hated other dogs. I would never get one again. I think they are posessed.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1721CIMG0759.JPG
These are my new sweetie ones. The one in the middle is the only mean one I own!:D

Jbb
03-05-2007, 11:26 AM
The problem is even if I put it to the hooked on phonics level your never going to see the irony in this situation.
RD
lol....
RD SUX!....

superdave013
03-05-2007, 12:01 PM
If I was the dog.. I would have been pissed too if you locked me in a garage:)
looks like it was not his dogs and the car was parked out in front of his house.
http://www.s2katlanta.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6650

FREIND OF AA AND TA
03-05-2007, 12:05 PM
looks like it was not his dogs and the car was parked out in front of his house.
http://www.s2katlanta.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6650
I can't freekin believe these cars have their own forums!!! Wow!

superdave013
03-05-2007, 01:15 PM
RD, you dog is as much Pit Bull as mine are German Shepards and Huskys.
We both have great dogs and I can see some pit in Neva. You can see total husky in Bandit and German Shepard in my Kona girl. But at the end of the day they are just some great mutts. Mutts are the best dogs anyway. :D
All that matters is when you buy your first house what the insurance guy calls her when he takes a picture of her. AAA did not like pits or those little terriers but had no problem with my hounds.
Now I have a great Pit Bull story for ya all. I had a roomate years ago with the Big little mans complex. You know, the 5'3" dude that's a total gym rat. Anyway he also had a HUGE male pit. Was a great dog for sure. But that dog was king stud billy bad ass and the dog knew it. Still was a cool dog.
Anyway we were at Havasu Landing on a holiday weekend. Some biker dude get his lawn chair all set up out in the lake with his cooler next too it and a little shade umbrella. Slick set up if I must say so. Anyway this dog walks, oppps, I mean struts on over there and sniffs this guy kicking it in the chair. Then up goes a rear leg and billy bad ass dog pisses all over this big bad biker guy. I tell you it was so f'in funny we all were just dying. Well the dogs owner was a little tense but the rest of us were lovin it. lol So this guy comes running over mad as a hornet. "Who's god damm dog is this???" Boy was he pissed! lol
So my roomate steps up (all 5'3" of him) and says "that's my dog, go ahead and hit him a few times if ya want" :D Biker guy didn't hit him.

RiverDave
03-05-2007, 01:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?search=&mode=related&v=94wJKnKFhUI
RD

boatsnblondes
03-05-2007, 08:37 PM
No, you nead to go back and reread..I said the majority of MAULING DEATHS...where in the WORLD do you come up with parents?? And don't call me honey...

topless
03-05-2007, 08:45 PM
No, you nead to go back and reread..I said the majority of MAULING DEATHS...where in the WORLD do you come up with parents?? And don't call me honey...She called you honey because you are all sticky and need to be washed off.

boatsnblondes
03-05-2007, 09:23 PM
Easy there turbo.. Angry? Who said I was angry? I believe your the one talking about "shoot to kill" "happy to kill a pit" "best sounding thud" etc.. I said you should seek some councelling and anger management. Guys like you are the problem with pits, not the dogs. Some typical Type A with something to prove gets ahold of one and it isn't too long before "Like owner, like dog." You don't know me or my dog yet your already making threats about killing? The problem is even if I put it to the hooked on phonics level your never going to see the irony in this situation.
As far as that beer, well lets not and say we did. I've honestly got better shit to do with my time then hang out with guys that "shoot to kill." Turns out they don't do much at bars but get ya in fights (usually ones that are impossible to win) or get ya thrown in jail. I know quite a few of "you" and I got done with that shit by the time I turned 21. Type A's really don't do much excite me much as far as personallity goes.
I will say though I don't much appreciate your threats on the internet, especially not when it comes to my dog. They are what they are though, typical type A on a keyboard.
I have a good dog, a gentle dog, a dog with personallity, a member of the family. My dog is like my child to me, and you seem to not even blink an eye at threatening my dogs life. You bro are the one with the problems.. Not my dog. That became evident the instance you opened your mouth and inserted the keyboard. I don't need to threaten on the internet, just about everybody on this board knows exactly what would happen if you showed anything but kindness to my dog so I'll leave it at that. Take your tough guy shit and head on down the tracks.
RD
It was a TOKEN gesture there Sherlock. (AS in "No shit") I no more want to have a beer with you than with the released inmates that get on board the train every day, though considering, they might be better company. Like I said, keep your dog, I don't care. And of course you went way out into left field with the comment about YOUR dog, it was a generic statement, meaning I would kill all pits that get near the house, not just yours. So would most on this board. The fact that you get all defensive about your dog shows you are the one with the issues, not me. Too many people go out of thier way to avoid you and your "family member?" I'm not the one who spent the better part of a day trying to convince a bunch of people who weren't listening that you have a great dog....wikopedia?? Are you kidding me?
I have no anger issues, but I do hate blatant stupidity, and yours is fairly obvious. Good dog, family member, whatever the fock it is, it has a higher tendancy to shread your family that ANY OTHER DOG.
Don't believe me stupid? Heres a nice link to blow the wind out of your sails.....
http://www.fataldogattacks.com/statistics.html
21% of all fatalities are pitts. PITTS. OF those fatalities, 79% were kids, dude, not all by pitts, but I would wager the VAST majority. Boys 1-12 are 2.5 % more likely to get bit.
There are more stats available, that state pits have a chemical imabalance that keeps them from feeling pain. Which explaines video after video of beating the shit out of them to get them to release, with little or no effect.
Pitts don't bite as hard as an Akita, say, but there is a difference, when they bite, THEY DON'T LET GO. Resulting in horrible injuries, much moreso than most dogs. Want me to post a pic of a woman who got her face torn off by a pit?
I could go on and on about your "family member" ...to keep things at the hooked on phonics level, you still don't get it. So do me a favor, get out a gun, give it a name, fido or something, and put it in the same spot your "family member" lies in. Theres no difference dude. Your just playing the odds, thats all.
Stupid is as stupid does bro. It ain't tough guy shit, it's reality. One thing, I sincerely hope the choices you have made about the animal, don't come back and bite you in the ass.

