PDA

View Full Version : Need experienced opinions on Genesis boats quality.

jody165
03-05-2007, 12:19 PM
My uncle is considering a used Genesis but I cannot tell him anything about the company other than they are a new small boat builder in Moreno Valley. I've searched this site but not found much info either pro or con in terms of their build quality. That is all that I am really concerned about at this point. Any help?

finsfan4life
03-05-2007, 11:25 PM
My uncle is considering a used Genesis but I cannot tell him anything about the company other than they are a new small boat builder in Moreno Valley. I've searched this site but not found much info either pro or con in terms of their build quality. That is all that I am really concerned about at this point. Any help?
Hey bro, my buddy and I have been looking for boats, when we were considering a 25 ft, Genesis came to mind. The Casillas family have quite a long history and from what we gathered, its been pretty successful...and in case you were wondering, no, I dont know them personally at all...
Finsfan4life

little rowe boat
03-06-2007, 09:11 AM
I know two peeps that own or have owned a Genesis. One sold his and the other is trying to sell. There have been some probs. with the company within the last year or so. Someone here on the boards might be able to shed some light on the subject. Good luck.

NOTALENT
03-06-2007, 01:57 PM
Do a search under Casilas or Genesis...you will find your answer.....

riverbound
03-06-2007, 01:59 PM
Talk to Badblown572. about the company ;)

djunkie
03-06-2007, 02:04 PM
Talk to Badblown572. about the company ;)
Damm poor BB572 sure is getting thrown under the bus alot lately. First HTM now this. :D :D :D

riverbound
03-06-2007, 02:09 PM
Damm poor BB572 sure is getting thrown under the bus alot lately. First HTM now this. :D :D :D
:eek: That could be taken wrong.... BB572 is having them do some work for him. I doubt he would have chosen a shoddy company to deal with.

djunkie
03-06-2007, 02:12 PM
:eek: That could be taken wrong.... BB572 is having them do some work for him. I doubt he would have chosen a shoddy company to deal with.
10-4. Roger that. :D :D

Mrs.HLB
03-07-2007, 03:08 PM
We bought a Genesis back in 2003. We have a 23ft open bow and love it. We have had great service and the guys have been around for a while. If your uncle has any questions have him call the company or you can PM me for
more info.
Mrs.HLB

UHHH SUCKA
03-08-2007, 06:44 PM
I had their 21', 23', and now have the 29'. My buddy also has the 251. I have always had excellent customer service and not 1 issue with either boat. These guys know what they are doing and build a quality boat. They did have some king of issue last year, but looks like their back in business and doing well. Speak to Rudy or Joel, both cool guys to work with.
2005 Genesis 29' XS
-496 H.O. 71Hrs.
-70 MPH
-Cuddy W/facing couches & Open bow
-7000 watt stereo system W/chrging generator
-Custom Gel Coat
-Custom Triple Axle trailer
Excellent Condition
$80,000 o.b.o
oloverutony@aol.com

prop check
03-08-2007, 10:42 PM
I like the "experience" clause in your thread it makes me laugh, I'm sure you will get a lot of well I heard from some other guy who knows another guy responses. I will give you my .02 I own a 04 251 Genesis I purchased it from them while they were building in Fontana. they were always great to me and my family they appreciated my business and the boat has three sesons on it. The gelcoat is perfect, the interior is still in excellent condition there are no mechanical problems and the hull is sound, I won't say the same for my EXTREME trailer I have not been as happy with it. so IMO they do build a great quality boat. The price is good. They had some business problems last year. I believe that is still public record with the County of Riverside and online if you realy care to know. I am selling my boat though, because with my family situation I need to switch to a deckboat. I will answer any questions you may have if you PM me.

jody165
03-09-2007, 08:32 AM
I like the "experience" clause in your thread it makes me laugh, I'm sure you will get a lot of well I heard from some other guy who knows another guy responses. I will give you my .02 I own a 04 251 Genesis I purchased it from them while they were building in Fontana. they were always great to me and my family they appreciated my business and the boat has three sesons on it. The gelcoat is perfect, the interior is still in excellent condition there are no mechanical problems and the hull is sound, I won't say the same for my EXTREME trailer I have not been as happy with it. so IMO they do build a great quality boat. The price is good. They had some business problems last year. I believe that is still public record with the County of Riverside and online if you realy care to know. I am selling my boat though, because with my family situation I need to switch to a deckboat. I will answer any questions you may have if you PM me.
Thanks Propcheck and some of you other peeps, I think you answered my question pretty well. Glad you noticed my "experienced opinions" filter :D :D :D