PDA

View Full Version : Best spot for Desert Storm

x7734x
03-05-2007, 01:07 PM
This will be my first time on the water for Desert Storm. Where is the best spot on the lake to watch the boats "fly" by at a safe distance? Also what is the normal route for the poker run, and where are the card stops at?

Havasu Hangin'
03-05-2007, 01:11 PM
The best spot is in it.
Otherwise...I'd probably park down past Black Meadow.

NOTALENT
03-05-2007, 01:12 PM
We stay at @ Cattail Cove....the boats have hit full speed by that point and its not to crowded. Normally HB'ers will meet up directly across the lake from Cattail and tie up to watch.

C-2
03-05-2007, 01:27 PM
The best spot is in it.
Exactly.
I ran the SCOPE poker run in the OCEAN in my 21' boat. I don't want to hear about the "my boat is too small" whining. Bunch of *ussies.:sqeyes: :sqeyes: :sqeyes:

x7734x
03-05-2007, 01:30 PM
I definitally would like to enter maybe next year. I just got finished putting in my new motor and it still needs to be broken in.

Benjhamina
03-05-2007, 01:31 PM
I've never been in a poker run on the boat. Can I cruise it at 40mph if I want or do you have to be 100+ mph to enter. The poker runs we do in the desert you can enter with a pit bike if you want but it seems like if you don't have a rocket for a boat you just tie up and watch this one. Am I mistaken?

Havasu Hangin'
03-05-2007, 01:33 PM
I definitally would like to enter maybe next year. I just got finished putting in my new motor and it still needs to be broken in.
I can't think of a better way to break it in...take off your skirt and sign up!
:D

H20 Toie
03-05-2007, 01:43 PM
I've never been in a poker run on the boat. Can I cruise it at 40mph if I want or do you have to be 100+ mph to enter. The poker runs we do in the desert you can enter with a pit bike if you want but it seems like if you don't have a rocket for a boat you just tie up and watch this one. Am I mistaken?
it's not a race so you can go whatever speed you want. Just becuase i can do 100 doesn't mean i will, oh yeah i can't even come close to 100 :)

That Guy
03-05-2007, 01:43 PM
You are mistaken....:D They stagger the start and you will be fine running at 40. Let us know what time you will roll by and we'll have the floatilla do the wave for you.....:D

BADBLOWN572
03-05-2007, 01:47 PM
The best place to watch, IMO, is between Black Meadows and the Pump station. They are pretty much running wide open right there. They have to slow down for the turn at Black Meadows and will scrub off speed. By the time they hit the pump station, they are usually backing off for the first card stop.
Another good place is between Havasu Palms and Black Meadows. Another good straight away. :)

Gayleen
03-05-2007, 01:52 PM
:D offer one of the big name poker runners a $100.00 bill for gas assistance:D and maybe you'll get a real nice seat in thier boat ??:D :D worth a try !!
LOL! Have you tried it? :D

Havasu Hangin'
03-05-2007, 02:21 PM
:D offer one of the big name poker runners a $100.00 bill for gas assistance:D and maybe you'll get a real nice seat in thier boat ??:D :D worth a try !!
I think Mike with the "Risk-gay Business" Skater was putting some VP gas in his boat that was around $10/gallon. $100 would probably get you to the buoy line...lol.

Benjhamina
03-05-2007, 02:33 PM
You are mistaken....:D They stagger the start and you will be fine running at 40. Let us know what time you will roll by and we'll have the floatilla do the wave for you.....:D
Thanks for the info. I figured they wouldn't limit it to the big boys only. Sounds like the place to be is the Floatilla doing the wave over and over again anyway.

909punk
03-05-2007, 02:45 PM
I just want to park where the most pasties are ...
B:D:DBIES!!!