boatsnblondes
03-05-2007, 10:12 PM
But wait, theres more!!!
Of the 279 dog-attack fatalities in the USA between 1979 and 1996, dogs identified as "pit bulls" were responsible for 60 attacks—just over a fourth; followed by Rottweilers, responsible for 29 attacks (statistics from the CDC).
Australians aren't crazy about them either....
According to The Age, American pit bull terriers have been responsible for four of the seven dog attacks in which Australians have died between 1991 and 2002. The Endangered Dog Breeds Association of Australia denies these figures, claiming that these dogs were mutts and that registered, purebred American pit bull terriers have caused no known fatalities in Australia. Most Australian state governments have introduced new legislation specific to pit bulls, requiring pit bull owners to muzzle and leash their dogs at all times when in public. Unlike American legislation, these breed specific laws do not include the American Staffordshire Terrier or Staffordshire Bull Terrier.
And lastly, I could go on, but I gotta get some rest....
The Pit bull, friend or killer? Is the Pit bull a fine animal, as its admirers claim, or is it a vicious dog, unfit for society?
7-27-1987. Sports Illustrated.
America has a four-legged problem called the American pit bull terrier. And the pit bull, its ''ridiculously amiable disposition' ' notwithstanding, has a two-legged problem called Man. These two species are not new to each other. They have intermingled for some 200 years, and some say their common history goes back as far as the Romans. But something has happened to the pit bull in the last decade that says as much about the nature of American society as it does about the nature of this aggressive animal. Far from being an aberration, the American pit bull terrier has become a reflection of ourselves that no one cares very much to see. ''They're athletes. They're wrestlers. They're dead game,'' says Captain Arthur Haggerty, a dog breeder and trainer in New York City who owns five pit bull terriers and has trained hundreds of others. ''They will literally fight till they're dead. If you found that quality in a boxer or a football player, you'd say it was admirable. Will to win. That's what a pit bull has.'' Others call it a ''will to kill.''
At least 35 communities nationwide have considered banning the breed from within their city limits, and while such ordinances have run into constitutional problems stemming from the difficulty in defining exactly what a pit bull terrier is, their number is growing weekly. The horror stories involving pit bulls are voluminous. Recent tragedies include the death of two-year-old James Soto, who was mauled in Morgan Hill, Calif., on June 13 by a neighbor's pit bull. The attack rendered the child ''unrecognizable as a human being,'' according to paramedics. Nine days later a national television audience watching the evening news was treated to the terrifying spectacle of a pit bull terrier attacking Los Angeles animal control officer Florence Crowell. The 33-year-old woman survived but spent five days in the hospital. On April 6, a retired surgeon, 67-year-old William Eckman, was killed by two pit bulls on a street in Dayton, Ohio. On that same day, 16-month-old Melissa Larabee of Jones, Okla., was killed by the family's pet pit bull, who bit her in the throat. In June 1986, 20-month-old Kyle Corullo was attacked by a pit bull in Ramsay, Mich., while playing in his grandmother's backyard. The dog, fighting off the child's mother, dragged the boy into a nearby lot and shook him to death ''like a stuffed animal.''
In the last 18 months, 12 of the 18 confirmed dog-related fatalities in the U.S. -- or 67% -- have been caused by the pit bull terrier, a breed that accounts for only 1% of the U.S. dog population. And the maimings are far more numerous. Often it is small children who are the victims of unprovoked attacks. There is no definitive source for animal attack statistics, but pit bull fanciers claim that statistics show other breeds of dog bite more frequently -- German shepherds lead the list -- and accuse the media of publicizing only pit bull maulings.
DOG BITES MAN isn't news, they say, but PIT BULL BITES MAN is. Unfortunately the pit bull, when it attacks, doesn't merely bite man -- or, most horribly, child -- it clamps its powerful jaws down and literally tears its victim apart. ''The injuries these dogs inflict are more serious than other breeds because they go for the deep musculature and don't release; they hold and shake,'' says Sheryl Blair of the Tufts Veterinary School, in North Grafton, Mass., which last year held a symposium entitled Animal Agression: Dog Bites and the Pit Bull Terrier. ''Most breeds do not multiple-bite,'' says Kurt Lapham, a field investigator for the West Coast Regional office of the Humane Society. ''A pit bull attack is like a shark attack: He keeps coming back.'' ''A pit bull,'' says Judge Victor E. Bianchini of San Diego, '' is the closest thing to a wild animal there is in a domesticated dog."
A fair assessment of a growing problem? Or a bad rap against an animal which has suffered far more at the hands of man than it can possibly repay? It has been estimated that there are half a million pit bull terriers alive in the United States today. What about the 99% who have never bitten a human being? Are these dogs ''loaded hand guns,'' as many have called them? ''There's something a little scary about wondering, Is there a time bomb ticking in my dog?'' says Dr. Franklin Loew, dean of Tufts Veterinary School, who opposes efforts to legislate against pit bull terriers and believes the breed is the victim of ''canine racism.'' Loew adds, ''The pit bull does seem to respond more than other dogs to people trying to bring out aggressiveness. But everything I know professionally tells me that this is not a dog problem, but a problem of dog ownership.
''What exactly is a pit bull? Defining it has proved to be a formidable legal hurdle because the pit bull is not a specific breed. Rather, it is a kind of dog, a generic catchall like hound or retriever. The breeds most commonly referred to as pit bulls are the American Staffordshire terrier, which is the term used by the American Kennel Club, and the American pit bull terrier, the term used by the United Kennel Club. The men who match pit bulls in fight today do not bother with such formalities; they refer to their animals as bulldogs -- a nickname which should not confuse pit bulls with the pug-faced and bowlegged English bulldog, a distant relative, or the bull terrier, another relation whose bloodline was softened long ago by crossbreeding with the English Terrier. Pit bulls come in almost any color; their ears may be cropped or uncropped; their noses either red or black; and their height and weight merely proportionate-- with the weight parameters ranging from under 20 pounds to upwards of 100. Their muzzles are wedge like, their jaws powerful and their heads blocky. A pit bull's coat will be short and glossy, shimmering over a compact frame tightly bound in muscle.
All the dogs referred to as pit bulls are thought to trace their ancestry back to the bull-and-terrier, which was developed in England in the early 19th century. The bull-and-terrier was a cross between the early bull-dog -- the name comes from the fact that it was used in bull-baiting -- and a game terrier of some kind, either English, or fox, or black-and-tan. The bull-and- terrier dog was also used for bull-baiting, and was sometimes referred to as a butcher's dog. When a butcher wanted to slaughter one of his cattle, he would sic his bull-and-terrier on the unlucky bovine, and the game little dog would latch onto the bigger animal's nose, and the butcher, hammer in hand, would move in swiftly and bludgeon the cow on the head. At some point, no one is sure exactly when, gentlemen sportsmen began matching bull-and-terrier dogs against each other. One of the more popular establishments in London used for such purposes was the Westminster Pit, an enclosure that could hold about 300 spectators. Admission was charged at the door (two shillings in 1816), odds would be established, wagers were made and purses put up. It was all very civilized. Sometimes, after the dogs had finished chewing up one another, a fight between bears would follow. In 1835, the English parliament outlawed the whole bloody business -- bearbaiting, bull-baiting and dogfighting. All the law served to do was to drive dogfighting underground. The coal miners in Staffordshire were said to be particularly avid followers of the clandestine ''sport.'' Now, more than 150 years later, in an age of computers and biogenetics, the blood of those miners courses throughthe veins of citizens in these 50 states, and the blood of the bull-and-terrier dog's descendants continues to be splattered against the sides of pits.
According to The Complete Dog Book, the official AKC publication, the pit bull first came to America around 1870. Some pit bull breeders date their arrival much earlier. Byron Fortenberry of Akron, Ohio, a breeder and author on canine subjects, claims that of the two dogs that came over on the Mayflower, one was a spaniel and one was''a small mastiff.'' Says Fortenberry, ''A bulldog was called a small mastiff in 1620. No way you can prove it was or it wasn't a pit bull, but more than likely that's what became our breed.''
Fortenberry does not explain how this particular small mastiff was able to reproduce itself -- perish the thought that it was bred to the lowly spaniel -- but one of the traits one discovers in talking with breeders of American pit bull terriers is that they consider the dog capable of almost anything, including virgin birth. At any rate, the breed was well established in America by the 20th century. In 1898 the United Kennel Club began registering American pit bull terriers under the auspices of C.Z. Bennett, who drew up breed standards and wrote a set of rules governing dogfighting. In 1909 the American Dog Breeders Association, which at that time was determined to distance itself from dogfighting, set up its own registry. These were the salad days of the pit bull terrier. The dog was the envy of the canine world. Buster Brown's floppy-eared pal in the popular comic strip of that era was his pit bull, Tige. Theodore Roosevelt had a pit bull in the White House. And a pit bull named Stubby, used in World War I to deliver messages between battalions, assisted in the capture of a German spy and was decorated for bravery by General John (Black Jack) Pershing. The pit bull was America's dog and was depicted as such in 1914 by artist Wallace Robinson, who created a poster in which an English bulldog, a German dachshund, an American bull terrier, a French bulldog and a Russian wolfhound were dressed in the military uniforms of each dog's country. The caption on the poster was a remark by the pit bull, who appeared in the middle, slightly larger than the rest: ''I'm neutral, BUT -- Not Afraid of any of them.'' Later, the most famous pit bull of them all burst on the American scene, a star who was, ironically it now seems, surrounded by a cast of children. That was the Our Gang canine pal, Pete, a predominatel white pit bull with a distinctive black circle -- almost certainly the work of a make-up artist -- around its left eye. Pete is celluloid proof that there was a time when the pit bull terrier had ''a ridiculously amiable disposition.''
