PDA

View Full Version : Just curious...

wsuwrhr
03-02-2007, 06:22 PM
Does anyone else have days, weeks, months, years where you want to find the highest bridge to jump off of?
This past year it seems that I am having a harder and harder time being able to find things to be thankful for.
Everytime I turn around lately it is just more and more bad news.

wsuwrhr
03-02-2007, 06:23 PM
Anyone else ever have this problem?

sleekcraft137
03-02-2007, 06:24 PM
Does anyone else have days, weeks, months, years where you want to find the highest bridge to jump off of?
This past year it seems that I am having a harder and harder time being able to find things to be thankful for.
Everytime I turn around lately it is just more and more bad news.LOL, you should read my thread from yesterday "I've had it":mad:

wsuwrhr
03-02-2007, 06:27 PM
LOL, you should read my thread from yesterday "I've had it":mad:
I saw it. Believe me, I thought I had developed a split personality.
Brian

YeLLowBoaT
03-02-2007, 06:36 PM
there was a point like that last year for me... got stuck in a legal fight between a contractor( I was a sub) and property owner... long story short. they owed me about 30k( materails and labor which I already put out) Had to take a personal loan just to cover my guys checks... Got all of that settle in jan... Made a deal outside of court. Its funny what a few well written letters from a lawyer will do.
oh yeah and every single time I was rearended last year I wanted to get out and knock that fooker that did it out.

Jbb
03-02-2007, 06:38 PM
Look around you....people under the bridge......go to a hospital.....walk around.....It wont take very long before you realize it could always be a whole lot worse...
dont worry ....be happy...:)

roostwear
03-02-2007, 06:40 PM
You know me, so let me add a little perspective to your life. (wonder why I've been quiet lately?)
How many operations did you have last year?
How many times was your boat hit and require major repairs last year?
How many times were you (really) almost killed last year?
Yes, alot of times bad just heaps on top of bad, but it's all what you make it. Sometimes when it gets REALLY deep, you have to step back and realize....... at least your still alive. There's always SOMEONE worse off.

EAZYKILLER2006
03-02-2007, 06:42 PM
so sorry to hear this ...just do what everyone else does...DRINK...LET ME TELL YA IT DOES WONDERS...just last night, we were at this club:( and some fool :mad: opens fire at ppl ...two got shot! about 10 steps away...i should be freaked out over that:( ...NOPE :) WE WERE SO FADED WE DIDNT EVEN NOW WHAT WAS UP...MY FRIEND PULLS ME DOWN...I HAVE TO FIGHT HER OFF ME, TO GET AWAY...and run TO GET MY MAN TO DROP TO THE FLOOR:( HE DIDNT KNOW WHAT WAS UP...CRAZY NIGHT...BUT THATS LIFE...IF WE END UP DEAD :D WE WOULDNT EVEN OF KNOWN...doesnt get better than that...well heck, we are going out again tonight :devil: gotta go...

Rexone
03-02-2007, 06:46 PM
so sorry to hear this ...just do what everyone else does...DRINK...LET ME TELL YA IT DOES WONDERS...just last night, we were at this club:( and some fool :mad: opens fire at ppl ...two got shot! about 10 steps away...i should be freaked out over that:( ...NOPE :) WE WERE SO FADED WE DIDNT EVEN NOW WHAT WAS UP...MY FRIEND PULLS ME DOWN...I HAVE TO FIGHT HER OFF ME, TO GET AWAY...and run TO GET MY MAN TO DROP TO THE FLOOR:( HE DIDNT KNOW WHAT WAS UP...CRAZY NIGHT...BUT THATS LIFE...IF WE END UP DEAD :D WE WOULDNT EVEN OF KNOWN...doesnt get better than that...well heck, we are going out again tonight :devil: gotta go...
This has to be some kind of record for max number of smilies, caps on and off and incoherency all in the same post. Congrats, you rock. :D

BadKachina
03-02-2007, 06:48 PM
I always say if I didn't have bad luck, I would have any luck at all.
Sorry to hear your not doing so well, hope things get better for you. Go rent a good movie and get some ice cream. That usually makes me feel better. :)

Rexone
03-02-2007, 06:49 PM
Brian, what JBB and Roostwear said.
Really.
Imagine yourself as an Iraqi or a Sundaneze or Somalinan just for a moment every time you think your life sux.

ratso
03-02-2007, 06:52 PM
Trust me, you're not alone... Seems all too often there is some uninvited drama or BS coming into my life... Hey, at least life isn't boring...;)

squirt'nmyload
03-02-2007, 06:55 PM
LMAO........easykiller i hope i do meet you one day:)

