PDA

View Full Version : Big River - south of parker

ddevore
03-04-2007, 08:27 PM
Any one really gone south of parker... I'm looking into going to some place a little less crowded the next few years (10 month old) and Big River looks nice - any thoughts?

pebo
03-04-2007, 09:37 PM
Depends on what kind of boat you have. It's shallow so its not very Big boat friendly. :D

MudPumper
03-04-2007, 09:52 PM
Water does not usually come up till around noon, very shallow and rocky. It sucks, don't go there.

koyota93
03-04-2007, 10:00 PM
Its chill if you have a jet boat and don't mind launching at 11. My friends and I love that place. Less crowded and smooth water. Kinda swallow in some parts.

Racer277
03-04-2007, 10:23 PM
Water does not usually come up till around noon, very shallow and rocky. It sucks, don't go there.
:D :D

pebo
03-04-2007, 10:27 PM
[QUOTE]Water does not usually come up till around noon, very shallow and rocky. It sucks, don't go there.[/QUOTE
I'm with Ya' :D :D :)

OverKill
03-04-2007, 11:10 PM
Ya way less crowded. I have a Vacation home in Big River, during the summer months the water will come up around 10 am. I was just there last week and we were on the water at 11 am with no probs. I do have a 19' jet boat and if you go down river towrds Lost Lake the water is very deep. All the V drives go south for that reason. I have also been with I/O at Shell Beach all good times. As for peace and quiet, Big River is the place to go. You don't have to worry about the 18 year old stuck up Idiot that just took Daddy's 30+ foot boat out and run over 100 mph and get someone killed. Much better for your family.

dumbandyoung
03-05-2007, 10:30 AM
Its the same up by needles, A little less crowded but shallow until noon. It doesn't bother me though because I dont even wake up til around then:D

shockwaveharry
03-05-2007, 10:48 AM
Any one really gone south of parker... I'm looking into going to some place a little less crowded the next few years (10 month old) and Big River looks nice - any thoughts?
Been there a couple times with my Bravo1 and fit right in. The place isn't a hassle like Havasu... Very kick back with lots of fast boats under 22 feet to watch. Lower water level and cant launch till after 10am but who's up anyway?
I also back Blythe. Low traffic, lots of sandy beaches, anchor off on a sand bar in the middle of the river and just relax as the cool rush of water over your shoulders washes all your cares away... And the kids are just a few feet away playing in a couple inches of water. At least an hour closer to you too. That's gotta be worth something if you're worried about the kids!

Jyruiz
03-05-2007, 10:54 AM
Big River is nice, very layed back and family oriented and never crowded, that is where we started out. We actually miss that place.

ddevore
03-05-2007, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the input everyone. I've got a 21' Jet so depth is not normally a problem... I've got a 10 month old and the whole parker/havasu thing is a bit much for her - also on the weekends the river/lake up there are like sand highway! I went to a buddies place out at blythe last year and it was nice, my 21' was not the little dingy out there... Also - as for rocks, how does it compare to the rock bottom/beaches up river??

shockwaveharry
03-06-2007, 12:25 AM
Also - as for rocks, how does it compare to the rock bottom/beaches up river??
Watch out for the rock bar on the north side of the 10 bridge. Stay in the channel on the west side of the river. Other than that, good luck finding any rocks out there. Nothing but sand, sand, sand.... Love it!