In 1935 the American Kennel Club finally decided to recognize the American pit bull terrier as a breed. The club, however, could not bring itself to call the animal by that name. The AKC wanted its own name for this courageous, personable dog, and it wanted a name that did not include the word pit. The AKC settled upon the Staffordshire terrier because so many of the dogs had come from that area of England. In the summer of 1936 the first Staffordshire terrier was registered by the AKC. Pit bull lore has it that Pete was the first Staffordshire. It's a swell story, but not true. Pete was among the first, but the honor actually goes to a dog named Wheeler's Black Dinah. ''It was exactly the same dog as our American pit bull terrier, '' says Andy Johnson of the rival UKC, which currently registers between 25,000 and 30,000 American pit bull terriers annually. ''They even opened their registry to our dogs. The AKC just didn't want anything in their name that would remind people of the fighting history of the pit bull. It was like a family denying that it had horse thieves in its past. ''Perhaps. But most pit bull fanciers believe that in the 52 years since the Staffordshire terrier -- renamed the American Staffordshire terrier in 1972 -- was recognized by the AKC, it has become a dog significantly different from the UKC's American pit bull terrier. Not in looks -- which are nearly identical -- but in temperament. Why? Because over the years the Staffordshire has been bred to show, rather than to fight. In one of his books, pit bull expert and breeder Richard Stratton addressed this subject in his glossary of pit bull terms: ''American Staffordshire terrier. . . . The show counterpart of the APBT. Except for some game strains that are dual-registered, these dogs could not be expected to be as game as the APBT or to have the same ability.
''The ability Stratton is talking about is the ability to fight. The gameness he describes is the willingness of the animal to fight to its own death. American Staffordshire terriers have not been valued as fighting dogs for at least half a century. ''A true Staffordshire terrier is not a fighting dog, even though it came from a fighting dog,'' says the Humane Society's Lapham. Is it just coincidence, then, that none of the killings of people in the past two years have been attributed to registered American Staffordshire terriers? Probably not. ''The American Staffordshire terrier's chief requisites should be strength unusual for its size, soundness, balance, a strong, powerful head, a well- muscled body, and courage that is proverbial,'' reads The Complete Dog Book. ''As to character, they exceed being dead game; nevertheless, they should not be held in ill repute merely because man has been taking advantage of this rare courage to use them in the pit as gambling tools. These dogs are docile, and with a little training are even tractable around other dogs.'' Ginny Bazelak of Chepachet, R.I., president of the American Pit Bull Terrier Club of New England, feels the same way about the dogs that she has bred. ''They say pit bulls have natural aggressiveness,'' she says. ''I don't believe it. People who are breeding for aggressiveness will get it. For the last 12 years I haven't been, and these dogs aren't. My dogs are babies. They'll lick you to death. The people who fight dogs tell me I'm ruining the breed. They say my dogs are wimps.'' Sadly it is the responsible owners and breeders who are suffering the most from the recent wave of pit bull hysteria. ''You feel like a criminal walking your dog,'' says Bazelak. ''You're constantly approached by someone who says, 'That's a vicious dog,' as if it's a wild animal. I've stopped breeding mine. I don't want to add to the population right now. I'm disgusted with the American people who believe the problem's with the dog and not with the people raising the dog.
''But the hysteria, or concern, is understandable. To the untrained eye -- or even to the trained one, in many instances -- it is virtually impossible to tell a docile pit bull from a mean one. None of them looks like a wimp, and a friendly pit bull jumping up to lick you to death has an eerie resemblance to a pit bull jumping up to rip out your throat. Your best bet is to pass a fast judgment on its owner. Pit bulls do not usually growl before attacking; they seldom bark. The hair on their backs does not stand on end when they are enraged. These are not dogs given to threatening displays. The pit bull, when so trained, is all business, which has made it the dog of choice for drug dealers and street punks around the country. ''People whose insecurities are such that they need macho reinforcement feel a need for this type of animal,'' says Loew of Tufts, ''and they are available because of the overflow from illegal dogfights.'' ''I just saw a surprising statistic from a Los Angeles study, ''Steve Blackwood, a sergeant in the San Diego Sheriff's Department, said recently. ''In two out of three narcotics raids, pit bulls were used as the guard dogs.'' San Diego investigators also were told that local members of motorcycle gangs were stashing their drugs beneath the doghouses of their pit bulls. ''Street dope dealers and street gangs have gone to pit bulls,'' says Budd Johnson, an inspector for the U.S. Marshals Service who is based in San Diego. Law enforcement officials are seeing the same thing all over the country, and the pit bull populations in urban areas have mushroomed as a result. There have also been instances when pit bulls were used in armed robberies, in effect taking the place of a weapon, and one case in which a 16-year-old girl was raped by a man who allegedly threatened her with his two pit bulls. ''You've got a bunch of kooks out there who are getting these dogs and making them mean and registering them,'' says Andy Johnson of the UKC. ''Every time somebody writes how mean these dogs are, the demand for them jumps up. You can make any dog mean if you work at it.'' Now, and historically, at the core of the breed's problems is dogfighting. This loathsome ''sport'' is, by most accounts, more widespread than ever in the U.S. At the same time it is even less humane, having passed from the hands of the old-time ''gentlemen'' breeders into the mitts of the borderline sadists. Once primarily a rural dementia, dogfighting has become a city problem as well, the outgrowth of the popularity of pit bulls.
It matters little that dogfighting is illegal in every state, and a felony-level crime in 36 states. ''You can virtually find a convention (as dogfights are called in the jargon of the sport) on any weekend in any of the 50 states,'' says Eric Sakach of the West Coast Regional office of the Humane Society in Sacramento. There are probably more matches taking place today than ever before because of the popularity of the breed,'' says Stratton, whose books on pit bull terriers include such chapters of general interest as: ''Dimensions of the Dog Pit'' and ''Fluid Therapy for Treating Hypo-Volemic Shock.'' ''Dogfighting is the greatest perversion of the special relationship that exists between people and dogs,'' says Randall Lockwood of the Humane Society. ''It is people subjecting dogs to incredible cruelty. And now that has turned into dogs killing people.'' Dogfighters vehemently dispute this, and with a straight face one writer compared pitting a bulldog with taking a greyhound out on a run. When, as a youth, Stratton asked Mrs. William J. Lightner, thewife of a legendary pit bull breeder, if dog fighting was cruel, he recalls that she responded, ''It was cruel all right, but not to the dogs, for fighting was the very breath of life to them because of their breeding. But it was cruel to the people because it was hard not to get especially attached to your best dog, the very one likely to be matched, and sometimes they were lost.'' The dog, in the warped perspective of the dogfighting zealot, dies happy, fulfilled, like an Iranian soldier. Next stop, puppy heaven. As one pitman bragged to Benno Kroll, who wrote a superb account of dogfighting in the November 1979 issue of Geo: ''My dogs die with their tails up and wagging.'' Perhaps. They also die with their legs broken, their ears mangled and their flesh torn. ''We've seen them, with both front legs broken, push themselves across the ring to fight,'' says Blackwood, the San Diego sheriff. Many times the dogs die hours after the fight of hypovolemic shock -- dehydration -- since the prevailing wisdom says to dehydrate your animal before fighting him to cut down on his potential loss of blood. And sometimes a dog dies minutes after the fight from a bullet to the brain, if the dog happens to ''cur out'' -- refuse to engagein battle.
Of course they don't all die. Pit bulls are incredibly hardy animals that, some folks would have you believe, are impervious to pain. The majority of the pit bulls recover from their fights, which routinely last more than an hour and sometimes as long as three hours, and live to fight again. Before each match, the handlers wash their opponent's pit bull, a tradition which started after some ''gentleman sportsman'' discovered that by putting poison on his own dog's coat, he could paralyze his adversary's animal. When the fight begins, the two dogs share the 16-foot-square pit with two handlers and a referee. It's close quarters in there, no place for a man-eating dog. And the bloodthirsty spectators, with fistfuls of cash, are separated from the participants by only a 30-inch-high wall. ''In the old days the fighting dogs were people-gentle,'' says Lockwood. ''But that's not true any longer. It's not unheard of now for dogs to come out of the pit and attack spectators. Some of our investigators have seen it.'' It has become a new game. It's commonplace these days for a dogfighting raid to turn up a veritable storeroom of illegal weapons and illegal drugs. ''People who think they are dogfighters are into it now, but they have no concept what it's about,'' says one pit bull breeder from Ohio. ''True dogfighters had a lot of money tied up in their dogs, and they didn't want to lose them. Today these clowns steal somebody's pet and put him in the pit without training him. Then they watch while the dog gets torn up. At best, they're sadistic.'' Training a fighting pit bull terrier is something the Marquis de Sade certainly would have appreciated. Treadmills are the most commonly used apparatuses, and sometimes a kitten or a chicken is hung in a mesh basket at the top of the treadmill to hold the dog' s attention. At the end of the hours- long workout, guess what the reward is? To increase the dog's biting power, trainers will hang tires from tree limbs, bidding their pit bulls to leap up and latch on, sometimes making them hang there for 15 to 20 minutes. Those are the sophisticated methods. ''In Toledo we arrested a guy who was paying kids to collect cats for him,'' relates Lapham of the Humane Society. ''He'd throw them into the basement where he kept his pit bull, to let him taste blood. ''