Baja Big Dog
03-02-2007, 06:56 PM
[QUOTE=Rexone;2420996]This has to be some kind of record for max number of smilies, caps on and off and incoherency all in the same post. Congrats, you rock.
Correct me if iIm wrong...:confused: but I think :idea: amongst that bable :sleeping: I did not see......:rolleyes: not even one.....:confused:
:) :) L O L !!!!:mad: :D
Thats a fricken record:devil:

squirt'nmyload
03-02-2007, 06:57 PM
everything will turn around soon enough....i've been there before:)

RiverToysJas
03-02-2007, 06:57 PM
I often have a desire to jump off a bridge....
http://www.extremesportscafe.com/Graphics/030716_basejump.jpg
Lord willing, and parachute works.....I think it'd be a blast!!! http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif
http://rivertoys.com/myspace/live_dream1.jpg
RTJas :D

Mrs 2LKHVSU
03-02-2007, 07:10 PM
Watch "It's a Wonderful Life" George Bailey had the same thoughts and it all worked out for him. :)

EAZYKILLER2006
03-02-2007, 07:20 PM
[QUOTE=Rexone;2420996]This has to be some kind of record for max number of smilies, caps on and off and incoherency all in the same post. Congrats, you rock.
:) :) L O L !!!!:mad: :D
Thats a fricken record:devil:
yea well dude, ppl droppin dead in front of you... as funny as it may sound...kinda :( really isnt a "laughing matter"...they were young kids...:(
but dont worry tonight, after i get my drinking on...i will redeem myself back into your good graces...with some of my f up posting...

f_inscreenname
03-02-2007, 07:35 PM
I have had days, weeks, months like that but like Sir Winston Churchill said, "When you have to go through hell just keep walking."

Windy
03-02-2007, 07:37 PM
Losing my brother last year was absolutely the F^^king worst year for me...and I still miss him so much it hurts.:(
You are not alone.

Mattman
03-02-2007, 08:15 PM
You're off to a great start as long as you woke up with air in your lungs! Got family and friends? Fukn-A even better. Everything else is b.s.!!

robk
03-02-2007, 08:18 PM
Get a job managing IT for a software company... you'll be looking for for the nearest bridge daily :D

EAZYKILLER2006
03-03-2007, 05:28 PM
Get a job managing IT for a software company... you'll be looking for for the nearest bridge daily :D
i have a spare bottle of jack, with your name on it :) if that helps

blown dough
03-03-2007, 05:37 PM
Tomorrow is a new day, remember we are never given more than we can handle. Hope things turn around for you.

Riverkid
03-03-2007, 05:40 PM
You have your own business. Sometime good and sometime BAD. Sometimes you just have to roll with it...

loudpipessavelives
03-03-2007, 06:35 PM
Look around you....people under the bridge......go to a hospital.....walk around.....It wont take very long before you realize it could always be a whole lot worse...
you said it... you just have to work through your tough times

Tom Brown
03-03-2007, 06:54 PM
Have you ever known someone young and attractive who comes from a wealthy family? I know a few and I've never met such vacuous, bottomless pits of want in my life.
I've noticed the people I find most interesting have been chewed to rat shit by the gears of life. Between illness, losing people they care about, an generally being impaled on life's pike of abuse, these people are basically the walking dead but I'll hang out with one of these people any time.
I'll bet we've all been out on a date with someone who vasillates between two dishes. Once decided, they blow a gasket to find out their choice isn't available even though a few moments earlier there was a second choice they would have enjoyed equally. It's like they can't find anything to be upset about so they're making shit up.
There's nothing like hanging out with people who've had some rough miles. Those people know what matters and what doesn't.
... so don't despair. Think about how interesting you are getting to me, if we ever meet. :D
Blow it out your ass, you thatched lawn having southerner. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif

Jbb
03-03-2007, 07:01 PM
Blow it out your ass, you thatched lawn having southerner. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif
Again Canaterd...you confuse thatch...with dormant...dont you hear good ......Boy?

