PDA

View Full Version : Lake patrol/ranger can impound your boat...

Outnumbered
03-05-2007, 11:08 AM
Not sure how many of you surf Hot Spots West but this is a must read...
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142602

Outnumbered
03-05-2007, 11:09 AM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25310&d=1172802126

Baja Big Dog
03-05-2007, 11:45 AM
Read the last thread on this subject, people crack me up, don't try to interrupt the normal sheep like events that take place when you go to a lake, (which is a privilege), these people are giving you every out they can, they will wash your boat and trailer. ( heaven forbid they wash off the fricken paint!!!)
And why, to prevent what could be a catastrophe , (unless this is a chicken little thing). So lets condemn the attempts saying the states are claiming he sky is falling, puff out our chests and tell them they ain't gonna tell us what to do with our boats.....those bastards.
You think they want to impound your boat to punish you ? wrong, they don't want you to go to some other lake and contribute to the spread of these mussels.

Outnumbered
03-05-2007, 11:57 AM
Read the last thread on this subject, people crack me up, don't try to interrupt the normal sheep like events that take place when you go to a lake, (which is a privilege), these people are giving you every out they can, they will wash your boat and trailer. ( heaven forbid they wash off the fricken paint!!!)
And why, to prevent what could be a catastrophe , (unless this is a chicken little thing). So lets condemn the attempts saying the states are claiming he sky is falling, puff out our chests and tell them they ain't gonna tell us what to do with our boats.....those bastards.
You think they want to impound your boat to punish you ? wrong, they don't want you to go to some other lake and contribute to the spread of these mussels.
I'm sure you would say the same thing you just posted as you watch Mr. Ranger hook your $100k boat up and take it away from you:rolleyes:
WTF is wrong with you people? You let government take over your life and take more of your freedom a little at a time. Take a look at how much freedom has been taken in the last 100 years. Can't imagine what it will be like in another 100 years. Wake up man.

Outnumbered
03-05-2007, 12:02 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: Maybe they should be as strict about illegals crossing the borders as they are with Zebra Mussels crossing from lake to lake. What a fukking joke. This shit gets me so pissed off.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Powerquestboy
03-05-2007, 12:12 PM
Do some research on the subject! Its not a conspiracy theory by the government to gather up a bunch of nice boats. All you have to do is YOUR part and you will be fine. You can bet your a$$ though if you dont take any measures and these things are found on your boat they will impound your vessel and not let you near the water until it is properly sterilized. Do you seriously think they are going to keep your boat forever? All they are trying to do is stop these things from invading Lake Powell. Do everything you can to help out and be responsible and you will be just fine. If you want to enjoy the waterway, do your part to put forth a good effort to protect it.
Unfortunatly it is inevitable that they will show up in lake powell, theses things will ruin outdrives, damage the dam and destroy those beautiful sandy beachs with shells. People should at least care enough to try and delay this.

Outnumbered
03-05-2007, 12:26 PM
Do some research on the subject! Its not a conspiracy theory by the government to gather up a bunch of nice boats. All you have to do is YOUR part and you will be fine. You can bet your a$$ though if you dont take any measures and these things are found on your boat they will impound your vessel and not let you near the water until it is properly sterilized. Do you seriously think they are going to keep your boat forever? All they are trying to do is stop these things from invading Lake Powell. Do everything you can to help out and be responsible and you will be just fine. If you want to enjoy the waterway, do your part to put forth a good effort to protect it.
Unfortunatly it is inevitable that they will show up in lake powell, theses things will ruin outdrives, damage the dam and destroy those beautiful sandy beachs with shells. People should at least care enough to try and delay this.
Look, I have no problem doing my part. I am the guy that actually takes more trash home with him than he takes out to the lake. We always bring extra bags and the kids and I pick up other peoples shit that they seem to think it is OK to leave on the beach so I don't need a lecture on taking care of the lake.
I always drain my bilge and will be sure to check it out for these little PIA's. I'm good with all that. All I am saying is that it is total bull shit that they would impound your boat if they find a mussel that you may have missed. Intentionally putting them in the lake is one thing but read the flyer...you don't have to have intent.

WYRD
03-05-2007, 12:27 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: Maybe they should be as strict about illegals crossing the borders as they are with Zebra Mussels crossing from lake to lake. What a fukking joke. This shit gets me so pissed off.:mad: :mad: :mad:
Strict measures are what get results, with such harsh consequences maybe people will open their eyes and pitch in. Read the "what you need to do" section, hell most of us do that anyways doesn't seem like such a hard thing to follow. If only Fish and Game was in charge of border patrol maybe we would see some results there too...
WYRD

Outnumbered
03-05-2007, 12:31 PM
Strict measures are what get results, with such harsh consequences maybe people will open their eyes and pitch in. Read the "what you need to do" section, hell most of us do that anyways doesn't seem like such a hard thing to follow. If only Fish and Game was in charge of border patrol maybe we would see some results there too...
WYRD
A $2,000 fine is not strict enough?