Steven Creighton, a sergeant with the San Diego police department, recounts the gruesome tale of the arrest on Dec. 4, 1986, of 18-year-old James Madison. ''We got a call that a guy put a noose around a live cat's neck and threw it over a branch so that it hung about eight feet off the ground,'' says Creighton. ''Then the guy let a pit bull loose who attacked the cat while ((a group of neighborhood children)) watched in horror. He would let the pit chomp on the cat for a while, and then he'd lift the cat up out of the pit's reach. The dog was going crazy.'' The cat eventually died. Madison, who has pleaded not guilty, will go on trial next month for felony cruelty to animals and raising a dog for fighting. 'It's ridiculous,'' says Stratton. ''The taste of blood doesn't make a pit bull a better fighter. But people write that kind of stuff about people who train pit bulls, and these kids read it and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.'' And in some instances, it is literally the kids who get involved. Last year in Philadelphia five boys between the ages of 11 and 14 were arrested and charged with participation in a dogfighting ring in which the losing dogs were thrown out the window and hanged. All five were found guilty. ''They call it 'gambling the dog,' '' Sam McClain, a police officer with Philadelphia's 19th District, told reporters. In a follow-up article on Philadelphia street dog fighting, which appeared in the July 2 issue of Rolling Stone, writer Mike Sager described the training regimen of a pair of pit bull handlers, brothers aged 13 and 14: ''They'll starve him to make him mean, fatten him on twenty- five-cent-a-can dog food and leftover beans and rice, run him around the block behind their bicycles, feed him chicken blood, take him on a safari around the neighborhood looking for cats and strays, shoot him up with black- market penicillin and vitamin B12 to help heal his wounds, and rub him with used motor oil to make his fur grow back over his scars.'' Some feed their dogs hot sauce to make them mean, while others subscribe to a dosage of gunpowder. It is not clear whether these dogs, when they die, do so with their tails up and wagging.
Who has suffered more, then? The pit bull for his association with man? Or man for his association with the pit bull? It should be pointed out that pit bull terriers serve man in a number of legal and interesting ways. They are not just guard dogs and fighters. The stamina and courage of the pit bull make the breed unparalleled as a hunting dog for wild pigs, a popular quarry in parts of the South and Southwest. Some ranchers, particularly those who graze livestock in brushy country where it is difficult to rope, use pit bulls as catch dogs for cattle. They can also be trained to herd sheep -- pity the coyote that would bother a pit bull's flock. And, recreationally, pit bull owners have started to show enthusiasm for weight pulling. '' The pit bull's the hardest-pulling dog in the world,'' brags Ralph Greenwood of the American Dog Breeders Association. Last year in Seguin, Texas, a 78-pound pit bull named Bighead set a record by pulling 5,650 pounds over rails for a distance of 15 feet. Clearly, though, steps have to be taken if man and the pit bull terrier are to continue to coexist. ''Dogfighting needs to be prosecuted,'' says Blair of Tufts, ''And effective vicious-dog legislation needs to be enacted.'' There are a number of reasons why ''vicious dog'' legislation is preferable to ordinances that specifically target the pit bull terrier.
As has been noted, it is virtually impossible to define a pit bull in legal terms. There is also the nettlesome question of punishing innocent, responsible breeders of American Staffordshire terriers and American pit bull terriers for the abuses of irresponsible, often criminal, owners. And finally, the pit bull is not the only aggressive dog on the street. Rottweilers, Dobermans, German shepherds, akitas and chows are all breeds that can be aggressive and that are large enough to inflict severe damage on people and other animals. For that matter, any breed that is improperly raised or is allowed to run loose can become a menace. The population of this country is more than 240 million people, and ''Ninty-seven percent of Americans now live in cities, towns or villages,'' says Loew of Tufts. ''There are 50 million dogs in this country, more than at any time in our history. How are we going to live with them?'' ''We suggest a procedure by which a dog can be identified as 'dangerous' or 'vicious' that does not just take into consideration bites,'' says the Humane Society's Lockwood. ''A dog that assumes a threatening posture when unprovoked, that lunges at its fence when someone walks past, that chases kids -- that is a dangerous dog, even if it hasn't actually bitten anyone. The new thrust is to make owners responsible for their dogs before there's a problem.'' This much we have learned from the pit bull: The so-called ''one free bite'' concept of dog control is out to lunch.
This is the policy in effect in many communities where a dog is not considered to be a problem until it has bitten on two occasions. In the case of the pit bull terrier, that is usually two occasions too many. David Sholes, a Rhode Island state senator, proposed and drafted vicious-dog legislation for his state in 1985. It is now considered a prototype for others to follow. ''We had a tremendous explosion of pit bull attacks, you were reading about a new one practically every week,'' says Sholes. ''One child lost part of a buttock, another part of her face. A pit bull managed to get on a school bus and terrorize the children. It was apparent that the current law was not working.''
The new Rhode Island law provides a workable definition of a ''vicious dog'': One that has either committed an unprovoked attack on a person or animal, or that approaches a person in an apparent attitude of attack when unprovoked. That is the key word: unprovoked. Any dog that is unlicensed falls into the ''vicious'' category until it is licensed. Rhode Island's procedure for having a dog declared ''vicious'' is as follows: 1) the complainant calls the local animal control officer; 2) the officer investigates the complaint and holds a hearing to examine the circumstances; 3) he then declares whether the animal in question is ''vicious'' or not; 4) if the owner of the dog disagrees with his verdict, he may appeal to District Court. Should his appeal fail, the owner of the ''vicious'' dog must keep it in a secure enclosure, at least six feet in height, that is both childproof from the outside and dogproof from the inside. The dog is tattooed for identification. Furthermore, the dog owner must show that he has a $100,000 insurance policy for liability, and he is required to display a sign that can be read from the road: VICIOUS DOG ON PREMISES. The dog officer has the right to inspect the enclosure at any subsequent time and without need of a warrant, and has the right to seize and impound the dog if any of the specifications are not met to his satisfaction. If the dog bites again, the owner is fully liable, much as if he had been keeping a wild tiger in a cage. ''Most owners would rather turn in their dog than comply,'' says Sholes. So the net effect was to keep these vicious dogs off the street.
Of course the vast majority of problem pit bulls are unregistered and unlicensed. These are the animals that law enforcement officials must focus on, and quickly. Unlicensed dogs should be impounded. And anyone who knows of individuals who are keeping unlicensed dogs, or whose dogs are allowed to run loose, should be encouraged to report them to the proper authorities. ''We've got to make bad-dog behavior impersonal,'' says Loew. ''It should be like asking someone who is smoking in a no-smoking area to stop. No offense, but your dog is a problem.'' ''For a long time the judicial system has not taken dogfighting and dog- biting seriously,'' says Lapham. ''That laissez-faire attitude cannot persist. Dogfighting is not just aberrant behavior in a civilized society, it has become a lethal liability within that society. The best new ordinances and leash laws in the world will be worthless unless the courts deal with these people seriously. They have to send a message that says: You want to own these dogs, fine. But you'll pay the consequences if you screw up.'' It is a message that is already being sent. In February, Hayward Turnipseed of De Kalb County, Ga., was convicted of involuntary manslaughter and sentenced to five years in prison after three of his pit bulls attacked and killed four-year-old Billy Gordon as the child walked through a neighbor's yard. Michael Berry, 37, the California man who owned the dog who killed two- year-old James Soto, has pleaded not guilty to a charge of involuntary manslaughter. And Edlyn Joy Hauser, the woman whose dog, Benjamin, attacked animal control officer Crowell, has pleaded innocent to three felony counts of assault with a deadly weapon -- Benjamin -- and intentionally inflicting great bodily harm. As for the American pit bull terrier, it, too, has taken its lumps. In the three weeks following those two grisly June incidents in California, more than 300 pit bulls and pit bull crosses were turned in to the Los Angeles County Animal Care and Control Department, most of them by owners whono longer wanted the responsibility of keeping them, or who had simply become frightened of their own pet by the breed's reputation. The animals were all put to sleep. Overpopulation of the breed remains one of the chief concerns about pit bulls, especially in already crowded urban areas. Law enforcement officials, animal control officers, animal rights groups and legislators are just beginning to address that particular problem. And the American pit bull terrier's aberrant sidekick? They're going to be dealing with the human part of the puzzle for a long, long time.
These dogs are this way because WE made them this way..they have been bred and inbred for so long, that a credible breed standard is the equivalant of an educated guess. They have been, and continue to be, abused, tortured, neglected, tortured, murdered, and lastly, trusted.
The dog you have may be a nice dog RD, but inside, it's breeding still shapes it, something the articles alude to. It is, and was, bred to be a killer. Of other dogs, yes, but that isn't always the case. Thus my reasonings for not liking them. Say what you want, and there are plenty of articles out there talking about what great dogs they are, but underneath, lies a high factor of unpredictablity...notice the vast majority of maulings are children...as well as deaths from such. Enjoy your dog RD, really...

