PDA

View Full Version : Scion Car - Opinion

JetBoatRich
03-06-2007, 05:20 AM
My daughter is graduating H.S. in couple months and I made a deal with her. She does well, she gets a new car, she kept her side of the bargain. She sold her 97 T-Bird last night and now it is time to step up.
She likes the Scion either a TC or XB. looks for any thoughts and/or experiences

Jbb
03-06-2007, 05:22 AM
X box is cool lookin for kids....and very popular.....and made by Toyota,so likely very dependable...
This one was at the World of Wheels last year...:)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/860DSCF0137w.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/860DSCF0138w.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/860DSCF0139w.JPG

mobldj
03-06-2007, 05:59 AM
whats the survivability against...say a suv.

bilgewiper
03-06-2007, 06:01 AM
I've got a '05 xB that I bought new and now have 54k miles on with absolutly no problems. Bought it exclusivly for running the carpool to school/errands etc. and then giving it to my daughter when she goes to college. It's got the automatic tranny and loaded with 5 passengers running 70+ up a 1800' elevation change to school and back it gets 31 mpg tank after tank (46mi commute). Two of the hills its in 3rd gear WOT at almost 4500-5000rpm. I've gotten as high as 34mpg and low as 27 around town. The hardest thing to get used to is the ride..........its hard, think 5yd. dump truck hard. Its loud, but it does come with a decent stock stereo. You can change the 3.7qt.s of oil and filter without jacking the car up. 5000mi intervals instead of 7500 which sucks. The back seats have far more leg/knee room than the front even with front seats all the way back. Ton's of head room. Other than that it's a fun toy car that has tons of stuff avalable from the aftermarket to snazz it up with.

Sigus
03-06-2007, 06:02 AM
We bought for our daughter one last year when she graduated. She loves the it. Not sure how many miles are on it but have not had any problems with it other then she does not have a clue how to keep it clean.:mad:
Gas millage is great and ride is very good for a car in this price range. Their are also a lot of add ons for this ride.
Good luck with which ever direction you go.

BigDoug
03-06-2007, 06:39 AM
Rich, does Missy really deserve a new Toyota ??????...........................of course she does !!...................those cars are very dependable and fun for the youth minded and probably pretty safe, do some home work and you'll find a good deal out there im sure !!.....good luck and tell the family hi from us. Doug, Richelle and Josh (Army) :)

Jetdriver
03-06-2007, 06:52 AM
You know my opinion.

98 Vector 21
03-06-2007, 07:38 AM
Nice cars....1.5L in the XB, The TC is 2.4L the 08 Xb is going to have the TC motor. They are all pure priced whitch means it sells for sticker nothing more (except adds AE: wheels, upgrades) nothing less....Check out the web site you can get pre-approved, pick your car options print it out take it to the dealer walk out with that car that price in a couple hours....http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/7011DSC03906-med.JPG

Indiansprings
03-06-2007, 07:47 AM
Our TC has been great. They have the Camery motor in them. I recommend it over an XB.

Jyruiz
03-06-2007, 07:53 AM
I would get her the XB, nice little car, four doors, lots of room and great on gas.

gabe1
03-06-2007, 08:14 AM
I bought my girl a TC . She likes it, me personally IMO its too small for me. For a girl its perfect for the price.

catman-do
03-06-2007, 09:15 AM
My buddy has the Scion car (i think its a TC). It seems like a good car. Has a little pep, gets good gas, looks good, and it cooks rice and eggrolls while he drives! All in all they seem like decent cars. You cant go wrong with any toyota.

cxr133
03-06-2007, 11:08 AM
i also own the xB.. and i am in my mid-thirties. We bought it as a commuter car as gas prices were going up and it was becoming more difficult to justify filling up the Tahoe to go back and forth to work.
Great reliable little car. i think after awhile the novelty of the little box car wears off.
if i had to do it again i would either get the TC or Honda Civic/Accord

AltarGirl
03-06-2007, 11:12 AM
You know my opinion.
Doesn't sound like a good one? :idea:

SJRS1
03-06-2007, 11:17 AM
I have a xb that I use as a business car, I was stopped at a light and was rear ended by a lady that was doing 45mph, I walked away with no injuries and the car was not totaled, great little car and no regrets

JetBoatRich
03-06-2007, 11:41 AM
Thanks for all the input, great information. It will be a cash deal, we should be able to walk out with something she likes:D

JetBoatRich
03-06-2007, 11:48 AM
Rich, does Missy really deserve a new Toyota ??????...........................of course she does !!...................those cars are very dependable and fun for the youth minded and probably pretty safe, do some home work and you'll find a good deal out there im sure !!.....good luck and tell the family hi from us. Doug, Richelle and Josh (Army) :)
You know she deserves it:D
Thanks Doug

JetBoatRich
03-06-2007, 11:48 AM
[
I'm the fleet director at Toyota of San Bernardino and we sell tons of those things to people for all different lifestyles. Everything from kids graduating(like you), to daily commuters, the one thing they all have in common is they all love their cars. If you have any questions you need answered you can call me (909) 557-0638 or pm me
John[/QUOTE]
Sent you a PM:rolleyes:

Jetdriver
03-06-2007, 11:54 AM
Doesn't sound like a good one? :idea:
He knows what I have to say about that. :D

JetBoatRich
03-06-2007, 11:57 AM
He knows what I have to say about that. :D
about what:)

Zaairman
03-06-2007, 12:02 PM
First off...I'd like to meet all of your daughters.. :sqeyes: :)
Secondly, get your daughter the tC. My cousin has an xB. I'm 19, and love big trucks. I think her xB rides rougher than a 3/4ton truck with 10 ply highway tires. Also, I couldn't seem to get comfortable in that thing either. Power was decent (automatic), and it got good mileage, so that was cool.