WYRD
03-05-2007, 12:41 PM
A $2,000 fine is not strict enough?
For the average person yes, but for the douchebag that wont pay it or doesnt give a shit....$1000 fine for littering doesnt seem to stop people from throwing out their burger king bags or leaving shitty diapers on the side of the road and to answer your question in the West thread they do impound your car for speeding, its called street racing. The BLM can impound your off road toys too if you disobey BLM laws, and the IRS can impound for not paying your share, face it whether its fair or not the laws are just tools to stop the worst of offenders not to harass the average tax paying joe.
Its a sad world we live in, no longer is it for the people by the people most of the azzholes in this world cant govern their own shithole lives let alone anybody elses

Baja Big Dog
03-05-2007, 12:44 PM
Tell me this ain't the best forum around, start talking about mussels and end up on Illegals!!
Maybe Ill start a new infomercial....how to buy boats from the government that were taken away because they felt like under the disguise of preventing the spread of mussels.:mad:
Those commie bastards!!!!:devil:
Wait a minute.....Ill be this is a ploy from George W. as a way to get more money to support the war!!!:idea:

Outnumbered
03-05-2007, 12:51 PM
Oh man...this thread is in a tail-spin:D I give up...take my boat.

Baja Big Dog
03-05-2007, 01:58 PM
Oh man...this thread is in a tail-spin:D I give up...take my boat.
Dammit Out...lets keep it goin un til the evening guys get ahold of it. That will be a real mushroom cloud!!!
EAZY should be home pretty soon............:jawdrop:

Outnumbered
03-06-2007, 01:26 PM
I just had another thought...up until a few months ago nobody thought that these things were in the Colorado. But obviously they have been there for some time.
Let's say that you are boating on Powell, pick up some mussels FROM LAKE POWELL that are not known to exist there yet, the ranger searches your bilge/drive/etc and finds some and says you brought them in. They impound your boat and/or fine you etc and then try to sue you for destroying the eco system of the lake. Not too far fetched really. How do they really know that the mussles are not already in the lake? I bet they are and I bet they turn up by the end of the summer.

Boatcop
03-06-2007, 02:54 PM
There is little, if any, chance of Zebra or Quagga mussels being found attached to or on the boats that most of us have and use.
For the most part, we use them for a weekend or a week, and then yank them out of the water. Possibly every day. And then they are in storage for a week or several weeks or months, before being used again. As long as the bilges and other water collecting areas are drained and dry, they won't live on or in the boat. And our boats are seldom in the water long enough for them to attach.
The types of boats that are the main targets of plans like these are the ones who stay in the water for weeks or months at a time, giving the mussels a chance to attach and form a stronghold, or bass boats where live-well water, live bait, etc. is transported from lake to lake.
Quagga and Zebra mussels cannot live dry for more than 5 days or so. Less in the summer heat.
So don't get your panties all in a bunch. This is for the protection of the lakes and our water supply (which is what the lakes are there for in the first place). A few years ago the chicken littles were were running around with their heads cut off about how the California Noise regs would prevent everyone from boating on Lake Havasu. Here it is 2 years later and, to my knowledge, no one has been unduly hassled by Cal authorites for noise.
So chill out. Take a few simple steps to reduce the possibility of spreading these things, go boating, and have fun.

WYRD
03-06-2007, 03:48 PM
There is little, if any, chance of Zebra or Quagga mussels being found attached to or on the boats that most of us have and use.
For the most part, we use them for a weekend or a week, and then yank them out of the water. Possibly every day. And then they are in storage for a week or several weeks or months, before being used again. As long as the bilges and other water collecting areas are drained and dry, they won't live on or in the boat. And our boats are seldom in the water long enough for them to attach.
The types of boats that are the main targets of plans like these are the ones who stay in the water for weeks or months at a time, giving the mussels a chance to attach and form a stronghold, or bass boats where live-well water, live bait, etc. is transported from lake to lake.
Quagga and Zebra mussels cannot live dry for more than 5 days or so. Less in the summer heat.
So don't get your panties all in a bunch. This is for the protection of the lakes and out water supply (which is what the lakes are there for in the first place). A few years ago the chicken littles were were running around with their heads cut off about how the California Noise regs would prevent everyone from boating on Lake Havasu. Here it is 2 years later and, to my knowledge, no one has been unduly hassled by Cal authorites for noise.
So chill out. Take a few simple steps to reduce the possibility of spreading these things, go boating, and have fun.
Nuff Said:D

PHX ATC
03-06-2007, 03:55 PM
Outnumbered, thanks for picking up my trash last week!:D
BTW, did you ever find that little mussel clan that I put in your pool?:D They still around?

Outnumbered
03-06-2007, 04:03 PM
You guys laugh now but if you give them an inch with no fuss they will take a foot and more.
Just wait until the Dems get a firm grip on this whole lawmaking process when they elect a Dem president because all the soccer moms and tree huggers fell for all the Bush-bashing in the liberal media.
We're DOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMEEEEEEDDDDDDDD:D
Ok, back to my bunker in the hills. Carry on.:D

Outnumbered
03-06-2007, 04:03 PM
Outnumbered, thanks for picking up my trash last week!:D
BTW, did you ever find that little mussel clan that I put in your pool?:D They still around?
I don't pick up horse poopie, sorry:)

WYRD
03-06-2007, 04:39 PM
You guys laugh now but if you give them an inch with no fuss they will take a foot and more.
Just wait until the Dems get a firm grip on this whole lawmaking process when they elect a Dem president because all the soccer moms and tree huggers fell for all the Bush-bashing in the liberal media.
We're DOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMEEEEEEDDDDDDDD:D
Ok, back to my bunker in the hills. Carry on.:D
You think Hillary is that smart:confused: :D