boatsnblondes
03-05-2007, 10:49 PM
One last one......but you need to read it.....look at the stats for pit bites, and then read to page seven in the conclusions......
Page 1 of 7
Dog attack deaths and maimings, U.S. & Canada
September 1982 to November 13, 2006
– Merritt Clifton --
Reports are logged as received, and the current log is printed out as
requested. Compiled by the editor of ANIMAL PEOPLE from press accounts
since 1982, this table covers only attacks by dogs of clearly identified
breed type or ancestry, as designated by animal control officers or others
with evident expertise, who have been kept as pets. Due to the exclusion
of dogs whose breed type may be uncertain, this is by no means a complete
list of fatal and otherwise serious dog attacks. Attacks by police dogs,
guard dogs, and dogs trained specifically to fight are also excluded.
"Attacks doing bodily harm" includes all fatalities, maimings, and other
injuries requiring extensive hospital treatment. "Maimings" includes
permanent disfigurement or loss of a limb. Where there is an asterisk (*),
please see footnotes. If there are more "attacks" than "victims," it means
that there were multiple dogs involved in some attacks. If the numbers of
"victims" does not equal the numbers of "deaths" and "maimings," it means
that some of the victims -- in attacks in which some people were killed or
maimed -- were not killed or maimed.
Breed Attacks doing Child Adult Deaths Maimings Notes
bodily harm victims victims
[dogs X victims] [--------Individuals---------]
Akita 48 32 14 1 39
Akita mix (inspecific) 1 1 0 0 1
Akita/Chow mix 3 3 0 0 3
Akita/Lab mix 1 1 0 0 1
Akita/terrier mix 2 1 0 0 1
Airedale/boxer 1 1 0 1 0 #
Airedale 1 1 0 1 0
Australian blue heeler 3 1 1 0 2
Australian cattle dog 1 1 0 0 1
Australian shepherd 6 4 0 0 1
Basset/GSD mix 1 1 0 1 0
Beagle 2 2 0 1 1 #
Belgian shepherd 4 1 3 0 1
Blue heeler 2 0 1 0 1
Border collie 1 0 1 1 1 #
Briard 2 0 1 1 0
Brittany spaniel 4 1 0 0 1
Bulldog (American 4 0 3 2 2
Bulldog (English) 16 8 3 1 9
Bull mastiff (Presa Canario) 30 10 13 6 16
Bull mastiff/German shepherd 2 1 0 1 0
Buff mastiff/Rottweiler 1 1 0 0 1
Boxer 31 6 12 2 12 #
Boxer mix 1 1 0 1 0
Cane Corso 4 1 2 1 3
Catahoula 3 0 1 0 1
Chow 49 34 12 6 32
Chow/husky mix 2 2 0 1 1
Chow/Labrador mix 4 4 0 0 3
Chox mix (other) 2 2 0 0 2
Cocker spaniel 1 1 0 0 1
Collie 3 3 0 0 3
Collie/retriever mix 1 1 0 0 1
Coonhound 1 1 0 0 0
Page 2 of 7
Dalmatian 3 3 0 0 3
Dalmatian/Akita mix 1 1 0 0 1
Dauschund 2 1 1 1 2 #
Doberman 11 7 4 3 7 #
Doge de Bordeaux 2 1 0 0 1
East Highland terrier 1 0 1 1 0 #
Fila Brasiero 1 1 0 0 1
German shepherd 63 42 17 7 38
German shepherd mix 31 21 7 6 19 #
German shepherd/husky mix 4 3 1 1 2
Golden retriever 6 6 0 1 4 #
Great Dane 24 5 4 2 9
Great Pyranees 1 0 1 1 0
Greyhound 1 1 0 0 1
Husky 39 23 4 13 8
Husky/Malamute mix 2 2 0 0 2
Husky/Labrador mix 1 0 1 0 1
Jack Russell terrier 2 1 1 1 0 #
Labrador 26 18 9 2 20 #
Labrador mix 10 9 1 0 9 #
Labrador/boxer mix 1 0 1 0 0
Lab-Doberman 1 1 0 0 1
Lab-St. Bernard 1 1 0 0 1
Malamute 8 7 1 3 3
Mastiff 16 11 4 4 9
Norwegian elkhound 1 0 1 0 1 #
Pit bull terrier 1110 495 397 104 608 #
Pit bull boxer mix 5 1 2 0 2
Pit bull/chow mix 5 2 3 1 3
Pit bull/Doberman/GSD/Lab 2 2 0 0 2
Pit bull/GSD mix 1 1 0 0 1
Pit bull/Lab mix 15 10 4 3 8 #
Pit bull/Rott. mix 39 7 3 2 8
Pit bull/Sheltie mix 1 1 0 0 1
Pit bull/Weimaraner mix 1 0 1 0 1
Pit mix unknown 3 2 0 0 2
Pointer mix 1 0 1 0 0 #
Pomeranian 1 1 0 1 0
Poodle 2 1 1 0 2 #
Pug 1 1 0 0 1
Pug/Rottweiler mix 2 1 0 1 0
Queensland heeler 3 0 1 0 1
Rottweiler 409 231 109 58 223 #
Rottweiler/chow mix 1 1 0 0 1
Rottweiler/GSD mix 13 7 5 2 10
Rottweiler/Labrador 7 6 1 0 7
Russian terrier 1 0 1 0 1
Saint Bernard 6 3 0 1 1
Sharpei 4 4 0 0 4
Sharpei/Rottweiler 2 1 0 0 1
Sharpei/unknown mix 1 1 0 0 1
Sharpei/Labrador 1 1 0 0 1
Springer spaniel 3 4 0 0 4
Tosa 1 1 0 0 1
Weimaeaner 1 1 0 0 1
Wheaten terrier 2 1 0 0 1
Wolf hybrid 71 65 3 18 43 #
Total: 2209 1142 658 264 1323
Page 3 of 7
Pit bulls, Rottweilers, Presa Canarios, and their mixes:
1638 776 537 172 893
74% 68% 82% 65% 68%
Pit, Rott, Wolf hybrid 1590 793 510 181 875
72% 69% 78% 69% 66%
Airedale/boxer: The only listed attack was by 10 dogs at once.
Beagle: The fatality was a strangulation caused by tugging on a leash which
was around a child's neck.
Border collie: Involved in 4-dog attack. The other dogs were two American
bull dogs and a mastiff.
Boxer: Fatal attack on 3-week-old infant also involved a Rottweiler.
Dauschund: Julia Beck, 87, of Fort Wayne, died 5/15/05, two weeks after
attack by Dauschund & Lab at home she shared with Michael T. Kitchen, 48,
and Linda A. Kitchen, 57.
Doberman: One miniature pinscher apparently joined two pit bull terriers in
attacking a child.
East Highland terrier: Victim, age 75, died of heart attack.
German shepherd mix: One fatality victim, age 83, was apparently killed
by an overly rowdy greeting. The victim was knocked down and suffered
multiple broken bones, but was not bitten. The dog had bitten a person on
a previous occasion. In that case, the skin was not broken. Another
83-year-old victim was killed by either a German shepherd/Labrador mix or a
pit bull terrier, but it was not clear whether both dogs attacked her, or
just one of them. An 18-day-old child was killed in an attack also
involving a pit bull terrier/golden Lab mix.
Golden retriever: One dog responsible for an attack was rabid. Another
accidentally strangled Kaitlyn Hassard, 6, of Manorville, Long Island,
on 1/24/06, by tugging at her scarf.
Jack Russell terrier: Patricia Schneider, 50, of Discovery Bay, Calif.,
whose spleen had been removed, died in 2/98 of infection, 3 days after
receiving infected bite on lip at home of Diane Gardner and Elaine Goodney.
Labrador: Adult victim was attacked in her home by as many as 23 dogs owned
by daughter. The Lab who severely mauled Jasmine Charboneau, 2, on
7/29/04 in Devils Lake, ND, proved to be rabid.
Labrador mix: Reports varied as to whether one case was severe enough to
include.
Mastiff: One mastiff attack also involved an attacking pit bull terrier.
Pit bull terrier: One case involved a dog who assisted in a killing carried
out by a human. Another case was a 6-year-old girl who was caught and
strangled by a pit bull's chain. An 83-year-old victim was killed by either
a German shepherd/Labrador mix or a pit bull terrier, but it was not clear
whether both dogs attacked her, or just one of them. One case involved a
Page 4 of 7
woman who was apparently killed by two pit bulls and one Rottweiler.
Pit bull/golden Lab mix: One child was killed in an attack also involving a
German shepherd mix.
Pointer mix: Was involved in attack on Iran Menses, 66, of Los Angeles,
on 5/28/00, along with two pit bull terriers, but apparently did not
inflict any of Menses' injuries.
Poodle: Very strange case involved prescription drug use possibly affecting
dog as well as victim.
Rottweiler: Jonathon Chandler, 6 months, of Lancaster, Ohio, was
reportedly crushed in bed by the family Rottweiler. Four other children,
ages 2-11, were removed from home of Shelly Fisher; case was
investigated as possible negligent homicide. Another case involved a woman
who was apparently killed by two pit bulls and one Rottweiler.
Wolf hybrid: One adult victim was a small woman who was defending two
children. The other was a small woman, 61, who was apparently defending
her dog. In that instance, the wolf hybrid was identified as being a wolf
hybrid/German shepherd cross, with the German shepherd configuration
dominant. Some experts are skeptical that the animal had any wolf ancestry
at all.
Analysis
The tallies of attacks, attacks on children, attacks on adults,
fatalities, and maimings on the above data sheet must be evaluated in three
different contexts. The first pertains to breed-specific characteristic
behavior, the second to bite frequency as opposed to the frequency of
severe injuries, and the third to degree of relative risk.
Of the breeds most often involved in incidents of sufficient severity
to be listed, pit bull terriers are noteworthy for attacking adults almost
as frequently as children. This is a very rare pattern: children are
normally at greatest risk from dogbite because they play with dogs more
often, have less experience in reading dog behavior, are more likely to
engage in activity that alarms or stimulates a dog, and are less able to
defend themselves when a dog becomes aggressive. Pit bulls seem to differ
behaviorally from other dogs in having far less inhibition about attacking
people who are larger than they are. They are also notorious for attacking
seemingly without warning, a tendency exacerbated by the custom of docking
pit bulls' tails so that warning signals are not easily recognized. Thus
the adult victim of a pit bull attack may have had little or no opportunity
to read the warning signals that would avert an attack from any other dog.
Rottweilers by contrast show a fairly normal child/adult attack
ratio. They seem to show up disproportionately often in the mauling,
killing, and maiming statistics simply because they are both quite popular
and very powerful, capable of doing a great deal of damage in cases where
bites by other breeds might be relatively harmless.
Wolf hybrids, German shepherds, and huskies are at the extreme