Debbolas
03-04-2007, 08:00 AM
I know what you mean.
Believe me it will get better, it just takes time. Put your head down and trudge on through.
...................thinking of you, Deb

ratso
03-04-2007, 09:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2NON9UOJYY

Stingray69
03-04-2007, 02:45 PM
Have you ever known someone young and attractive who comes from a wealthy family? I know a few and I've never met such vacuous, bottomless pits of want in my life.
I've noticed the people I find most interesting have been chewed to rat shit by the gears of life. Between illness, losing people they care about, an generally being impaled on life's pike of abuse, these people are basically the walking dead but I'll hang out with one of these people any time.
I'll bet we've all been out on a date with someone who vasillates between two dishes. Once decided, they blow a gasket to find out their choice isn't available even though a few moments earlier there was a second choice they would have enjoyed equally. It's like they can't find anything to be upset about so they're making shit up.
There's nothing like hanging out with people who've had some rough miles. Those people know what matters and what doesn't.
... so don't despair. Think about how interesting you are getting to me, if we ever meet. :D
And this from a quitter....:D Just playin'.
Seriously, TB, I'm glad to see you back, but above that, this post of yours is probably the most enlightened thing I've ever read from you. As usual, you've said something undeniably true, incredibly succinct.
Adversity builds character, and I cringe when I see coddled, empty, spoiled never-grown-ups 'complain' about not getting to take the His/Her Harleys to Sturgis this year, or not able to take the Daddy-paid annual cruise to Cozumel, or some other equally shallow and pathetically selfish whine. When many who have had a better life are now finding things incredibly difficult to even get by, it is getting harder to just let it go, when I hear some economically or emotionally insulated drivel from 40 and 50 somethings who have no clue about what a hardship is.
I don't give a damm about political correctness; I, too, only really respect someone who has been ground up and spit out, only to be run back the thru the mill again. People have to earn respect from me; it isn't immediate and it isn't guaranteed, but I pay up in full when they've proved they are worthy.
And I am SO glad to see you back in character, Tom. It is a good day today.:)

rrrr
03-04-2007, 02:59 PM
I'm still too beat up to work on my stuff from all of the surgeries and hospitalizations of the last year.......but things do get better.
You're a smart guy, Brian.....and very talented. When you try to turn that into a business and a living, it really fuks you up when people jack you around. When someone gives you crap, it's like they attack your talents, and it's tough to take. It's not just the money......it's a personal affront. Try not to let it bother you so much.
I hope things get better quickly for you.

Jbb
03-04-2007, 03:02 PM
Blow it out your ass http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif
Let's go to the video tape Tom.....that should cheer em up...lol...:D

76ANTHONY
03-04-2007, 03:06 PM
yep, its been one a dos years for us, sheeeesh i wish i'd catch up soon:jawdrop: :idea: :D

Tom Brown
03-04-2007, 03:31 PM
Let's go to the video tape Tom.....that should cheer em up...lol...:D
I think that would be a little too much enlightenment, Brian. :D :D

Jbb
03-04-2007, 03:41 PM
I think that would be a little too much enlightenment, Brian. :D :D
No Splatmaster 2007.....?.....:D

hoolign
03-05-2007, 06:51 PM
So are ya gonna jump or what?? :idea:

ratso
03-05-2007, 07:01 PM
...that ain't right Hooli.:jawdrop:

riverroyal
03-05-2007, 07:08 PM
things can always get worse,things will change,hang in there

topless
03-05-2007, 07:14 PM
I don't know what to tell you Brian. You have a home, a job and a beautiful wife, not to mention your jamaican dog. I don't know what is personally going on but from the outside looking in, you are more fortunate than alot of people I know including me. Hang in there.

Big Warlock
03-05-2007, 07:16 PM
Life can be rough. Last year was the worse year of my life and the best! Who knew what kind of ride that would be. I hung in there and have only become more careful of stuff.
Hang in there! Good things will come about!

hoolign
03-05-2007, 07:17 PM
...that ain't right Hooli.:jawdrop:
Ok ..I'll return to posting threads about rubbin one out while eating cheatos! ..sorry Ratso!

wsuwrhr
03-05-2007, 07:33 PM
Seems that no matter how high I climb, another mountain rises from the peak I just ascended.
It is not just whining either.
There has been so many events happening to me and my family in the last two years.
I know "IT CAN ALWAYS BE WORSE" but JEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ......
I guess I just wanted to vent a little,
I work so hard thinking I am going to get ahead, and BAM!!! Good luck with that!!!!
One of the latest biggest problem is my brother's mental health, he wasn't taking his medicine and he was thinking people had killed his friends and family, "they" were looking for him and going to kill him next.
The dumbass broke into someone's house, just so he could call the police on himself. I am not kidding. Problem is the charge(residential burg) is a felony, not only that, it is a "One Strike" penalty, carring 2-4 or 6 years in Prison. He couldn't have picked much worse.
The people's house he broke into don't even want to press charges. They just asked that he get help for himself. He didn't take anything and nothing was broken or damaged. The District Attorney is the one who decides whether charges are to be brought or not.
Public defender says there isn't much we (he) can do. "Two years in prison and one strike is the best to hope for," he says.
A well recommended private attorney(from ***boat) wants a flat fee of 12K to defend him.
My parents are unable to come up with all of it. I am the oldest, and I feel like I need to help my brother. This situation is, and at the same time isn't, ALL his fault. Or is it?
Problem with that is we are in the middle of trying to move out of SB and that coin is a substantial portion of what we have saved to help make that happen.
Unfortunately it is also causing a rift in my relationship with my wife as it "isn't her brother"
It isn't like I don't have my own business to run, custumers to please, parts to make, tools to order, material to buy, bills to pay. Among all that, my new passions include meeting with lawyers, sitting in courtrooms, argueing with my wife about my brother/family, thinking about a gameplan and trying to keep it all together. Custumers don't want to hear that you are late on parts because you are trying to help out your younger brother. For the most part, they don't really give a shit.
Damn long posts.
So you really want to know if I am still looking to jump?
Brian