RitcheyRch
03-06-2007, 12:12 PM
If I was in the market for a small car I would definitely get one of the Xb's.

Jetdriver
03-06-2007, 12:14 PM
First off...I'd like to meet all of your daughters.. :sqeyes: :)
Secondly, get your daughter the tC. My cousin has an xB. I'm 19, and love big trucks. I think her xB rides rougher than a 3/4ton truck with 10 ply highway tires. Also, I couldn't seem to get comfortable in that thing either. Power was decent (automatic), and it got good mileage, so that was cool.
Ease up there Jr. I have a pretty good feeling that he doesnt want you to meet his daughter ever! Im also pretty damn sure she would hand you your ass. Now with that said. Rich either vehicle is going to provide her with something that is reliable and economical. If she will be taking friends around with her or taking the dog to the park and so on she really should look at getting the xb.

Big Kahunaa
03-06-2007, 12:18 PM
the car ones look cool

JetBoatRich
03-06-2007, 03:40 PM
Ease up there Jr. I have a pretty good feeling that he doesnt want you to meet his daughter ever! Im also pretty damn sure she would hand you your ass. Now with that said. Rich either vehicle is going to provide her with something that is reliable and economical. If she will be taking friends around with her or taking the dog to the park and so on she really should look at getting the xb.
Good advice Shawn:D for both Jr. and Missy:D how did you know she was concerned about taking the dog to the park:rolleyes:

Jetdriver
03-06-2007, 03:43 PM
Good advice Shawn:D for both Jr. and Missy:D how did you know she was concerned about taking the dog to the park:rolleyes:
Because she didnt show up to one event because she was taking lou dog to the park for something. :D Looking out for ya buddy.

a catered life
03-06-2007, 09:11 PM
i graduate and get bills :sqeyes: she does it and gets a car:eek: congrats missy and yes mister rich the scions are really cool

Windy
03-06-2007, 09:40 PM
Dang Rich our little girls are graduating.

Trailer Park Casanova
03-07-2007, 07:23 AM
It's a good looking and a good quality car.
Nice sporty looks for that segment.
The price is right too.
Glad for her, she earned it.

Zaairman
03-07-2007, 07:52 AM
I don't see why the tC wouldn't be just as reliable and economical. And unless her dog is a great dane, it should fit in the tC. The car's aren't my cup o tea, but the scions are all great cars. Let her get whichever one she likes.

JetBoatRich
03-07-2007, 01:42 PM
Dang Rich our little girls are graduating.
Sure is tough to watch them grow up and want to live their own lives:sqeyes:

JetBoatRich
03-07-2007, 01:43 PM
[
I'm the fleet director at Toyota of San Bernardino and we sell tons of those things to people for all different lifestyles. Everything from kids graduating(like you), to daily commuters, the one thing they all have in common is they all love their cars. If you have any questions you need answered you can call me (909) 557-0638 or pm me
John[/QUOTE]
John she should have called you by now with what she wants, call me before the deal is done:jawdrop:

JetBoatRich
03-10-2007, 06:42 AM
John is the Man!:D
Set me up with a car for my daughter, delivered to my front door step.
My Daughter could not be happier:D
Thanks John my wife and I really appreciated all your help.
(pictures to follow)

DMVQUEEN
03-10-2007, 07:24 AM
Way to go Rich, tell Missy congratulations for us..:)

shueman
03-10-2007, 07:42 AM
Way to go, dad... :cool:

raff
03-10-2007, 07:54 AM
OH that new car smell:D What a great DAD you are:)

RitcheyRch
03-10-2007, 09:02 AM
Congrats on the new car. Which model did you get?

BoneDaddy
03-10-2007, 02:23 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26125&d=1173564790
Here is my hoopty. 2006 Scion XB. I use it for work if you didn't notice. It has been a great car. It consistently gets 28-30 mpg at 70-80 mph with the AC on. It has good power and tons of room inside. Only draw back I can say is it rides like a buckboard. If I had to choose for my boys it would be the XB. Keep in mind though, the back seats do fold completely flat. Catch my point??
:)

YeLLowBoaT
03-10-2007, 02:27 PM
Which one has the best crash raiting?
females between 16-24 have more wrecks then any other group. Most of them minor, but it is something to think about.

Riomouse911
03-11-2007, 08:40 PM
They're all pretty small, so the lugnut rule will apply here as well...5 beats 4, 6 beats 5, 8 beats 6, etc...I'll never wanna get broadsided in it by a red light-runner at 40, it'll hurt pulling the grill out-a my arse.
I lowered my xB 2" (It took about 1.5 hours) and threw on some Pep Boys 17" rims w/40 series tires. I think it actually looks pretty cooland handles like a slot car, but it does ride as bad as the stupor duty. Kidney belt a must on long trips for the unlucky ones in the rar seats. Since the Company gave me a Ford 500 to drive now, the wife uses it to carpool 3 adults and an 18 month old to Metrolink daily with room to spare, and a fill-up every two weeks.

JetBoatRich
03-12-2007, 03:30 AM
Thanks for the commenst:D She did not stop smiling all weekend:D