opposite end of the scale, almost never inflicting severe injury on
adults--but it would be a huge mistake to assume that these seemingly
similar patterns reflect similar behavior. They do not. In fact, German
shepherds and German shepherd mixes in which the German shepherd line
predominates together amount to 16% of the entire U.S. and Canadian dog
population, according to the data we have on breed-specific licensing, or
just about nine million total dogs. There are by contrast only about
Page 5 of 7
300,000 recognized wolf hybrids: about one for every 30 German shepherds.
Relative to their overall numbers, wolf hybrids are accordingly 60 times
more likely to kill or maim a child than a German shepherd--and that is
before even beginning to consider the critical behavioral distinctions.
German shepherds are herding dogs, bred for generations to guide and
protect sheep. In modern society, they are among the dogs of choice for
families with small children, because of their extremely strong protective
instinct. They have three distinctively different kinds of bite: the
guiding nip, which is gentle and does not break the skin; the
grab-and-drag, to pull a puppy or lamb or child away from danger, which is
as gentle as emergency circumstances allow; and the reactive bite, usually
in defense of territory, a child, or someone else the dog is inclined to
guard. The reactive bite usually comes only after many warning barks,
growls, and other exhibitions intended to avert a conflict. When it does
come, it is typically accompanied by a frontal leap for the wrist or
throat.
Because German shepherds often use the guiding nip and the
grab-and-drag with children, who sometimes misread the dogs' intentions and
pull away in panic, they are involved in biting incidents at almost twice
the rate that their numbers alone would predict: approximately 28% of all
bite cases, according to a recent five-year compilation of Minneapolis
animal control data. Yet none of the Minneapolis bites by German shepherds
involved a serious injury: hurting someone is almost never the dogs'
intent.
In the German shepherd mauling, killing, and maiming cases I have
recorded, there have almost always been circumstances of duress: the dog
was deranged from being kept alone on a chain for prolonged periods without
human contract, was starving, was otherwise severely abused, was
protecting puppies, or was part of a pack including other dangerous dogs.
None of the German shepherd attacks have involved predatory behavior on the
part of an otherwise healthy dog.
Every one of the wolf hybrid attacks, however, seems to have been
predatory. Only four of the fatality victims were older than age seven,
and all three were of small stature. The first adult fatality was killed in
the presence of her two young sons, whom she was apparently trying to
protect. The second was killed while apparently trying to protect her dog.
Most of the victims were killed very quickly. Some never knew the wolf
hybrid was present. Some may never have known what hit them. Some were
killed right in front of parents, who had no time to react.
Unlike German shepherds, wolf hybrids are usually kept well apart from
children, and from any people other than their owners. Yet they have still
found more opportunity to kill and maim than members of any other breeds
except pit bull terriers and Rottweilers, each of whom may outnumber wolf
hybrids by about 10 to 1.
Huskies appear to be a special case, in that even though they are
common in the U.S., the life-threatening attacks involving them have
virtually all occured in Alaska, the Northwest Territories, the Yukon,
Labrador, and the northernmost parts of Quebec. In these regions, huskies
are frequently kept in packs, in semi-natural conditions, and in some
cases are even allowed to spend summers without regular human supervision.
Thus many of the husky attack cases might be viewed more as attacks by feral
animals, even though they technically qualified for this log because they
were identified as owned and trained animals, who were supposed to know that
they were not to attack.
Akitas, Malamutes, and Samoyeds have a similar attack pattern,
Page 6 of 7
but while these are also "northern breeds" commonly used to pull sleds,
most of the attacks by Akitas, Malamutes, and Samoyeds have occurred in
ordinary home situations. Cumulatively, the northern breeds appear to have
an attack pattern resembling that of wolf hybrids more than that of most
other dogs--which might merely point toward the numbers of wolf hybrids who
are illegally kept under the pretense that they are various of the northern
breeds.
What all this may mean relative to legislation is problematic.
Historically, breed-specific legislation has proved very difficult to
enforce because of the problems inherent in defining animals for whom there
may be no breed standards, or conflicting standards. Both pit bull
terriers and wolf hybrids tend to elude easy legal definition; neither can
they be recognized by genetic testing.
The traditional approach to dangerous dog legislation is to allow "one
free bite," at which point the owner is warned. On second bite, the dog
is killed. The traditional approach, however, patently does not apply in
addressing the threats from pit bull terriers, Rottweilers, and wolf
hybrids. In more than two-thirds of the cases I have logged, the
life-threatening or fatal attack was apparently the first known dangerous
behavior by the animal in question. Children and elderly people were almost
always the victims.
Truthfully speaking, I do not know how an effective, fair,
enforceable, humane dangerous dog law could be constructed. Any law strong
enough and directed enough to prevent the majority of life-threatening dog
attacks must discriminate heavily against pit bulls, Rottweilers, wolf
hybrids, and perhaps Akitas and chows, who are not common breeds but do
seem to be involved in disproportionate numbers of life-threatening attacks.
Such discrimination will never be popular with the owners of these breeds,
especially those who believe their dogs are neither dangerous nor likely to
turn dangerous without strong provocation. Neither will breed
discrimination ever be acceptable to those who hold out for an
interpretation of animal rights philosophy which holds that all breeds are
created equal. One might hope that educating the public against the
acquisition of dangerous dogs would help; but the very traits that make
certain breeds dangerous also appeal to a certain class of dog owner. Thus
publicizing their potentially hazardous nature has tended to increase these
breeds' popularity.
Meanwhile, because the humane community has demonstrated a profound
unwillingness to recognize, accept, and respond to the need for some sort
of strong breed-specific regulation to deal with pit bulls and Rottweilers,
the insurance industry is doing the regulating instead, by means which
include refusing to insure new shelters which accept and place pit bulls.
That means a mandatory death sentence for most pit bulls, regardless of
why they come to shelters.
This is not a problem for older shelters, which have long established
insurer relationships, but it is a hell of a problem for organizations
without long histories of successful and mostly accident-free adoption,
predating the present abundance of pit bulls and Rottweilers in the shelter
dog population.
Individual dog owners are also getting clobbered, either with
liability premiums so high that no one can afford to keep pit bulls or
Rottweilers, or by inability to find an insurer willing to cover anyone who
has such a dog--or any other dog breed with a bad reputation, whether or
not the reputation is deserved. (Compare attacks by pit bulls with attacks
by Dobermans on the chart above.) This in turn means more pit bulls,
Rottweilers, et al being surrendered to shelters, when their people cannot
Page 7 of 7
find rental accommodations or even buy a house because of their inability to
obtain liability insurance.
The humane community does not try to encourage the adoption of pumas in
the same manner that we encourage the adoption of felis catus, because even
though a puma can also be box-trained and otherwise exhibits much the same
indoor behavior, it is clearly understood that accidents with a puma are
frequently fatal.
For the same reason, it is sheer foolishness to encourage people to
regard pit bull terriers and Rottweilers as just dogs like any other, no
matter how much they may behave like other dogs under ordinary
circumstances.
Temperament is not the issue, nor is it even relevant. What is
relevant is actuarial risk. If almost any other dog has a bad moment,
someone may get bitten, but will not be maimed for life or killed, and the
actuarial risk is accordingly reasonable. If a pit bull terrier or a
Rottweiler has a bad moment, often someone is maimed or killed--and that
has now created off-the-chart actuarial risk, for which the dogs as well as
their victims are paying the price.
Pit bulls and Rottweilers are accordingly dogs who not only must be
handled with special precautions, but also must be regulated with special
requirements appropriate to the risk they may pose to the public and other
animals, if they are to be kept at all.
--
Merritt Clifton
Editor, ANIMAL PEOPLE
P.O. Box 960
Clinton, WA 98236