That Guy
03-05-2007, 02:50 PM
Thanks for the info. I figured they wouldn't limit it to the big boys only. Sounds like the place to be is the Floatilla doing the wave over and over again anyway.
We may not be fast but we're definitely slow......:D oh and someone is usually brewing up some wicked bloody mary's....:D Welcome to the team....
"Team Floatilla" Where lack of speed meets really big party.....:D

That Guy
03-05-2007, 02:51 PM
Welcome to the team as well.....:D :D

shueman
03-05-2007, 03:03 PM
We stay at @ Cattail Cove....the boats have hit full speed by that point and its not to crowded. Normally HB'ers will meet up directly across the lake from Cattail and tie up to watch.
Yea, beach just north of there and climb up on the dunes....awesome views...:)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1761Cat-Tail_Beach_3.jpg

AZJD
03-05-2007, 03:33 PM
Come find me, we will be there with plenty of silicone!:D

MR.rvrluvr
03-05-2007, 05:07 PM
Come find me, we will be there with plenty of silicone!:D
can anyone join, or is this a private party?:D :D :confused: :)

Not So Fast
03-05-2007, 05:23 PM
Wish I could find the guy who was pulling his kid on a tube last year right in the middle of the lake where he thought the best place was:confused: And stayed there for the return back up river, people were yelling at him too no avail. Hard to figure. NSF

AZJD
03-05-2007, 05:23 PM
can anyone join, or is this a private party?:D :D :confused: :)
How big are your boobs?:D :D

AZJD
03-05-2007, 05:25 PM
Wish I could find the guy who was pulling his kid on a tube last year right in the middle of the lake where he thought the best place was:confused: And stayed there for the return back up river, people were yelling at him too no avail. Hard to figure. NSF
We saw that guy!!!!!! How about the pontoon that got between the first couple of groups?

Not So Fast
03-05-2007, 05:33 PM
We saw that guy!!!!!! How about the pontoon that got between the first couple of groups?
I made the mistake one year and thought the run was by us so I pulled out by Copper Canyon headed to the channel in my Flotilla (top speed about 45) Well the big cars had gone by but not the "V"s so my DIL yells lookout MR V here they come, YIKES I figured they were pros and would miss us so I just kept her going straight ahead. That MY FRIEND IS WHEN YOU REALIZE JUST HOW FAST THEY ARE GOING. they were going by with in 50 ft or so and a little unnerving but thrilling at the same time. MORAL to this be careful out there!!!!! NSF

MR.rvrluvr
03-05-2007, 05:47 PM
they are decent size, my wife kinda thinks I should loose a couple pounds so they don't become bigger than hers :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :D :D

AZJD
03-05-2007, 05:48 PM
I made the mistake one year and thought the run was by us so I pulled out by Copper Canyon headed to the channel in my Flotilla (top speed about 45) Well the big cars had gone by but not the "V"s so my DIL yells lookout MR V here they come, YIKES I figured they were pros and would miss us so I just kept her going straight ahead. That MY FRIEND IS WHEN YOU REALIZE JUST HOW FAST THEY ARE GOING. they were going by with in 50 ft or so and a little unnerving but thrilling at the same time. MORAL to this be careful out there!!!!! NSF
Yeah we ran in Jordys 30' spectre last year and we got passed byt Mamba when we were running about 90+ and he passed us like we were standing still, and noise that damn boat made was crazy! Scared the crap out of me! By the time I heard it, he was already 20 yard ahead of us!

jdnichols
03-06-2007, 08:11 PM
Yeah we ran in Jordys 30' spectre last year and we got passed byt Mamba when we were running about 90+ and he passed us like we were standing still, and noise that damn boat made was crazy! Scared the crap out of me! By the time I heard it, he was already 20 yard ahead of us!
You haven't lived until you run that Warlock in the event. Big enough to run great, small enough to make the adrenaine flow big time! An that was back when the groups were 70+ boats :) Try balancing her on top of huge boat wakes coming off the walls and kicking you sideways at every launch! One thing I'll say about my old 27 WC, she straighted out on every landing and flew again.
http://az***boats.com/Gallery/albums/album01/IMG_0856.sized.jpg
http://az***boats.com/Gallery/albums/album01/049_G.sized.jpg
Well maybe you should just sit on the sidelines and enjoy the silicon :) That's what boats are for after all!

Inked
03-06-2007, 08:29 PM
Funny ass song on your myspace, fake boobs rock!!

BoatFloating
03-06-2007, 08:43 PM
Looks like we need to get the floatilla thread started.....:D