PDA

View Full Version : Chevy Dealer leaves my Air Cleaner off !

2Driver
02-01-2006, 04:14 PM
Yesterday I open the hood of my truck for the first time in 4k miles (since dealer did the last oil change) and there staring me in the face is the cover to my air cleaner - OFF! The dick never put it back on.
I go down there today for an oil change and talk to the service writer. They inspected the throttle body (as do I and all is clean). They finish the oil change and hand me a bill for $34. What a bunch of customer service losers ( in my opinion of course) :mad:

Outnumbered
02-01-2006, 04:18 PM
Buy a Dodge :) J/K
Seems no one can do anything right. I always watch when my stuff is getting done. It pisses them off sometimes but this is the kind of stuff that happens when you don't. BTW, find another dealer.

WaterBox
02-01-2006, 05:13 PM
Yesterday I open the hood of my truck for the first time in 4k miles (since dealer did the last oil change) and there staring me in the face is the cover to my air cleaner - OFF! The dick never put it back on.
I go down there today for an oil change and talk to the service writer. They inspected the throttle body (as do I and all is clean). They finish the oil change and hand me a bill for $34. What a bunch of customer service losers ( in my opinion of course) :mad:
:220v: Stuppppid Dealership! ...... But I can't imagine anyone not opening the hood to check their oil level and doing a visual at least once in between oil changes! :hammerhea

HCS
02-01-2006, 05:24 PM
Being how I work for a dealer, Iv'e seen it all.
Brake cap resivors left off, Wheels left untightened, you name it.
Techs can get side tracked very easy and no one is perfect. :redface:
I know people do not expect that to happen at the dealer, but it does.
Those guys work on alot of cars in one day.
People don't think they should have to when they go to the dealer,
but always check your vehicle when you pick it up.
Open the hood and take a look at everything.
It doesn't hurt and you'll feel better when you leave.

Mr. Pixilated
02-01-2006, 05:25 PM
With no filter did it go faster...

WaterBox
02-01-2006, 05:31 PM
With no filter did it go faster...
Probably not. But it sure should have sounded different. :rolleyes:

cc322
02-01-2006, 05:40 PM
IMO they should have comped you the oil change and threw in some killer coupons for a later date. SLACKERS :mad:

2Driver
02-01-2006, 05:44 PM
I'm usually pretty anal about checking up on that. Figures first time I don't. The cleaner cover was just sitting on top of the air box with the screws out. I sure most the air bypassed the fiter
No change in sound like when I used to flip the cleaner top on Mom's old 78 360 Cordoba in high school...Whoooooo..whooooooo weeeeeeee whooooooooo
:rollside:

Outnumbered
02-01-2006, 05:59 PM
People know the dealer charges more and that expense is supposed to be justified by "we know what we are doing, ABC mechanic does not". If that was true, I would gladly pay a few more bucks to have peace of mind and NOT have to worry about watching or checking up on them.
I have found out that there are good and bad dealers just like any other shop. I guess that is why I stopped going to the dealer for stuff that is not under warranty. Now I just use shops that are close to my house that have done a good job. The dealers near my house suck ass.

soupersonic
02-01-2006, 06:31 PM
Just had the tires rotated today on the dually at Big O because i bought the tires there. They usually do the same thing, mount the outer tire on the rear so your cant reach the schrader valve. So i watch and wait till they think they are done and i tell them to check the tire pressure, then i get to watch em remount the rear tires. Today it was only one :rolleyes: I guess thats what you get with a couple of 18 year old kids busting tires.

Tahiti350
02-01-2006, 06:44 PM
Rear wheels on my dually are pin guided to ensure they are aligned right, but they have still screwed it up at the local Firestone. Ruined 4 wheels, older Dodge duallies are torqued to 350 ft lbs, bent the hell out of the wheels. I caught it before moving the truck, and made them replace the wheels. They wanted to just "re-position" them :argue: . Can you say "Bite me tire boy!"? :crossx:
Unfortunately this has happened more than once, as shown by the pin prints on the current wheels that I found last time I pulled them off myself. :mad: :220v:

cola
02-01-2006, 06:52 PM
I've had the same thing happen. I checked the oil when I was filling up in Brawley on our way to Glamis for a week. Who knows what damage could have been done driving up & down sand highway & all over the place. :mad:
Late, Mike

77charger
02-01-2006, 07:45 PM
If my truck went 4k without a filter i be in the hell hole with the engine.Glamis trips,shooting trips camping,etc.If a dealer did that to me i'd be screaming about it and asking for and extended warranty right away.Just cause i know my truck gets exposed to bad elements unlike the yuppie user who gets 4x4 just to be "cool"
Luckily i do my oil changes and shit.I just did an oil change on my truck 42k and replaced the air filter it was dirty but not a spec of dust on the intake side I dont beleive in k&n type filters in dusty conditions rather suffer the hp loss vs the dirt.
77(is drinking heavy tonight so i say what i really want to)charger

2Driver
02-01-2006, 07:55 PM
But I can't imagine anyone not opening the hood to check there oil level :hammerhea
I can't imagine that anyone can screw up the use of the word "their" but they do.
J/K :D :D

Ziggy
02-01-2006, 08:09 PM
Back in the good ol' days when PC wasn't such a factor we had a sign in the Service Dept. office that said: There are roughly Eight Thousand Six Hundred and Forty Five bolts on your car, don't blame us if one is loose.....
People actually got a kick out of the sign :D

dave186
02-01-2006, 08:15 PM
i work at a high volume tire shop, some of you probably do business at one of our stores or at least have seen one. it is so easy to screw stuff up when you are trying to do stuff so fast. i do the alignment, brake, shocks, suspension and mechanical type stuff and we do a pretty good job at getting things right. not that we never screw up, but the tire guys get the shaft on the deal. i watch them run around like madmen trying to fix 10 flats, rotates on 5 cars and a set of 8 drivers on a semi, with a stack of tags waiting. do you think every single one of those lug nuts is going to get torqued properly?
if any of our customers has something happen thats our fault, we fix it. sometimes we have to take it in the ass. one of the worst things that happened was one of our guys put a bunch of new batteries in one of those giant pusher motor homes and got them wired wrong and it fried the generator. $5000 to the cummins dealer to fix it. ive got more stories, but this is getting long.

HCS
02-01-2006, 10:20 PM
I have found out that there are good and bad dealers just like any other shop. I guess that is why I stopped going to the dealer for stuff that is not under warranty. Now I just use shops that are close to my house that have done a good job. The dealers near my house suck ass.
Good solid techs that stay put at one dealer are a dying breed.
Look in the news paper at the classified adds.
We have a $5000.00 hiring signing bonus at our shop, if the hired tech last one year.
If I recommend you, and you stick, I collect the the whole 5'gs myself. If you last 1 year.
Want a job?
------------------------------------------------------------------
We have hired mostly Sears and Monkey Ward techs over the past years
because qualified techs don't exist, their not out there.

Outnumbered
02-01-2006, 10:49 PM
Good solid techs that stay put at one dealer are a dying breed.
Look in the news paper at the classified adds.
We have a $5000.00 hiring signing bonus at our shop, if the hired tech last one year.
If I recommend you, and you stick, I collect the the whole 5'gs myself. If you last 1 year.
Want a job?
------------------------------------------------------------------
We have hired mostly Sears and Monkey Ward techs over the past years
because qualified techs don't exist, their not out there.
Why, is the pay too low so they go elsewhere? I always thought that the dealerships paid well but I have no idea.