photo chick
03-06-2007, 05:51 AM
No, you nead to go back and reread..I said the majority of MAULING DEATHS...where in the WORLD do you come up with parents?? And don't call me honey...
Forget it....I think you'd argue that the sky was green when it's clearly blue today, here atleast.
I used Honey (sarcasticly of course) b/c is sounded nicer than as*hole but if you insist...
Good luck in life as*hole!

Jetboatguru
03-06-2007, 06:48 AM
Forget it....I think you'd argue that the sky was green when it's clearly blue today, here atleast.
I used Honey (sarcasticly of course) b/c is sounded nicer than as*hole but if you insist...
Photo Chick= does not play well with others.:D

Jbb
03-06-2007, 06:49 AM
Photo Chick= does not play well with others.:D:
moody.... perhaps....you should hear what she said about you! :jawdrop:

Jetboatguru
03-06-2007, 07:00 AM
:
I can only imagine. It can't be good. :idea:

photo chick
03-06-2007, 07:03 AM
:
You said you'd never tell!!! :mad: :D

boatsnblondes
03-06-2007, 07:51 AM
Call me whatever you want, I don't care....I'm still right.........

Tom Brown
03-06-2007, 07:56 AM
Photo Chick= does not play well with others.:D
That's my favorite thing about her. :cool:

Jetboatguru
03-06-2007, 07:59 AM
That's my favorite thing about her. :cool:
My favorite things about her are her huge lenses:)

Tom Brown
03-06-2007, 08:04 AM
She does seem to have a thing for long lenses. The longer the better, it would seem. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif

Jbb
03-06-2007, 08:05 AM
My favorite things about her are her huge lenses:)
:jawdrop:
They're real.....and they're spectacular.........the lenses....:D

Jetboatguru
03-06-2007, 08:08 AM
She does seem to have a thing for long lenses. The longer the better, it would seem. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif
I've seen her work the lenses. SHe has a firm grip with both hands and she twists with such emotion and sensitivity.

Jbb
03-06-2007, 08:11 AM
I've seen her work the lenses. SHe has a firm grip with both hands and she twists with such emotion and sensitivity.
experienced....?

Jetboatguru
03-06-2007, 08:25 AM
experienced....?
You should see her pull in tight on a shot!

Jbb
03-06-2007, 08:26 AM
:jawdrop: ...oh my....

photo chick
03-06-2007, 08:30 AM
Stop.....my lenses are fogging up!

Jbb
03-06-2007, 08:31 AM
People sometimes overlook the importance of ....tightness....:jawdrop:

photo chick
03-06-2007, 08:49 AM
It's not the length that matters Tom, it's all in the way you go about using them.....the lenses that is.:D

RiverDave
03-06-2007, 11:20 AM
Nobody said you had to be a genius to drive a train.. You truly are one of the dumbest people I have ever had the sheer dumb luck (pun intended) of arguing with.
It was a TOKEN gesture there Sherlock. (AS in "No shit") I no more want to have a beer with you than with the released inmates that get on board the train every day, though considering, they might be better company.
Well then go drink with your inmates foolio.. WTF do I care?
Like I said, keep your dog, I don't care. And of course you went way out into left field with the comment about YOUR dog, it was a generic statement, meaning I would kill all pits that get near the house, not just yours. So would most on this board. The fact that you get all defensive about your dog shows you are the one with the issues, not me.
Like I said you seriuosly should look into some councelling and anger management classes.
Too many people go out of thier way to avoid you and your "family member?"
Like who? I can name atleast 100 people that not only don't go out of their way to avoid me or my dog, but go out of their way to say hello and pet the dog? Stop it your talking nonsense now..
I'm not the one who spent the better part of a day trying to convince a bunch of people who weren't listening that you have a great dog....wikopedia?? Are you kidding me?
Your right about that.. Your the one that spent the better part of 4 days now claiming that you like to kill them, you shoot to kill, they should all be banned etc.. and that my dog (specifically) is more likely to maul and kill a child so I'm totally out of line. widopedia... I'm not kidding you.
I have no anger issues, but I do hate blatant stupidity,
Must be tough to look in the mirror every morning.
and yours is fairly obvious.
Your right, I'm stupid, got any openings down at Amtrak?
Good dog, family member, whatever the fock it is, it has a higher tendancy to shread your family that ANY OTHER DOG.
Uhh no actually it doesn't.. That's what I've been trying to tell you. EVERY SINGLE STAT you put up is skewed... Now once again try to pay attention for just a minute. Take your little conductor hat off, and stop blowing your little whistle and try to process the basic information that I'm going to lay down for you. Hooked on phonics is out.. I'm going to take your own stat and show you on a focking Speak and Spell level what I've been trying to get across to you, and that you just can not seem to grasp.
Don't believe me stupid? Heres a nice link to blow the wind out of your sails.....
Ok are you ready? Color by #'s jerk off..
http://www.fataldogattacks.com/statistics.html
Your Link.. What is the VERY 1ST THING it says with regards to pit bulls?
Breeds Involved
Pit Bull and Pit-bull-type dogs (21%), Mixed breed dogs (16%),
Rottweilers (13%), German Shepherd Dogs (9%), Wolf Dogs (5%),
Siberian Huskies (5%), Malamutes (4%), Great Danes (3%),
St. Bernards (3%), Chow Chows (3%), Doberman Pinschers (3%),
other breeds & non-specified breeds (15%).
Pit Bull and Pit bull type dogs.. WTF is that? Can you not understand that they self admittedly put other dogs in the category of "Pit bull" right there? Or were you too busy spouting off to notice this little gem at the bottom of the text? Again from YOUR LINK
While at times informative, statistics on fatal dog attacks can also be misleading. For example, a number of cases were a Pit Bull, Rottweiler or GSD were counted as causing a human fatality were in reality the direct result of gross human negligence or criminal intent (i.e. discarding a newborn in the yard where the dogs were kept, or cases of extremely emaciated animals, or cases were the dog was ordered or encouraged to attack the victim).
Last Gem from YOUR LINK..
This study was conducted not to determine which breeds of dogs caused fatalities, but rather to examine the circumstances and events that precipitated an attack. Knowing how many Pit Bulls or Rottweilers caused a human fatality has little applicable value, only when examining each case individually can we hope to gain insight into the HUMAN and CANINE behaviors that contributed to these tragic events.
The primary base of the study wasn't to determine which breeds attack more. Hence the reason they say "Type dogs" instead of actual dogs..
21% of all fatalities are pitts. PITTS.
Ok 1st off.. If your going to keep calling me stupid. Can you speak and spell your way to losing a T on the Pit Bull? 2ndly, 21% of those WERE NOT Pit Bulls. They were Pit bull and Pit bull "type" dogs.. Whatever that is.
OF those fatalities, 79% were kids,
You don't even know how to process the basic information layed out in front of you. 79% of the total fatallities involved children across ALL THE ATTACKS, not just the pit and pit "type" (again whatever that is) group.
dude, not all by pitts, but I would wager the VAST majority. Boys 1-12 are 2.5 % more likely to get bit.
You are such a numb nuts this is almost embarassing.. You seriously make this shit up as you go along. It NEVER SAID THAT on YOUR LINK..
What is said was (again word for word from your link)
Boys aged 1 - 12 years old were 2.5 times more likely to be the victim of a fatal dog attack than girls of the same age.
What you just said, and what they said are two COMPLETELY different things.. In your mind a pit is more likely to attack a young boy for no reason. According to the statistic a DOG (keyword there) is more likely to attack a young boy then a young girl.
There are more stats available, that state pits have a chemical imabalance that keeps them from feeling pain.
A chemical imbalance? They are a "working dog" that has been bred to ignore everything except the task at hand. That includes distractions, pain, exhaustion, etc..
Which explaines video after video of beating the shit out of them to get them to release, with little or no effect.
Develop that theory all on your own?
Pitts don't bite as hard as an Akita, say, but there is a difference, when they bite, THEY DON'T LET GO.
They have a "locking jaw" too right? Honestly you should do some more reading before you go spouting off like you know something.
Resulting in horrible injuries, much moreso than most dogs. Want me to post a pic of a woman who got her face torn off by a pit?
Would you like for me to post pictures of a baby mauled by a pomeranian? Shock value pictures are just that.. Shock value.
I could go on and on about your "family member" ...to keep things at the hooked on phonics level, you still don't get it.
Really? You can go on and on about my family member that you never met, and know nothing about? Well I guess it'd make as much sense as the rest of your arguments.
So do me a favor, get out a gun, give it a name, fido or something, and put it in the same spot your "family member" lies in. Theres no difference dude. Your just playing the odds, thats all.
How many people die a year from accidental shootings? Your right I am playing the odds.
Stupid is as stupid does bro. It ain't tough guy shit, it's reality. One thing, I sincerely hope the choices you have made about the animal, don't come back and bite you in the ass.
Same goes for you.. Being that I've been attacked by two labs, neighbor got mauled by a retriever, some guys little girl on here was attacked and had severe facial damage by a golden. Dogs are dogs, and shit happens. If you choose to have a companion of the K-9 species then your taking your chances. If you take the time to understand them and learn about them your chances will go to almost zero. Since your obviously ignorant to just about everything regarding dogs, and your a "Type A" I'd say your odds are plenty higher then mine.
Lets say we stop with all this arguing, becuase of the two of us I'm certainly not the one that "doesn't get it." Your reading comprehension is for shit (as evident of what you took away from your link) so I'm not sure how much of this your actually getting, probably little if I had to guess.
I know you didn't bother reading the whole thing, and I don't want you to come away from this with nothing, so that being said "If you keep believing really hard, then someday you might actually get it."
Remember "The Little Engine that could?" Well right now you can't.. but if you keep telling yourself
"I THINK I CAN, I THINK I CAN, I THINK I CAN"
Well then one day who knows? Maybe you could actually get it? Gotta be honest from over here in the cheap seats it's not looking good, but hey I'm always one to root for an underdog.
RD