hoolign
03-05-2007, 07:39 PM
Seems that no matter how high I climb, another mountain rises from the peak I just ascended.
There has been so many events happening to me and my family in the last two years.
I work so hard thinking I am going to get ahead, and BAM!!! Good luck with that!!!!
One of the latest biggest problem is my brother's mental health, he wasn't taking his medicine and he was thinking people had killed his friends and family, "they" were looking for him and going to kill him next.
The dumbass broke into someone's house, just so he could call the police on himself. I am not kidding. Problem is the charge(residential burg) is a felony, not only that, it is a "One Strike" penalty, carring 2-4 or 6 years in Prison. He
couldn't have picked much worse.
The people's house he broke into don't even want to press charges. They just asked that he get help for himself. He didn't take anything and nothing was broken or damaged. The District Attorney is the one who decides whether charges are to be brought or not.
Public defender says there isn't much we (he) can do. "Two years in prison and one strike is the best to hope for," he says.
A well recommended private attorney(from ***boat) wants a flat fee of 12K to defend him.
My parents are unable to come up with all of it. I am the oldest, and I feel like I need to help my brother. This situation is, and at the same time, isn't ALL his fault. Or is it?
Problem with that is we are in the middle of trying to move out of SB and that coin is a substantial portion of what we have to help make that happen.
Unfortunately it is causing a rift in my relationship with my wife as it "isn't her brother"
It isn't like I don't have my own business to run, custumers to please, parts to make, material to buy, bills to pay. Among all that, my new passions include meeting with lawyers, sitting in courtrooms, argueing with my wife about my brother/family, thinking about a gameplan and trying to keep it all together. Custumers don't want to hear that you are late on parts because you are trying to help out your younger brother. For the most part, they don't really give a shit.
Damn long posts.
Brian
I don't think your ready to jump! I do think ya got a full plate infront of ya ( hence my PM) and I think your gonna find out just how strong you can get! Good luck with all of it!
j
Oh yeah, now that your dilemas are out in the open., i'm sure some peeps on here may even conjur up some good advice or solutions..again dude ... good luck!

wsuwrhr
03-05-2007, 07:57 PM
I don't think your ready to jump! I do think ya got a full plate infront of ya ( hence my PM) and I think your gonna find out just how strong you can get! Good luck with all of it!
j
Oh yeah, now that your dilemas are out in the open., i'm sure some peeps on here may even conjur up some good advice or solutions..again dude ... good luck!
I posted last month that my brother was in trouble and I may need private councel, I received plenty of help and PM's with recommendations for attorneys. I have been fortunate to never have had to deal with the legal system other than traffic tickets.
I wasn't looking forward to playing enie-meenie-miniee-mo in the phone book with my brother's freedom hanging in the balance.
***boat is pretty good about that. Alot of the members here are willing to venture WAY out on the limb to help and I like that.
I have said before that this site is the best.

SummitKarl
03-05-2007, 08:13 PM
Brian
I would grab a beer, turn on the radio and go make some chips;)
cause if you can't help yourself, you can't help your brother.
when I started to read this thread, I said to myself he just needs to change his location or routine, I see you already got that figured out;)
stay strong Brian you will make it through