Jbb
03-06-2007, 12:11 PM
That is a classic RD post:)
Next he will be banging the>>>>>>>>tribal drums<<<<<<<<<......:D

Aqua Boogie1
03-06-2007, 05:11 PM
This is great reading, makes my time at work go faster!!!!:D Im a dog luver, and I believe its the owners who make thier dog. But you do have to set limits to what you'll deal with if you're a pet owner. Speakin of the pet. IMO...............

boatsnblondes
03-06-2007, 09:06 PM
What a stupid dumb fock you are, RD. I gotta admit, I kinda admire you, you can talk yourself into anything. Good for you, must be nice in RD land. Nice little alternate universe you have set up.
First, the % was a typo, shoulda been an X, as in times. Your too stupid or too petty and dig too hard to make up your own truth and reality, good for you. Dipstick, your kids are 2.5 times more likely to get zapped by your dog than others.
Pit bull and pit bull types. Stupid. Considering the breed is so warped and retarded, the best breed description is pit bull type. Focking retard.
As far as what I do, you couldn't do it on your best day. One thing about what I do, I encounter all the different types of people you can imagine. Which is why I have so little respect for you. Your just plain focking stupid RD, on the RR, we call working with a moron like you "working one on none" I just set retards like you out on a street crossing somewhere, or in the rear engine, where they can't get anyone hurt. I no longer have time to play verbal volleyball with you, unlike you, I work for a living and I gotta get some sleep. You have no common sense, none, you live in a dreamland of your own device, and frankly, on my job youd get someone hurt. No way I'd ever let you on my crew. Make fun all you want, thats all you got, but the reality is I do something only 1200 guys and gals in the US do, run passenger. I'm at the top of the curve when it comes to railroading, and for you to sit there and make fun shows what a total and complete moron you are. Odds are your a baller with a DCB in the garage, living out on Lido somewhere, and use $100 bills to light your cigars...then again, I'll bet your flipping burgers at Ruby's at the end of the Pier. Another reason not to go out there.
And you passed over the most distressing point that I pointed out. That bite laws don't work for pits. Thats because when they bite, even for the first time, the bite is devastaing. Even in some cases deadly. Stay in your dreamland RD, I'm glad I live far enough away from LA that I don't have to deal with dumb focking fools like you. Show this to your wife, see what she says...I can't believe ANYONE would willingly endanger thier children, shows what kind of parents you are, huh? Too bad people like you breed, the world would be a better place with no RD's around. Nuff said, fock you and your dog, I'm done with you and this bullshit thread.

RiverDave
03-06-2007, 11:01 PM
What a stupid dumb fock you are, RD. I gotta admit, I kinda admire you, you can talk yourself into anything. Good for you, must be nice in RD land. Nice little alternate universe you have set up.
First, the % was a typo, shoulda been an X, as in times. Your too stupid or too petty and dig too hard to make up your own truth and reality, good for you. Dipstick, your kids are 2.5 times more likely to get zapped by your dog than others.
Pit bull and pit bull types. Stupid. Considering the breed is so warped and retarded, the best breed description is pit bull type. Focking retard.
As far as what I do, you couldn't do it on your best day. One thing about what I do, I encounter all the different types of people you can imagine. Which is why I have so little respect for you. Your just plain focking stupid RD, on the RR, we call working with a moron like you "working one on none" I just set retards like you out on a street crossing somewhere, or in the rear engine, where they can't get anyone hurt. I no longer have time to play verbal volleyball with you, unlike you, I work for a living and I gotta get some sleep. You have no common sense, none, you live in a dreamland of your own device, and frankly, on my job youd get someone hurt. No way I'd ever let you on my crew. Make fun all you want, thats all you got, but the reality is I do something only 1200 guys and gals in the US do, run passenger. I'm at the top of the curve when it comes to railroading, and for you to sit there and make fun shows what a total and complete moron you are. Odds are your a baller with a DCB in the garage, living out on Lido somewhere, and use $100 bills to light your cigars...then again, I'll bet your flipping burgers at Ruby's at the end of the Pier. Another reason not to go out there.
And you passed over the most distressing point that I pointed out. That bite laws don't work for pits. Thats because when they bite, even for the first time, the bite is devastaing. Even in some cases deadly. Stay in your dreamland RD, I'm glad I live far enough away from LA that I don't have to deal with dumb focking fools like you. Show this to your wife, see what she says...I can't believe ANYONE would willingly endanger thier children, shows what kind of parents you are, huh? Too bad people like you breed, the world would be a better place with no RD's around. Nuff said, fock you and your dog, I'm done with you and this bullshit thread.
Jesus your reading comprehension sucks. I mean honest to god how do you get through the day?
In your little link it said NOTHING about a pit being 2.5 times more likely to bite a child then another breed. It said a DOG is 2.5 times mroe likely to bite a young boy age 1 - 12 then a young girl the same age. I live in a dream world becuase I know how to read?
I'd take apart the rest of your post but honestly your already self imploding so there's not much point.
I'm glad your done with me and this bullshit thread.. Any chance I could get ya to be done with ***boat as a whole?
"I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.. :D"
Till the next time smart guy.
RD

maxwedge
03-06-2007, 11:39 PM
Clearly humans killed and injured far more people than pit bulls. I'm going to shoot all the humans that come near me:D :
US crime statistics
Assaults: 2,238,480
Car thefts: 1,147,300
Drug offences: 560.1 per 100,000 people
Illicit drugs
world's largest consumer of cocaine, shipped from Colombia through Mexico and the Caribbean; consumer of heroin, marijuana, and increasingly methamphetamine from Mexico; consumer of high-quality Southeast Asian heroin; illicit producer of cannabis, marijuana, depressants, stimulants, hallucinogens, and methamphetamine; money-laundering center
Murders: 12,658
Murders (per capita): 0.042802 per 1,000 people
Murders with firearms: 8,259
Murders with firearms (per capita): 0.0279271 per 1,000 people
Rapes: 89,110
Total crimes: 23,677,800
SOURCES: Seventh United Nations Survey of Crime Trends and Operations of Criminal Justice Systems, covering the period 1998 - 2000 (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, Centre for International Crime Prevention); UNODC; CIA World Factbook, December 2003

LAND_LOVER69
03-07-2007, 11:20 AM
http://www.cnn.com/video/partners/clickability/index.html?url=/video/us/2007/03/07/ward.nc.pit.bull.attack.wtvd

RiverDave
03-07-2007, 11:54 AM
http://www.cnn.com/video/partners/clickability/index.html?url=/video/us/2007/03/07/ward.nc.pit.bull.attack.wtvd
If it was a golden retriever that did that do you think it'd be on CNN? Even if there was more damage? Probably would, and they'd probably still be calling it a "pit."
RD

LAND_LOVER69
03-07-2007, 12:10 PM
If it was a golden retriever that did that do you think it'd be on CNN? Even if there was more damage? Probably would, and they'd probably still be calling it a "pit."
RD
Believe me I'm not taking sides with nobody. I've been chased by Rotties and German Shepherds as a kid (paper boy).
A guy I knew a few years back had a pit, she was one of the sweetest dogs around unless her owner snapped his fingers, then forget about it. As it turns out he was from NY and she was a retired fighter.:rolleyes:
Personally I could care less what kind of dog you have so long as he/she is a nice puppy. If you treat him/her like part of the family then good for you. I think every pet owner should do that. :)
I know there are dogs of all kinds attacking people every day, it's a crying shame the only time you hear about it is when it's a Pit. Hell I got my hand all chewed up by a little ****in taco bell dog when I was a kid, those are the dogs that I hate but I damn sure wouldn't enjoy killin one!:rolleyes:

riverbound
03-07-2007, 12:29 PM
Haha...this whole thread has made me laugh for Days :D
BNB.....Thanks for making me laugh (at you, not with you).