ratso
03-05-2007, 08:14 PM
The dumbass broke into someone's house, just so he could call the police on himself. I am not kidding. Problem is the charge(residential burg) is a felony, not only that, it is a "One Strike" penalty, carring 2-4 or 6 years in Prison. He couldn't have picked much worse.
My parents are unable to come up with all of it. I am the oldest, and I feel like I need to help my brother. This situation is, and at the same time isn't, ALL his fault. Or is it?
Problem with that is we are in the middle of trying to move out of SB and that coin is a substantial portion of what we have saved to help make that happen.
Unfortunately it is also causing a rift in my relationship with my wife as it "isn't her brother"
It isn't like I don't have my own business to run, custumers to please, parts to make, tools to order, material to buy, bills to pay. Among all that, my new passions include meeting with lawyers, sitting in courtrooms, argueing with my wife about my brother/family, thinking about a gameplan and trying to keep it all together. Custumers don't want to hear that you are late on parts because you are trying to help out your younger brother. For the most part, they don't really give a shit.
Damn long posts.
Brian
You have to put your wife first (Fukk, did I just say that?)... How long have you and your family been bailing him out, if not legally, how about financially? If you help out, do you ever see the money again? Yeah, I think your wife might have a legitimate gripe.
I have had plenty of set backs in my life too, but I brought the majority of them on myself. I am dealing with one now that is gonna cost me out the ass, but it's to help my son get custody of my grandson...
My parents have always been the type to help out. They have bailed me out of problems over the years, but I paid them back. They also helped my sisters over the years, and always were paid back. In a case like that, yeah, I'd say help him... trouble is it's probably not like that, and I could forsee more serious problems brought on if you do help.
I have a friend, and he is a total fukk up... blast to hang out with but always doing something stupid. His brother and sister can't stand it because he milks his mom for every frikkin dollar he can. She has a substantial savings set back from when her husband died, but I bet he has cost her $100,000 in the past year, and a lot of it was to keep his stupid ass out of jail. She has called crying to me because that's her "baby" and she could never let him go to jail or prison... I told her to let him go to jail... 30 years and he still don't give a fukk, and he will never learn otherwise. Eventually he will just break her.
Some people are just broke... you can't fix em. I'm sorry about your brother, but you dropping 12K ain't gonna fix anything.
Another good friend of mine let his son go to jail for about 3 years. I couldn't begin to tell you all the grief this kid cost his family. He's out now... I see him every weekend, and he is definitely a changed person... for the better.
It's gotta be tough, but your main concerns should be you, your wife, and your business.

topless
03-05-2007, 08:28 PM
You have to put your wife first (Fukk, did I just say that?)... How long have you and your family been bailing him out, if not legally, how about financially? If you help out, do you ever see the money again? Yeah, I think your wife might have a legitimate gripe.
I have had plenty of set backs in my life too, but I brought the majority of them on myself. I am dealing with one now that is gonna cost me out the ass, but it's to help my son get custody of my grandson...
My parents have always been the type to help out. They have bailed me out of problems over the years, but I paid them back. They also helped my sisters over the years, and always were paid back. In a case like that, yeah, I'd say help him... trouble is it's probably not like that, and I could forsee more serious problems brought on if you do help.
I have a friend, and he is a total fukk up... blast to hang out with but always doing something stupid. His brother and sister can't stand it because he milks his mom for every frikkin dollar he can. She has a substantial savings set back from when her husband died, but I bet he has cost her $100,000 in the past year, and a lot of it was to keep his stupid ass out of jail. She has called crying to me because that's her "baby" and she could never let him go to jail or prison... I told her to let him go to jail... 30 years and he still don't give a fukk, and he will never learn otherwise. Eventually he will just break her.
Some people are just broke... you can't fix em. I'm sorry about your brother, but you dropping 12K ain't gonna fix anything.
Another good friend of mine let his son go to jail for about 3 years. I couldn't begin to tell you all the grief this kid cost his family. He's out now... I see him every weekend, and he is definitely a changed person... for the better.
It's gotta be tough, but your main concerns should be you, your wife, and your business.
Amen:)
Brian, what Ratso says is true, I know you love your brother but there are times when he HAS to be responsible for his actions. You can't bail him out or he will never learn. He is a big boy and needs this life lesson. Be good to your own family and pray for him.

hoolign
03-05-2007, 08:35 PM
As well..been there done that! It’s hard to watch someone you love or care about get hauled off in cuffs knowing they are getting locked up for however long! …But... your brother may need to be forced into a system where he has no choice but to take his meds as well as be treated by a psychiatrist on a regular basis. The human mind is an extraordinary device where the slightest imbalance in diet or lack of a certain vitamin can cause the neurotransmitters to start acting like bench racers! .. To coin an old phrase, the hardest part of letting go ..is letting go! Sounds to me like you need to worry about you and yours .let the professionals handle and help him! Not saying to give up on him .and most certainly make the “meds” issue known to a Dr. You’ll be fine dude ,,as soon as you quit bearing his burden…he’s his own man and needs to be accountable for himself!..